[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are you shy /r9k/ ? so what's your excuse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
are you shy /r9k/ ?

so what's your excuse?
>>
>>24865443
Yes.
I don't like people.
>>
File: face.jpg (5 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
5 KB, 197x256
Went through a breakup that kinda shook up my self confidence. Taking a break from people for the foreseeable future.
>>
File: GenZH_Kassad_D.png (164 KB, 331x327) Image search: [Google]
GenZH_Kassad_D.png
164 KB, 331x327
Autistic

>tfw muted
>>
I'm just being logical. Being "shy" is the best tactic when you're aware of everyone's inherent dislike of you
>>
>When boys are x (but only if they're really handsome)
>>
>>24865569
>everyone's inherent dislike of you
partially this. Usually when I meet new people i'm a little bit withdrawn/reserved, but I *can* be somewhat talkative if I'm comfortable around them.

That's usually trumped by the feeling I get that people are only dealing with me because I happen to be there though. Like at my old job, I always got the feeling that nobody liked me after a certain amount of time (inviting eachother out to the bar when I'm standing right there, even though I got out at the same time as them, for example)
>>
If I talk to someone for over 5 minutes they never want to talk to me again. Any amount of personality I display only makes people dislike me.
>>
>>24865587
>When Chad is quieter than usual.
>>
>>24865443
I've been hurt so many times, I'm afraid to open myself to someone else
>>
>>24865443

Used to be, spent eight years in the military, not shy anymore. I'm not a social butterfly of course, perfectly fine keeping to myself, but I'll talk confidently to anyone who wants to talk to me and I have no problem voicing my thoughts/opinions. Its nice.
>>
No. I just have nothing to say to someone most of the time.
>>
>>24865651

>never inviting you out to bars

This is because you never opened up, you refused their offer(s) before, or both.

People give up trying to make friends with you if you shut them down enough.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
Because whenever I open up my mouth, I say some autistic shit or ramble on and feel bad about it for the next few weeks.

Also I have nothing worth contributing and always get coldly ignored which kills me.
>anon stop being so shy!
>>
>>24866161
I mean, I guess, but we would hang out a lot previously. It was just that as new people started to get hired, I'd get invited out less.

If nobody was available, I'd be invited as the backup friend.
>>
It's kind of awkward sometimes because people mistake my quietness/having nothing to talk about for not liking them. I have co-workers that I've been around for 3+ years that understand that I'm more of a listener (and don't really talk unless they initiate conversation) but it took two years to get to that point.
>>
I'm not really shy anymore, I can have casual conversations with normies and even talk to complete strangers

But If I had the choice I'd rather not, its pretty exhausting tbhfam
>>
>>24865587
This

fuck the filter
>>
File: just alex.jpg (67 KB, 419x620) Image search: [Google]
just alex.jpg
67 KB, 419x620
>>24866170
This 100 times.

If you don't speak, you can't fuck up.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.