[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got laid off over the phone because my manager didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: dp.jpg (28 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
dp.jpg
28 KB, 460x276
I just got laid off over the phone because my manager didn't think I was "happy with my job & that I didn't seem like I was a permanent prospect."

wtf do I do
>>
Lel, you can be fired for not pretending to give a crap about the mundane shit you have to do. Wagekeks btfo again.
>>
Working in an at-will employment state is complete bullshit. I got fired for missing 2 shifts because I was in the hospital for 2 days. Manager wouldn't even let me explain even though I had a doctors note. He let me go over a text message.
>>
>>24846154
Is that allowed in America?
>>
>>24846179
>at-will employment state

What part of that did you not understand?
>>
>>24846179
No one can afford a real lawyer to fight it. Welcome to third world America.
>>
>>24846205
The at-will part.
>>
>>24846266
Employers can fire you for any reason in most states. Mostly Republican ones.
>>
>>24846205
>foreigners don't understand american legal terms
>better spew my autism for the world to see
>>
File: _amurica.jpg (83 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
_amurica.jpg
83 KB, 800x600
MUH FREEDOM
>>
File: 1410818675909.jpg (7 KB, 210x251) Image search: [Google]
1410818675909.jpg
7 KB, 210x251
>manager constantly says my work performance is fine but i seem 'emotionally distant' and don't 'open up the team'

Fucking hell. Being socially retarded/disinterested is worse than actually being incompetent.
>>
>>24846093
NEETs truly suck the nectar of God's paradise
>>
>>24846179

At-will employment means your employer doesn't need a legal reason to fire you. They just make shit up if they want you gone. For minimum wageslave jobs there's nothing you can do about it since you're so easily replaceable and they don't need to give you severance pay.
>>
Collect unemployment if you've been working there long enough.

That's at will employment for you. Sure am glad to be in a union when people tell stories like this.
>>
>>24846065
>manager didn't think I was happy with my job
My ex-boss used the same fucking excuse
>>
File: JesusHalo.jpg (36 KB, 300x448) Image search: [Google]
JesusHalo.jpg
36 KB, 300x448
>People actually entering into employment WITHOUT a contract.
>People don't collectively bargain with their coworkers for better terms.
It's anno domini duo milia quindecim
>>
>>24846866
Doesn't help you at all, the contracts just have loop holes so the employer can do what they fucking want and if you don't agree to it they don't hire you
>>
>>24846894
>He doesn't modify the contract before signing it.

It's like you really are a plebeian. I have mine right next to my bedside. You should too, but alas, most people in America are morons and think unions are evil.
>>
>>24846579
>minimum wageslave jobs

The worst part is that "at-will" has spread to the tech sector and educated work.
>>
>>24846925
You can try to modify it all you want but they wont accept it.

Keep dreaming.
>>
>>24847040
>Implying
They do. If they hand you a contract and you modify it and then sign it, and then they sign it, they are bound by those terms.

Why do people think contracts are just forced upon you and you have to accept it?
>>
>>24846377
God this pisses me off. What do they even expect me to talk about, my life is boring and no one wants to hear about my autistic hobbies. I can't even properly respond to coworkers stories, not because I'm bored but because I honestly have no meaningful response, our lives are just too different .
>>
File: 1444432194196.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
1444432194196.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
>>24846377
>apply for job
>don't get call back for a week
>send manager an email
>he responds that I "didn't seem too enthusiastic" at the interview and thought that I was applying to the job as a back up or something
>mfw I'm just like that about everything
>>
>tfw job is so desperate I show up late everyday and do whatever the fuck I want
It's still a shit job though, but them being so desperate makes it all the better.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.