[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we start petitioning the government to not be able to tax
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Can we start petitioning the government to not be able to tax minimum wage workers and low wage workers who own their own apartment? Like why the fuck do I have to pay you 200 a month just to work? Thanks masta I sure am glad you let me work at the cost of taking a quarter of my check. Thank you for stopping sweat shops masta.

I wouldn't actually mind working and being a wagekek if they just fucked off and let me keep my money. Why the fuck should I work a job when part time gives me 150 a week and then after taxes I get like 110. That's like 18 hours of work for 110 dollars which is like 6 dollars an hour by the way.

The normal 1400 a month you get from 40 hours is enough for an apartment, food, AND entertainment. The 1000 you get after taxes, gives you an apartment and ramen noodles and crackers.
>>
Is the thin edge of the wedge. What is 'low wage' defined as? Does it vary by location? So many questions and all aswers are debatable
>>
>tfw get taxed 1/4 of my paycheck

GOD DAMN GOVERNMENT!!!!
GOD DAMN POOR PEOPLE!!!
GOD DAM HAND OUTS!!!
GOD DAMN SINGLE MOTHERS!!!
GOD DAMN WAR!!!

I WANT MY MONEY!!!!
>>
>>24890082
Probably anything that doesn't require a 4 year degree and is just enough to live
>>
>>24890082
They would just calculate the rate of salary to rent cost and the lower the ratio gets the more taxes they take

So like someone making 2200 and paying 1300 in rent would have less tax than someone making 3k
>>
>>24890281
Too vague by far. What if the local subway started requiring a degree? Would you need to pay taxes then if you were working there?

Also what is 'just enough to live' exactly? Depends on location , lifestyle, debt level, etc. Super complex, not good enough. You'd have so many scammers.
>>
>>24890429
>What if the local Subway started requiring a degree

Then it is time for every robot to take up arms and begin the dismantling of American society.
>>
>>24890505
This is literally going to happen soon.

I know at least 30 people personally, who have degrees and work in retail selling DVDs, delivering mail, serving fast food etc.

>inb4 women's studies
My brother who has a degree in pure mathematics from a really good university is stuck working as a cashier at a bank for minimum wage
>>
>>24890579
Ah tis the price of not living in LA Miami or nyc
>>
>>24890307
So if i pay a high rent on a place that my brother owns and he rents my house from me, we both pay zero taxes? Yay!
>>
>>24890608
>>24890608
We're Bongs m8.
>>
>>24890614
Well Miami has no state tax so yes

And on top of that NYC Miami and LA are the only places with jobs
>>
File: 1449180904529.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1449180904529.gif
2 MB, 240x180
>>24889955
Tfw Trump's tax plan would have a zero tax rate on those making under 25k a year and for couples making under 50k. He also planned to close corporate tax loop holes as well as cut the budget.
>>
>>24889955
If you're on minimum wage, you barely pay anything in taxes.

Minimum wage in California = $9.00/hr
x 40 hrs per week
x 50 weeks per year

Standard deduction is like $6500 so your taxable is now $12,500.

A portion of your rent is tax deductible.

Student loan expenses and other financing expenses are tax deductible.

Part of the property taxes you pay as part of your rent are tax deductible.

If you're doing the minimum wage thing, after deductions your effective tax rate should be around 8%, if that. Almost everything you pay out you get back as a refund.

If you aren't getting a serious refund, you need to see a new tax prep guy. Take advantage of the H&R Block thing where they look over past years returns, you probably will get a few hundred to a thousand back on all the years you've been working.
>>
>>24889955
Don't you get it yet? The top 10% (rich folk) pay less taxes than you do. They have lawyers that think around the clock finding loopholes to avoid taxes legally. The rich can change the rules of the game anytime they want, you like the 90%, are doomed.
>>
>>24890902
So the rich are wisely using their money to get around these shitty laws. Can we get rid of the shitty laws now please or do they have to stay you gigantic faggot?
>>
>>24890769
Truly the savior of out country. At this point it isnt opinion any longer, every one of his proposed policies on everything are perfect
>>
ITT: Wagekek problems.
>>
>>24890801
Well when you're poor and live in upstate NY and your parents steal your tax shit to cash it in and you have the highest income tax in the country that doesn't mattee
>>
>>24891188
That's not a tax problem, that's a "you need to move out, your parents are dicks" problem.

>>24891147
Stay in your blanket thread, adults are talking.
>>
>>24890648
I think OP is talking federal taxes.
>>
you pay tax cos you live in a fucking community where the entire infrastructure is provided for you, so are the utilities, so are all the services.

you pay tax so all that can operate.

this is how communities work.
>>
>>24890648
Miami? Like what? And wouldn't spanish-speakers be preferred for everything considering Miami is pretty much all illegals?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.