[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever take this for bipolar disorder? It work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Lamictal3.gif (17 KB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
Lamictal3.gif
17 KB, 200x160
Anyone ever take this for bipolar disorder?
It work?
>>
It did wonders for my brother, it reduced the number of times he'd fly off the handle with anger. Go for it man
>>
>>24877301
Been taking it for close to a month. Haven't noticed a difference yet. I might run out before my doc appointment. I wonder why they wouldn't give me enough to last a full month...
>>
I work in the ER at my local hospital, most batshit manic phase bipolars never have another crazy episode once they are started on the right dose. Lel and dat dare lithium.
>>
>>24877511
I'm Bipolar Type II so luckily i'm not too batshit.
>>
I was taking it during a depressive episode and it did wonders until it suddenly stopped working. I switched over to Seroquel 200mg and it seems to be doing the job so far.
>>
>>24877511
I have bipolar and had to go to the ward for my latest episode, and they just gave me Risperdal. It made me sleep better but I was still really manic. Tricked my doctor into giving me Abilify, which actually causes mania sometimes, just so I could have another manic episode.
>>
File: makingadiffrence.jpg (163 KB, 980x735) Image search: [Google]
makingadiffrence.jpg
163 KB, 980x735
Sometimes I wish I were Bipolar. I just have boring old clinical depression. Lots of extreme downs, but never any extreme ups.
>>
>>24877599
Depression disorder is supposedly over diagnosed and a lot of people are Bipolar
>>
File: feel-man.gif (36 KB, 200x146) Image search: [Google]
feel-man.gif
36 KB, 200x146
Any other bipolarbots actually like their manic episodes? It's kind of like being on drugs, but it's so much more; it feels so deeply spiritual, like I can feel and see God and I love everyone and feel this deep interconnection between me and all of humanity. I remember wanting to kiss strangers so much because I felt such compassion and love for them. I ran around a lot, talked to homeless people and addicts, played with stray dogs in the rain, and I had these profound thoughts, like I was figuring out the inner workings of consciousness and society. I felt these intense rushes as I thought idea after idea. It finally felt like there was hope, and that the hope was immediate and forever and within me.
>>
>>24877675
>It finally felt like there was hope, and that the hope was immediate and forever and within me.

Unfortunately that feeling ends.
>>
>>24877675
I'm in the midst of a manic episode and when I'm off my meds I do impulsive shit, talk a lot, can't sleep, get deeply paranoid, and get mad as fuck.
>>
>>24876774

I was really hopeful about it helping but all it did was put me to sleep :/
>>
>>24877599

I hate the ups desu because they're when I say/do the stupid shit that fucks my life up over the long term
>>
>>24877693
I know too well, that's why I've been trying everything to get it back; taking assloads of drugs, not sleeping, even taking a lot of my SSRIs because I've heard they cause mania. I got a brief manic episode when I took my Celexa and some St. John's Wort but it only lasted the night.
>>
>>24877776
>I got a brief manic episode when I took my Celexa and some St. John's Wort but it only lasted the night.
>manic episode only lasted the night.
You gave yourself serotonin syndrome you jackass, you're lucky it didn't kill you.
>>
>>24877776
Damn. I don't really have manic episodes but my mood fluctuates from being extremely happy to a intense depression for no reason. I'm hoping this drug helps. The psych said I'm bipolar II but I'm still skeptical since i've always assumed I just have depression. She explained depressed people are constantly depressed while I am not.
>>
>>24877832
>She explained depressed people are constantly depressed while I am not.
Wow, your psych needs to retake her psych classes. Look up atypical depression and change psychiatrists, maybe alert other patients of her incompetence.
>>
I'm taking it for depression. it seems to help a bit.
>>
>>24877791
I probably did. Usually serotonin syndrome gives me headaches, nausea, and hallucinations though, and I didn't get any of that. It's very difficult to die from serotonin syndrome.

>>24877832
Bipolar episodes last for weeks, not a few days or hours. Your psych is mistaken.
>>
>>24877913
Bipolar episodes can rapid cycle, its more common with type 2
>>
>>24878074
When we're talking of episodes that last a few hours it would be called "ultraradian rapid cycling" but the manic symptoms would have to be very extreme, usually these cases are better explained by atypical depression or a personality disorder.
>>
>>24878224
I have bipolar type 2 mixed episodes and avoidiant personality disorder. I tend to have 4 days of mania followed by about a week of depression. I'm new to understanding this stuff. as I only got diagnosed about a year ago.
>>
>>24877675
I love mine. But I tend to keep myself locked away when they kick in. Great for creativity. Feels like I can actually do something right. A pity they're so rare these days.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.