[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there no government facilities where you can go to commit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: 1448295307069.jpg (80 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
1448295307069.jpg
80 KB, 500x433
Why are there no government facilities where you can go to commit suicide?
You'd sign up and a week later you would go there go into a room and pick one of the ways they offer to get killed.
I need this, and Im convinced there are a lot of really depressed people who are just too scared to do it themselves.
Do people think its immoral or does the government just see people as investments by paying for their school and shit so suicide would cost them too much money, I really wonder.
>>
>>24884937
I think this should be a standard government service everywhere. We all have the right to die when we want to, otherwise we're all slaves.
>>
You'd end up with a lot of suicides. People don't kill themselves now because it's discouraged. If the government started to encourage it, more and more people would kill themselves. And you know what happens when something gets popular, all brainless idiots jump on the train.

Something like that could lead to the extinction of the human race.
>>
>>24884991
oh no... that would suck...Not trying to be edgy but if you want to die why shouldn't you be able to do it?
>>
>>24884991
>Something like that could lead to the extinction of the human race.
Why is that inherently bad? Is there actually a logical reason to care one way or another about extinction? By definition it's something that only happens after you're gone.
>>
>>24884991
I want normies to kill themselves anyway.
So whats the downside?
>>
>>24884937
Because people frown on it. In normie culture, suicide is wrong. Doesn't matter why you want to do it. It's just "wrong". They can't tell you specifically why it's wrong, but it is.

>>24884991
>Something like that could lead to the extinction of the human race.
You're a fucking retard. Okay.
>>
>>24885022
You CAN do it, you can already kill yourself.

The point is that if the government itself starts encouraging it, then you'd get people killing themselves when in reality that's not what they feel.

If you want to die without pain just jump in front of a train or off a bridge.
>>
>>24885063
well wouldn't that be good since overpopulation is a thing? Also they could kill us in a way that would let them harvest organs blood and all that jazz... I don't see a downside to it.
>>
File: The Goyim Know, Shut It Down.png (316 KB, 400x603) Image search: [Google]
The Goyim Know, Shut It Down.png
316 KB, 400x603
>>24884937
>does the government just see people as investments
>>24884968
>otherwise we're all slaves
>>
>>24884937
Google Assisted Suicide. There are organisations that already do this.
>>
>>24884937
Society is a Ponzi scheme, particularly in the West. Without constant growth, it starts to collapse. If people started killing themselves en masse, there wouldn't be anyone left to work jobs, buy products and pay taxes. It's in government's best interest to discourage negativity and suicide as much as they can, and keep everyone thinking positively and wanting to live life.
We will never, ever see them assist people with killing themselves in any significant way.
>>
>>24884937
Illuminati
>>
>>24885148
but you know still, dont depressed neets cost more money when they stay alive forcefully?
>>
>>24885295
Plenty of niggers don't have jobs, it's all worked into the system.

You see, all you have to do is just take money from people who do have jobs, aka "tax" them. It all works itself out.
>>
>>24884937
>there are a lot of really depressed people who are just too scared to do it themselves.

And why do you think such facilities would change anything? Those people would still be too afraid to go there at the appointed time.
>>
>>24885438
I'd go since it would be quick and painless

Only methods I have access to are slow and horrible
>>
>>24885438
It's easier when someone else does it for you. Like how you go to the dentist to get your teethed cleaned instead of doing it yourself.
>>
>>24884991
>And you know what happens when something gets popular, all brainless idiots jump on the train.
I think in this case, they'd jump in front of the train not on it.
>>
>>24885107
You clearly are an ignorant and emotional individual and I will not waste my time explaining things to you. There is more than just catering to your feelings. If you want to off yourself go ahead and do it, but asking your government to help you do it or to encourage it, that is something we humans aren't ready for.
>>
>>24885519
Yeah, because a dentist is a fucking professional on teeth.
If you really want to kill yourself you can and there's no reason to worry. It'll hurt a bit? Who fucking cares, if you're suicidal your whole life is pain and suffering anyway. You don't need to be a professional at killing people to commit suicide, it's not hard to just jump off a bridge.
The reason people are scared to commit suicide themselves is because they aren't really suicidal. If you were, there's no logical reason you wouldn't just kill yourself as soon as possible.

And before someone calls me a "just b urself :^)" normalfag or something, I'm a NEET who's never had a girlfriend, never had a job, never went to university or anything, I've just been vegetating in my house.
>>
File: 1434673526586.jpg (78 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1434673526586.jpg
78 KB, 338x305
>>24885655
>The reason people are scared to commit suicide themselves is because they aren't really suicidal.

Or maybe the fear of death and the impulse to stay alive is one of the most basic human instincts?
>>
>>24885740
So? Plenty of other people have been able to overcome those fears and kill themselves, why can't the people in this thread do the same?
>>
>>24885778
I'm not him but I'd presume some of those suicidal people would fear also fucking it up due to the natural survival instincts. I mean if they're already worried about what'll happen post life, they'd presumably be more afraid of fucking up and making their life a million times worse.
>>
>>24885862
How're you going to fuck up jumping off of a bridge? Or shooting yourself in the head?
>>
>>24885893
>jumping off a bridge
Survival instinct making you 'realize your problems can be solved' and land feet first like survivors tend to do, or just being insanely unlucky and landing on a soft target.
>shooting yourself
1. Wrong caliber and you get rescued somehow
2. aiming in the wrong spot (under the chin for example.)
3. Flinching and missing if you don't use the mouth angle
4. Unlucky and be one of those insanely rare survivors and become a veggie.
>>
>>24885862
>>24885778
Its mostly just being scared of everything, never ending anxiety which is also ofcourse part of the reason for the depression. Im just one ball of worthless fear and its no ones fault but my own, the fact that Im too scared to just kill myself only makes me feel more worthless. I take it that's for most people who are too scared to kill themselves. I know how stupid that sounds but thats how it is.
>>
>>24884937

Suicide of otherwise healthy, potentially productive individuals is against the interests of the state. A person (usually male) who comes to the sincere conclusion that the world is nothing left to offer them, and who seriously over-rides his own first instinct of self-preservation by means of the newly acquired sadness, pain, knowledge... such a loss inevitably shrinks the tax base, and has depressing effects on family and friends which have presumptive measurable effects on the economy, from a dollars-and-cents view. Legitimation of opting out threatens to further harm the society of the state --- try as some of them might, most people are in fact not sociopaths, and can't help being pained at the loss of a loved one, especially if it occurs under abnormal circumstances.

Generally speaking, the state does not want people committing suicide, both because of the social and economic impacts, but more precisely because the state is actually made up of individuals, who are actually not sociopaths. The society "does not want (to live in such) a society", because Muh Feels.

It bears mentioning that there are exceptions to this, especially for the old, ill, weak (who already have low potential to be economically productive). I think euthanasia is OK in Belgium, and possibly other jurisdictions.

MURDER, on the other hand, is both very much in the interests of the state, and represents an acceptable expression of political will. Women would actually rather murder their babies than to take responsibility for them, once born. And since women comprise half of the state, they see to it that this status quo of legal murder of a weak, unprotected class is maintained. And then there's resource access (war). Murder in wartime is an acceptable loss of human life inasmuch as it is productive - resolving disputes.

Murder constitutes acceptable losses with the expectation of some End. Suicide is cultured as pure anti-statist waste, and that is the distinction.
>>
>>24886362
your post is pretty stupid. you should feel bad for making it so long.
>>
>>24886382

On the contrary, I feel very good for having explained it all so well. So good, in fact, that it makes me want to go on living.

>2000 characters is long
>my post was substantively wrong somewhere

You can start spitting and sputtering about immaterial details if you like, but you can't refute the central point: suicide is for robots, murder is for normies.
>>
>>24884937
I think one exception that needs to be put in place is that you must be legally confirmed as mentally stable and conscious.

A friend of mine is taking a philosophy course in college and was asking me about certain situation and what the proper course would be.

One of them was a man who was in a brutal accident, was in terrible trauma and pain for ~ a year and would constantly ask to be killed, but after a while he made a full recovery and continues his life with his wife and kids.

The question was if he should have had the right to kill himself when he asked for it

So, this could also be applied to the mental pain of a traumatic event. If something terrible happens and the person just wants to die, they may be filled with emotion and may not logically be taking in what they're trying to do and what they're missing out on. Hence, there should be a mental evaluation plus a wait time.

also, I really don't think there needs to be a government facility. Suicide should be legal, but I'm sure if it was legal people would prefer the ol euthanasia approach instead of doing the homemade methods and would gladly wait a week for mental evaluation at a hospital.

What does /r9k/ think?
>>
>>24884991
Thankfully the human race deserves to die so nothing of value will be lost anyway
>>
>>24885153
>Google Assisted Suicide
This read like a brand name on the first read and probably not without reason
>>
File: 1338727289970.jpg (145 KB, 504x403) Image search: [Google]
1338727289970.jpg
145 KB, 504x403
So how would you do it /r9k/?
>>
>>24884991
>Implying that everyone dying is bad
>>
Suicide is illegal because why not. It would require great effort to make it legal and if they succeed what are you going to do? Throw them in jail?
>>
>>24884937
Suicide is the highest, most fundamental human right. The right to decide whether you wish to live at all. The right that gives meaning to all other rights.
But for some reason exercising this right is looked down upon by society.
Add do that, that the state invests money into your childhood in the hope of you paying it back as an adult via taxes and there you have your answer.
>>
>>24886940
gas probably, how about you anon?
>>
Reminds of children of men where the dudes like
> the government hand out suicide kits by the rations but weed is still illegal
>>
>>24884937
but then government can't tax you
>>
>>24886917
>This read like a brand name

It is. They recently copyrighted that name for their new driverless cars.
>>
>>24888583
>tfw we're heading into a Children of Men type world
>except we won't have an infertility epidemic to blame all our issues on

Why is this timeline so shit?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.