[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Normies kept asking me what music I listen to and then laughed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1444248335901.png (114 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1444248335901.png
114 KB, 680x680
Normies kept asking me what music I listen to and then laughed at me when it wasn't the latest pop song.

Why do normies even care what music others listen to?
>>
>>24887747
Why do they even like the latest pop songs? There are so many better genres of music
>>
>>24887747
anyone else listen to Initial D's sound track?
>>
>>24887844
Wow, This Surely Is The Freshest, Coolest Meme I Have Seen In All Of My Whole Life!
>>
>>24887747

I'll try to explain this for all you autistic people.

They care because it generates what is called and "Endogroup" and an "Exogroup". If you like what others like, you become one of "Us". As a member of "Us" you have a lot of privileges, in day-to-day stuff and also long-term rewards. Most of which come from discriminating and exploiting the "Them" group.
>>
>>24887747
That's ultimate-tier Jock normie. Most regular-tier normie makes like at least a few slightly less mainstream bands. Unless you say something stupid like Musique Concrete or drone they probably won't give a shit.
>>
I just talk about classical music and then ask their favorite composers, then tease them when they umm or uhh and say Beethoven. Sometimes you can even stop them halfway through saying it and say "let me guess, Beethoven?". Then go on to say how Beethoven is Ihavenoclueaboutclassicalmusic:thememecomposer. Some get clever and try to say Bach. Stravinsky is the only mainstream composer allowed to be liked though. Normies are so retarded is funny. They get insecure about not knowing anything about music too. Just use music terms when discussing music and they get all nervous. They can't describe a song any further than "I like it because it sounds good to me" or even worse, they say it "has a nice beat".
>>
>>24887934
I said chill music but I do listen to drone. Luckily I'm not autistic enough to reveal my power level.
>>
>>24887909

You are overcomplicating it. Non-autists don't have that level of cognition. They're just acting on dumb blind instinct.

>Ug different from Grog
>Grog no like
>Grog punish Ug

There is literally nothing more to it. There is no normie conspiracy. Just like the lightning isn't out to fuck up forest in a drought. It just happens.
>>
>>24888197

That was what I was trying to convey... Clearly I failed miserably.
>>
>>24887747
>Why do normies even care what music others listen to?
They don't care. They test your knowlege of social conventions. It's kinda like having soviet police interrogate you about your views on the revolution and the leader, they don't actually care, they just test you.
Consider this thing like a soviet union of social conventions. Just learn all the right answers and you probably won't go to the gulag.
>>
File: putin autism.png (328 KB, 606x416) Image search: [Google]
putin autism.png
328 KB, 606x416
>classmates asked me
>told them that they wouldnt recognize
>mfw they recognized
>mfw atleast two of them turned out to be /pol/tards
>>
>>24888264
Let me guess, moon man?
>>
>>24887968

If they don't say based Franz Schubert is their favorite composer, I don't want to know them.
>>
I tell them i listen to modern talking
Fuckin normie scumbags
>>
>>24888283
It was Triarii

quite popular here, I found out
>>
File: party time.jpg (86 KB, 700x572) Image search: [Google]
party time.jpg
86 KB, 700x572
>>24887747
You can get around this if you're in a band. Trust me, then you're expected to have a different taste in music but the conversation won't even get to that, they'll be busy thinking you're cool for half-assedly playing an instrument at some bar.
At least that's my experience.
>>
everyone stop replying to OP he is a failed normie
>>
>>24888285
Wow, you haven't even gotten into romanticism yet?
Enjoy your pop-tier easy listening, pleb faggot
>>
File: tumblr_nx56msj8HU1teoi0jo1_540.jpg (71 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx56msj8HU1teoi0jo1_540.jpg
71 KB, 540x540
>>24887874
>>24887844
Is listening to the Initial D soundtrack a meme?
I honestly enjoy the energy filled and driven songs that show provided, will you laugh at me now that you know that I unironically listen to that soundtrack?
>>
>>24888389
If everybody here was on the same level of patheticness, you would be the only one here.
>>
>>24888452
and i'd be okay with that

now leave failed normie
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.