[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get normie job in office, 8 hs >maybe this isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 236x214) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 236x214
>get normie job in office, 8 hs
>maybe this isn't that bad
>go two days
>quit

So, let me get this straight, people actually dignify spending 8hs in front of a fucking chair, doing stupid tasks, surrounded by stupid people?
Some individuals even enjoy this.
I can't believe it. I just can't.
>>
>>24871646

IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT U THINK, OR WANT.

SERVE OR STEP ASIDE
>>
>>24871646
I meant "In front of a fucking computer", not chair
>>
>>24871646

>So, let me get this straight, people actually dignify spending 8hs in front of a fucking chair, doing stupid tasks, surrounded by stupid people?

How many hours a day do you spend on 4chan OP?
>>
>>24871646
You should've found something you like to do at a young age and started working on it. It's not society's fault you spend all your time as a teen jerking off and playing vidya.
>>
>>24871646
It's shit. But, it seems like most people here don't understand how great humans are at adapting, if you stick with that stupid shit for like two weeks you'll be used to it and stop caring. People from florida wear jackets during summer in michigan.
>>
I really don't get how people give so much time to their jobs. I know there are people who are like "I like my job" but the truth is they only barely tolerate it. They hate that fat girl Pam in the other cubicle who's always talking about her kids. They hate Angela in accounting who sleeps around with the whole office and gets plastered at office parties. And they spend 40 hours a week at this place they barely tolerate. They come home from their hour commute too exhausted to talk or do any of their hobbies or anything but sit like a mindless zombie watching TV. I really don't get it.
>>
>>24871646
Yes, many people take pride in and enjoy doing this. I will never understand them, as an office drone myself for nearly a decade.
>>
>>24871724

AMERICAN WORK culture son.
>>
>>24871658
this, just stop being the stupid one
>>
Keep it in perspective. There are a lot of people who would LOVE to have a full paid 40 hours a week of income.
>>
>>24871646
taco thread
>>
>>24871646
1 out of 100 people ENJOY IT, thats known as the mental disorder- Workaholic.

The rest of us get enough money to cover basic maintenance and then spend it on Hobbies
>>
>>24871646
>had my first interview for a real office job
>wanted to kill myself after seeing the environment/other people
>>
>>24871674
Two at most.
>>24871686
I work every day, and I'm proud of my work. The problem is that people don't value your job if you don't earn money for it.
>>24871698
No, I once worked for 2 years straight, I ALWAYS thought it was a waste of time and I'm fucking proud of being like this

YOU PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED INTO CAPITALIST PRODUCTIVITY AND SUBMISSION
>>
File: 1398649568347.jpg (56 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
1398649568347.jpg
56 KB, 650x450
>Says the guy spending 8 hrs a day browsing 4chan anyway
Lel
>>
>>24871686
>find something you want to do and start working on it
>not vidya tho

It's not my fault that beta testing is public, and lets playing is an oversaturated market. I tried comp sci and got bored and depressed.
>>
>>24871724
>They come home from their hour commute too exhausted to talk or do any of their hobbies or anything but sit like a mindless zombie watching TV. I really don't get it.

I don't get it, and I never will. I saw my retarded poor family do this for the majority of their lives, and I can only ask "Why?"
>>
>>24871807
>i tried something
>it required skill
>skill requires experience
>experience requires time and effort
>i have the time but i put in maybe as much effort as dragging my ass out of bed every morning thus i failed
>its not my fault
>>
File: just be yourself auschwitz.jpg (260 KB, 1141x711) Image search: [Google]
just be yourself auschwitz.jpg
260 KB, 1141x711
>>24871646
You know how in JRPGs you come across those NPCs that talk about their dreams?

Most people are just NPCs, guy.
>>
>>24871724
Office work is basically wageslaving for people who were too stupid to get a real degree and majored in business.
Its not that you enjoy working in an office, its what you're successful at and used to. Nobody likes these shitty, unrewarding jobs, besides maybe the cowardly managers that enjoy bossing other idiots around. No, they do it because they were too lazy for a real degree yet didn't want to get stuck working min-wage jobs and being just as miserable with considerably less pay.
>>
>>24871646

>2 days and quit

I can relate op. I tried being a busboy and just stopped coming after 2 days. I'm doing a plumbing apprenticeship now and am much happier. You're probably cut out to be a tradesman family memeber
>>
>>24871917
we're all the protagonist of our own game
>>
>>24871803
I think it's complete bullshit, but you can adapt to not care about performing the task even if you entirely disagree with it.
>>
File: temple 35.jpg (499 KB, 1024x676) Image search: [Google]
temple 35.jpg
499 KB, 1024x676
>>24872025
Nah, I'm an NPC. I like thinking about doing great things but I don't want to do anything anymore and I'm not going to, ever.
>>
I got a degree in chemistry. I work 4x10hr days in a lab. Half the work is the actual hands-on stuff, the other half is office BS. It's chemical warfare defense. Cool stuff sometimes.
>>
>>24871862
More like I'm complaining about a mental illness and the fact that I'd never make money doing what I find fun.
>>
>>24871646
>So, let me get this straight, people actually dignify spending 8hs in front of a fucking chair, doing stupid tasks, surrounded by stupid people?

As someone who has worked both in factories and office, trust me, factory people are even dumber.

If you cant survive in an office, you might as well end it my man.
>>
h /r9k/?
>>
>>24872250
*how much do officeslaves make a year /r9k/?
also, sorry, i hit enter too fast.
>>
>>24872286
>I hit enter too fast

>typed literally none of a long sentence
>typed the last word of the sentence first

wat

You can make a decent living as a wage slave, especially if you don;t have a wife or any kids. The only problem is you have to work a shitload of hours.
>>
>>24871646
Tenia que ser el CHAVO!
>>
i cope by running to the bathroom for a few minutes and loading a pokemon game on my phone. kinda helps
>>
>>24872393
xD lol upvoted!
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.