[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's stop the whining and start improving our lives. Get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 1442257649459.png (21 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1442257649459.png
21 KB, 645x773
Let's stop the whining and start improving our lives.

Get in here and offer some advice and encouragement.
>>
Shut the fuck up, moron.
>>
>>24856664
How do I deal with my obsessive internet addiction?
>>
What's y'all workout routines? Going to be separated from my roommate and workout buddy for a little over a month this Thursday and haven't the slightest clue what to do by myself

Also are there gyms you can go to for like just a month?
>>
Put a childblock on
>>
File: 1426619481176.gif (2 MB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
1426619481176.gif
2 MB, 320x200
>>24856664
>/r9k/
>improving our lives
>>
>>24856683
I don't know man. What is it with this place. I've never been addicted to something as much as i have 4chan. Wish moot had shut it down tbqh.
>>
File: 1416841682540.jpg (16 KB, 396x402) Image search: [Google]
1416841682540.jpg
16 KB, 396x402
>Done washing up
>Changed bedding

Might seem very miniscule tasks but it feels good I've done them
>>
normies who come here and try this will only mind fuk themselves.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6UfMyBsaV8

>"The same feeling of not belonging, of futility, wherever I go: I pretend interest in what matters nothing to me, I bestir myself mechanically or out of charity, without ever being caught up, without ever being somewhere. What attracts me is elsewhere, and I don't know where that elsewhere is."

-- Emil Cioran, The Trouble With Being Born
>>
People can conquer their fear of social interaction just by making themselves experience it on a daily basis. When you see that the world isn't always a scary, bitchy place like high school or whatever, making friends doesn't seem as scary as it was when you were a kid.
>>
>finally losing weight
>start balding

There is just no winning this game isn't there?
>>
>>24856819
Can confirm. Been there, done that.
>>
File: 1449605597739.jpg (25 KB, 463x325) Image search: [Google]
1449605597739.jpg
25 KB, 463x325
I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop. I stopped watching tv and I don't spend much time on 4chan anymore.

Here's how I did it.

-Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person

-Don't force yourself to read. Commit to read 5 pages a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure

-Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.

-It isn't a race. Reading slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what books are for you to read fast and which aren't.

-Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

-Start with books highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.
>>
>>24856689
>I don't understand why me must do things in this world, why we must have friends and aspirations, hopes and dreams. Wouldn't it be better to retreat to a faraway corner of the world, where all its noise and complications would be heard no more? Then we could renounce culture and ambitions; we would lose everything and gain nothing; for what is there to be gained from this world?
>then goes on to spend his life reading and writing

Still a cathartic pessimistic read. Would recommend him to anons here.
>>
>>24856689
Just do compound movements like squats, chest press and dead lifts in your routine and add any auxiliary exercises you want.
>>
File: cd795b9c.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
cd795b9c.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>applied for some jobs
>but I don't want to be a wagekek
>>
>>24856928
I wouldn't, he was an overprivileged faggot who hasn't worked one honest day in his life and still had the opportunity to publish his shit in academic circles and get money and fame for basically writing bullshit /r9k/-tier posts.
>>
Got invited to a party tonight
Don't want to go because literally everyone going is foreign and will be gabbing away in their monkey tongues. Gonna make myself go anyway.
>>
File: amys-pink-dress.jpg (72 KB, 227x489) Image search: [Google]
amys-pink-dress.jpg
72 KB, 227x489
You need a thing that's improving your life, that'll beat the artificial high from entertainment and bad addictions. You probably know what it is for you. But maybe starting is hard. In fact, that's the hardest part. Get over that hurdle and you're sailing.
>>
First of all, realize that you live in a neoliberal capitalistic nihilism, where nothing has value other than money and power.

Then realize that in this ideology, cooperation between humans is only encouraged when they're losers, so that they can band together and topple a winner. Otherwise, between winners and against losers, competition is what's encouraged instead. This is of course also the case in interpersonal relationships. This means that every relationship is a power struggle with a clear winner and a loser.

What you want, is for two losers (you and your gf) to band together to survive this harsh world. However, this is impossible because of the biological imperative which says that women are winners by default, they can never be as much of a loser as you are purely because they have a vagina.

You might dress it up in some other ideology, which has concepts such as true love, loyalty, empathy, altruism, decency, and so on, but in the "real" world, this is how it is today.

Thank you and goodnight.
>>
>>24856664
>offer some advice and encouragement.
Just look up some "fuck da police" vids and/or vines. It might seem dumb, but the message is clear: small victories count, too.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.