[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
need clarity about this stupid argument
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: 11.png (14 KB, 287x87) Image search: [Google]
11.png
14 KB, 287x87
I got into an argument with this guy, it was so fucking pointless and escalated into name calling, we're chilled out now but I am still fucking confused. Just wondering if I'm retarded.

What is this "big difference" he is talking about?

pic related is where it all began. We're killing this monster in hopes for a 1 in 1000 rare drop.
>>
>>24858116

Because doing a bunch in a row means you're truly dedicated and willing to do it until you get what you want. Fuck everything else.
If you don't do it all in a row, you're not dedicated enough.
>>
>>24858116
>>24858116
Never understood why people discussed the numbers. It's percentage-based; not guaranteed one in every one thousand kills will undoubtedly drop said rare.

Maybe I'm just too autistic for video games anymore.
>>
>>24858116
what monster?
>>
>>24858151
But the time it took to do my 800 kills is still longer than his 400 even if I didn't do it all at once.
>>
>>24858116
Need more context, did you leave between those 870?
What timeframe did you get those 870?
How many times did you leave?
If you did grind 870 and only leave to get more food or pots or whatever, fuck this guy, I mean fuck him in the first place if he;s going to be pedantic about grinding boasts
>>
>>24858311
Because if you kill it a thousand times you get a better chance of getting it than if you kill it 10, retard
>>
>>24858425
>Maybe I'm just too autistic for video games anymore.
>>
Reminder that if you kill 1000 your odds are still 1:1000, not 1:1. Statistics don't work like that my man. Theoretically you could kill 10,000 and never get the drop, your odds would still be 1:1000

I'm not exactly sure what you're arguing about, I'm going to need some more context
>>
It basically all came down to him not understanding that kills = time, even if it was done over a longer period of time at small intervals. I've still spent more time killing the 800 then he has the 400 even thought it wasn't all at once in a few hours.

Honestly, I don't know, fuck that guy. We were never on the same page to start with when the argument began.
>>
>>24858534
Then why didn't you just say BUT MY 800 TOOK LONGER THAN YOU 400 NO MATTER WHAT instead of coming here to complain

Faggot
>>
>>24858116
THE POINT IS I STILL DONT HAVE MY FUCKING DRAGON DEFENDER AFTER 8 FUCKING HOURS!
>>
>>24858558
I did say that, he said something like "All I'm saying is is that I've been here for 6 hours straight" I've been there for 6 hours too, just not all at once.

It was a nothing argument of "I didn't say that, you said that"

It was a clusterfuck argument of nothing, it was a bunch of "I didn't say that", "What the hell are talking about"
>>
>>24858425
Are you tho?
>>
>>24858447
>Reminder that if you flip 1000 coins your odds are still 1:2. Statistics don't work like that my man. Theoretically you could flip 10,000 coins and never get tails, your odds would still be 1:2
>>
>>24859004
But that's right. Are you making fun of him or something? What he said and what you said mockingly or redundantly is true.
>>
>>24859172
He corrected him.
>>
>>24859241
He didn't correct him, he just used an equivalent example to highlight the basic fallacy that OP or whoever believed to be true. I thought he was trying to make a point by using coin flipping as if it was a special exception or something, but it seems he was just making a redundant example as a reply in green text for no reason.
>>
>>24859263
>the basic fallacy that OP or whoever believed to be true
Where did OP imply that he should get the drop when he reaches 1000 or anything like that? I don't see it.

Besides, the chance of getting the drop at least once during 10000 kills is 0.99995483. The drop rate not changing is completely besides the point.
>>
>>24859287
>or whoever
>>
>>24859301
But nobody here has said anything like that
>>
>>24859004
Are you trying to make fun of him? Please kill yourself
>>
>>24859309
I said OP or whoever because I didn't care to look what motivated that guy to make the post pointing out what he did. Maybe he brought it up for no reason or said it to someone in response, who cares?
>>
>>24858642
I think that he believes that with every kill your chance to get the drop increases and that when you leave, the increased chance resets to what it was when you first began.
>>
As long as the probability of the drop does not rely on the results of previous drops, it does not matter.
>>
>>24858447
Are you stupid? Of course the probability for Each case is the same, but the more you do it the better.
>>
Fucking kek, nice to see the kids are getting back into OSRS.

If you need a few gp hmu OP.
>>
>>24858589
Dragon defender takes like 2 minutes to get after you have the tokens, low quality bait.
>>
Daily reminder if you still play runescape past your 12th birthday, you're a loser.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.