[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>always wanted to learn how to drive >put off learning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 13
File: 1359731873976.jpg (560 KB, 640x735) Image search: [Google]
1359731873976.jpg
560 KB, 640x735
>always wanted to learn how to drive
>put off learning how to drive because of being scared of everything
>finally enroll in driving classes
>first time driving(today)
>have to drive on the road
>its a manual
>can barely figure how to work the clutch
>stall the car at almost every stoplight
>can't concentrate on traffic well because i'm trying to just steer the car and work the pedals
>decided to enroll in the winter
>it's snowing everywhere
>go home and cry because i felt so embarrassed about how i did today

WHY AM I BAD AT EVERYTHING IN LIFE?
>>
My dad taught me how to drive a manual out on some deserted country roads one afternoon.

Thanks dad.
>>
>>24848585
hey
>just
>stick
>with
>it
>>
I want kids to leave this board :^(
>>
>>24848585
What the fuck kind of driving school puts you in a manual for the first time and makes you drive on public streets? You should learn to drive a manual in an empty parking lot, or the driving school's driving course.
>>
File: 3182.jpg (549 KB, 1186x936) Image search: [Google]
3182.jpg
549 KB, 1186x936
>>24848585
I did my driving license in winter too and manual too. Don't you worry anon, shifting gives you trouble at first, but you will get it after some time and you will be shifting up and down almost like a robot, but even experienced drivers can stall a manual car sometimes, it is nothing to be ashamed about.
>>
>>24848662
>2015
>not knowing about the NEETs who don't drive meme
Did you come to this board today?
>>
>>24848692
The normies expect everybody to have taken the drivers license at 18.

I took mine at 28.
>>
>>24848670
poor americans, in europe you have to learn stick shift, you actually get a different driving license for automatic ( and only automatic, while learning stick gives you both) and yes here in germany they take you out on a public road with stickshift the first time you try to drive.
>>
>>24848727
Hope they take you on the autobahn next time so you die.
>>
>>24848692
>WHY AM I BAD AT EVERYTHING IN LIFE?
oh no all my friends have licenses but I dont!!! Life is gay Im gonna kill myself!!!

normies pls go
>>
>>24848670
if you can't drive stick you can't actually drive, imo

you're just shoving your foot down on the accelerator and not actually understanding how the car operates
>>
File: 1449431160673.jpg (49 KB, 630x399) Image search: [Google]
1449431160673.jpg
49 KB, 630x399
im 26 years old and dont know how to drive

my mother refuses to teach me
she constantly nags at me tovget a job, but we dont love in walking distance near any business'd
>>
My driver ed teacher told me I was the worst he's ever seen and that I don't belong on the road

It's embarrassing having to get rides everywhere but I'd literally crash within a mile of wherever I started if I drove
>>
>>24848798
i'll teach you

robot willing
>>
>>24848727
>>24848767
But I can drive stick. Also pro-tip from an american on how to drive a manual

Before you even try to drive with gas, you need to learn how to make the car move without gas. You do this by releasing the clutch slowly until the car starts to move. When the car starts to move that is the sweet spot for shifting. This means you depress the clutch, shift gears, release to sweet spot, apply gas, fully release clutch.
>>
>>24848750
>>24848764
Stop thinking these posters are me.

>>24848641
I will i already paid them my NEET bux

>>24848798
I'm 25 and i'm trying to learn it now. Everybody in my theory driving classes were older than me. I guess people living in the city learn later?

>>24848820
I will try that next time i get in a car which is gonna be Wednesday next week.
>>
>>24848820
fuck that, just rev to the moon then let the clutch out, resulting in an exciting burn out

>>24848803
i was told this too, and know what? i drive every day, and i haven't crashed or killed anyone, not even once
>>
>>24848848
and destroying your clutch faster than if you actually learned how to shift gears
>>
File: 45243.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
45243.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1280
>>24848750
you have to spend a certain amount of hours on the country road first, a certain amount of hours in a city and then you get to drive on the autobahn and then you get to drive at night and don't you worry you silly hating amerifag, I got my license 3 years ago, I drive on the autobahn every other day.
>>
>>24848670
>live in europe
>drive for the first time
>it's on a public road with manual
>literally nothing to it
OP is just a fucking manchild whose brains must have corroded from all the hentai and visual novels he's been playing. If you can't drive manual you're a fucking mongoloid
>>
>>24848879
i feel like the autobahn would be easy peasy compared to american highways, nobody here pays any fucking attention to what they're doing, meanwhile the germans have their "drive well" thing
>>
>>24848585
>20 year old still learning to drive here
>i watched all my friends get licenses, then girl friends, then jobs
>I was too lazy/autistic to put any effort into it, >its so demeaning having you're mother drive you around like a child.
>I gave up and am learning auto.
>Hopefully i can be bothered to get my full license later.

I've never been on this board before, but I'm feeling a little blue.
>>
>>24848619
>deserted country roads

This. gtfo the city for a start. Learn basic car control first.
>>
>>24848716
where I'm from people get mopeds at like 14

it feels bad when you're sitting in the passenger seat of a car in a parking lot, when a 14 year old kid and his high school girlfriend pull up in the space next too you on a moped and they walk away holding hands.
>>
Is driving class a meme? I keep seeing it mentioned on here. Maybe it's because I'm American but I picked up driving effortlessly.

What would they even teach you? This button means go, this one stop, and wiggle this stick to change gears. I think I speed read the drivers manual while I was waiting to take the written test. I passed because I knew green means go and don't pass stopped school buses with flashing lights and sign saying don't pass flipped out. Those were the hardest questions. The rest was math. If the speed limit is 55mph for a stretch of road what is the maximum legal speed in that area? Then a follow up, what if you enter a spot that is speed limit 35mph?

If you ever played Mario kart as a kid you shouldn't have any trouble. It's exactly the same. Stop, go, shift, and turn. That's how to drive in 5 words.
>>
>>24848767
>if you can't drive stick you can't actually drive, imo
You don't need a fundamental understanding of how something works to be able to do something. In fact, most teaching of any subject today skips over fundamentals because they're typically unimportant.
>>
File: 1276314213051.png (12 KB, 436x435) Image search: [Google]
1276314213051.png
12 KB, 436x435
>>24848727
>you actually get a different driving license for automatic
do you need a dedicated 6 month course in fundamentals of signs and signals too?
>>
>>24849080
its difficult for me because i over think every little movement
>>
>>24849087
What I mean is driving manual really sets in perspective when you need to speed up/slow down and when you need to change gears, it really makes you pay attention to what's happening ahead of you, driving auto lacks that
>>
I just got in and drove manual straight up. I watched others closely to learn in advance. At that point we had an old car with no centre console so the pedals were in full view from the passenger side.
>>
>>24849107
I believe so, Euros that only get the automatic licence are c ucks
>>
>>24849080
I found it very difficult to be gentle on the clutch and not stall out the car. I dunno i just didn't have any fine control over my feet. I'm generally a very clunky and clumsy person.
>>
>>24849145
>driving auto lacks that

Yes and no. One thing I hate about auto is its inability to do that which can piss you the hell off when it does things you know it shouldn't be.
>>
My father bought me a manual and immediately gave me the keys when we were on the opposite side of town. Thank god I can pick stuff up pretty fast or else I probably would've gotten in an accident
>>
GENTICALLY
>>
>>24848662
Not everyone was privileged enough to have their mommy and daddy teach them how to drive you faggot.
>>
>>24848585
>americans are actually THIS fucking useless and retarded
>>
literally how i got the hang of driving a stick within like 5 minutes the only thing that was tricky to learn at first was hill starts

it is literally e a s y p e a z l e m o n s q u e e z y
>>
Am I the only one who expected cars to work like games? I didn't think they automatically move if you don't hold breaks down. Scared me out of driving. am I beyond help?
>>
>>24849529
>Am I the only one who expected cars to work like games
I expected that, and it turned out that it worked exactly like games.
>>
>>24849568
>it worked exactly like games
But, in games cars don't move unless you give input, in real life once the car's on it'll go forward unless you hold the break/stop it? what games did you play?
>>
>>24849738
>what games did you play
Pretty much only racing games
>>
>>24849756
Oh, I didn't really get into those so I assume they're more realistic? Because Gta and all those other generic games make cars seem much easier.
>>
>>24849529
But they do, I don't know what you've been playing but most racing games have the car physics pretty nailed down.
A few things I noticed was how in some games you see your character barely turning the wheel for a 90 turn, meanwhile you would need to do 1 and half turn in most cars

One other thing I took for granted was reversing, some games have break/reverse on the same input, so you can't break while reversing ( except by accelerating really ) and parking was never an issue in games
>>
>>24849145
>it really makes you pay attention to what's happening ahead of you
It really doesn't when you've been doing it for a long time.
>>
The road doesn't make any sense to me. Not only are there twists and turns everywhere but you have to constantly watch out for other cars, cyclists, signs, pedestrians and shit. Just fuck that. I also have a pretty bad sense of direction and any car I can afford is liable to be more of a death trap than your average vehicle. Then there's registration, fuel, maintenance, lessons and even if i did learn someone with a drivers license would have to be with me and people don't make themselves available to me for favours like that.
>>
File: 1449446006523.jpg (143 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449446006523.jpg
143 KB, 600x600
I used to like driving before I got into an accident. Now it makes me anxious
>>
>>24849980

It does, you just don't notice it because it's second nature. Most auto drivers aren't even aware of rpm or that cars even can change gears. At all times they either accelerate or brake, never coast. You can tell who is a good driver by watching them anticipate lights. Some people accelerate all the way through, slam on brakes, act confused when it turns green, then floor it. Others smoothly coast up to the red light, and if it changes before they stop they keep going through. I know gas is cheap now but why waste it like that? It makes to difference in the eta but makes for a hell of a more enjoyable and smoother ride.

I could probably write a dissertation on shitty drivers having lived in South so long. Pickup trucks always go slow, never signal, and never not have high beams on. When driving over a bridge always brake and steer the opposite direction you slide. In fog turn on high beams and go super slow. In rain make sure to turn on hazard lights to distract others as much as possible and prevent accidentally signalling your turn. When parking always pull in to the the next spot or only halfway in to prevent others from using the let correctly. Also remember to get as close to the line as possible if you don't cross them. For extra points instead of pulling in straight Park diagonally in the spot and don't straighten the wheewheel before exiting.

Some of the shit I see blows my mind how these people even got to be as old as they are. I guess that's why 25% of them have stories of car accidents. The other day I gave someone a courtesy flash to warn of the speed trap and they flashed back. Wtf was that? An acknowledgement. I thought if anything the proper response is to slow down to the limit. What pisses me off is how cops write tickets for speeding but I've never seen them pull someone over for throwing a cigarette out the window. Shits distracting as fuck and you know these are the same assholes throwing their fast food bags out.
>>
>>24850407
If they were more aware, they'd have lower accident rates. But comparing Germany, who is majority manual, and proud of it, to the US, who is majority auto, Germany has ~30% higher accident rates.

Shit drivers aren't unique to transmission.
>>
>>24850496

I didn't know that. I'd have thought it would be lower because of manual and the ridiculous licensing procedures. Is it the car culture then? American cities are designed for cars, not people.

Most people I know were driving from around 14, and many were allowed to sit in their parents lap and steer or at least pretend as much as a kid. You got our license if you spelled your name right. My practical consisted of my dad flirting with the proctor and driving once around the block. Shit is ridiculously laid back. We also have ridiculously low speed limits. They're enforced but my sister drives 90mph everywhere while texting and has a million different stories of working upup alligator tears or fluttering her eyelashes to get off with a warning. I still get ticketed about every 1 in 4 times because the best I can do is play the scared uptight kid. As I got older that stopped working as much and I had to go more straight laced good ole' boy who was distracted. Are German traffic enforcement really strict or is it like America where it mostly depends on how much the cop likes you?
>>
File: 1448772213362.png (383 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1448772213362.png
383 KB, 600x600
I was so shit at driving cars that I decided I'd rather ride a motorcycle instead.
>>
Don't worry op you're not as bad as one of my retard "friends".
>22 years old
>Bums lifts off every cunt he knows and 50% of the time doesn't pay unless asked for.
>recently got his learners license
>6 months probationary period so he'll be 23 when he has his license
>Family car is automatic so he has to learn automatic
>wants to learn manual because he wants a bike but can't.
>going to get a bike as soon as he passes even with no money
>drinks at least 3 times a month and complains about being poor

I think the most retarded thing is the fact that he's probably going to kill himself on the road, i was having an in depth discussion with him about how he's going to die because he has no experience at all with driving. His response was "nah i'll drive more carefully since I'm on a bike".

He's a fucking idiot and half of me hopes he has a tragic accident that writes off his bike so he'll be normal and drive a car.
>>
>>24851172

I always heard drive like you're invisible and thought it just meant be vigilant because a crash is worse on a motorcycle. Then I noticed at turns people want to drive into you, and at red lights people want to drive into you, and while just driving normally people want to merge into you. You really are invisible on a motorcycle. Until you do a wheelie or decide to go triple digit speeds. Inevitably you'll be very visible and very ticketed then. I try not to bitch about Lane splitting too much, it's too risky with how retarded cagers are. Lane filtering should be legal and encouraged though. I'm more afraid of red lights than I am of gravel and tar snakes.
>>
what's the point of driving a stick shift when modern automatics allow you to change gears if you really want to?
>>
File: wheelies.webm (864 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
wheelies.webm
864 KB, 400x400
>>24851172
so true senpai, so much easier to manuver a motorcycle than a car

never have to care about scratching some other faggots car when parking
>>
>>24851466
It's more enjoyable personally to drive manual than auto.
>>
>>24851342

To be fair bikes are a lot cheaper. $2k gets you a great bike, but if you get a car it will be an ancient lemon. Encourage him to take the msf and maybe he won't die as soon.
>>
>>24850496
Probably because its way harder to drive in congested cities with narrow streets than empty, boring straight line american roads wide enough to fit almost 2 cars in a lane.
>>
>>24851511
I understand what you mean however in Australia we don't have that + bikes are more expensive here.
Also if you buy the right car at even that value it'll last longer than a bike at that value.

more cheapness over safety but, i wouldn't recommend anyone get their bike licence before having experience on the road in a car.
>>
>>24851511
we're in australia so cars and bikes are more expensive and it'll even out. A 3k car can last your years compared to a 3k bike. The main issue is lack of experience on the road will lead to him having a serious injury whilst on a bike compared to a car.
In my state we have the most lax regulations on driving because our roads are the national standard however that's mainly for cars not bikes.
>>
>>24851485
until traffic hits

ill push my 250cc motorcycle in heavy traffic because I fucking hate it so much
>>
>>24849357
nah, just this op american
>>
>>24848585
its your first lesson

and what kind of driving school lets you do everything on the first day?

my first lesson was only steering
second was clutching and shifting
3rd was how to look at traffic

etc

fire your driving instructor and get a new one

>>24848670
here in the netherlands you drive manual too but on first lesson big chance the instructor shifts for you and you can focus soley on steering

>>24848716
i took mine at 18 and im a neet

driving is like the one thing neets are good at
>>
>21 and no license
i better go kill myself
>>
>>24848585
I'm similar, I'm 24yo and don't even have a learner's permit. I tried learning to drive years ago and I was actually doing OK on neighborhood streets and stuff, but then by father's car died and he got a manual. I tried learning to use the manual, but I ended up giving up and sticking with public transit. Besides, driving scares me.
>>
File: 1431883511592.jpg (67 KB, 834x960) Image search: [Google]
1431883511592.jpg
67 KB, 834x960
>female driving examiners
why
>>
>>24848767
I guess I can't drive. Well, what can ya do?
I was gonna take a trip to the grocery store today, but I can't drive now. I suppose I won't go after all.
>>
>>24848585
I want to get my license but driving classes are $350 fucking dollars
>>
>>24848939
Shut the fuck up hentai has just made me smarter. And I drive just fine
>>
>>24853274
Try $2000
>>
>>24848727
You should still practice on an empty parking lot or something first, especially with a manual stick shift. Trying to learn that in traffic can be far too stressful for some, depending on the traffic.
>>
>>24848727
what the hell europes fucking gay they dont even trust you to drive a manual without taking a test. I heard cars there have to inspect a annual inspection too, that sucks.
>>
>>24848585
What? You're telling this as if you stepped into a car by yourself and just started driving?

What did your examinator say?

And if this is like your first time isn't this more than expected?
>>
>>24853274
You can't just get your parents to help you learn?
>>
>>24853559
It's not annual.
More like once in 3 years
>>
>>24850407
>Some people accelerate all the way through

I treat red lights as yield signs
>>
>>24848585
I drove an automatic during my driving test. It was a Mustang.

I failed my first one but I aced this one because my driving instructor was a chill dude and my previous one was an old bitch with a chip on her shoulder.
>>
>>24850407
>smoothly coast up to the red light
This is not always a good idea. If there are enough people behind you this can prevent people from getting through a set of lights that are behind you.
>>
>>24848585
Fuck dude. 21 here, I failed my first driving test a couple days ago. Shit was fucking terrible.
>nervous as all fuck, pre-driving segment went well
>take a right turn out of the DMV parking lot
>so nervous that I stopped over the limit line like a dumbass
>need to turn right, pedestrian was about to cross but I drove in front of him like a dumbass
>"okay and uhh take another right back into the DMV parking lot"
>we parked, gave me my results sheet, and left my car
I failed in probably less than a fucking minute, fuck me
>>
>>24848585
>first time driving
>its a manual
damn what a shit time. I hate to say it but driving schools >>> learning from anyone in your family, unless they are capable of regurjitating exactly what their driving instructor taught them. They will probably just teach you random shit and laws of the road but not actually how to drive properly
My parents are both the stereotypical driving idiots and they both backseat like crazy in different ways.
My dad tried to get me to steer with only one hand (no, not like the 9-3 steering method where you use one hand to turn the wheel, literally just one hand) and tried to get me to drive like an idiot around the neighborhood. He drives like shit, fuck the speed limit, fuck blinkers, fuck other drivers, etc. How he doesnt get tickets or in accidents more often is way fucking beyond me.
My mom on the other hand is a decent driver, but she backseat drives like a god damn nut and wont shut the fuck up whenever Im speeding up or slowing down or supposed to brake.
>>
File: 1408009475305.jpg (37 KB, 374x421) Image search: [Google]
1408009475305.jpg
37 KB, 374x421
>>24848585
>doesn't know a skill
>tries to learn skill
>isn't immediately amazing at it
>gets sad

Fucks sake anon. You're meant to be shit at it if its your first lesson.

My instructor wrote "left" and "right" on my hands during my first lesson so I wouldn't mix them up again.
>>
>>24848662
Heartless bitch
>>
>>24848585
Um that picture should say

Real life:

High and drunk:
>>
First
Attempt
In
Life
>>
>>24856167
>>24848585
The very first time I drove I bumped into a parked car.
But that was more because my mom is a shit instructor and it was night
During my driving lessons I got some NIGGER ex-cop who was hella annoying and got pissed easily. Holy fuck Im so glad I never have to drive with him again, I think he was the reason I ever drove so sloppy to begin with. The one lesson I didnt get him I drove great and the instructor was wondering why I was even still taking lessons because I was driving like such a legend.
>>
I managed to get my license at first try for some reason. However whenever I drived with my dad onboard he kept shouting about my style of driving.... it's been three years since my last ride and I don't plan on returning driving ever again

>TFW your dad gave you car ptsd
>>
File: 1396490338221.jpg (10 KB, 180x222) Image search: [Google]
1396490338221.jpg
10 KB, 180x222
>>24848585
>finally enroll in driving classes
>first time driving(today)
>its a manual
Hahaha rekt

But seriously don't feel too bad, everyone fucks up the first few times with a stick. EVERYONE. It's easy to learn but when you start it's extremely embarrassing because you look like a fucktard in front of everyone.
>>
My dad tried to teach me how to drive pnce in an empty area in a small town. It was terrible, the gear transmission felt clunky as hell and and ir wasnt even half as easy as he pretended it was.
Qhen i was old enough to get my license, it went smooth as fuck with the instructor and on my firstbclass he said that i did pretty good for a first timer.

Dont know what was the beef with my dad because somehow it was difficult as hell when i was with him.
>>
>learning to drive
>on a pretty major street there was a truck sticking out into the right lane of the street because the driveway it was in was too short
>going to switch lanes
>see a car there
>panic even though it was quite a bit behind and I could've made the lane switch, don't even brake, about to crash
>mom saves our asses by taking to control
>haven't driven again since
This was a year ago
>>
File: 1360743353398.jpg (32 KB, 260x240) Image search: [Google]
1360743353398.jpg
32 KB, 260x240
Get something smaller and simpler. Something like a moped is great if you can't handle a car. Really only three controls: throttle handle, brake handles, and blinker toggle.

Source: 28 and put off driving because couldn't in to car. It was only four months ago that I started driving, after I got a cheap rinky-dink moped out of Craigslist. Needed it so I wouldn't have to walk 20 minutes to work anymore. Wish I'd done it 10+ years sooner because if I had done this at 16 (when literally everyone else that age that I knew had cars), I wouldn't have turned out to be a friendless shut-in like I am.

>ruralfag back then, 25 minutes out of the city
>had lots of friends and went to parties with them
>all of them had migrate in to the city by 17.

Had I been able to drive, I would have been able to go join my old friends for all the shit they were doing. Sometimes they came and picked me up (always for really big things like birthday parties and shit) but that was very rare since it always took so long to come get me. It would take about a hour to pick me up and then take me to whatever, and then another hour for them to drop me off and return to their homes. Not having a car really separated me from my friends as the physical distance grew further apart, and now I'm lucky if I see them three times a year.

All I do now with driving is go to my wageslave job and go buy lots of booze. I waited way too late to drive, and now I missed the turn-off to normalcy. Having a ride is THAT important during those formative years. Women were still in to me (RIP MySpace), and I had the potential to become a normal adult with a sex-life if I only could have driven to go to them. Now I'm a shut-in that's let myself go because no friends and no chance to get laid.

tl;dr - Get a moped or a motorcycle.
>>
File: 1412665486372.jpg (28 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1412665486372.jpg
28 KB, 633x758
>>24856280
Shit driving instructors are extremely common. It requires almost no qualification and it's usually middle-aged niggers and drunkards who fucked their lives up and took the job to support their alcoholism. Don't sweat it too much.

My faggot instructor used to just talk on the phone or sleep, and used the time to get me to drop shit off at the post office for him. Huge asshole like most driving instructors, but at least you don't have to spend a lot of time with them. And I liked it when he slept because he would shut the fuck up and I had quiet to just get my required driving hours in.
>>
>>24856285
pretty sure its only americans who fuck up driving manual, i live in scotland and ive never even seen an automatic
i dont understand what people find so difficult about it, just press the clutch and change the fucking gear
>>
>>24848767
I don't want to know how a fuckin' car operates, I want to get into a little box and make the box go vroom and then drive the box down the fucking street.

PERIOD.

That's fucking ALL.
>>
>>24848585
This is what 99% of Skyrim ENBs look like to me
>>
>>24851087
Dude, every county in America is radically different.

As different as Germany is from Mongolia, that's how different two different states in America are. Texas and Connecticut are far more dissimilar than Germany and France in every single way.

I really don't think Euros get this.
>>
>>24851433
>You really are invisible on a motorcycle.

This is 100% true no matter how emotional you get about it. People in cars cannot see motorcycles on the road.

You can be mad, you can be sad, or you can be glad, but it's still a fee-fi-fo-fum-FACT.
>>
>>24848750
>have driving lessons
>instructor lets students pick eachother up/drop eachother off
>I pick up a guy a town away
>he's new
>first lesson new
>instructor has to help him with handling the clutch at every traffic light
>we are now driving on the freeway back to my town
>newbie can't keep the car driving straight
>every twenty seconds the instructor has to jerk the wheel to get the car to stay in between the lines
Fucking scary shit man
>>
>>24848585
Stick with it anon, do what I did.

>get a small notepad
> after each lesson ask your instructor for things you can improve on.
> list them down

This works two ways, because it shows you're eager to learn and reminds you on where you can work on. If your instructor can't at least understand or appreciate that you are putting in the effort, fuck him/her off.

Not to mention it instills discipline and encourages constructive learning, Think of it like grinding.

>never once in an accident since I started driving 7 years ago.
> Never pulled over for speeding or other offences.
> Traveled around the country's coastline solo, camping every night and fishing for my dinner (shit is so cash)

>also applied this method to flying, though I only have a few hours.
>>
>>24848585
Give it double the throttle you think you need, take the clutch out twice as slowly as you think you need to, literally impossible to stall unless you pussy out on the throttle. As the clutch comes out you mirror the backwards motion of your foot with depressing the gas even more.

Maybe consider killing yourself if you can't drive a manual.

tfw I keep stalling my car because I take the clutch out quickly to avoid riding it and wearing it down
>>
Learning how to drive manual on car is pretty difficult. It's very counter-intuitive.

If you need to learn how to drive manual, do it on a motorcycle.

If you need to learn how to drive a car, do it on automatic.

I can drive a motorcycle manual perfectly but a car on manual is completely back ass wards to the point I keep stalling it too.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.