[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw applied to some programming jobs >tfw recruiters are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1407955130979.jpg (41 KB, 503x413) Image search: [Google]
1407955130979.jpg
41 KB, 503x413
>tfw applied to some programming jobs
>tfw recruiters are calling me on my phone
>tfw have to talk about skills and work experience
>tfw heavily embellished both on my resume
>>
>>24855869
Just lie, not like they can find out
>>
this isn't always the case with recruiters, but often (and almost always with HR) they don't have the faintest idea about programming. they are probably going off some checklist, and they will have no way to verify whether you know or not because they don't know the appropriate questions to ask
>>
>>24855951
I think they'll find out when he has no idea what he'd doing lol.
>>
>>24855983
They're asking if I know PHP

I call them stupid fucking normie scum and that I'd rather fucking drown in a vat of rancid maggots than develop in PHP and they should use a stack that isn't based on a glorified HTML templating engine, stupid fucking cunts

Also I haven't worked for like 3 years and I don't have a convincing excuse.

>>24856051
I do. Its mostly the gap I spent shitposting on r9k I'm having trouble covering for.

I could call it "Two years as a freelance web copywriting consultant for one of the most popular meme content generation sites on the internet"
>>
>>24856081

the gap is tough. were you neet?

keep in mind that recruiters want you to succeed because they make money off of it. i'd recommend being fairly forthright with them, nothing to lose really (assuming these are recruiters from an agency and not directly employed by the companies you're applying to). not sure about PHP but a lot of languages they are so thirsty for people that it might not even matter
>>
>>24856130
Yep, neet

Though I tried starting a business with a friend, its hard tho. I don't think "I tried starting a business with my friend" is going to cover the gap.
>>
>block 4chan on computer
>go into severe withdrawal

I'm posting from my phone send help
>>
>>24856232

i think they'd actually love that. but you would need hard evidence that you actually gave it a shot, as opposed to conceiving an idea but not really taking steps to follow through with it
>>
>>24856081
don't even bother if they just want php devs
any dumbass can learn php from one of the two billion tutorials on the web, it's a shit 'language' that nobody in this day and age should be doing any serious development with
look for jobs in ruby, node.js, python, or god forbid java if you're going for web stuff
if you don't know them well, they're just as easy to learn as php but they're based on actual design principles and aren't a retarded mishmash
>>
>>24856292
I live in a shit area. Theres like 5 developer jobs total within a 20 mile radius.

>tfw need money to move
>tfw need to move to get money

I'll happily take a shit PHP job for now if it means I can get some money to restart my life with.
>>
>>24856248
ay faggot why would you block 4chan just to come back on your phone, best you start also a No-Fap to complete your withdrawal suffering
>>
>>24855869
Com on anon. I believe in ya
>>
>>24855869
You do what everyone else does
You bullshit in esoteric ways that don't allow them to call you out on it
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.