[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Told my parents im not dating anymore, they sounded pissed at me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 500x482
My parents are very religious, /r9k/. They've always expected my sister and I to get married and have kids since we were born. ( my sister is 3 years older than me, and is married and has a 1y/o girl) however after dating all through college and the five years afterwards leading up to now, I decided dating was a pointless endeavor because I've just got a shit personality. I can't imagine someone possibly being able to put up with my shit for the rest of their lives, and i can't imagine myself being able to stand being around someone for that long. Also kids are just money pits, so fuck that. I just finished my exams for my first semester of law school (I'm 1L, I'm 27.) and my parents called me about 2 hours ago just to chit-chat because I haven't seen them in a while. My mother asked me if I was seeing anyone, and I told her no, I don't plan on dating anymore. After we had a lengthy discussion about why I've decided not to date, and they gave me reasons to date (youre our only male child, you have to pass on our last name, w/o kids you won't be contributing anything to society, etc.) they sounded audibly annoyed by me and hung up about 2 minutes after. I feel like I'm a huge disappointment to my parents now, /r9k/. What do I do? I feel like as a human being, I am worthless for not continuing my species.
>>
I would say fuck you to your parents and enjoy life
>>
>>24868721
tldr
parents are cunts. they forced your life onto you and now they have demands
>>
>>24868721
Tell them to fuck off?

If they care more about you having a kid than you being happy, they're pretty shitty parents.
>>
>>24868721
Why would you subject a baby to this cruel world? Are you sadistic?
>>
If they're paying for your school, humor them and tell them you have been dating a bit bit nothing has panned out yet. Stall until you're done lawschool and the bar (if they pay for that too). Essentially, placate them until they stop paying your way, then tell them to butt out. Don't bite the hand that feeds you unless you're ready to get cut off.

If they aren't paying for shit, distance yourself and if they ask why, be honest that they're not respecting your decisions and treating you like an adult and until they can come to terms with that you're going to keep them at arms length. If they want to be a part of your life they will need to make some concessions, not the other way around.
>>
It's a perfectly valid life choice, they just salty. If you don't want kids, you don't want kids, nothing they say will ever change your mind.

Shit, my parents tried to pull that shit on me awhile go as well. I told them if their marriage was anything to go buy, relationships and marriage are worthless and only lead to misery later in life. Which is 100% true. They're both disabled, miserable people that openly hate one another and always have as far as I know, and the only reason they stayed together was because I was an accident baby. I wish they'd aborted me, but whatever. Dad's violent alcoholic and mom is a depressed amputee that spends all her time in her room sleeping because she doesn't wanna put up with him.

Bringing a child into that kid of home is toxic, to put it lightly. It's a good thing you recognize that dating in modern times is shit and you won't contribute anything to the gene pool of any value. Doin' god's work anon.

If they bother you again, simply tell them that your personal and dating life is none of their damn business and to fuck right on off out of your personal affairs.
>>
>>24868946
Well, I don't plan on having kids anyway. I feel like I'd be a bad parent, I don't think I'd be able to raise a child and have him not turn out to be a degenerate scumbag who I'm ashamed to call my child. Also kids cost A LOT of money, so there's that.
>>
>>24868721
>(youre our only male child, you have to pass on our last name, w/o kids you won't be contributing anything to society, etc.)

Not a single reason concerns you more than them.
>>
File: 7d4Y31U.jpg (271 KB, 594x792) Image search: [Google]
7d4Y31U.jpg
271 KB, 594x792
>live a life of hedonism, do what ever feels good
vs
>Allow your cum stain to become an adult human in 18 years.

Of course you'd need blind religious belief to go with the latter. We get one life, earth's going to shits, enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
>>24868721
2 billion years of evolution has led up to your existence, animals and humans alike have died so that in the future, YOU could exist. If you're going to completely eliminate yourself from the gene pool then yeah, you're pretty fucking worthless to humanity OP.
>>
>>24869018
money>>>>propagating your genetics.
Consumerism has gotten strong enough to overrule your DNA's urge to replicate, THIS IS WHY WE'RE ALL GETTING CANCER.
>>
>>24869165
He is too smart to have kids. Inly the degenerate reproduce, it's reverse evolution to ensure we never get "really smart"
>>
My parents actively told me to avoid women.
They got married at 18, and told me its better to hold off and not make the same mistake they did.

I'm 24 now though. Never had a gf or sex or any physical contact with women at all. And my mum does drop the occasional hint I should at least try I know she just wants me to he happy but I know noons would be happy with me. I'll drag them down due to my depression and constant self-flagilation
>>
>>24869165

>shitt genes being taken out of the pool
>hurr hurr worthless

No, it'd be worthless if he KEPT his genes in the pool, but by removing them, he's helping to make the pool stronger. There are too many fucking genes in the pool anon, we shouldn't knock the folks that wanna remove themselves voluntarily.

I mean afterall, MORE PUSSY FOR -YOU- AMIRITEBRO? HIGHFIVE BROFISTPOUND YOLOOOOO. QUICK DAWG CALL UP DAT STACY HO'N WE CAN RUN A TRAIN ON DAT DRUNK SLUT SO SHE DON' EVEN KNOW WHO BABBY IT IS.
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 953x953
>>24869185
The problem is that there's no one on earth I'd want to "propagate my genetics" with. I can't stand emotional intimacy or needing to ensure someone else isn't fucking coworkers behind my back or going to restaurants and that seems to be what you're supposed to do in order to have a healthy relationship now-a-days. I don't find any of those things to be worth the stress of occaisional arguments, raising an angsty adolescent or an argumentative teenager but rarely sex. it's not worth it to me. There's so much else I could do with my life.
>>
>>24869338
>there are too many fucking genes in the pool

Are you from west virginia?
>>
>>24868721
What the fuck do you care? You're 27, you're a law student, and you no longer live under their roof. Tell your parents to get fucked and deal with it. You don't owe them grandchildren
>>
>>24869477

No mr. 77s, what's that have to do with anything?
>>
>>24869185
He says he thinks he would be a bad parent. Would you be okay with some child having bad parents, you fucking retard?
>>
File: image.jpg (633 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
633 KB, 1920x1080
>>24869284
I don't think avoiding them is the best way to go about ensuring you don't do something stupid. The only way to do that is through experience. Don't get me wrong: women aren't bad or evil, I just don't think I'll ever find anyone I'm compatible with. And, believe it or not, relationships can be fun every once in a while. Just don't do anything that'd fuck you over for the rest of your life and you'll be fine. However if you don't want to date, that decision is entirely for you to make.
>>
Also, I'm out of cool images of radiohead album covers to post with.
>>
>>24868721
>They expect my sister and I to get married

WTF
Is wincest common in their religion?
>>
>>24869951
Sorry, I noticed that was worded strangely after I posted. My sister and I were each expected to get married. Not to each other. They're catholic btw, I'm a confirmed catholic but I havent gone to church since I went off to college and didn't have to go with my parents every sunday anymore lol
>>
>>24869550
As much as I disagree with the reasons why my parents are mad at me, I still respect them. I don't want to tell them to fuck off because I feel like they don't deserve that. They want what they think is best for me (however wrong they may be) and imo that's enough for me to still love them and respect their decision.
>>
>>24868721
>w/o kids you won't be contributing anything to society

MUH SOCIETIES.

I hope you told them to fuck off.
>>
>>24868721
>They've always expected my sister and I to get married and have kids since we were born
kek, your parents must be hill people
>>
>>24869165

OP evolved enough to realize it's all a stupid circle of reproduction that mostly stems from selfishness.
People only have kids for selfish reasons.

If you've noticed, only idiots have kids today.. they're the ones that don't realize the cycle of life is a joke.
It's not even worth it to be alive.. you fucking grind your ass for like 50 years after you turn into an adult. And for what? So you can reproduce some more..
>>
>>24870671
see>>24869993

I worded that sentence strangely, I know.
>>
>>24869221

We think we'll be like the Jetsons in the future. But it'll be more like the Flinstones, kek.
>>
File: 1443334463815.jpg (40 KB, 274x375) Image search: [Google]
1443334463815.jpg
40 KB, 274x375
>>24869284
>parents raise you to avoid women
>act upset when you end up avoiding women
>>
>>24869338
>he's helping to make the pool stronger.

Yes, stronger (physically) and stupider.

What a world it'll be.
>>
>>24870110
Dude, go have fun and enjoy your life child and spouse-free. It invalidates the life choices they made. That's what they're mad at. Just keep being you OP and opt out of the bullshit. You see how fucked and overpopulated the world is right now?
>>
>>24870961
I see how it's pretty much impossible to have a meaning full romantic relationship, yeah. And I wouldn't dare bring a child into this world if I knew I couldn't raise it to be a decent human being, which I do.
>>
>>24871045
Meaningful*
>>
>>24869993
>explaining yourself
>2015 + because it's
shiggy
>>
>>24868721
>I feel like I'm a huge disappointment to my parents now
Molested kids feel like that too. Like they're being bad if they don't give into the molester's demands. What's important is whether or not your decision is right. And, even if it's not "right", if you have an albeit irrational reason why you don't want to date, they're being assholes. It's not the right way for them to go about things. If someone has a phobia of spiders, you try to reason with them, you don't just act like they're being stupid and push them to pick one up, LIKE A FUCKING ASSHOLE. Also, it's none of their fucking business. It sounds like you volunteered it and I gotta ask why. It's like you betrayed yourself. But, yeah, fuck parents. They're not going to help you get into a relationship any quicker if they push you and their attitude is just going to make go into a bad relationship. You gotta be tough with these utter cunts. It's not right that they're fucking up your life and telling you whether or not to have kids or not. What the fuck do they care anyway? For their friends? Their siblings? Well fuck your life, then, I've got to look good in front of people. Get mad at these motherfuckers, like I said. FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK. FUCKING CUNTS.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.