[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>reddit Memes aside, I fucking hate this site with a passion.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: An Inspiration to Us All.jpg (140 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
An Inspiration to Us All.jpg
140 KB, 800x600
>reddit

Memes aside, I fucking hate this site with a passion. I gave it a shot for a particular game's subreddit , purely because of the sheer number of users. Went alright at first, got some great gifs and suprisingly good discussion. But today some whore's attention seeking post was by far the most upvoted on the site. I mean literally, top of the page, five fucking times more upvotes than anything else. The white knights came in a goddamn cavalry. All comments calling her out on her bullshit were drowned in downvotes. You could only see 800 variations of "you go girl!" in the comments section.

I can't believe how fucking shit that site is, and I can't believe what the gaming community has become. The only way to escape normies and their bullshit anymore is to just turn on the fucking game and not browse the internet at all nor talk to anyone about it. Just needed to fucking vent.
Pic unrelated
>>
you hate reddit? old news welcome to the club.
>>
>>24871488
And thats why reddit is bad. A nice place to visit, hell to stay at.
>>
>>24871551

this. reddit is good for new content, awful for discussion.

4chan is the inverse.
>>
>>24871488
>The only way to escape normies and their bullshit anymore is to just turn on the fucking game and not browse the internet at all nor talk to anyone about it

This right here is why I play 100% single player games. It's a lot less toxic, and it leads to actually enjoying the game instead of getting wrapped up in having the best stats or being a top player.
>>
>>24871580
I wish battle.net app would go invisible mode
reason i love steam
>>
It's pretty much natural to any site with voting systems for comments. You'll have an echochamber where only the most acceptable information gets recognition while the truth and differing opinions get downvoted to oblivion.
>>
>>24871488
reddit is a playground for machine learning
it was originally only bots(i hear)

Now that users were tricked into it, it is a place where bots learn how to act like humans and humans learn to act like the bots.
>>
>>24871564
Well said. It's unfortunate but you gotta grind through sludge to get to the good stuff on the internet anymore
>>
>>24871580
This.
I used to really enjoy playing multiplayer games, but nowadays they only serve to piss me off. I don't even enjoy playing co op games with my one friend as much as I used to. Playing a single player game allows total immersion and escape, which is something I can never find if I'm not alone.
>>
File: 1446944460936.jpg (9 KB, 200x164) Image search: [Google]
1446944460936.jpg
9 KB, 200x164
Same here. I lurk there but the whole community is beyond repair. It's complete cancer. Anything that doesn't scream quality or isn't obvious clickbait is downvoted into oblivion. Also karma whoring
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.