[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some semi-normie semi-robot (cyborg?) hobbies and activities?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: wojak anon shirt.jpg (50 KB, 598x368) Image search: [Google]
wojak anon shirt.jpg
50 KB, 598x368
What are some semi-normie semi-robot (cyborg?) hobbies and activities?

Stuff where I can leave the house on a regular or semi-regular basis without necessarily having the commitment of having to have friends, but having the option to make friends while there? People who aren't Chads or Staceys but also aren't dickcheese tranny bronies?

I'm thinking stuff like LARP, cosplay, arcades or some other video game scene, card games like Magic the Gathering or something like tabletop RPGs?

Have any robots/cyborgs gone out and done something like that?

pls reply, share stories good or bad, etc.
>>
>>24873026
Ice skating is fun.
Gyming
Surfing
Fishing
>>
>>24873240
How do you meet people with those? They sound like fun on their own but like do you just walk/skate up to people and be like HEY NICE FIGURE EIGHT or OH SWEET FISHING ROD or something?
>>
>>24873026
I play DnD every weekend with a bunch of guys at a comic shop, but thats it.
>>
self-bump, I remember that I used to take martial arts classes when I was like 11 or 12 and again some years later and it was a good mix of individual activity and also mingling with all sorts of people and a good reason as any other to leave the house.

it's too much money for me at the moment though
>>
>>24873674
how is it?

Were you guys friends beforehand or did you meet through the comic shop somehow?
>>
>>24873449
>Ice Skating
You can just do your thing, and maybe somebody will notice if you can do cool tricks
>Gym
Ask a stranger to spot you
>Surfing
I wouldn't consider this a robot thing, and its also extremely skillbased, will take a while to learn. on top of being environment dependent.
>fishing
Just go fish alone. No really. Just bring some bait, a book or music player, sit, watch the bobber, and relax. No company needed
>>
File: hodor.jpg (96 KB, 639x360) Image search: [Google]
hodor.jpg
96 KB, 639x360
>>24873674
Not op but this is something I really want to do.
I even went to high school with someone who frequently does this.
I recently returned to my home town and found that they had opened a comic book store.
I always wanted to go in and get acquainted with the people there and see if they had events of sorts like MTG or DnD, I just find it so difficult.
I even went in under the guise of browsing around once but ended up talking myself into leaving.
>>
>>24873807
>No company needed

story of my life though.

gym sounds like a possibility, I also used to do Karate & Jiu Jitsu but haven't been to a proper gym in years. Maybe I can maybe even make friends with Chad McMuscles who'll hook me up with HGH and roids.
>>
>>24873813
Something like DnD seems like an exclusive "oh I've known these bros since middle school" type of thing but tournament-like games like Magic seems open enough.

I could be wrong about DnD though.
>>
File: 1448001059676.png (343 KB, 480x594) Image search: [Google]
1448001059676.png
343 KB, 480x594
>>24873938
I have a decent amount of experience when it comes to DnD, Pathfinder, and Mutants and Masterminds.
I even own the rulebooks to some pretty strange tabletop rpgs.
I love playing but I really just cringe when I think about craigslist DnD hookups or trying to make friends.
I'm an adult, how the hell am I supposed to make friends?
>>
>>24874010
have you ever given the craigslist hookups a chance?
>>
File: tfw-no-running-qt.jpg (292 KB, 1068x600) Image search: [Google]
tfw-no-running-qt.jpg
292 KB, 1068x600
Running is what I do. It's easy if you're not obese, and can be fun if you do it right.

Or hiking (but don't look like a creep), gets you fit too and nobody is put off if you start to other people walking on the trails. Just make sure to do it on common trails in the day, because I don't expect all us robots and cyborgs to not give off a creepy vibe. Plus, you can get the views with/without somebody yammering next to you while you try to take it all in,
>>
>>24874090
not a bad idea, I see lots of normies and staceys running around the roads in my neighbourhood and there's a pretty big park with loads of trails nearby.

I'd also get a proper use out of my autism shoes
>>
>>24873026
bowling pham
>>
>>24874088
Maybe I'll just go into the card shop during their next booster draft.
At least I'll be able to meet some of the people there.
I'll most likely get rekt though since I don't know any of the current rules.
>>
>>24873026
Skating
>>
LArping cosplay tabletop rpgs are terrible cringe worthy social outcasts unless you're already friends as people.... don't try it
Magic is a giant trap they just make the good cards rare so people pay the pack fuel
play older video games
they're great
pretty much anything made before 2007 that wasn't for gamecube
swimming, biking, and smoking weed are pretty cool too

i'd type up a story but that kind of was one
>>
Drink at non chad bars? Go see good live music? There can be some cool laid back people there
>>
>>24874733
this is true I used to that by myself, going to concerts not so much drinking at bars, and it was great to get lost in a crowd and sometimes meet people
>>
>>24874807
I've gone to a bar by myself multiple times and just end up staring at the wall/tv ordering drink after drink until I can no longer bear it.
>>
>>24874866
I guess if there's a few pool tables you can start playing that by yourself and maybe play with other people
>>
>>24873026
Volunteer firefighting. Gives you a good reason to stay in shape plus it looks excellent on a resume while giving you great free certificates and training. You only have to go out maybe a couple of hours a week.
>>
File: Bhuy6OCIgAE97Yc.jpg (92 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Bhuy6OCIgAE97Yc.jpg
92 KB, 600x800
Ive always wanted to play a tabletop RPG game too. Sounds fun
>Hanging with the guys playing some game
>Drinking
>Wearing milsurp or costume to fit our parts just for fun

But yeah it does totally seem like something you do with people you already know since youre basically just playing make believe.
>>
Shoot pool you'll meet a lotta people this or darts or other bar games also go too the ones with music just sit there and listen, buy the musicians a round of shots or somethin
>>
>Go to a local music show at a venue.
Going to a show with good music can be fun and you can find people with at least similar music interests. You might even enjoy the music enough to go again.
>Look for a bar that has something to do like pool/shuffleboard/trivia.
Play by yourself or if you don't look completely repulsive someone might approach you to play.
>Go to the gym.
Use a trainer or get someone to spot you. All kinds of people are at the gym, not just /fit/lords
>Go to events that are happening in town.
Walk around and take in sights, enjoy good food, and maybe even stumble into a conversation or two.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.