[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /over protective mom stunted social growth/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
13 KB, 633x758
Who /over protective mom stunted social growth/ here?
>>
It was actually my dad. My mom was the hard ass but my dad was around more so had more of an influence on me and I turned out lazy, unmotivated, and bound for failure. I love the dude but he really fucked me over by buying me anything I wanted and stuff I didn't even ask for all the time, letting me stay up late and doing my homework for me, never punishing me, letting me smoke weed and drink in high school, not forcing me to get a job or learn how to drive, and letting me drop out of my first college for no reason other than I was lonely.
>>
>never allowed out of the house or to stay after school so I never hung out with people
>they always did everything for me so I never learned how to be self sufficient
I don't know how I'll be able to survive on my own, I'm still at the capacity of a 12 year old.
>>
yep

I stay inside all day not because I want to but because I don't know how to do anything else
>>
>>24862100

who else, besides OP, blames their social anxiety on other people?
>>
>>24862100
I thought I have overprotective mom but it turned out she's just lazy.
Now that I'm an adult student living away from home she won't even bother calling me
She just waiting for me to finish studies, get a job and send her money, because she worked for like 10 years in her life and I don't think she'll ever work again
>>
>>24862293
it's like shitty parenting would have some correlation with your personality
shocking, eh?
>>
>>24862423

it's like it the easiest to just go 'my mom was bad mom :(' and accept yourself as a failure, instead of changing yourself
>>
>>24862453
I'm guessing you had normal parents so shut the fuck up
>>
>>24862453
I have been trying my hardest to change myself. It's just hard when people belittle you for not picking up on common social cues right away. My mom never gave me oppurtunities to learn them when I was young.
>>
>>24862453
one doesn't exclude other one
but in your mind it's just few people that post here 24/7 about their problems without ever doing anything to change it
>>
>>24862499
>>24862504
don't bother
funny thing is that he's probably not a normie but somebody who did overcome some problem
but he's still angry and bitter and he needs to release it to feel superior
since he wants to be a normie but still isn't he'll bully the people that he can relate to
>>
File: 1446276350831.jpg (83 KB, 636x856) Image search: [Google]
1446276350831.jpg
83 KB, 636x856
>that feelio when abusive dad and overprotective mom combo
completely destroyed my ability to trust people and irreversibly plummeted my self esteem
>>
>>24862453
yep, in order change yourself is stop blaming others and accept yourself as a failure.

but as i accepting my failure, i became too depressed to change. i'm stuck into this selfpity
>>
>>24862628
But anon you're grown man and your problems are your responsibility and you can't blame anyone, ever
Just forget about those two decades when your brain and personality are developing and man up!
>>
Story of my life family
>>
>>24862100
me famalam

i think i have schizoid personality disorder or something as nowadays, i literally cannot display affect for people
>>
Tell me how your parents were shitty.

I'm sure you're all just a bunch of whiners who want to blame anyone but yourselves.
>>
No particularly overprotective parents here, people were just "scary" when i was 4 and they are still "scary" now. Hypersensitive/active amygdala or something, what most anxiety related issues stem from. Even at my social peak i was still severely inhibited compared to my peers. Then again i'm uglier and shorter than most people too so that has done its part.
>>
>>24862100
Me too. I don't want to blame all my social problems on her, though. Most of it is my fault for being a pussy and an autist.

However, having a mom who never let me go places for fear that I'd do drugs or drink was tough. It was a significant disadvantage that most people my age didn't have.

>hur dur at least you HAVE a mom who loves you!

That's not the point. The fact that there are people worse off than me does not in any way diminish my suffering.
>>
>>24862912
>having a mom who never let me go places for fear that I'd do drugs or drink was tough.
Such as? My parents were pretty strict on not wanting me to go and hang with the potheads and drunks in my high school but at the same time I had no desire to do that shit in high school. Did she lock you inside your room or something?
>>
>>24862821
>used to be pretty normie back in High School
>had a few good friends, both females and males
>was pretty obnoxious and extroverted because of the people I used to be around
>I would actually be pretty confident, would hug them, kiss on cheek and be witty with all my females friends and girls that were around
>this only happened in school
>mother never let me hang out outside of school
>always be home at 3:30
>was late once because was in the park with friends
>mom called the police
>whole family home
>come home
>mom balling her eyes out
>thought I was dead because I was home 2 hours late
>continued to emotionally blackmail for the next for 4 years
>never had a phone, so was never able to talk to friends outside of school
>never was allowed to go to movies
>stayed home for 4 years
>find comfort in the internet and video games
>friends stop asking me to hang out because they know I come up with some bullshit excuse
>graduate
>lose all my friends
>enter collage
>continue doing the same thing because I can't make friends
>mother always ask me why I never go out or hang out with friends
>ask me why I'm always in front of the computer or playing games
>this bitch is serious

I love my mother, but she really did fuck me over.
>>
File: image.png (492 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
492 KB, 800x600
>>24863019
She indirectly locked me inside my room. I wasn't old enough to drive for my teenage years and we lived far away from anyone I knew from school. I depended on her or my dad to drive me places. My dad is completely whipped, so he would never take me anywhere behind her back.

After I turned 16 it didn't change much, since she could just refuse to let me use the car. One time, when she was out of town, he let me drive to a concert by myself to hang out with some friends. She found out by tracking my phone and got extremely mad at both of us. She then demanded my dad come pick me up. He did and we drove home in seperate cars (lol).
>>
>>24862213
That's not your dad being overprotective that's him spoiling your dumbass.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.