[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think college is easy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8
File: 1449720051160.jpg (111 KB, 540x426) Image search: [Google]
1449720051160.jpg
111 KB, 540x426
Do you think college is easy?
>>
Yeah, but I worked a real job before I went back to college. College feels like a mildly stressful vacation compared to working 50+ hours a week and I'm in a STEM major.
>>
College is really easy if you've already learned time management skills
>>
>>24880987
It's insanely stressful when all your parents respect is derived from whether or not you get a stem degree and you can't stand your major.
>>
>>24881024
Do you study often?
>>
Depends on what you're there for. But obviously it's easy when so many people are able to complete it these days. If you're going into libarts it may as well just be some SJW indoctrination. If you can say white people are racist then you're gonna get a degree.
>>
>>24881064
Depends on what you mean by study. I start my homework early and work on it until I actually understand how to solve every problem. I don't re-read a lot of material unless I'm stuck and I try my best to not look up the answers to shit.
>>
>>24880987
Yeah, sometimes it does.
Finals week is probably the most harrowing part of college desu
>>
>>24881127
*Sometimes it does feel easy
>>
Didn't study once and ended up with a 3.0

No shit it's easy
>>
>>24880987
The material? Yes. The amount of it? Fucking hell no. College is high school level information in a lot of fields and in gen ed credits some of it is fucking middle school level, but he amount of shit they pile on top of you is utterly ridiculous and I know for a fact it's that sadist "I had to suffer in school so you do too!" mentality that keeps this tedious shit going.
>>
No it was brutal for me because I'm not very smart but decided to take the hardest classes I could and as many as possible. I probably graduated at the bottom of my class.
>>
>>24881177
No its not. I went to three schools and do tutoring for students at another. College coursework is at a much higher level than high school, even for easy classes.
>>
>>24881291
But the point is you graduated. Literally all that matters.
>>
>>24881349
>College coursework is at a much higher level than high school, even for easy classes.
It's insanely sad that you believe this. Then again, most people are retards.
>>
>>24881364
yeah man, fourth year mechanical engineering coursework is at the same exact level as high school freshman coursework
>>
didn't go to college,
i hated school so much, bullies and normies always made fun of me.
>>
I thought college was easy ,but I got very bad grades because I was unable to do presentations and I even dropped an easy class I was doing good in because the professor would randomly pick students to talk and it was giving me extreme anxiety.
>>
>>24880987
So far, yes. The only thing you need to pass college is a good short-term memory.
>>
Ya, at least for the University I went to. There was a hard class here and there, but the majority was easy.
>>
>>24881807
Engineering is literally the almost the only information in college that is above a high school level and that's literally only because of the math. Even most medical science is easy as fuck to grasp.
>>
pretty easy honestly
just pay attention in class and read a little at home
gave me ample time to browse 4chan the rest of my time
>>
>>24880987
Yes. It really is. Easier than your mom even.
>>
It feels hard sometimes. However, considering how little effort I put in and the decent grades I get yes it's really easy.
>>
it's tough if your major is in physics, math, hard science. the other soft shit, you have no excuse for anything less than a 3.5/4.0
>>
>>24880987
College is a stress ridden full time job if you actually try. If you think it's easy you're probably getting Cs.
>>
>>24880987
No, this is awful. I can't wait to start working full time so I'll have some free time.
>>
>>24882321
stem classes aren't even that "hard." meanwhile none of my stem friends can write a decent fucking paper.
>>
Depends what major. If you're doing something that actually matters then fuck no, it's not easy.
>>
>>24883546
lmao @ ur life fag boy, in a real job no one is asking you to write research papers, they want a real job done. If they need some formal shit written up they'll get some humanities intern to do it after they're done fetching coffee for the big boys
>>
>>24883546
lol i'm an english major with a math minor. my english classes are significantly more demanding.
>>
>>24880987
Getting your degree or whatever, mostly easy. Uni is basically a paper factory today.

Doing what's best for your future, which requires networking, etc... very hard, especially for people here.
>>
>>24883596

>he fell for the STEM meme

lmao
>>
File: 1449502687364.jpg (42 KB, 634x782) Image search: [Google]
1449502687364.jpg
42 KB, 634x782
do you think the guy who invented college went to college?
>>
File: 1449603892357.png (1 MB, 912x905) Image search: [Google]
1449603892357.png
1 MB, 912x905
>>24883633
>mfw I got a good job lined up
I don't give a fuck about general statistics, I got mine and that's what matters.
>>
>>24883596
actually i'm pretty excited for my career. i love humanities research and i love to teach. i'll probably end up teaching at a uni, and i'm happy with that. i have plenty of english major friends with stable jobs in all kinds of disciplines. the whole "go to uni to get a jub" notion is a stupid meme. I'm very good at what I do, and I'm not really that anxious about my future.
If people go to uni just to major in something for a job they're basically dooming themselves to a terrible life.
>>
>>24881058

fuck 'em. Drop out, get a trade and tell them you're in a gay relationship with a black, white or whatever the fuck opposite race to your family is. Like, if you're Armenian, tell them you're sucking Turk cock
>>
>>24883753
Walmart and Starbucks are full of people who thought like you.
>>
File: Meanwhile.png (234 KB, 1443x966) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile.png
234 KB, 1443x966
It sucks when you're smarter than 90% of the faggots attending college but no one cares.
>>
>>24883897
>t. 100% of college students
>>
>>24883832
ah, another stem circle jerker, i see. did you miss everything i just said -all the stuff about knowing plenty of liberal arts majors with good jobs? i dont think you understand: i have a teaching job. i am enrolled in a higher ed program at good uni. I have worked plenty of other fine jobs. Im set.
>>
>>24883919
Nice anecdotes buddy. That's great for you, but your statement that
>If people go to uni just to major in something for a job they're basically dooming themselves to a terrible life.

Is 100% dogshit retardation.
>>
>>24883897
Honestly, this shit is a phase like any other. It's like scene kids in high school. If they have any degree of intelligence, they see how one-dimensional their worldview is and update it accordingly.
>>
>>24883911
What does t. mean
>>
>>24883950
Put it this way: I have 2 very intelligent friends with computer science degrees from prestigious universities. Right now they're working 9-5 jobs for shit pay, and they'll probably be doing that for the rest of their lives. They're miserable and don't even like what they do. My discipline is flexible and far reaching, and my degree is a resume booster, not a career designation. I am very good at what I do, my career options are pretty numerous.
>>
>>24883487
I think it's fairly easy and I usually get Bs.
>>
fuck no, college is a bitch
>>
File: Extreme Hatred.jpg (213 KB, 600x596) Image search: [Google]
Extreme Hatred.jpg
213 KB, 600x596
What's the point of college? Why can't we just give every single job applicant an IQ test instead? Oh wait because that would actually work and colleges wouldn't be making billions of dollars.
>>
>>24884208
>IQ
>all jobs taken by chinks, nips, and jews
>implying IQ really means anything in the grand scheme of things anyway
>>
Yes. I'm second year graduate student in a top 8 global school in my field and I spend maybe 1/6th of my free time actually doing schoolwork, the rest of it is spent jerking off to anime and doing LSD. GPA is like 3.5
>>
>>24884142
Again with the anecdotes. You can talk about your personal experience all day long, but it says nothing whatsoever about general trends.
>>
>>24884208
FACT.

>>24884234
Jews need removed from the universe. I don't have a problem with Asians.
>>
>>24884246
what im trying to say is if you actually work hard in a liberal arts field youll be fine. i networked, i interned, i taught. im okay.
>>
>>24884339
>I
>I
>I
>I
>continues to try to apply this to large scale patterns
ebin, simply ebin
>>
>>24884234
butthurt brainlet detected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient#Job_performance
>>
>>24884452
I actually never took an IQ test desu. I just keep hearing how they mean jack shit on job performance.
>>
>>24884491
>I just keep hearing how they mean jack shit on job performance.
>believing random bullshit you hear from idiots
low iq confirmed
>>
>>24884394
what do you want? a number?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/05/20/only-27-percent-of-college-grads-have-a-job-related-to-their-major/

jobs are slim for everybody. I wasnt a retard. Im fine.
>>
>>24884509
>implying they're random idiots
They're famiry idits you newfag
>>
File: 1448216534947.gif (2 MB, 1000x632) Image search: [Google]
1448216534947.gif
2 MB, 1000x632
>>24884516
According to your link, only 35% fit into what you're describing, the rest either have jobs that match their major or are working wageslave jobs that don't require a degree at all. And since odds are not all of that 35% are liberal arts majors, that narrows it down to an even tinier fraction.

>English majors in charge of basic math
>>
>>24884646
what I'm describing is the meaninglessness of a college degree in the big picture. i assume the 35% you're talking about is the few who made it with a job that matches their degree. I'm not going to act like my situation is unique (very unique), because it is. And yeah, stem majors have a higher chance of finding a career that matches their degree. I guess I don't really know what we're arguing about, but the american university isn't going to survive much longer anyway because people only find meaning in business and the marketplace, hence the increased enthusiasm for stem. I think what i study is tremendously important, and I think you're either stupid or unwilling to understand the material if you disagree.

And I know you will, so I'll just leave it at that buddy
>>
>>24885189
*isn't unique
sorry
>>
>>24880987
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
>>
>>24884044
how fucking new are you? Tbh senpai
>>
I think academics are incredibly boring at best and frustrating at worst.
>>
File: 1448586625926.jpg (214 KB, 444x467) Image search: [Google]
1448586625926.jpg
214 KB, 444x467
>>24885189
I'll just chalk this one up as another Internet victory for me.

Nothing personnel, f.am.
>>
I'm studying mathematics at an ivy league school. I don't understand how people can say this is easy. I study 24/7 and I have graduate level math classes I can barely even pass.
>>
>>24885465
Because most people who are going to college right now are doing meme majors like CS.
>>
>>24885465
Because Math is literally FUCK MY SHIT UP the course(s) unless it's a prep course or more so business math. I had a choice for a math course or history, so I took history. It's something I'm far more interested in.
>>
Depends on how well you were prepared for it in highschool. I went to a dumb as shit highschool where teachers just passed every student at the end of each term.
After my first year in college I had a 1.3 GPA and was threatened to be kicked out. I tried working my ass off every semester after that just to make each benchmark the school set for me. Eventually in my Jr and senior year I got the hang of it. Unfortunately my GPA still had to deal with that massive blow from freshman year
>>
>>24885445
that's fine
god speed
>>
>>24885445
btw learn how to spell, maybe read a book or something
>>
>>24885799
>being this fucking new

personnel is a real word, f.am
>>
>>24885833
ight is it a meme or something? last time i checked the word you're looking for is personal.
http://www.vocabulary.com/articles/chooseyourwords/personal-personnel/
>basic grammar
>>
>>24885833
but seriously, nothing personal f.a.m.
>>
File: coldsteel.jpg (201 KB, 780x770) Image search: [Google]
coldsteel.jpg
201 KB, 780x770
>>24885960
>>24885975

Just go back to reddit, stay there, and never come back.
>>
Liberal arts? Yes.

Anything else? No.
>>
>>24886005
ah.
i'll see myself out
>>
>>24885465
calculus I, II, II and discrete math are the only classes i've enjoyed (and attended), got no less than 90% in all of them. That was years ago though, i dropped out and now i'm an amateur rugby player who can barely make it to the end of the month
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.