[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>born upstate NY >not Albany or buffalo but legit fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4
>born upstate NY
>not Albany or buffalo but legit fucking upstate
>frozen arctic tundra
>barred from Canada and its the only thing to visit
>NYC is 7 hours away
>amusement parks and fun are 5 hours away
>nothing but rednecks around me
>can't do shit without people from my past being involved
>can't go into stores without seeing old classmates
>poverty everywhere
>NO WAY OUT
>>
I feel that bro. I go to school in Binghamton
>>
>>24854453
two questions

1) do you have a car?
2) do you have children / other legally binding dependents
>>
>>24854909
No car and no kids I just want out of this redneck pit of death I don't care if I ride the bus 2 hours every day and pay half my check to live in the ghetto I just can't do rednecks anymore
>>
>>24854453
why are you barred from canada anon?
>>
>>24854965
Probably a DUI. They are very strict about that. Get one, and you can never visit.
>>
>>24854453
Do as I have done.
>Acquire Steam friends
>Voice chat with them so you appear human
>Mention moving to some cool place, but also voice concerns for paying rent
>Some will jump on the bandwagon
>You now have roommates and several sources of income
>Fucking move
>>
>>24854974
Yeah dwai over literally nothing
>>
>>24854987
I can find roommates over cl the problem is saving money while I'm in the middle of nowhere and affording a city that's going to be expensive as fuck

Any city with no rednecks is expensive
>>
>>24854951

then just fucking leave. save up for a bus ticket for whatever city or town you want, find a place to crash temporarily on Craigslist, get a job either waiting tables/washing dishes / moving furniture (not a bad living for a fit young man) and then ask your co-workers if they know anyone looking for a roommate/renting a room/look online.

if you're currently enrolled in college, buckle down, get your grades up, and transfer to somewhere you want to live. consider taking out student loans if you must, they'll pay for themselves pretty quickly if you choose to enter a lucrative field.

the #1 advantage of living in America is the amount of freedom of mobility afforded to unattached singles. you can live wherever the fuck you want within like 3,000 miles to the West. take advantage instead of spending more time in an environment that you despise
>>
>>24854974
What do they do? Stop you at the border and run a criminal background check?
>>
>>24855028
How am I going to find enough money to rent when I'm saving up for a bus ticket and all the places with good public transportation are expensive as balls
>>
>>24854951
upstate NY is all rednecks? i thought it was kind of a midwest and california thing. that sucks. what redneck shit do they do?
>>
>>24855067
You need a certain license to go into Canada then after that yeah probably that's what they do in Canada its not like mexico they don't just wave white people on
>>
Is New York even big enough for anything to be seven hours away?
>>
Every other day you make the same thread bitching about your small town

Fuck off
>>
>>24855083
Wow, I never knew that. That's kind of weird. Just one DUI and you're out forever? That disqualifies almost every single person over 30 I've ever met.
>>
>>24855090
yep, places like buffalo and potsdam easily are
>>
>>24855105
It's because a DUI is a felony in Canada, and the rule is that if you have committed a felony, you are banned from entry for the rest of your life (unless you can get a pardon).
>>
Hey I lived in Utica most of my life OP, you near there?
>>
>>24855073
>California

No rednecks are a south/Midwest/NY thing

Everyone here wears camo and baseball hats. Every person drives a truck. If I get up at 7 am all I see is utility trucks with ladders and a bunch of shit and someone sitting in the driver seat with a beard and dirt on their face and a baseball cap. Everyone here only talks about hunting and fishing

Here's a pic from normiebook a friend of a friend. Everyone here is a redneck mother fucker and it sucks. Social media is nothing but tractors and open fields. Everyone here literally is the same
If I beat up one redneck for giving me shit then his 800 pound cousin will come up to me and start shit. The cops hate me for not being redneck. Its like living south side but there's no guns
Tfw California girls by Katy perry just came on

I honestly might take a guitar to Venice beach and beg until I get a job and a place to stay
>>
>>24855148
not op, but i just got out of the st lukes psych ward
>>
>>24855090
No. If you drove from the northernmost border of the state to NYC in the southernmost tip of the state, it would take five hours.

I have no idea what the fuck OP is talking about. Upstate NY isn't even five hours outside of NYC.
>>
>>24855105
Its not for life but its 7-10 years from your most recent DUI I'm on year 4
>>
>>24855151
>rednecks are a south/Midwest/NY thing
Uh, no.
>>
>>24855165
Yeah right dude I drove to NYC before its like 8 hours

>>24855145
How do people know potsdam?
>>
>>24855177
Every place that's not a major city has rednecks reno Tampa etc and any area outside cities
>>
>>24855146
>American with DUI from 90s can't enter
>lets in thousands of Isis sympathizers FOR FREE

Kucknadians
>>
>>24855162
Well I'm glad you're out m8, do you live in Utica?
>>
File: bs.png (2 MB, 743x1887) Image search: [Google]
bs.png
2 MB, 743x1887
>>24855188
Google says you're a lying faggot.
>fucking east coast people think 350 miles is an 8 drive
What the fuck?
>>
>>24855188
I know Potsdam because I'm from cny and plenty of people I went to high school with went to suny potsdam
>>
>>24855251
Yeah its a 6 and a half hour drive but food and rest stops makes it 7 or 8
>>
>>24854453
Upstate Vermont is just as bad.
>>
>>24854453
>not going /out/
This confirms that city people are soft bitches.

>>24855151
See >>24855206
>>
>>24855247
nah Syracuse, they took me all the way there in an ambulance
>>
>>24855272
Literally what the fuck? Are you retarded?
>>
>>24855151
i mentioned CA because i live there, genius. it is full of rednecks outside of the cities. pretty sure i got coaled in silicon valley (it was after dark).

i lived in MN too and there weren't many rednecks. go any further south though and you run into them.

i guess it's a combination of enough money for a jacked pickup and a glorified hatred of educated city people. poor rural people are just hillbillies.
>>
>>24855269
Ah I was born there yeah Potsdam is nothing but college hipsters every area outside is rednecks

Potsdam is full of artfags and hipsters now that don't realize how shitty their town is. Its sad. They all work and drink and never see the outside world. I ran away to NYC with nothing and I'm the only upstate person that sees why it sucks

>choose all images with a pick up truck
>>
>>24854453
Are you from North Country, I've to Plattsburgh, not much up there, except for Montreal.
>>
>>24855291
>city people
What were you expecting though
>>
>>24854453
bongistan welcomes you if you can work and are muslim
>>
>>24855283
Dude I'm not a city person I live rural as fuck its just I'd rather be fucked up and staring st lights and being around people money and drugs my idea of fun is not to sit on a boat for 4 hours staring at water

>>24855301
I'm shocked the rednecks live near LA I figured they'd all run to Nevada or Arizona
>>
>>24855335
i don't know, silicon valley is nowhere near LA
>>
>>24855291
Kek settle down spergy. Literally who cares?
Did mummy burn your tendies or something?
>>
>>24855291
Nigger you do realize Google maps doesn't account for anything but driving

There's random construction and traffic and there's long as fuck tollbooths right as you get into NYC

Its 7 hours retard 8 on a slow day if you drove the whole way 75 then yeah its 6
>>
>>24855355
Are you sure those are rednecks bruv

Here's what I'm dealing with

>>24855359
He's probably some countryfag getting angry because he's being confronted with the facts of how shitty his life is
>>
>>24855364
Nah bro he NEEDS to be right about the driving time for a trip he's never going to make in a region he doesn't live in.
It's some serious grown man shit.
>>
>>24855422
>Are you sure those are rednecks bruv

What else would you call someone who spent all their money on a lifted pickup and has an aggressive hatred of anyone with a different lifestyle?
>>
>>24855469
I was informed a lot of suburban whites pretend to be redneck to fit in and spend all their parents money on a truck and camp hunting gear

Its like saying Taylor swift is country
>>
>>24855516
If that's true, at what point is it not pretending? If you exhibit the physical aggression and don't just talk about it, are you a redneck? You have the same effect at any rate.
>>
>>24855469
an american
t. swede
>>
>>24855561
I guess but these rednecks here are legit boondoggle growing up no city in sight just trees most of them hate even being in a city and used to fish in rusty boats and carry dead deer in broken down trucks

If I sag my pants play craps get a gun and rob people am I black?
>>
>>24855624
This is unfortunately pretty close to the truth.

We didn't kek ourselves out to Islam though.
>>
Country people can be bros. Problem is you probably don't have much in common to talk about. They will also shit test, thus appearing to be rude. But they are pretty much all tsun. It's like they have a different social vocabulary.
>>
That's exactly it I just want to gtfo
>>
>Libtard hipster normalfag who wants to live the "city life"
Why the fuck do you people come here? You clearly aren't robots if you want to go around town every night instead of staying at home. Fuck off back to reddit.
>>
>>24856154
Seriously I don't get this

I live as isolated as possible since I don't leave my house and unless you're a normalfag you should too
>>
>Oh no, I live 6 hours from one of the biggest cities on earth and within a couple hours of a foreign country

Cry more faggot, some of us live 8 hours away from some second rate 500k city and you can get to NYC in a day? Fuck you. It's your own fault you're banned from Canada, asshole.
>>
I live an hour north of NYC and I still never go there, cities are shit.
>>
>>24857357
Fuck you I'm 2 hours from a fucking 300k city

Guess how often i go to NYC? I went there once and had to sleep in my car just to see harlem reeeee
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.