[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>forgot that I had two finals tomorrow morning God i'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 1446177242288.jpg (929 KB, 2560x1576) Image search: [Google]
1446177242288.jpg
929 KB, 2560x1576
>forgot that I had two finals tomorrow morning
God i'm retarded.
Looks like I'll be puling an all-nighter. Any tips on how to at least be in semi-decent state to take the test tomorrow?

Like take an hour nap or two throughout the night?
>>
File: 1427771677336.jpg (12 KB, 232x217) Image search: [Google]
1427771677336.jpg
12 KB, 232x217
Would also like tips, I'm in a similar situation.

>exam tomorrow on a pass/fail basis
>15 chapters to read through, haven't read through any of the coursework the entire semester

I don't feel any stress for some reason. How am I suppose to work without stress? How do I induce panic?
>>
>>24892621
Just rememberer that your future depends on how you do in school.

And that will determine if you will ever even have a chance of getting a qt or not.
>>
Bump.

I popped some addys already
>>
File: njwildberger-undergrad-years.png (46 KB, 724x524) Image search: [Google]
njwildberger-undergrad-years.png
46 KB, 724x524
>analysis final tomorrow
>addys
>noopept
>whatever the fuck else I can get my hands on

LETS DO THIS
>>
>>24892582
Dont sleep. You will be tired but you will still be able to concentrate.
>>
>>24893014
>undergrad analysis
>difficult

pick 1 bro
>>
>>24893056
I've been doing some reading online and seen some conflicting statements.

Some people say never take a final after an all nighter cause you'll be too tired, others seem to say as long as you keep yourself refreshed and caffinated you'll be fine.

Any robots have first-hand experience taking a final after an all nighter? Is your memory affected that much?
>>
>>24892582
Drink 5-hour energy before the exam. If you have time, try to get in a 1-2 hour nap before your exam.
>>
>>24893096
I never pulled an all nighter in college because no grade was worth my sleep/time
>>
>>24893112
Really? I think this grade is more important then my sleep especially when I have literally nothing to do tomorrow after the exams.
>>
>>24893126
what is the course name?
>>
>>24892621
Get off /r9k/ and study right now, if its in the morning/midday then you should be right to do an all nighter. Drink a coffee around 4-5 hours before your exam and you should be fine, make sure you get lots of carbs and fruits in.

Just study because anything you do is better than nothing, just don't sleep and don't stress out too much. Learn the fundamentals and fuck the additional info, give yourself like 1hr per chapter
>>
>>24892724
You should take addys before the test then too, you remember what you studied better if you are in the same state of mind.

>break up what you're studying into sections
>take it one at a time, and go over each part a few times. Go for big picture stuff, it's too late for the finer details
>if you end up sleeping, which you should, go over everything right before you sleep. It should be the last thing you do, you will digest the information over night.
>rewrite your notes. I do this for every test and I've never gotten below a 90. Consolidate the information and look up anything that feels like a blank spot.

Mostly just focus on the bigger picture, sleep (at least a nap), and be in the same state of mind you were when you studied.
>>
>>24893155
Calculus 19 is the one i'm studying for now.

It's an easy as shit class but I had some... issues this semester (only a freshman) that caused me to miss a fuck ton of class. So I really want to do well on the final even if its just to prove to myself I can do it.
>>
>>24893069
I never said it was difficult faggot
>>
>>24892582
>mfw 7.5 page paper, 6.5 pages left.
>due 12/16/15. 80% of grade.

/FUCKED/
>>
>>24893476
this meme needs to die
>>
>>24893726
im dead srs.I retarded
>>
>>24893476
if you're not memeing, which you probably are, thats like 1 page a day. Thats completely doable. Just start now you dumbshit. My senior year of college i had a class where the main grades were four 6-page papers, and i would write them the night before, and the lowest i got on any of them was a B-.
>>
>>24893096
I think you need some sleep.

Sure, you may be able to take the exam, but your decision making will be slow and you'll be prone to dumb mistakes without at least a few hours rest.
>>
>>24893838
Ye i know i could write on page a day but each day i just tell myself, tomorrow ill write 2 pages.

Ill probably write it all 24 hours before deadline
>>
>>24893750
You a little under a week to write 6.5 pages. That's nothing.

I've done 10+ pages in a day before.
>>
Lol @ UniFags complaining about finals

jajajaj
>>
File: 1449262869134.jpg (446 KB, 1574x884) Image search: [Google]
1449262869134.jpg
446 KB, 1574x884
>>24892582

Hey OP. Architect robot reporting in for tips. Pulling all nighters is our bread and butter, it's bitch work by the end of your degree.

pointers from the studio pros:
1. DO NOT take periodic naps throughout the night. Your body will eventually need to go to fucking sleep, and even if you manage to wake up from your second 1-hr. power nap at 3am, you're going to feel like absolute shit when you try and force yourself to work again. The best way to do this is the old fashioned way. Like quitting smoking. Cold turkey. No fucking sleep. Its the name of the game. You want to put off the need for sleep as long as possible, not try and mitigate it. After all, REM is what you actually need, dosing yourself with 2 or 3 sessions of non REM sleep is just going to fuck you up. You'll probably end up sleeping through the exams.

2. DO NOT drink coffee. This is a great way to get an awful headache. Coffee is good for waking up once you've already gotten your sleep, not for keeping sleep at bay. It's good for helping you focus, not for fending off ill-focus, if that makes sense. If you try and cram coffee or something similar, you're going to feel like a pile of shit at about 5am, and that's when your all nighter is made or broken. Instead, try snacking on something that isn't filling throughout the night. Food helps keep you awake, and if you're in constant snack mode, you won't really get the wicked coffee headache.

3. Studying is eventually going to put you to sleep because its fucking boring. Find an activity that you can do in short bursts to interrupt your studying on a small schedule. For example, a game you can play for 20 minute bursts ever hour and a half, or so. I pulled an all nighter to finish a paper last night, and had some private server WoW pulled up. Do some work, do a few quests. Snack on shit. Helps keep your mind working through the wee hours of the morning, just don't overdo it.

1/2
>>
>>24892582
love me some surrealism
>>
>>24894028

Different anon. Adding that instead periodic naps, which don't ever fuckin work, taking a cold shower (NOT A WARM/HOT SHOWER) can be Super Effective. Don't attempt it if you're a freak of nature who naturally takes cold showers, but aside from that the system shock will keep you running for a good while.
>>
File: 1448727978664.png (2 MB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
1448727978664.png
2 MB, 1632x1224
>>24894028

3. cont - The key is to not get bogged down in one activity enough to remember that you're actually fucking tired as fuck.

4. This is the biggest tip I have. If you make it to dawn, you're in the thick of the hardest part. Get up, put your coat on, and go outside for a wal. Take ten minutes and go let the brisk morning air slap you in the face. It will do wonders for waking you up. There are few things as sobering as watching the sun rise after a night spent grinding on work. Plan out your morning, plan where you want to go get a comfy breakfast and (maybe, depending on whether or not you have a headache) a small cup of joe. Get something sweet to eat. You need some sugar to help push through the actual finals.

5. Taking the tests. Don't show up 20 minutes early to listen to all the normalfags quiz each other about shit you may or may not have placed importance on while you studied. You know what you studied and why you chose to study the way you did. Get there two minutes early, tops. Walk in, have a candy bar in your pocket to crush so you get some more sugar, and think of how sweet bed is going to be when you finally get home.

Good luck OP.
>>
>not filling up your short term memory 15 minutes before the test
>not rushing through the test as fast as possible then going to back to answer what you didn't immediately know
>not doing all coursework alone with no outside help so that you can actually understand it instead of trying to remember how the teacher did it when Tim asked for help
>>
>>24892724

good. hard stimulants are your answer.

I lived off of fig bars and dexies for a long time and was super productive. The thing that made me stop was the grumpiness that comes with an amphetamine habit. I was getting tired of being a meanie, but I do get geeked up from time to time still, when I have a serious job to do or need to run on minimal sleep
>>
File: 1446441372343.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446441372343.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>24894157
>>24894028
Thank you. May you be blessed with a qt virgin girlfriend anon.

It's freezing outside (i go to school in vermont) so i'm definitely doing that walk to wake me up.

>>24894126
I love boiling showers generally so i'll do this thanks.

>>24894249
>>24893186
I have another addy. Is it worth taking right before the test? It's obviously gonna keep me upeven more, but if it helps me concentrate i'll take it.
>>
>>24892582
Coffee, energy drinks, take a cold shower before leaving
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.