[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /AvoidantPersonalityDisorder/ here? >Super sensitivity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: 5tr4563645.jpg (129 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
5tr4563645.jpg
129 KB, 1200x675
Who /AvoidantPersonalityDisorder/ here?

>Super sensitivity to criticism or rejection
>Develop agoraphobia if I don't go outside
>Always have a strong desire to be with people
>Avoid people because I think they will see as either boring or inadequate to them
>Spend lunch alone at work
>Self conscious about myself especially when high
>Feel inferior to others
>Even if I have opportunities to become friends with people, I avoid them due to rejection
>Don't trust people at all
>Have fantasies of me being a GTA protagonist
>Used drugs to fill in the void but nothing helps
>>
I am too. It's awful. I wish that I didn't desire human contact I can't bring myself to seek it out.
>>
>Super sensitivity to criticism or rejection
>Develop agoraphobia if I don't go outside
>Always have a strong desire to be with people

thats not APD, thats just being a Pussy Ass Bitch
>>
>>24871685
This. It used to be worse, back in HS, but I still have trouble interacting with people and spend most of my time alone.
>>
>>24871685
reporting in man. I am almost convinced I can never leave this hell
>>
its a survival trait
>>
>>24871769
Pussy-ass-bitchia is one of the symptoms of APD
>>
>Self conscious about myself especially when high
Can someone explain me why does this happen?
>>
File: jhkjk.png (276 KB, 348x468) Image search: [Google]
jhkjk.png
276 KB, 348x468
>Tfw grew up in highschool ugly
>Become social outcast because of it
>Enjoy learning and gathering skills
>Start to become good looking by end of teens
>Due to my outcast I attempt to be with guys I actually like guy a lot and take on a submissive role with them
>become cute enough for normal stacies to flirt with me
>Find it awkward to talk to them or tell them I'm not into females
>Because of my pursuit of knowledge and skills I get a good job
>Co-workers always telling me I'm quiet and keep to myself
>Still retain that sense of how I felt in high-school

Have a good job, apparently look good I'm a twinky chad without actually being one mentally?
>>
>>24871769

fight me bitch
>>
>>24871813
we have weak minds
>>
File: turnt up.jpg (64 KB, 608x960) Image search: [Google]
turnt up.jpg
64 KB, 608x960
>>24871685
sup familia, come on over to my place and lets sit beside each other and browse the internet separately
>>
File: 1447363573968.png (146 KB, 480x352) Image search: [Google]
1447363573968.png
146 KB, 480x352
>>24871685
present
the best cure i've been able to find is a combination of caffeine and benzos
it allows me to get over my avoidant tendencies temporarily
>>
>>24871868
Woah, did they add a new character or something? I never saw her on that show
>>
>>24871902
I need to try that. The only "cure" I found is alcohol. It turns me into a social god but its taking its toll
>>
it's about the habits you form, OP. you get used to things being a certain way and it feels too terrifying to change them, so you don't, which just solidifies the habits even more, until you're a 40 year old neet who hasn't left the house in five years. get used to going outside, and you'll see it isn't as scary as you think it is. baby steps.
>>
Me.

I don't like to talk about it either. Guess that goes with the disorder eh?

Smoke a lot of weed to
>>
>>24871685

>Have fantasies of me being a GTA protagonist

reported to the fbi
>>
>>24871931
nah I remember her hanging around the main bully a lot

-- just looked it up and it's a dude actually, was confusing him with the other bunny. but he's not a new char
>>
>>24871993
>announcing your report

enjoy your v&
>>
>>24872022

a report to the fbi is not the same as a report to the moderators familia
>>
>>24871933

I work a 40 hour full time job and I'm always out the house, yet I still feel avoidant. I've been having this for a long time. I get told by my family, coworkers, and close friends that I'm quiet, reserved, shy and I keep to myself a lot. A lot of it has to do because of my childhood and my school years. Going to work just reminds me of my past. Doesn't help when my family is basically full of stacies and chads.
>>
>>24872049
it was a joke senpiefamilia
>>
>>24871685
lmao yup. still haven't checked my email to see if I've gotten any responses from profs I emailed about letters of rec, I literally can't since the thought of rejection terrifies me so much. making friends/doing anything is impossible when you're crippled by fears of inadequacy, and the years of isolation in high school/college definitely didn't help.
>>
>>24872103

I have to watch out, I'm almost at 40 bans
>>
>>24871848
You look like a cool guy, plus an appealing mindset.

Would chill in skype with/10
>>
>>24871933
Not OP, but I go outside every day and make consistent efforts to talk to people/do things I'm uncomfortable with and still, I feel like crying after two hours, have to take several breaks hiding out in bathrooms, and sweat profusely. What am I doing wrong? I've been at this for near a year now. Pls help
>>
>>24872136
dear god you might actually have to reset your router to get a new IP
>>
>>24872171
Go to a psychologist, let them give you a placebo.
>>
>>24872180

my ip is static
>>
>>24872169
I'd be up for it, you into any vidya games?
>>
>>24872222
Get a VPN or a proxy
>>
>>24872222
So how is living in the 90's treating you flimfam
>>
>>24872255

I have one, it's just a hassle
>>
>>24871685
lol is that kid wearing Js?
>>
>>24872270
I have uverse my man
>>
File: 1447670436736.png (5 KB, 604x608) Image search: [Google]
1447670436736.png
5 KB, 604x608
>>24872232
ok you are actually really good looking and work a nice job.

due to this my borderline schizoid and heavy autism rejects your legitimate advance, sorry you normie trash, find someone else to make yourself feel better about livin that life.
>>
>try to be useful around the house
>asking mom how to do a certain thing
>blows up on me and screams at me at how annoying I am

sometimes I question why I even open my mouth to anyone
>>
>>24871848
Woah you really look like a fucking faggot. You already have a job and people talking to you, what else do you want.

No, you are not a Chad you are just another normie. Chads have a well defined jawline and lift, you look so weak even a 12 year old kid can probably win against you in a fight
>>
>>24872297
Oh you poor poor soul. I can't believe I almost ended up selling that garbage
>>
>>24872317
Just stop being such an annoying faggot anon

But seriously, she's probably just pissed you're a full grown adult and still living at home like a manchild
>>
File: fuck.png (16 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
16 KB, 500x450
I am the same OP. Up until 18-19 I used to be social as fuck and had many friends, went to house parties etc often, had girlfriends and fuck buddies constantly, didn't care what people thought of me at all, had confidence bordering on being an arrogant prick and generally just doing better at life.

Now, I'm 22, NEET and pretty sure I've got avoidant personality disorder.
I haven't left my house during daytime for weeks and whenever I do, I feel like I am an animal in a zoo.

What the fuck do bros? I feel I'm close to fucking helium tanking
>>
>>24872309
And this is why I only have one friend and avoid people to make more
>>
>>24872438
fuck, are you me? What the fuck happened to us?
>>
>>24872438
>Up until 18-19 I used to be social as fuck and had many friends, went to house parties etc often, had girlfriends and fuck buddies constantly, didn't care what people thought of me at all, had confidence bordering on being an arrogant prick and generally just doing better at life.

Why the fuck do you have APD then?
>>
File: roach.jpg (20 KB, 430x445) Image search: [Google]
roach.jpg
20 KB, 430x445
>tfw antisocial personality disorder

feels alright roach
>>
>>24872483
Because as I said that was up until around 19... Then it all crumbled and somehow I've managed to completely derail my life and everything good I had going for me. I can't even go outside anymore ffs. I am an empty shell. I am just waiting for death.

>>24872456
Not sure. I'm hoping I'll grow out of it but I'm 22 now so maybe this sadness will last forever
>>
I don't want to drag anyone else down. I don't want them to find out how shitty I am. Is that so bad?
>>
>>24872129

>tfw eating alone at lunch in the bathroom stalls
>>
I've made a ton of progress this year and before you skip this post, I am not here to give any advice or guilt anyone for having these same problems. I just want to tell my experience.

The only reason I've been able to look back on this year positively is because of my father and all the support he's given me. He got me a job as a receptionist at a small office of one of his long time clients and it's been a tiring year working there learning to deal with my anxiety. I mostly prepare legal docs and the like.

In short, my father has been spending every weekday with me at this office, working on his own projects in a spare room, because I am completely incapable of having a job without daddy holding my hand. He even answers the phone for me because it's one of my biggest anxiety triggers.

I spent the first month in a constant state of panic in which death no longer seemed like a nice idea, but a possibility at any moment. It was then that my father and I were able to assess just how broken and disordered I am, and he was able to talk it over with my boss to make sure that they could arrange for a work environment that I could function in.

If it wasn't for my father's complete understanding and compassion along with my boss's willingness to help me, I would still be a jobless NEET hiding in my room terrified of everyone that talks to me.

I've also started self medicating with sudafed for my undiagnosed ADHD (my father is diagnosed) which has given me a new found ability to better control myself in stressful situations. I'd like to get access to mental health care but I can't find/afford anything.

I am still crippled socially and am unable to handle more than a few minutes of interaction at a time before I start panicking , but I've learned how to manage myself a ton in regards to how I react and knowing when I'm starting to panic so I can get away.

And honestly, I don't know if I could do it all again if I knew how painful it would be.

But I am getting better.
>>
>>24872997
fuck off normie scum...original comment senpai
>>
>>24872997
Good for you. Seriously, thank your dad. I'm sure many of us, myself included, would love to have a father slightly as caring and competent as yours.
>>
>>24873041
I've even found myself able to not have to justify myself whenever someone tries to call me out on the internet.

>>24873135
I make a point of letting him know how greatful I am for him. We're both victims of my mother's mental illness that tore my family apart and it's pretty much the reason for both of our current situations. She's no longer living at our house so I think we're at the turning point where we finally move on and undo all the damage she's done.

I hope that you find your own rock to hold onto and that you can also be someone else's rock too.
>>
>>24871685

damn. reading that hit pretty close to home

i know sometimes robots can be overly mean, but i know it's just because you are in pain

i hope you find some peace in your lives
>>
>tfw you recoil at any physical contact no matter who its from
I may have aspergers
>>
File: 2015-04-06_00009.jpg (370 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-06_00009.jpg
370 KB, 1920x1080
>>Have fantasies of me being a GTA protagonist

ayyyyy same here

although mine might be a tad different from yours
>>
>tfw antisocial
>dont give a shit for having relations with other people
>can still operate in social environments
>never feel lonely
this is the life senpai
>>
>>24871685
This is all me (besides the drugs and GTA). I've stopped trying to make friends since I've always failed, but I still feel lonely.
>>
>>24871685
this is me

i dropped out of high school due to my discomfort around other people. i can't focus, im a fucking airhead, super sensitive to a lot of stuff, and to top of it off, im black, short as shit (5' 6), and ugly as fuck so i never expect anyone to approach me. i want to blame my shit ass dad for walking out on us but i think this is all my fault.
i know it'll never get better no matter how hard i try. i really want to kill myself

like seriously, i just want to not wake up tomorrow.

ps. can you die in your sleep if you swallow a bottle of pain pills? will i feel anything? what is the success rate?
>>
>>24873742
Jamil?
>>
>>24873877
close, my name is dashawn
>>
File: 1437792141065.png (48 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1437792141065.png
48 KB, 1000x1000
>>24871685

Sucks to be a pussy ass bitch

I know that feeling to be completely honest family
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.