[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else fallen into a nostalgia hole? So Im spending all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1444866738083-2.jpg (143 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444866738083-2.jpg
143 KB, 1080x1080
Anyone else fallen into a nostalgia hole?

So Im spending all my time watching nostalgic stuff from the 90s on Youtube, cartoons, music, adverts, movie trailers etc, desperately wishing to go back to my childhood when I still had hopes and dreams, before I turned into an absolute failure.

I'm like one of those rape victims who psychologically reverts to a juvenile stage, except I've been raped by reality.
>>
>>24844819
Yes, once I was all day watching Hey arnold, rocko's modern life, etc
>>
>>24844819
I think most people do, or at least freeze themselves in their favorite era. Think of any old people you might know.
>>
>>24844819
the internet murdered nostalgia

it exists but its quite fleet compared to say, being force fed teh nostalgia of the 60's in the 80's

the past in all its hideous clarity can right fuck off tbqhfamilymember
>>
>>24844819
It's all I've been doing with my free time ever since I moved out of my parent's house this year. I've been living alone for almost a year now and have no one to talk with and no one to visit me other than my parents.

Brother said he and his friends would maybe come by sometime but they never do and I'm a little glad but at the same time kinda sad because that's the usual type of thing I hear from people.

"Let's hang out and do stuff later Anon" and that's the last I hear from them
>>
It's called regression. Are you a student?
>>
I often listen to video game soundtracks from my childhood, and they bring me to tears as I remember the blissful days spent lost in the worlds of those games. Now I am a depressed dead inside shutin with no will to play games. Nostalgia is the only thing that evokes feelings in me anymore.
>>
>>24844819
I spend lots of time looking at pictures from these exchange trips I did when I was 16/17.

It's literally all I think about. I hate knowing that my best time in life, by a large margin, is so far behind me.
>>
>>24847452
I listen to Fall Out Boy a lot as well because it reminds me of these trips
>>
>It will never be 1996 again
>I will never have a girl tell me she wants to marry me when she grows up again
>I will never be so immersed in the Magic School Bus Explores the Solar System game again
>I will never not care about being lonely again
>It will never be 2002 again
>I will never experience that rush when the Pokemon opening theme started up again
>I will never have a science-themed birthday party with dry ice and science experiments and a dozen friends again
>I will never play in the pool with my two female neighbors and see one take her top off through a window accidentally again
>I will never play truth or dare with some girls on a field trip and get dared to kiss one of them again
>It will never be 2007 again
>I will never be a teenager again
>I will never immerse myself in Runescape and get so caught up on fishing lobbies again
>I will never activate sticky keys in the computer lab again
>It will never be 2010 again
>I will never ask out a girl for prom
>I will never go the mall to hang out with friends again
>I will never feel excited about applying to university again
>I will never be young enough for my virginity to be normal again
>I will never have a grad party where I had a great time just hanging out with my friends even if none of us got dates again
>I will never be in undergrad, living in residence and having drinking contests again
>I will never accept a dance with a girl to "Don't Stop Believin" again
>I will never try marijuana for the first time again
>I will never try MDMA for the first time again
>I will never go to a strip club and see a woman's breasts for the first time again
>I will never put noko or sage in the email field again
>I will never watch Evangelion for the first time again
>I will never be able to date a girl for the first time and for it to still be normal again
>/r9k/ will never be good again
>I will never enjoy a new video game again
>I will never be excited for the future again
>>
yes a few months ago i was watching pokemon then stacey said watching cartoons is a turn off. i've been watching tv shows
>>
>>24845639
Please don't mention those shows, they strike a chord so deep in me it hurts
>>
File: Wojak102.jpg (52 KB, 645x623) Image search: [Google]
Wojak102.jpg
52 KB, 645x623
I've never been happy so I don't really feel nostalgia for anything.
>>
>>24847539
>I will never try MDMA for the first time again
GODDAMNIT I DIDNT WANT TO FEEL TODAY
>>
>tfw no Laneya daughter gf

;~;
>>
I wish I could go back in time to my first nut. I wonder if it would feel the same if I just saved up for 10 years.
>>
File: 1431296645121.png (15 KB, 635x773) Image search: [Google]
1431296645121.png
15 KB, 635x773
>>24847539

man, fuck you

>tfw
>tfw
>tf....
>>
>>24844819
>I've been watching the same movie before bed for about 3 months now
>the only games I play on my high-end PC are all pre-2006
>I legitimately haven't found a new band or musician that I've enjoyed since at least 2009
>I try about once a week to make a homemade meal that my mom used to cook me; it never tastes the same
>Everytime I go out and drink, I tell myself beforehand that I'll make friends and make people laugh, like I was able to do in high school
>I still run on the same path that I met my best friend on, hoping to see him every single time even though he's in a different state

Fuck memories, I wish I could just focus on the future
>>
hows this make you feel op?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY_3uxzkoV4
>>
gamecube is still the best console to date and my 13 year old self would be thrilled to know i have a pc capable of emulating those games
>>
File: joanrivers.jpg (37 KB, 411x441) Image search: [Google]
joanrivers.jpg
37 KB, 411x441
>>24848094
>ywn cum for the first time again, producing no sperm
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.