[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you will never be a child again >you will never have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 16
File: Childhood.jpg (844 KB, 700x1023) Image search: [Google]
Childhood.jpg
844 KB, 700x1023
>tfw you will never be a child again
>you will never have innocence again
>you will never feel like the summer lasts forever
>you will never come back to school and see all your friends have gotten taller
>you will never have the deeply platonic friendships of elementary school
>your childhood is over
>>
File: Suicidal Pepe.png (107 KB, 800x388) Image search: [Google]
Suicidal Pepe.png
107 KB, 800x388
>tfw nobody gives a shit about your thread.
>>
>>24852149
I know this feel, OP...
I was an outcast so I didn't have more than a friend or two as a child. I wish I could go back though and not be an autist.
>>
>>24852149

>you will never feel like the summer lasts forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f06QZCVUHg

>you will never have the deeply platonic friendships of elementary school

I hated the other kids in elementary school. They were douchebags.
>>
>tfw u will never be friends with that qt u had a crush on in elementary school
>tfw u will likely never see her again

Enough
>>
I was incessantly bullied. My summers consisted of staying inside and reading or watching TV and visiting my grandparents if I needed a change of pace.
>>
holy shit, is there ANYTHING I could do to feel this again? is reincarnation real?
>>
>>24852149
>tfw you can't play with bugs anymore like when you were a kid
>you can't walk around town trying to climb trees like your little version of you used to
>you never finished digging a hole to china like you told your parents you would
>you'll never experience your first videogame again
>tfw being a quiet autists isn't socially acceptable for adults.
>>
>>24853273
you can have vivid fantasies in you're head of being the COOLEST kid in school!
>>
>>24852149
>tfw you will never see your elementary school classmates again
>or your middle school classmates
>or your high school classmates

Fuck it, Everyone I have ever known is gone except my family.For now...
>>
>>24853277
>tfw you can't play with bugs anymore like when you were a kid
>you never finished digging a hole to china like you told your parents you would
>you'll never experience your first videogame again

All these... It's too much.
>>
File: apa-in-the-sky-350x233.jpg (13 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
apa-in-the-sky-350x233.jpg
13 KB, 350x233
>>24852149
>tfw you will never be the outcast turned hero
>deciding to change his social postition and fate and be seen as a great one in everyone's eyes
> you'll never sit at the roof of your school and watch the stars with your friends and a girl you can't tell has a crush on you
>you'll never make up silly urban legends and run through the streets like rabid dogs enjoying every moment.

at least you don't have to deal with the heartbreak of leaving that behind.
>>
File: 5aa.jpg (35 KB, 439x656) Image search: [Google]
5aa.jpg
35 KB, 439x656
>you can never go back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsIRt0bge1Y
>>
>>24853522
> you'll never sit at the roof of your school and watch the stars with your friends and a girl you can't tell has a crush on you
please.. don't do this to me anon...
>>
>>24853522
>apa yipyip
>>
>tfw you will never listen to surf on the radio of your beautiful car you worked 2 years at the local burger joint for
>tfw you will never date a max qt in a poodle skirt
>tfw there will never be job security or a role for you to fill
>tfw you have no reason to live or to strive to be anything in a modern world
>>
>You will never be happy again
>You may experience temporary joy for a small moment
>But then it all comes back to you
>All the inescapable mistakes you can't fix
>How far gone you are
>You will never feel content again
>>
>>24853617
>>24853623
what would you anons sacrifice to go back?
>>
>>24853655
I'd redo all those years I think since then.
I'd like to go back with my current mentality though, as not to be a total autist.
>>
>>24853655
just to go back and give myself a frank talking too would be enough, i could be doing average.

i hate being a train wreck
>>
https://youtu.be/_AWIqXzvX-U
Music for this thread. Idk I'm gelling nostalgic now. Revisiting memories that I Thought is lost. 2 am is a strange time....
>>
Fuck, this hit really hit me hard.

I'm almost 31. I remember playing EarthBound when I was 10. I miss that innocence where I had no real worries. Where life was a great adventure, where all I had to worry about was defeating a boss in a video game, or finishing a homework assignment.

Now I'm nearly 31 and my life is trash. I want that innocence back so desperately, but even if I become NEET it will never be the same as having the same innocent perspective of a child.

Fuck, I'm tearing up. Why'd you have to make me feel these feels tonight, /r9k/?
>>
>>24853655
Nothing, my childhood had more bad than good.
I'm sure years from now i'll be thinking about how i can no longer shitpost the day away.
>>
File: 1449085719189.png (99 KB, 300x271) Image search: [Google]
1449085719189.png
99 KB, 300x271
>>24853720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqcPSbkS9TQ
>>
>>24853709
Excuse my retarded spelling. I've had a lot of xanax tonight.
>>
>>24853733
>I'm sure years from now i'll be thinking about how i can no longer shitpost the day away

You implying this play won't be here anymore?
>>
>>24853751

Now I'm crying out all my feels. Mario 64 was an escape in middle school. I could come home and just not think about all the shit for a while.

I've always loved this song too. Ultimately, thanks for sharing, anon, even if I am crying.
>>
>>24853768
Yeah, ten/twenty/thirty years from now, i doubt this place will still be habitable.
only normie roaches will survive.
>>
>>24853751
>so long gay bowser.
>>
I'm jealous of you guys, I never got that childhood. I grew up in a small town in the UK and was bullied for being weak and crying at everything. I was born in July so younger and shorter than everyone else.

I wasn't allowed to leave the house in the Summer because my mum was overprotective. I had no friends until I was 7. I'm glad to be out of it.
>>
>>24853720

i know this feel but with pokemon blue and old runescape, i don't think i'll ever enjoy anything as much as i enjoyed playing those games
>>
yep hanging out with my neighbor or my bestfriend during summer. staying over night and having fun

its all over now though. i feel bad for you guys who didnt get that and i dont mean that in a messed up way but its the best times

i always remember hearing people say that senior year and around that time is the best years of your life but to me hanging out and going on an adventure seems more fun then parties
>>
>>24853273
Take acid or mushrooms and go for a walk in the woods or somewhwere natural.
>>
File: 1375480873826.png (118 KB, 332x450) Image search: [Google]
1375480873826.png
118 KB, 332x450
I have palsy so when I was a kid I either
Got pushed around
or laughed
all the other kids just tolerated me but made fun of me when they got the chance
I never had any friends when I was young
I just mostly stayed inside watching cartoons
>>
File: 14391412413610.png (145 KB, 696x319) Image search: [Google]
14391412413610.png
145 KB, 696x319
>>24852149
>tfw strict parents
>tfw childhood was never free or innocent
sucks senpai desu
>>
>>24852149
Ughhhh...ugggh... my stomach lads.. I want to be small again. Fuck, fuck... being a manchild is the loneliest shit. I want to meet my friends at the park and anticipate my mom calling me home for dinner and me dragging my feet home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9GI0rjd2-E&index=23&list=PLKQIN-3lDJvBd-ZliERx2hULdH9rM_nGP - thread theme
>>
This image made me tear up lads...
>>
>tfw hated growing up
>hated school
>hated where i lived
>grew up
>moved up the coast
>got a job
>bought a house
>found alcohol
never happier.
>>
Those never ending summers were the best, man. I wish I could augment my brain to lose the concept of time.
>>
File: 1a8ZWl.jpg (33 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1a8ZWl.jpg
33 KB, 640x360
> realizing adults are just children pretending to be adults
> realizing that not giving a shit about being judged is actually an enhanced form of maturity
> realizing that I can pursue things that are not on the dotted line

> tfw I still have the spirit of a child but the mind of a successful autist
>>
>tfw your childhood was nothing compared to others'
>>
>>24855342
im kind of similar but realised all i enjoy is drinking and riding motorcycles.

so i work a dead end job just to do both.

so i'm kind of a dumb adult pretending to be a dumb adult.
>>
File: 1447944768420.png (477 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
1447944768420.png
477 KB, 800x550
>>24855286
This.
Life was fucking horrible when I was a child/teen. I was forced into school even when I did poorly and I was pretty fucking lonely.
I did make a few friends, but most of what I remember about them is how much I worried about losing them.
Nothing is different now.
>>
>you will never again climb on top of the monkey bars while playing fish out of water
>you will never again wake up on a weekend morning with your small body in small onesie pajamas
>you will never again get excited about collecting nemo toys at mcdonalds
>you will never lay on the blue carpet at school playing yugioh
>you will never feel that feel when the playstation logo shows up and make the startup sound
>>
I had a really good childhood before everything went to shit around 14. Now I'm 28 and miserable. I miss my childhood home and friends. I miss playing outside all day and coming in and playing video games all night and not worrying constantly. I miss my dad.
>>
I feel weird in times like these. I don't miss my childhood all that much. Some very selected parts but overall no. Being a kid to me meant having people control you, being afraid of the world, a general sense of discomfort. Of course I still have something like that now, and new problems have revealed themselves. But overall not feeling like a helpless kid makes it better. I don't know - I blocked large parts of my childhood so I don't "feel" them. But being an adult, knowing the game, knowing what the world is and how it works - it's so so much better to me than being a kid.
>>
>>24852149
It is true anon, we have lost these things and while some may claim to retain that childlike spirit we all know it is not a replacement.

But we had those moments, they were joyous and life affirming. They spurred our growths and cemented our identities before fading into the past. We mourn the passing of these times while also having the joy of experiencing them. Sorrow for this is, in one way, a reminder that we have the privilege of having loved a moment in our lives. An image of happiness that we yearn to return to. Nostalgia.

It is a gift in and of itself.
>>
>>24855480
You romanticize these small moments, but then forget the sound of distant yelling a few rooms down where some asshole your mom is dating is screaming and yelling, throwing shit around, with you being unable to do jack shit about it.
>>
File: 1405417051719.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1405417051719.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
>>24855533
Checked

and my parents aren't divorced anon, they had a pretty good relationship
>>
>>24853751
That tune hurts a bit anon.

We were so much younger, things so much less assured than they are now.

Thank you for posting it.
>>
File: 1398908585333.jpg (76 KB, 800x714) Image search: [Google]
1398908585333.jpg
76 KB, 800x714
>>24852149

>tfw not American
>never got to experience comfy Halloween shenanigans like in cartoon holiday specials
>>
>>24855591
What did you experience anon?
>>
File: 1444451978728.png (121 KB, 249x398) Image search: [Google]
1444451978728.png
121 KB, 249x398
>4th grade
>made best friend
>turns out he lives just down the street
>my first and only friend
>we bike to school together everyday, hang out every single night and weekend
>spend the summer riding bike and exploring the woods
>both had crushes on these two girls who were also best friends
>tried to set be each other's wingmen
>friends forever
>his parents divorce
>he moves a few blocks away in 6th grade, that's okay
>still hang out everyday but go to different schools
>I grew up without a mother, she was an alcoholic who tried to kill me
>his mom was like a mother to me
>in 9th grade she dies
>he moves several states over to live with his dad
>we still skype every other day, and see each other whenever possible
>tfw we used to pretend to be our World of Warcraft characters and fight each other with sticks
>tfw we camped out in my backyard many times
>tfw I'll never experience those joyful days again
I found out a week or so ago that his older brother molested him. I never would have guessed. He's had an awful life, but he finally got a qt gf and is pretty happy. I'll miss those days of exploring our town on our bikes, just him and I and a whole summer to play.
>>
>>24852149
Good. I hated being a child, and I always looked forward to the freedom of being an adult. The only thing I miss is my childish outlook on death.
>>
>>24853522
>you'll never make up silly urban legends and run through the streets like rabid dogs enjoying every moment.
fuuuuuuuck you for making me remember this feel that I would have never even realized I lost if I hadn't read your post
>>
>>24852149
I don't know, OP. I don't really miss my childhood but I don't really feel anything anymore, so I might not be a good indication of the general population
>>
File: 1411681064722.png (465 KB, 680x762) Image search: [Google]
1411681064722.png
465 KB, 680x762
I saw someone die when I was a kid.
>>
File: Garfrankel and Simone.png (132 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Garfrankel and Simone.png
132 KB, 500x281
Most of my time out of school when I was a little kid was spent hanging out with the old lady across the street while she baked cookies. She had a lot of cool old records, so I'd listen to music and play with my toys. In school I got in a lot of fights with my friends and with random assholes. Smashed a kid's face in with a rock once. Ate honeysuckle off the bush by the baseball field. Also had a "girlfriend" even though I didn't really understand what it entailed.

I wonder if I peaked in third grade.
>>
>>24855418
This picture makes me feel so hard.
>>
File: 1447944768417.png (406 KB, 935x850) Image search: [Google]
1447944768417.png
406 KB, 935x850
>>24856468
Yuri is nice.
>>
Why would I want to be a child again?
>>
>>24856702

to start over again,
>>
File: what-00026.jpg (49 KB, 1037x583) Image search: [Google]
what-00026.jpg
49 KB, 1037x583
>>24855757
What's the story behind this one, anon?

>>24856719
Being a child was fucking terrible. Couldn't do what you wanted, no money, forced to go to school and study, forced to interact with other people in some way, etc.
I'd never want to be a child again. My life is shit but it's still better than being a kid.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.