[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I'm becoming anorexic/orthorexic /r9k/. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: la-la-he-orthorexia.jpg (531 KB, 2048x1373) Image search: [Google]
la-la-he-orthorexia.jpg
531 KB, 2048x1373
I think I'm becoming anorexic/orthorexic /r9k/.

I've always been a kind of sickly person with seemingly many ills and ailments, but 3 years ago I became depressed and experienced a pretty big weight gain of 60lbs from comfort eating.

About a year ago I got really into the whole clean eating/healthy living thing, and actually today I really do feel incredible.
My skin that was previously trashed with acne and incurable seborrhoeic dermatitis became clean and clear and soft as dew, my hair amassed this sheen, I even began to notice my eyes sparkling more and my fingernails growing at a faster rate. After I began exercising daily I began noticing little things, like climbing this hill that normally exhausted me became a trivial thing of ease and I no longer breathed hard climbing stairs.

I just went into my shared kitchen before and saw a half eaten block of chocolate on the table, and previously where I'd have tried to sneak a piece or 3, I found myself almost... disgusted with it. I can only look at food now and feel revulsion, and to compensate that revulsion I go workout.

Every day I have only a bowl of porridge/oats and later in the day I might buy a bowl of tofu inari and rice at my favourite eatery, but then that's it for the entire night.
I'm obsessed with taking a cocktail of 9 different vitamins every morning and drinking water and green tea, every day at least 5-6 cups of green tea, and I can't sleep unless I exercise for at least an hour before I go to bed.

I've lost all the weight I've put on and more, and physically I look and, physiologically, great, but in my head, mentally, I feel obsessed, unbalanced and compulsive. My portion sizes are becoming smaller and the other day I actually collapsed in a class from hypoglycaemia.

Can anybody else relate to/understand this?
>>
>>24852956

Fucking idiot. Go to a doctor.
>>
>>24853036
Is your name Nathan?
>>
>>24853110

>why the fuck does this generation feel the need to self diagnose themselves with shit that they DO NOT HAVE

>Obsessive concern over the relationship between food choices and health concerns such as asthma, digestive problems, low mood, anxiety or allergies

>Increasing avoidance of foods because of food allergies, without medical advice

>Noticeable increase in consumption of supplements, herbal remedies or probiotics

>Drastic reduction in opinions of acceptable food choices, such that the sufferer may eventually consume fewer than 10 foods

>Irrational concern over food preparation techniques, especially washing of food or sterilization of utensils

I don't think I'm imagining all this.

>>24853138

No, my name begins with E.
Do you know a Nathan who is experiencing something similar?
>>
>>24853154
Yeah I do and I think Nathan is an idiot.
>>
>>24853154
>I don't think I'm imagining all this.
Right, so go see a fucking doctor
>>
>>24853036
Eating smaller portions is good, but you need to make sure to eat an adequate amount of food with the night nutrients. You don't have to loath food, or fear it. Just like exercise is a way to build and transform your body, so is the right diet.
>>
>>24853036
Just make sure to get your calories in thats about all the advice i can think of. That and stop being an obsessive fuck. Eating healthy is good, duh. But if your not meeting your daily nutritional and caloric needs because of your "healthy" eating then you gotta reevaluate your diet and lifestyle choices
>>
File: eaweae.jpg (155 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
eaweae.jpg
155 KB, 1080x720
>>24853036
seek help anon

you probably look qt
>>
>>24853402

I know you're from lolcow because I'm from lolcow too and secretly female .
>>
File: eawae.jpg (112 KB, 715x719) Image search: [Google]
eawae.jpg
112 KB, 715x719
>>24853530
r9k native since 2009

i do visit lolcow for /g/ and keeks; i am a male
>>
>>24853614

Ah I'm a wee bit more vintage then, been here since 2008, but on 4chan since 2006 :>

Also yes Keeks is my main cow, the ride never ends kekekekek
>>
File: S8661Jb.png (502 KB, 251x335) Image search: [Google]
S8661Jb.png
502 KB, 251x335
>>24853670
I don't like keeks threads anymore. I cant respect people that harass taku irl. You're probably one of those people
>>
>>24853036
What happened when you collapsed in class OP? I collapsed several times at home in the past couple months and dropped all my classes because I was afraid of it happening in public.
>>
>>24853750

Nigger fuck off, I wasn't part of that catastrophe in any way.
The people that committed that shit were newfags who don't understand how to handle such a delicate operation. That entire situation was an embarrassment....

>>24853791

Got taken to the medical office where I placed in a reclining chair and tipped almost backwards, I guess to get blood to my brain, and then fed a massive glucose tablet and sugary drinks.

People are very sympathetic when it happens IRL. Were you collapsing from hypoglycaemia too or something else?
>>
>>24853036
shut up u fat bitch
take this shit to your deviantart journal
>>
>>24853870

Noplox.
>>
>>24853036

my sister bought a corset for no reason i think shes getting anorexic
>>
File: mnbvl5tqXh1qzt48xo1_1280.png (538 KB, 514x687) Image search: [Google]
mnbvl5tqXh1qzt48xo1_1280.png
538 KB, 514x687
>>24853833
>Nigger fuck off

Calm down. Your low blood sugar is showing. I'm a bit sad I lost my keeks folder. I went through many threads to amass my collection. I kinda want to find out what is happening now in that keeks thread, but I really don't want to go deep into it again
>>
What do you mean by eating healthy? Healthy eating diet tips please?

Gained a lot of weight and am trying to lose it all again with minimum suffering, thanks.
>>
>>24853036
I use that myfitnesspal thing. It gives you all the "fun" of structured eating with all the guesswork taken out.
>>
>>24853036
Taking lots of vitamins is more likely to fuck your shit up than provide benefits, so I'd stop doing that if I were you. Also, If you're fainting despite being physically fit then you have big problems. Even someone who hadn't eaten for a few days wouldn't reach that point if they had a healthy amount of body fat.

tl;dr seek fucking help. People who harm themselves by trying too hard to be healthy are even more annoying than the ones who just don't give a shit.
>>
>>24854011

You literally have to retrain yourself into being able to find healthier foods delicious one again.

Junk foods don't actually taste good at all, but they're addictive which is why we keep consuming them despite how inevitably disgusting/bloated they make you feel physically. It's that sweet, temporary satisfaction we crave, not the actual taste which lasts less than a few seconds with every mouthful.

I used to be a junk food maniac but if you handed me today the same shit I used to eat daily only a year ago I would really struggle to eat it without throwing up.

I went cold turkey, removed all the shit from my cupboards, replaced it with good food and forced myself into a restrictive diet. At first it's hell, the cravings are immense, but after bout 2 weeks they fast begin to fade and you find yourself craving shit like bananas for breakfast or rice for dinner. You start looking at food more functionally as in what it can provide you nutritionally and how much energy it'll impart to you because you're no longer eating for comfort or out of depression.
>>
>>24853036
post before/after pic
>>
>>24854139
>or rice for dinner
rice is pretty fattening anon
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.