[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) Thread. inb4 ADD/ADHD is made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: mental-disorder-E64CF1.jpg (95 KB, 1300x933) Image search: [Google]
mental-disorder-E64CF1.jpg
95 KB, 1300x933
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
Thread.
inb4 ADD/ADHD is made up excuse for bad parenting blah blah blah
inb4 Meds are Killing YOu bRO you need more motivation
Not ADHD you fucks get enough attention.

>Be me
>finishing last unsuccessful college semester.
>going to have to move back home in two days.
>GPA below university requirement after slipping in one class and failing
>feel my unorganized brain has made it easy for me to fuck up like this.
>don't know how to handle being a NEET
>>
File: 1427635818374.png (691 KB, 900x851) Image search: [Google]
1427635818374.png
691 KB, 900x851
What do you think of Oppositional defiant disorder?
anyone was diagnosed whith it without ADD?

>mfw parent fucked me up
>>
>>24865709
>Oppositional defiant disorder
never heard of it
>>
I think the difference between ADD and ADHD is introversion or extroversion.
>>
>>24865568
Seek help regardless what other people think. You can always adapt your study habits and get shit done, but the effect on the communication skills is the worst (at least for me)

>forgetting what I was talking about in the middle of the conversation
>goldfish memory
>everybody thinks I'm retarded
>Always being that annoying dude who's always saying "what?" "sorry, can you repeat what you just said?"

A psychiatrist can help you. Go for it.
>>
>>24866144
which is why ADHD gets more attention and people just assume I'm a lazy good for nothing :(
>>
>Taking levoamphetamine and dextroamphetamine daily has no health consequences
Oh, OK.
>>
>>24866144
I have ADHD. I'm not extroverted. I just can't be still for more than one second. It makes me uncomfortable.
>>
>>24866199
I can sit still, by my mind cannot
>>
>>24866171
Way better than living a long miserable life.
>>
>>24866282
I'm not saying it's not worth taking them, I'm just saying don't lie to yourself or people considering the medication about the very real health risks.
>>
>>24866297
Yep
It sucks that I have to take this
>>
>>24865709

ODD is highly correlated with ADHD
>>
>>24866358
It's possible to slow down or prevent nuerotoxicity and organ damage from amphetamines.
In general antioxidants, NMDA antagonists and a few other chemicals taken while using stimulants can prevent damage to the heart, brain and liver. At the very least it will slow the rate at which the damage occurs.
There's thousands of research articles on it, look some up or ask your doctor.
>>
>>24866443
NMDA antagonists are also being studied for a replacement for SSRI's, SNRI's and tricyclic antidepressants. The pre-human trials look very promising. Anecdotal evidence from NMDA antagonist users seems to support this as well.
The dose they appear to work at is usually lower than the dose at which threshold recreational effects occur.

They seem very promising from the vast majority of scientific research published on them. There's issues about people abusing them, though. As the majority of NMDA antagonists they're studying for this can have the same (or very similar) recreational effects of ketamine.
So far they haven't found one that will help depression without recreational effects. They're mainly using ketamine analogues that have a much lower affinity for NMDA antagonists than ketamine.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.