[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Normie Infiltration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: pilot.jpg (40 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
pilot.jpg
40 KB, 400x250
Ask a freshman currently undergoing hellweek for a Fraternity at a top public university anything.
>>
>Nobody wants to here stories about trying to live an exciting double life as a normie frat bro
O-oh
>>
File: Die Synth Scum.jpg (149 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Die Synth Scum.jpg
149 KB, 630x420
/r9k/ pls, I'm so bored and waiting to leave for class in an hour or so.
>>
Pls respond f@m I need social interaction
>>
>>24879449
top.kek.jpg`
>>
File: 1449224319218.jpg (14 KB, 637x480) Image search: [Google]
1449224319218.jpg
14 KB, 637x480
Okay, okay, whoever your are and whatever it this hellweek.
Did You ever consider becoming an interception jet pilot?
>>
File: kojima-main.jpg (152 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
kojima-main.jpg
152 KB, 700x500
>>24879495
I'm sitting in an empty living room of a frat house. I have class at 7:15 and all my pledge brothers are passed the fuck out in the basement.

I don't get it. I have never before heard inside recounts of events that occur within the ultimate normie circle. And yet, nobody gives a fuck.

>keked by r9k
kill me
>>
>>24879514
Not OP but hellweek is when a bunch of Chads treat you like garbage and force you to do whatever you want so you can have the chance of being able to pay $700+ a semester for friends
>>
What is Hellweek?
God damn americans are so weird
>>
>>24879514
Hellweek is a tradition that's popular with most fraternities. Basically the pledge class (new members, usually freshman) lives in at the fraternity house for one week of the school year before initiation. We moved in at 12:00am this Monday. All of our days have involved the active members fucking with us and making us drink, but there hasn't been any fucked up shit.
>>
>>24879219
If you need social interaction, why not ask your frat brothers, you actual homosexual.
>>
>>24879561
They're all asleep, m8. Plus, I'd rather talk to 4chan anyways.
>>
>>24879514
OP here, also forgot to answer your second question.

I'm planning on submitting an OCS contract for Naval Aviation after my Senior year.
>>
>>24879583
Good luck it's not happening, the military is having huge cuts right now in personnel and jet pilot has always been a difficult position
>>
File: 234050.jpg (30 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
234050.jpg
30 KB, 392x500
>>24879536
It's an american exclusive thing right?
I can't think of any other country that retarded.
Third world ones aside.
>>24879537
>this
>>24879536
>>24879551
sounds kinda lame, alco' without fellow trusty folk is kinda pointless compared to being intoxicated with and by random strangers, most likely cesspool tier plebs that don't givea fuck about you and would dump your at the nearest trashcan or let you drop into the sewers
>>24879583
now you're talking, sounds pretty damn neat, good luck with that
>>
>>24879627
Yeah rich people here are pretty dumb, a lot of them join a faternity because they hear stories of how it gets you insta-hired like in the old days, or the endless sex which doesn't happen if you're still a loser, or the friends which you still won't have if people in your fraternity hate you
>>
>>24879625
Yea, I'm honestly not getting my hopes up. I've always wanted to be a Naval Aviator, but my chances are becoming slimmer by the year.

>Downsizing in the military
>Need waiver for eye surgery
>Need waiver for anti depressants
>Need waiver for adderall

Honestly, I'm considering going Army OCS for ranger school or just enlisting with an Option 40 contract. Perhaps it's because I'm still immature, but I just don't want to end up working in a typical office environment. I've always had a passion for military history, and sometimes I feel like I'd be happy there, but I'm not sure.
>>
hell week and fraternity culture in general is pretty fucking degenerate senpai
>>
>>24879666
Nice trips. Honestly, my fraternity doesn't really fall into the typical stereotypes associated with greek life. There are one or two people who fit the frat boy image, but everyone else is pretty chill. Of course, I probably have some bias.
>>
>>24879681
If you have a recorded history of depression in your records you're not getting into any branch right now

I'm in right now as the ultimate POG job and it's easy, just pretty tedious with the low amount of thought doing jobs
>>
>>24879695
I do a lot of degenerate things anon. But sometimes I do wonder if I made the right choice to join a fraternity

>Pledge brothers and active members are actually a pretty good group of guys
>Have made a good amount of close friends
>Easy access to parties and social events
>Still feel very out of place at said events
>Would much rather be comfy and cuddling with a homely girl than dancing with some drunk sorority slut

It's an odd feel. I don't know if it's because my social skills aren't extremely good, or if it's just because the Normie life style isn't for everyone.
>>
>>24879700
I joined a fraternity for a year because my uncle paid for it and it honestly wasn't worth it, I met some really cool and weird people who I game with regularly but I already knew them before joining so nothing changed other than gay mandatory fraternity meetings and being forced to do community service
>>
>>24879748
Yea, I'm still not sure if the dues are worth it. I have a pretty relaxed job at my University that basically pays me to study, so I'm just going to use some of the money from that to pay. Our dues are relatively cheap, only like 350 a semester and we have a decent amount of events and parties. I'm liking it so far, but I'm not sure if I'll be super involved in my later years of college.
>>
>>24879804
None of the older guys were other than the deadbeat who didn't have any friends even in the fraternity, the only people who were actively involved were freshman and sophmore because they were super excited being in a group. Just clarify to see if the dues are that cheap for new members only or for returning brothers
>>
>>24879871
Those are the regular dues, I've already asked. I'm actually friends with a lot of the upper class brothers, and I like to hang out with them. Lots of dudes in our frat who are gunning for law school, med school and STEM careers.
>>
I can tell a story about any of the following topics by the way. I'm honestly just so tired but I can't go to sleep now so I'm just trying to pass the time.

>Regular Parties
>Hazing
>Socials with sororities
>Fall Formal
>Philanthropy events
>>
Are there any frats that admit you only based on your major and having shown excellence in that major prior to college admission? Like if you were class valedectorian AND got next to full score in SAT math, physics and chem ACT and on top of that completed some impressive honors class and project?

I ask this because usually the "bar" to meet is being able to lick dog piss off the floor, chugg down a quart of rum and then fap out two tablespoons of jizz in an hour while the committe laughs at you.
>>
>>24880001
Like I've said before, this fraternity is pretty chill. The worst we've had to do is drink a few 40 oz's in one sitting, there's been no gross/homo/dehumanizing shit. Most of the members are either taking STEM/Pre-med/Pre-Law/Business majors, and I haven't met anyone studying some meme liberal art shit.
>>
>>24880001
Yeah those are called professional fraternities where your grades actually matter and there's pretty much no partying so it's used as a study group because everyone is the same major
>>
>>24880026
>>24880037

In history was this the original purpose of frats, to serve as supplementary study groups where the creme de la creme of highschoolers of a certain profession come together and push each other to further excellence by chance? And then rich Chads and Stacys decided to create their own "networking" frats and sororities geared towards airheads who were going to take over their established family businesses? Just clarifying. Here's a series of vidyas that gave me a glimpse of this scenario: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Sp1EHTqjg and the rest of her uploads.
>>
>>24880212
OP here. From my understanding, fraternities/sororities were more or less study/networking groups for the children of the ultra elite when they first became a thing. Most of the kids in my fraternity aren't particular wealthy though, so it's definitely changed. Also, the idea that all people in fraternities/sororities are chads/stacies is a meme. The stacey thing is definitely much more true for sororities, but there are a lot of non-chads in frats.
>>
on my way to class please respond
>>
r-ree, is nobody interested in any stories?
>>
>>24879219
>Fraternity
Does it get any more normal than this? I've seen my brother undergoing this "hellweek" and it was the most degenerate thing ever. They had him steal shit, walk through mud trenches, drink till puking etc.

I hope all fratbros die a miserable death.
>>
>>24880606
Like I've said multiple times, the hazing we're going through isn't that bad, and none of it is fucked up or disgusting. That being said, there are a few brothers who try to take things too far when they're blackout drunk. But the other actives usually stop them.
>>
>>24879627
>It's an american exclusive thing right?
>I can't think of any other country that retarded.
Netherlands does it as well.
>>
>>24880652
>Netherlands does it as well.
Aye, I'm Dutch too. Forgot to mention but we dutchmen have copied your degenerate behaviour, americlaps.
>>
>>24880662
Are you in a Corps? I was thinking about joining for the connections for jobs and stuff, but then again, I want to get good grades too.
>>
>>24880278

Ahh so I guess the frats were supplementary boosting agencies for those special snowflakes. The rents would pay the college tuition if needed(assuming no academic or old boy network scholarship) and then snowflake would be admitted to the professional or networking frat that dad or grandad went to and the parents being leetly moneyed would dish out frat dues that may have been more than the tuition in order that snowlfake gets the best college experience with the least amount of effort. I wonder if these old school frats even had a budget to hire supplementary tutors to come in and coach the kids in areas of weakness? Sounds like a really interesting topic; would love to see a history channel documentary on it.
>>
>>24880681
If it's anything like the US, connection for jobs is a meme

Most fraternity guys who graduate throw away most of their shit they got from those days and barely bring them up
>>
Have you had sex yet?
>>
>>24880681
It was my brother who joined, not me.

Only join if you are a degenerate who likes epic clubzz, beer and weed.

As far as I know it won't positively influence your job prospects. It's a completely meme imo.
>>
>>24880723
That's exactly what I thought. We have only 2 of these frat boys in my degree (Math) and they never come to class and failed everything so far.

>>24880732
>Only join if you are a degenerate who likes epic clubzz, beer and weed.
That's another thing, I'm not very fond of this.
>>
>>24879219
>tfw you will never fly an A-10, and preform CAS on terrorist
>>
>>24880937
Truly t he worst feel. Maybe in another life anon :(
>>
>>24880937
>Not wanting to fly glorious F-15 or F-22 instead

>>24880786
Drinking and drugs are definitely prominent in most greek organizations. But there are a few members who choose to avoid it.
>>
How can undergrads even drink nowadays since the drinking age in most states has been raised from 18 to 21 along with the smoking age? Even most juniors would be under 21.
>>
>>24882097
It's pretty easy to get away with, especially if your fraternity has its own house.
>>
>>24879219
did u elephant walk yet? first mile is the easiest
>>
>>24882126
Like I said, we don't do any gay shit like that. But, I have heard of some other more DUDE FRATBRO xD fraternities doing weird shit like that.
>>
honestly, your frat sounds so shot. hell week was absolute shit for me with different 'events' every night during it. you are probabyl in a house full of lames
>>
I fucking love walking into frat houses and hauling away passed out members. I love their faces when I explain to them that he's gonna need his stomach pumped and that he'll feel like shit afterwards or that he's suffering from alcohol poisoning brought along by excessive drinking. They always get so sad and upset.
Fuck frats
>>
>>24882167
>Your fraternity is lame because it isn't filled with sociopaths who like fucking with people beyond extremes for no reason
There's a reason this was the only fraternity I considered joining. All of the other ones were way to stereotypical, and I knew I wouldn't fit in. Our house definitely isn't top tier, but it's in the upper middle area with a lot of room for growth.

>>24882198
It's ridiculous how many people at my college don't know how to control themselves when it comes to liquor. I honestly just prefer to smoke weed and chill, but alcohol in medium quantities can be nice from time to time.
>>
Honestly baffled that robots don't want to hear a bunch of stories about normies fucking up or getting fucked up. I am adderalled the fuck out, please talk to me f@m.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.