[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two buttons. One destroys all religion. The other destroys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
Two buttons.

One destroys all religion. The other destroys all science.

You must press one. Which is it?
>>
>>24855851

Can we press both?
>>
what happens if I push the no science one? can we no longer put sharp rocks onto sticks?
>>
>>24855851
religion
I hate muslims
>>
Press left one for Brave New World. Press right one to move 5 thousand years back in time.

I'd rather kill myself family.
>>
>>24855851
What you mean is
>two buttons
>one destroys fundies
>one destroys atheist fedoras

Can't stand it when people just use huge terms like religion and science and think they can have a real discussion
>>
>>24855851
so philosophy would still exist? then it doesn't make much difference which one is pushed.
>>
>fundies

taking a break from r/atheism?
>>
On first impulse I was going to press "religion" because I'm not religious, but on second thought something compelled me to consider pressing "science"

The reason is because I'm kind of uncomfortable with how fast we're moving technologically. We're basically about to became cyborgs and that makes the future seem pretty grim. Collectivism will be the future, individualism will be dead, and tbqh I'd rather regress back thousands of years in a hunterer gatherer society than deal with what the future has to offer
>>
File: Mike waballsky.png (569 KB, 1000x845) Image search: [Google]
Mike waballsky.png
569 KB, 1000x845
the religion button because i don't wanna be in a world without 4chan and memes. why is there even a discussion?
>>
>>24855865
We keep pre-science technology
>>
File: d5a[1].gif (172 KB, 270x199) Image search: [Google]
d5a[1].gif
172 KB, 270x199
>>24855851
>destroys all science
What the fuck does it even mean? Sage is all this thread deserves
>>
>>24855851
You cant destroy fact. You can destroy faith.
>>
>>24855974
> I'd rather regress back thousands of years in a hunterer gatherer society than deal with what the future has to offer
Says the person that doesn't know what it means to be in a hunterer-gatherer society. Most people that whine that the 'good old times were better' wouldn't even stand having no warm water to wash in, which just confirms that people never know what they want.
>>
>>24855851
science has to go because FUCK fedoras.
>>
>>24855851
science may have destroyed hiroshima but have you seen what faith does to skyscrapers on a whim? i'm choosing faith, the only thing worth believing in is yourself
>>
both would be equally fucking bad.

>no religion
>suddenly existential despair and no more feelings allowed and no more spiritual guidance
>human comfort is eradicated
>world turns into an even worse shithole than before thanks to fedora edgelords.

>science is gone
>no more comfort through technology
>no more proven knowledge
>>
>>24856680
"faith" of the extremist variety =/= religion
>>
>>24856713
Fast food =/= Food
>>
>>24855851
.........why the fuck would you want to "destroy all science"... are you a fucking retard? What does that even entail?
>>
>>24856693
Emotions don't come from religion.
>>
>>24856693
Well if to consider your life worthy you need some hypocritical and manipulative book promising you a forever happy place if you submit to it under cover of some spiritual babbling, then most people deserve to live in existential despair or off theirselves. Not to say there would just be other ways they could motivate themselves that hopefully won't need that much of mental exercises or at least won't be that harmful.
>>
>>24855851
>The other destroys all science
this doesn't make sense
>>
>>24856739
I don't agree with that analogy. besides, that's a really stupid profane one.

go to reddit and tip your fedora there. you're not welcome here.
>>
>>24855851
This reminds me of the end of Escape From LA where Snake activates the world wide EMP. A cheeky cunt would press no science
>>
File: 1435799240186.png (770 KB, 487x1060) Image search: [Google]
1435799240186.png
770 KB, 487x1060
>>24855851
>destroys all science
>>
browsing pol is fine op but stop copying their threads because you're a unoriginal cunt
>>
>>24855851
Science is merely our observation of the world around us. So to "destroy" science you would have to destroy all humans ability to comprehend and observe the world, basically all senses.

So given that, I would say... science.
>>
I press the button that destroys your anus.
>>
>>24856904
'i dont like u ur stupid i will use now my le fedora meme'
Convincing argument right there buddy
>>
>>24855851
Fuck you OP

>Implying it matters what you press
>>
>>24855974
Goodbye medical science, air conditioning, internet, video games, running indoor water, easily obtained food and countless other shit you take for granted.

At least if we press the left people would stop bombing buildings for no reason.
>>
>>24856693
>religion is responsible for muh feelings and being comforted by death.
>>
>>24855974
You mean to say we might be living in an era that has neglected to giver proper consideration to the dilemmas that arise when the growth of technological progress outraces the evolution of moral wisdom?
>>
>>24855851

What counts as a religion? Would it destroy all Buddhist writings? I would prefer people to still understand the root of all suffering and how to cease their suffering.
>>
MULTI-BUTTON PUSHING
>>
the blue one
>>
File: 1418922867379.jpg (502 KB, 875x1200) Image search: [Google]
1418922867379.jpg
502 KB, 875x1200
>>24855851
Let the galaxy burn push either
>>
>>24855851
>You must press one. Which is it?
The destroy-all-science button.

Scientific laws are an inherent property of nature. We discovered them before, and we can discover them again, although it might take thousands of years.

But religion? That can't be rediscovered. You only get one chance at salvation.
>>
>>24856106
This. Being in a tribalistic hunter gatherer society would suck. I admit those stone-age villages look pretty comfy in documentaries, but just think; there's no E.R. or poison control in a hunter gatherer society. If a venomous snake bites you, or you eat the wrong kind of mushroom by accident, it's game over.

Yeah, some niggers in the African savannah can handle their shit just fine, but that's because they've lived that way for thousands of years. Some cornbread-eating white boy from a first world country isn't gonna last a month in that kind of environment.
>>
>>24855851
Science for the lulz
>>
>>24858638
But if religion is an equally valid observation of the laws of nature, couldn't you rediscover god, if religion holds any truth to it?
>>
>>24855985
>>24855974
>>24856693
>>24858638
science has nothing to do with technology or inherent laws.
You clearly don't understand what science is.
>>
Destroy religion and reintroduce Christianity after religion has been destroyed. How do you intend to "destroy" Science or Religion anyway? I mean, it doesn't really make sense. What happens if I destroy science? Are you no longer allowed to make spears, or tools? And religion? Am I no longer allowed to believe in a higher being, or have any sort of philosophy at all? It's just a shitty stupid question.
>>
>>24855851
Do we get magic if we destroy science? I mean you have to throw in SOMETHING for destroying science.
>>
what if religion is a science
>>
>>24859139
Destroying Science is the better option if you interpret destroying religion as killing anyone who is religious (the majority of the world).

If you destroy Science, sure, we may return to a lower level of civilization, but if you destroy religion, there literally isn't enough people for civilization to function any more. Everything would fall apart fast.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.