[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP ME WITH MY HOMEWORK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: jesus.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
So /r9k/, does religion establish social order and why or why not?
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 850x400
>>24868213
No, religion is used to keep people ignorant sheep by teaching them to believe in things without any evidence whatsoever. That's what they want, the Jewish elites don't want us to question anything.
>>
I wouldn't call it a religion, but a way of life.
But no. We are all equal. All life is sacred I guess. I'm not sure if that's the right word.
>>
>>24868346
GTFO with your hippy shit
>>
>>24868213
religion doesn't establish social order but rather it helps maintain & perpetuate informal social order while through the establishment of social cohesion and group solidarity
>>
>>24868389
The key to happiness is an open mind, my friend.
Try it sometime. It's pretty nice not to be angry at everyone so much.
>>
>>24868306
I have to write a 7 page essay on this topic for tomorrow man....... FUCK UNI
>>
I don't know.

Who do you think would fare better as a band surviving off the land? Shamans, or atheists? Which group would likely go insane and start killing each other at some point?
>>
>>24868528
so pick 3 pros and 3 cons and compare and contrast you dummy why is this that hard?
i am the worst procrastinator i had an exam today, i have an exam tomorrow, and i have 15pgs to write for next week.

the problem is i never actually get started, i am the worlds worst procrastinator. but this topic is very broad and not hard to cover
>>
>>24868530
>>24868530
Shamans obiously.
They would start sacrificing each other ti keep their gods happy
>>
>>24868306
so what youre saying is it ESTABLISHES SOCIAL ORDER you fucking twink.
>>
>>24868213
The social order self-perpetuates thanks to biologically programmed tribal instincts.

The social order is a violent gangbang between individualists, collectivists and hypocrits

do your own homework you lazy cunt
>>
>>24868594
you don't know what a shaman is. some shamans heal and would never consider human sacrifice. not everybody is the Aztec empire you dummy
>>
>>24868530
>>24868530
Shamans obviously.
They would start sacrificing each other to keep their gods happy.
>>
File: no.jpg (18 KB, 409x377) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
18 KB, 409x377
>>24868499
Dude, if you try to be rational with the people on this board, they start throwing their chromosomes at you.

It's not pretty.
>>
>>24868213
Depends what religion.
Islam? They provide social disorder.
>>
>>24868594
That's not shamanism, silly. Shamans go into trance and in this mental state go on a journey to find lost souls to heal the sick. It's surprisingly effective because a major part of curing illnesses is convincing the sick that they're being healed.
>>
>>24868689
there is social disorder in roughly 20% of the world's population? i might need a citation for that
>>
yes, the fundamental cause of religion is that it's a means to promote and uphold social order and righteous living, which a society needs in order to thrive, elements of a thriving society includes things such as monogamy, this produces high-quality children, morality, such as a lack of murdering and stealing, a society without this is more functional,, meekness and piousness, this causes a person to not go out and live a lavish life and rather work hard and contribute to society, a lack of sexual deviancy and drug use, as these do not benefit society at all, rather they deter it and subjective things such as, in the abrahamic religions' cases, things like circumcision, this was for the benefit of hygiene and to prevent infections in the desert in which water was not plentiful, and discouragements of eating pork and shellfish both of which contained bacteria that were dangerous in olden days, and so all these elements are promoted by successful religions, all the things a religion preaches has a reason for it, if that reason does not apply anymore it definitely did 2000 years ago,
religion is no less subject to evolution than anything else, the way a religion evolves is by making a society successful, the most successful religions beckon the most successful society said society then grows and spreads and more people join that religion and have more successful societies, thus the religion gets to reproduce, to summarize, everything written in the bible is essentially in there as a means to keep the common man living a healthy and righteous life, to encourage him to reproduce and raise his children, to prevent him from partaking in vices and to make him and his common man live peacefully together, religion is an inherently good thing and absolutely necessary in any society, large scale secularism brings nothing but decay.
>>
>>24868213
Not in all cases. Some religion provides social order through morals, lessons, laws etc. See Christianity/Catholicism and the 10 commandments and biblical lessons. Islam can also be said to establish social order with sharia law, as oppressive as it is it defines what you can and cannot do. Some other religions like Buddhism don't go that far. Sure they give you some morals and tell you to be good, but they are too ambiguous and do give a clear cut definition on what you cannot do.
>>
>>24868213
Religion did long ago. It gave explanation for what people didn't understand, it gave people something larger to look towards, and it brought people together under a common element. With progress in science its lost its purpose.
>>
File: traditional-marriage.jpg (227 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
traditional-marriage.jpg
227 KB, 1000x750
>>24869020
>high-quality children
my sides

>religion includes elements like monogamy
no it does not. for instance, Abraham had 3 wives, and several concubines. David had 8 consorts, and his harem was famed for its size and quality.

>lack of murdering and stealing
>old testament is 60% jews pillaging and burning shit to the ground

>being meek and feeble is good now

>the rules of religions may not apply today
then why the fuck you defend them today? if your religion is outdated, you forget it. We dont worship the greek pantheon because we know its bullshit. We dont believe in the viking gods, because we know that everything written there is objectively false.
We know the bible is false. Why people still worship God is beyond me.
the philosophy of Jesus is top notch for the most part, follow that instead.

>inb4 fedora
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.