[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are any of you actual NEETs? If you are, what exactly is it like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1449355763903.png (1 MB, 800x1154) Image search: [Google]
1449355763903.png
1 MB, 800x1154
Are any of you actual NEETs?
If you are, what exactly is it like? Did you have to drop out of school?
>>
Its okay if your family is doing well. If not, they believe you are useless. College kicked me out temporarily for low grades, sure I coulda gone back... but screw that.
>>
>>24856825
>graduated uni
>got a job
>worked a few years
>quit
>lived off savings
>became NEET
>>
It sucks.

I want to work but no one will hire me. I want to go to school but my parents make too much (but they won't give me a dime because they disowned me for dating outside my race).

I graduated high school and have held various jobs, none lasting more than three months. That looks shitty on a resume so that's why I don't have a job.
>>
Of course I am, I live at home and some days walk to the mall, some days walk to subway.

I get money from my dad, he doesnt give a shit

I cant even imagine another way to live, except for the gf part... i dont have one
>>
I'm a pathetic loser who is too afraid to get a job
>>
>>24856992
This is going to be me.
>>
>>24857092
>get $250
>buy a plane ticket to a place you've never been nor know anyone there
>build a completely new life, almost a clean slate

This is what I did. It was tough for the first few months, but now I have a great job, some good friends and my place and a car. Huge change from being a NEET living off of the boys home I came out of.
>>
>>24857147
I don't recommend it. I would have been happier if I kept working.
>>
File: 1358888100608.jpg (52 KB, 184x181) Image search: [Google]
1358888100608.jpg
52 KB, 184x181
>>24856825
>eating pizza like that
>not keeping the box closed to preserve the heat
>pizza's gonna go cold before she finishes even half of it
>coke can tipped against her thigh

All of my rage.
>>
>live in aus
>no rental costs coz parents retired n have moneys
>get welfare 270/week but mandatory volunteeer after 6 mo
>save 5000 over 6 months and watch movies all day
> go on holiday to india/se asia for meditation and relaxing non work life
> return to aus to get gov money
>reset gov money account, no volunteering needed
>split money from property when parents die i suppose
>>
NEET for 8 years here,just panicked after finishing school at 16 then became reclusive. I can't leave the house now because I'm too scared of people and the outside world.
>>
>>24856825
I was NEET for almost seven years and after the first year of enjoying being comfy, I hated every second of my life. Got my high school diploma, tried to enlist, got rejected. Tried to find work for years and no one would hire me. Shit sucked. There's lots of things I wanted to do but couldn't because no money. Places I'd like to go, but no money. Would only leave the house once a month to see my only IRL friend, sometimes I'd go out again to get groceries or water, but that was rare. Every day was the same shit, wake up, fap, browse 4chan all day, fap, sleep, repeat. Fill out an application once in a while that would just get ignored or rejected, sometimes immediately after submitting them. Lost hope for a couple years and stopped wasting my time looking for work, then I'd try again, get zero results, and give up hope for another year. Finally got my big break a couple weeks ago and now I'm delivering pizzas and learning to be social - or at least getting better at faking being social - and making about $16 an hour while being comfy in my car for most of the time. It's fucking great. Way better than being NEET. Don't have to listen to my parents complain to me about finding a job every other day and threatening to kick me out of the house.
>>
File: 96d.png (378 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
96d.png
378 KB, 960x768
>>24857092
You're European aswell, right?
>>
>>24856825
If you can handle the loneliness, and not being able to afford normie stuff, then the shame is the worst part.

I'm a huge disappointment to my family. And that really brings me down mentally. But I'm fine.

As the years go by, it gets increasingly hard to get a job. So be careful.
>>
>>24856825
>what exactly is it like?

>wake up
>sense of ambition
>frustration at lack of money and words
>do NEET things
>possibly get sense of ambition again, repeating the cycle
>???
>>
>>24856825
Had a mental breakdown which resulted in me dropping out temporarily. Going back next year and already two years behind in my degree. I'll get there, I hope. Everybody in my household is on disabilitybux because of either terminal illness or mental illness.. none of them really cope too well with reality.
>>
>>24857092
>dating outside of my race

Indian?
>>
dropped out of hs like 3 times
>>
I dropped out of college because of finances and was NEET for 6 years, still technically am, but am working off the books for family at the moment since just recently and might try to make it permanent.
I don't have anything bad to say about it, I'd do it forever if it was possible, but I am almost 30 so I feel my time is pretty much up whether it be sudoku or employment. If nothing else I got to waste my 20s with a carefree life.
>>
>>24856825
I simply lost my job and have been unable to find a new one.
>>
>>24856825
>what's it like
Enjoyable for the first few years, then it gradually becomes worse over time. Been a NEET for almost 6 years and I've developed a lot of shitty fears that trigger my anxiety. Can't leave my fucking house because I fear leaving it.

>Did you have to drop out of school?
No, I graduated but since I really had no desire to become anything and never really had a job, I became a leech.

I honestly would've regretted becoming a NEET, but ironically I became a pretty decent artist over those 6 years. It's the only thing that gives me hope and not becoming completely engulfed by depression.
>>
>>24856825
NEET due to disability. can't get hired anywhere because apparently I'm a social misfit due to asperger which I find this to be irrelevant and just fucking stupid. Apparently I'm not made for any job that I apply. even the lowest tier one. Also, I was forced to dropout of school due to forced homelessness. Now I rent a room, have internet but I till can't get a job since I am undergraduates and in poverty. and I cannot go back study since education isn't free and I have to pay the material while I am barely surviving.
>>
worked a terrible dangerous job for 10 hours a day on min wage for 3 months. never again i would rather die than go back to that
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.