[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: times you had to give a speech >tfw literally almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 412x351
ITT: times you had to give a speech

>tfw literally almost cry everytime I had to give a speech
>>
>the nervous fidgeting and leg shaking in your seat waiting to be called
>knees weak
>palms are sweaty
>feel yourself heating up
>notice you've kept your hands in your pockets the whole time
>always way below the time limit
I sure can't wait for class tomorrow
>>
>>24870713
I'll just start feeling discomfort within my chest weeks before I even have to give the prsesentation.
>>
>tfw great public speaker be can't hold a conversation
>>
I had to give a two minute presentation. TWO MINUTES. And I fucking blanked out on what I was going to say. I had to stammer out the gist of what I wanted to say and then gave up and said that what I'm trying to say can be found on my post online.
>>
Surprisingly, I'm fucking great at presentations. All through school and high school I was really bad at them too, but now that I'm in college I can speak in public with no problem, and way better than most people. I almost enjoy it.
>>
I never had problems with that desu. I am a total sperglord and all, but the second I have to speak to a bigger audience it just clicks.
>>
propranolol has stopped working for me, what do? take more?
>>
>>24870713
stop being such a pussy, everyone feels nervous when they are gonna give a speech. the difference is that we deal with it like adults.
>>
File: 1449039312381.jpg (18 KB, 490x326) Image search: [Google]
1449039312381.jpg
18 KB, 490x326
>mfw autistic weeb black girl freaks out and can't do her part of the group presentation
>>
>>24872329
Same.

Since most people suck, the bar is set really low and it inspires me that I should be able to be better than these people.

I can put myself in a different mindset of someone who's comfortable and confident and everything just flows out from me,

But i hate talking to people. I hate life in general. The whole deal seems rotten, totally unworthy of effort.
>>
>>24872797
It's the waiting that kills me. When I'm up there I'm like a robot, but the urge to flee is almost overwhelming just sitting there.
>>
File: 1449631328242.gif (2 MB, 240x220) Image search: [Google]
1449631328242.gif
2 MB, 240x220
>>24872797
I have the same problem. I'm pretty sure my problem is that I get to rehearse whatever my speech is a bunch of times before I have to give it, so even if I'm talking for like 30 minutes straight I can handle it without even a little sweating..

But the moment I have to speak with someone face to face I can't finish a sentence without stuttering, pausing for ~5 seconds, or throwing in a bunch of "like" or "shit" or "fuck" or "youknowwhatImean."
>>
>>24870713
>Giving a speech in class
>Legs shake uncontrollably
>Class barely contains their snickering
>Stacy up next
>Gets up and imitates me like she is having a fit
>Riotous laughter from class and teacher
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.