[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tried hard to fit in with different people in highschool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 11
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 314x161) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 314x161
>tried hard to fit in with different people in highschool
>no one liked me no matter what attempts I made
Now Im 22 and still have no friends.
>>
>>24857562
Same here. I've also been through college, and still made no friends, despite my college being full of the lowest tier of nerds.
>>
>>24857562
figure out where you fucked up and fix it

www.selfstairway.com/wp-content/uploads/First-Impressions.pdf
>>
File: 1448309011503.jpg (74 KB, 540x721) Image search: [Google]
1448309011503.jpg
74 KB, 540x721
>>24857600
>>24857562
maximum overfeel
>>
I'm 21 and have no friends online or irl. Hell i never even had a female friend in my entire life. And I'm about 6ft and thin.

I notice as well that if i work at a place i might meet some people and feel like they are my friends, but i never get numbers, never get invited anywhere etc..
>>
File: tomoko ^o^.gif (974 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tomoko ^o^.gif
974 KB, 500x281
How does high school get so different from going to school before? I always found I could impress people just by sharing notes and homework - at the same time I have exactly seen the people OP describes. I mean even the fat kid had friends, at my school - although everyone had fairly wealthy parents, desu.

Is there any simple imageboard-friendly explanation that sums it up perfectly? (Other than just "bad luck" as seen with pic related?)
>>
>>24857761
Will you shut the fuck up, cunt.
>>
File: 1438499671228.jpg (80 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
1438499671228.jpg
80 KB, 500x669
>>24857782
>the unprecedented rise in quality of this thread if everybody who posted here decided to delete their replies.
>>
File: fuckthisshit.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisshit.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
>>24857668
Iktf anon, Ive had a few jobs and think people are my friends, then I hear them talking about a party that all my coworkers went to.
>I wasnt even invited
What did i do wrong
>>
>>24857761
Well, the difference between high school and elementary school is that people become more judgmental. I noticed the distinct shift around 6th-8th grade. I was always pretty popular from 2nd to 6th grade because I was funny, but at the end of 6th grade, people started being mean to me, and by the end of 8th grade, I became practically mute. After that point, no one was ever really mean to me, but I was pretty much ignored. My issue was I'm really off putting in my appearance. I looked like a hermaphrodite who was chubby and nerdy. A girl in 9th grade told me that before she talked to me, she thought I would be "the kid who brings a gun to school and shoots everyone".
Basically, things like your looks and your ability to socialize correctly become extremely important around ages 11-14. And if you get out of the loop, it makes it hard to socialize for the rest of your life.
>>
File: 1411446904395.jpg (80 KB, 908x714) Image search: [Google]
1411446904395.jpg
80 KB, 908x714
>>24857562
>finally get a job, feel nervous after being NEET for years
>manager shows me around really quickly, doesn't care because he has other shit to do, just shows me what to do and then leaves
>sit there working until lunch
>go to lunch
>everyone already sitting in their own little groups
>no idea where to sit, no one acknowledges me or anything as I walk past
>sit by myself off on the side
>NOW a few people start looking at me
>the women gossip about how weird I am, no one talks to me

Gonna go back to NEET again soon.
>>
>>24857885
We must be so ugly they don't want us anywhere near them outside of work.
>>
>>24858042
What do you do for work? That happened to me but i worked at the airport. Literally a place filled with Stacey and chad workers. People always talked about me behind my back, even if i could fucking hear it.
>>
You probably failed to socialize because there's something mentally wrong with you (likely either mild mental retardation or autism) and your face displayed it, signifying a low-quality genetic profile. You may not be repulsive but you probably give off a 'vibe'; your looks are a little "off" and it makes you look weak/strange/creepy, makes people want to disassociate with you. Again, this all comes back to the mental issue. Shitty genes = shitty brain = shitty looks.
>>
>>24858042
Things like this scare me from ever wanting to get a job again. When I did have a job I would try and conversate with people, but it felt more like me interviewing them because they didnt add to the conversation. Then they'd say things like "why dont you ever talk" when theyve made no attempts to talk to me.
>>
>>24858121
Fuck them and fuck working, all of them are friends from ages a lot of the time. It's like they don't want anymore friends or something when you try and talk to them.
>>
File: shotgun.jpg (21 KB, 431x467) Image search: [Google]
shotgun.jpg
21 KB, 431x467
>>24858042
>tfw you walk into a room and everyone just looks at you for no reason and all of a sudden you hear them bickering

What the fuck do you dumb cunts want from me. Just mind your own fucking business for fuck sake is it really that fucking hard.
>>
>>24858115
I think I might have aspergers just from the way Im treated. I dont know because when Im wasted I can have conversations and I feel like a normie, thats probably the reason Im an alcoholic.
>>
File: 1443103662447.png (61 KB, 255x253) Image search: [Google]
1443103662447.png
61 KB, 255x253
>>24858115
There must be more factors. I have relatively shitty genes, mostly from my father, who nowadays is ugly as fuck and borderline obese and people still enjoy his company, constantly refer to him as "charming" and I even have a female acquaintance my age (a qt btw) who blushes whenever she talks to him.

Is it even possible to surpass shitty genes?
>>
>>24857928
You could say people become more judgmental, and that it's more likely to hurt when they call you ugly or stupid. More likely, it's that the differences in everyone's personalities becomes very pronounced. Whereas before, kids were on a more level playing field
>Basically, things like your looks and your ability to socialize correctly become extremely important around ages 11-14.
ehhhhhh only if that high school is extremely shitty, having no extra activities for anyone whatsoever. chess club, for example, overlooks looks and social skills in favor of competitiveness and experimentation.
I grade your post as a B. you showed effort, some insight to be had
>>
>>24858276

Weight doesn't matter much, nor does it matter if you're classically "ugly" (look at Steve Buscemi). What matters most is mental health and how it affects your facial appearance. You probably have a low-trust, low-intelligence (or autistic) face which gives off "weirdo" vibes and makes strangers uncomfortable
>>
>>24858334
Voice is also a very key factor. Pitch doesn't matter as much as the overall quality. Are you nasal? Shaky? Monotone?
>>
highschool socializing sucked and the friendships were weak af you didnt miss a lot
>inb4 teen love
yathats retarded
>>
>>24858354
For example, without taking facial appearance into account compare PruaneForever's voice to Todd Howard's. Comparable in pitch, but Todd overall sounds much healthier and much more 'normal' than Pruane
>>
>>24858334
Ok I have a very feminine face, so feminine straight guys have told "jokingly" they want to fuck me. I'm pretty sure this is why I make people uncomfortable. The worst part is i have no interest in being transgender.
>>
File: image.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
13 KB, 633x758
>>24858404
>tfw grew up with retarded voice and people constantly made fun of it
I never asked for this
>>
File: 13957208601.png (2 MB, 332x450) Image search: [Google]
13957208601.png
2 MB, 332x450
>that one kid that felt the need to say "you don't have any friends"
>>
>>24858492
trap yourself
become a camwhore
???
Literally profit, what are you waiting for
>>
>>24858718
I've tried that before, it's a lot of work, you literally have to watch horny dudes in chat make suggestions for hours to get tips. Plus my body looks too masculine, I'd need hrt. The only thing I have is the face.
>>
>>24858718
truly >>>/adv/
>>
Hm sounds like me and I'm not really sure what i do wrong. I'm handsome, play rugby, jokes, talk etc. like a normie can imitate that I'm socially active person and basically all in all a normie yet still no one wants to be my friend and keep a contact with me. I even have a very pretty girlfriend and she thinks i have a lot of friends and i just end up lying that i do have them to her...
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.