[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this girl from university whom I've had a a crush on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: facebook-friend_ss_550.jpg (64 KB, 550x287) Image search: [Google]
facebook-friend_ss_550.jpg
64 KB, 550x287
So this girl from university whom I've had a a crush on for some years has just sent me a friend request on normiebook.
We never actually spoke, only locked eyes for one second every time we saw each other, and both looked away almost immediately every time as well.

Of course I'm going to accept her request, the question is do I send her a message before that, asking if she is who I think she is? ShouId I act aloof and pretend not to know who she is? Should I wait for a day or two before accepting the request? Help
>>
>>24877971
Dont play games. Just send a friendly, non spergy reply. "Hey, I almost forgot about you. You're anon from ____ right?"

If you're not a total sperglord you might be able to hold a convo with her. Just dont put her on a pedestal. Feces comes from her butthole just like yours friend!
>>
Jesus christ by this post alone I can tell you're going to completely destroy whatever little chance you might have.

Enjoy
>>
I'd just accept, then use the "how do i know you" as an icebreaker

Not sure if it matters if you text or accept first
not sure if anything matter
after all, life is nothing but a dream
>>
>>24877971
Women love an educated man who is conscious and knowledgeable of the world. Tell her about the Jews.
>>
>>24877971
just add her and then use that as a starter for a convo irl

say something to her irl when you see her next time like "Oh, you're that girl that added me on facebook right?"

First ask her about her major however, and then from there you should gear the convo towards her and her interests. If all goes well, try to ask her to coffee or something.
>>
>>24877996
Sorry OP, pretty much this.
>>
>>24877971
why would you pretend to not know her? what exactly would that accomplish? message her at a normal time of the day, thats about it.
>>
File: fc,220x200,black.jpg (10 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
fc,220x200,black.jpg
10 KB, 220x200
>>24878085
The point is I finished university, I probably won't just bump into her irl. And I know her major, same as mine. She's just 2 years younger. Well, I have the upper hand, she added me. I'll just see how it goes

>>24878085
I haven't seen her in like a year. I was just wondering if there wold be any advantage in not insta-accepting the request and just sending a her a message beforehand. Something like "I think I know you from somewhere". She'd say where, I'd go "Oh yeah, that's right. Sorry for asking, it's just I don't usually randomly accept requests from strangers". Would that increase my dating value?
>>
>>24877971
>>24877993
This guy is right don't put the pussy on a pedestal
>>
Not worth it.
Don't accept. Save yourself time and embarrassment.
>>
>>24878128
Just say hey glad you added me, we never got a chance to talk. Don't pretend like you don't know her
>>
>>24878128
but you know exactly who shes from and where you know her from. just be like "oh hey you took blah blah's class right?", talk about some memories from that class and then steer the convo towards the winter break or someshit.

You don't actually know this chick so maybe shes gonna turn out completely different from your imagination lol.
>>
>>24878025

This guy is right. Bitches love conspiracy theories.
>>
File: kill_me.png (275 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
kill_me.png
275 KB, 800x532
She's just trying to inflate her friends list to look popular. She probably didn't mean anything by it
>>
That pic related... That is a feel I miss, fuck. I havent gotten one of those in years
>>
>>24878383
I've been getting it more and more now that I've finished university. Girls adding me because they haven't seen me in campus for some time. Feels good, too bad I'm an autist
>>
>>24878223
This guy knows. Just go ahead and save yourself the shame op.
>>
>>24877993

So much this. After YEARS of university, I can tell you from experience that putting her on any pedestal whatsoever will make her run.

Just be like: "Let's meet in the next class" or "Wanna go for a walk around Uni?". Then spend something like 10-20 minutes with her and tell her that you gotta go somewhere. Also, use your body language to your advantage. If she is into you, she won't have a problem if you are nervous.

Only take her to traditional dating spaces on your 3rd or 4th encounter. Only then. Trust me.

Also, don't spill your heart out to her. You have a career to pursue, and she is a nice asset for the first few weeks.
>>
>>24877993
>Even replying after accepting a friend request
That's still spergy
>>
>>24878034
This, up until >First ask her about her major however
>>
>>24878457
She added him. A simple inquiry can be turned into MUCH more if he makes a move.
>>
>>24878457
he's never going to contact her otherwise, so it's really a no cost prospect unless he goes on a sperg rampage that gives him a reputation
>>
>>24878504
>>24878474
>Oh no, I was just adding people I had in prior classes like a lot of others do, and now this guy actually wants to talk. fml
>>
>>24878560
Holy fuck you negative nancies will find ANY reason not to talk to a girl.....

"she'll think I want to RAPE her and call me a CREEP".
>>
>>24878560
so the negative outcome is he inconveniences some normie for a few minutes? how terrible!
>>
>>24877996
hahaha i was thinking the same , he is so hard gonna fuck this up . he needs all our help now .
>>
>>24878601
She'll see him as a desperate sperg for trying to talk to her, because she won't understand that he cannot see it from her perspective of just "innocently" adding former classmates.

It'll be more than just inconveniencing her, he'll come off as desparate.
>>
>grade 11
>some 9th grade girl adds me on fb
>shes a top tier sports player in the province her age (she plays college now)
>im just on the sr boys team (i played left bench)
>never talked to her before
>ask her "hey do i know you"
>she never responds
>I delete her a year later
>she switches schools to where my younger sister goes
>they play on the same team amd become friends
>still never talked to her

girls are silly sometimes m8
>>
>>24878560
Why the fuck would you add people you don't intend to talk to?
>>
>>24878692
Thing is, we've know each other's names for years and could have added each other on facebook anytime. Now that she hasn't seen me at uni for six months she adds me.
>>
>>24878692
"do i know you" is a shitty line, really, it sounds a little passive aggressive
>>
>>24878762
For women, just because. I guess they think letting you know they acknowledge who you are is good enough. Why do you think they have 1,000+ friends on fagbook? Even male normies have that many sometimes. Do you honestly believe they've had intentions of getting to know alll of them?

Sure, people should only be friend requesting others they actually want to talk to, but we all know it is rarely used like that, especially by women if you look at their friend count. They surely wouldn't be interested in talking to thousands of people they've never talked to before.
>>
File: 1311380625275.jpg (20 KB, 232x231) Image search: [Google]
1311380625275.jpg
20 KB, 232x231
But when should you talk to a girl who added you? On the same day she added you or a few days later to make it seem more casual?
>>
Don't get your hopes up. You're just another entry in her 'friends' list. Friend requests don't mean anything to these normies. She's just tryna catch em all.
>>
>>24878868
Maybe just send the run-of-the-mill "hey, thanks for the add" response right after accepting her friend request. It's not even expected for people to reply to those, so if she does AT ALL, she's probably interested in making it a conversation so her intentions were to talk to you.
>>
>>24877971
/adv/ is that way, normie scum.
>>
>>24878868
.....don't say this >>24878922
oh god
>>
>>24878922
Fucking KEK "thanks for the add"
Holy shit.
I guess OP is the original retard for asking for relationship advice on r9k though
>>
>>24878943
>>24878970
>the nuetral normie response normies give eachother is bad normie etiquette, even if it's just to gauge the situation
But it's to be expected of sperglords on /r9k/

Anything relatively long-winded and painfully transparent like these other suggestions from the get-go is cringy.
>>
How To Develop Your Confidence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dJ3-N0HL4A
>>
confidence , is about CHOOSING HOW TO BEHAVE IN SITUATIONS . its NOT genetic based.
>>
File: why.jpg (44 KB, 549x496) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
44 KB, 549x496
>>24877993
>Gril you've never actually spoken to adds you on fb
>Send her message like that
>tfw she doesn't reply
This has happened like 3 times now, what gives?
>>
File: 1432122741469.jpg (42 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1432122741469.jpg
42 KB, 400x462
>>24877971
Pretending not to know who she is may be insulting.

> tfw a former stacey adds me on normie book after I added a former classmate (pretty cool guy)
> ignore it
> 2 other staceys add me in the following week.
> one has 3 kids already, another is a shadow of her former self, from when she was dubbed the hottest girl in school, aging is a bitch.

Despite being a NEET for a period of time a few years back I've done well for myself, go on lots of (work related) holidays etc

>get message: hey anon its been a while! how have you been? getting out and about I see! (...etc etc bullshit)
> hey who's this?

Nothing crushes the spirit more effectively, other than outright ignoring the request. Their former popularity and social standing no longer exists, reminds them they were forgotten. A reminder that Hhghschool is where their life peaked, its all downhill from there.

thanks for reading my blog, I will now take your reee's and sit around and shitpost.
>>
>>24880382
you're no fucking better than them though.
I always had stupid shit like this happen to ME and there never was a good reason to do that to me in their mindset. they just ignore requests of any kind and I don't know why. this is about college/university and not high school though. so I kinda see why you decide to push these people away.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.