[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else starting to lose interest in videogames in general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 40
File: vidya.png (109 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
vidya.png
109 KB, 444x444
anyone else starting to lose interest in videogames in general?

>fallout 4 is already starting to get boring and i havent even put in 10 hours of playtime
>only recent game that i've enjoyed was undertale, but it was short and i finished all the routes in a day
>barely have enough motivation to play any games lately, i pretty much have to force myself to

I just want some escapism, damn it.
>>
Force yourself to read books, and once you understand the true meaning of boring games will appeal once again.
>>
>ultra hyped ultra shit games
There's your problem.
>>
>>24844643
I actually have started reading books. I've got a few downloaded on my kindle that I plan to read.
>>
I just watch anime for a bit and then get back into video games a month or 2 later.
Main thing that
>>
>>24844621
I have no money for this kind of escapism.
>>
>>24844748
I don't even really pay for most games anyway.
>>
>>24844621
I own a few games, and they're all boring.
Morrowind: Crashes all the time, and need a very specific build to do well. So no 1 luck and 3 strength savant builds will do you well.
Oblivion: Played it several times, just not fresh or new anymore.
Skyrim: Only fun to play for a few hours before quitting in boredrom. Mods helped it for a while, until my video card started killing itself from all the body expansion and hdt mods.
Fallout 3: I've explored everything and did all the side quests, beat game.
Fallout New Vegas: Same thing again.
Fallout 4: Vanilla Fallout 4 is even worse then vanilla Skyrim. I only managed to put in a few hours.
Just Cause 2: The only thing to do is blow shit up and that gets really boring really fast. It was fun running people over in cars though.
Just Cause 2 MP: No one plays, and the people that do are complete assholes.
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris: Unoptimized piece of shit that completely overtaxes my video card. I can run fucking Fallout 4 on high, but I try running a few years old 2d game on LOW and my card starts overheating? Fucking bullshit.
Legend of Grimrock: Fun for a while, got stuck at the green globs part so gave up.
Civilizations 4: I've played civ 3 so much that civ 4 gets very boring. Plus I like the building and researching part, but the military stuff if you're a retard like me and not winning gets too hard and turns me off to playing more.
Team Fortress 2: Playing the same map over and over is terrible. Doesn't help that lately some really good players are playing on valve servers, so I don't do very well anymore.
Tomb Raider 2013: I've literally played it a gazillion times and unlocked all achievements, no reason to play it anymore.
Tomb Raider Anniversay/Legend/Underworld: I actually had physical copies of these games and beat them all, so there's no point in playing them. Only have them on steam for collector's sake.
>>
>>24844621
most video games are boring.
I usually stick to retro since my nostalgia still keeps my dopamine factory going.
>>
File: IB-Hitler-laughs.png (231 KB, 798x527) Image search: [Google]
IB-Hitler-laughs.png
231 KB, 798x527
>>24844933

>Legend of Grimrock
>got stuck
>gave up
>>
File: 1400908656442.gif (64 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
1400908656442.gif
64 KB, 500x446
>play skyrim
>get married to lydia
>get sad becus ill never get married irl
>>
>>24844621
Become a Nintendo faggot, anon. Cute, whimsical cartoon graphics are sure to whisk you away from all your problems.
>>
File: 1448442795487.jpg (17 KB, 175x165) Image search: [Google]
1448442795487.jpg
17 KB, 175x165
I spent most of this year burning through old platforming games. I had planned on making a start on a bunch of old RPGs as well, but I'm burnt the fuck out.

Maybe next year.
>>
>>24845126
>Get to part with green globs
>Everyone is at low health
>No food to eat or potions to heal
>Only way to go forward is through a hallway infestd with the buggers
That's why I gave up, I literally am unable to move forward in the game.
>>
>>24844716
What animes do you watch anon? I've watched at least 30 titles and already I'm tired of watching anime. It's literally the same shit over and over again and I can barely keep myself from falling asleep whenever I watch anime.
>>
>>24844682
>plan to read

things that will never happen: the post
>>
File: Notes_from_underground_cover.jpg (51 KB, 302x475) Image search: [Google]
Notes_from_underground_cover.jpg
51 KB, 302x475
>>24845282
I've already been reading, son. I've been going through pic related. I also have The Divine Comedy and St.Augustine's Confessions downloaded on my kindle. ( I've read a bit of Confessions, it's pretty comfy reading, tbqh)
>>
Why not try defiance
>>
I have way too many games to play.

>Fallout 4
>Shadow of Mordor
>Dying Light
>Pillars of Eternity
>Wasteland 2
>Wolfenstein TNO
>GTA EFLC
>Terraria
>Shadowrun Trilogy
>Pokemon XY
>Xenoblade Chronicles X
>Wind Waker HD
>Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
There's just so many I want to play, want to replay, or that are half finished and I want to complete, that I don't know where to start, and there's not enough time in the day.
>>
>>24844933
>Morrowind
Seriously just don't make a shit class. You probably chose one of the pre made ones
>>
>tfw playing Maplestory again
This is fun.
>>
>>24846081
how fun is it nowadays? i've heard that the game has been shit for a while now.
>>
>>24846309
Reboot server is really enjoyable.
>>
>>24845697
>>24844933

Morrowind is the last single-player video game I truly enjoyed. Since then the only video games I've had fun playing are ones I played with friends.
>>
>>24846081
That game is bloated in more ways than one.
>>
Nope. Xenoblade X has eaten up 12 hours already, three of those hours were literally me being idle enjoying the music.

Your best triple A games will never compare to Nintendo's best.
>>
>>24846355
Damn. Might get back into it then.
>>
>>24846403
I know.

>>24846446
Go for it. Maplestory General is actually fairly active and helpful; most everybody rerolled on Reboot or is playing again after a while on Reboot.

There are tons of classes though so good luck settling on something.
>>
I feel the same way most of the time but I've been playing the shit out of the sims 4 lately
>>
>>24846445
That feel when have to drive away tonight and won't be able to play Xenoblade X for 24 whole hours.
>>
File: 137061128597.png (621 KB, 756x1219) Image search: [Google]
137061128597.png
621 KB, 756x1219
>>24845219
Y-you cant burn out on games
YOU DONT EVEN EXIST
>>
File: 1449581739861.jpg (516 KB, 460x2820) Image search: [Google]
1449581739861.jpg
516 KB, 460x2820
>video games

Literally the most beta hobby ever created.
>>
>>24844933
>Team Fortress 2: Playing the same map over and over is terrible.
there's like a hundred official maps in the game right now
what the hell is that supposed to mean?
>>
File: 1399471192763.jpg (277 KB, 1180x1204) Image search: [Google]
1399471192763.jpg
277 KB, 1180x1204
>>24844643
Yeah, listen to this guy.

Books are so much better OP. It's hard to enjoy video games when there is barely any innovation. It's just a bunch of the same video games tropes over and over again just with slightly better graphics.

The whole industry is too commercialized at this point to make much of worth. Doesn't help that the medium is still in it's infancy so hasn't really figured out it's strengths yet, or produced a lot of great works.

With literature you have literally thousands of years worth of stuff to choose from.
>>
A new EDF game came out literally today on the ps4, put down that bethesda shit and go play something actually fun and pure
>>
>>24846554
>losing to a girl
you deserve all the ridicule
>>
File: 1439851255171.png (13 KB, 522x499) Image search: [Google]
1439851255171.png
13 KB, 522x499
>>24846607
>playing video games at all
>>
It is natural with growing up

I lost interest around 17 when I started going to parties and shit

Im 21 and havent bought a video game since gta 5 which was boring

I recommend getting into albums, its a more mature hobby

I also have gone to the gym everyday the last month and it feels great. get into that oP i recommend it, results exist but take time
>>
>>24844621
Last enjoyable sp game I played was antichamber.

And that was nearly 2 years ago.
>>
>>24846665
>being a pretentious contrarian
you're probably frustrated as fuck because you're a spoiled fuck, suck at video games and never had the resolve or will to get better
>>
>>24844621
I know them feels.

Just like with many drugs, you can develope a "tolerance" to video games.
Shit that used to excite you just won't do the trick anymore.

You can try to take some drugs while gaming, to make it more exciting again.
Also, you could try to play something more complex or some completely different genre.

After taking a break from vidyagames shit it usually a lot more exciting again too.
>>
It happened to me at the age of 20, and even then it was dying embers.

I feel too guilty to play games because real life is the real rpg that gaming wants to become. Games make you avoid the real game!

Although, let's be honest, the industry is stratifying. Everything is either homogenised big budget stuff or bare bones indie. You look at the dreamcast era where arcadey stuff with big budgets and great graphics (for the time) where loved and popular. That could never be done now.

Also it's painful seeing /v/. They want every Zelda game to becoem The Elder Scrolls: Hyrule Edition. Everything must be open world and with rpg elements. And ironically, the series they love most, Souls, they love because it's designed like the average game released in 1997.
>>
>>24846741
>a spoiled fuck
Where did you get that from?

>y-you suck!
Haven't played a game since I was in 6-7th grade. I grew up.

Is it that hard to believe that there are adults who don't still play an unhealthy amount of video games?
>>
File: 570721.jpg (12 KB, 544x438) Image search: [Google]
570721.jpg
12 KB, 544x438
>>24844621
Same here senpai
>be me like batman arkham games
>they are usually released every two years
>played the shit out of arkham city
>loved it
>cant wait for its sequel
>get my hopes up
>wait two years
>instead we get a prequel to the entire arkham game series
>meh
>arkham knight gets announced
>looks cool get my hopes up again
>it comes out
>absolutely fucking disappointing
>the city is evacuated again and the only thing left are rioters
>no reason to care about the rioters
>only like fucking three missions with sidekicks/allies that you barely play as
>cant free roam as robin, knightwing, or catwoman
>the militia is a nuisance throughout the game
>boss battles are fucking shit
>the arkham knight is Jason Todd which was obvious if you know anything about the batman universe
>the batmobile is a fucking mess to drive and it tuns into a fucking tank that is boring to use which is 80% of the games campaign/side missions
>Fuck m8 I wanted an expansion of arhkam city and what I got was a fucking batmotank that sucks to drive.
>I feel betrayed
>>
File: UTTER TRASH.jpg (218 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
UTTER TRASH.jpg
218 KB, 1280x720
>>24847161

Holy shit, so much this. Arkham Knight was a fucking disgrace. Everyone was so busy discussing the broken pc port that no one stopped to think "hey wait a minute, even if WB completely fixes it, won't it be just the same terribly mediocre, stagnant iteration that fails on many fronts like having a shoehorned Batmobile, no added combat depth and zero boss fights?"
>>
>>24844621
I play more mobile games these days than any 70$ console or PC game. There's loads of RTS which are my bread and butter and also I don't have to dump at least 6 hours into them everyday to feel any sort of progress like with 70$ games especially open-world games and RPGs.

conversely, the fact that almost all of them have "energy meters" where you can only play x times in a certain amount of time without waiting again or spending in-game currrency on it is a good incentive to break up my gaming time and make me do other things between games.
>>
File: 1446876652078.jpg (19 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1446876652078.jpg
19 KB, 306x306
>>24844621

>you're posting this from the means to download almost the entire history of video games, you could try something else
>2015 was a shit year for games to be honest. I think soon people will realize most open-world games are pretty boring.
>VR games are coming. In the next few years we'll hopefully get new experimental game types and a return of HOLY SHIT I AM PLAYING A VIDEO GAME feels that people had when they played arcade games in the early 1980s
>>
File: dammit.png (23 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
dammit.png
23 KB, 489x423
>>24847235
When I initially beat the game I didn't complete it 100% so I decided that maybe if I did the game would be better
>it wasn't
>>
File: zeus pepe.jpg (101 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
zeus pepe.jpg
101 KB, 499x499
I'm pretty good at dota, but losing isnt any fun, which is why I stack with my less-talented bros to psudo-smurf in their bracket and stomp.
It feels good knowing you just stole an entire hour of a 3rd worlder's life and there was nothing he could do about it but watch his ship sink while you assravaged his team into the ground.
I also Maplestory occasionally for a timesink, but am currently looking for another.
>>
>>24844621

Consider progressing beyond a child's taste in video games.
>>
Play Terraria faggots.
>>
I lost interest when all my friends moved on from it.

Gaming is just so boring solo. Can't play multiplayer or co-op games because it's irritating as fuck playing with pubs, and single player games are largely not challenging and poorly written so practically offer nothing.
>>
File: pepe trips.gif (188 KB, 559x373) Image search: [Google]
pepe trips.gif
188 KB, 559x373
>>24846554
>Losing to a woman
How beta does one have to be? I've actually never came across a vaginaperson good at pressing buttons as I, or any male in fact.
Is there a hidden shadow bracket in whatever games they're playing where they keep all the girls looking like they're actually good at the game?
>>
>>24844621
Bitch i lost interest in everything
>>
>>24847345
To Be Honest, I grew up with arcades in the 90s up until the very early 00s and 99% of that feeling was just of being a kid. I can replay the same games and other arcade games from that era through emulators and it's almost always very underwhelming and nothing like I remember.

Also a huge part of it was just "this is completely new and nothing like I've ever experienced in my life", which is one of the reasons why I feel bad for kids who are growing up on a different flavor of Call of Duty every year.
>>
File: IMAG005.jpg (502 KB, 1797x963) Image search: [Google]
IMAG005.jpg
502 KB, 1797x963
Try Second Life.

Pour those countless hours of amusing yourself into Creating Wonders! The picture was of my last club,DreamGardens :The Dragon's DayDream ,with textures I made,fractal flowers in made and a store where I sold animated paintings taken from GIFs. It's a huge learning curve,but there's an army of people to teach you.

And there's the cybersex too...why just rescue the Princess when you can take her home and get her new nekkid too?
>>
>>24844621
Any of you bored anons wanna lend me your xbox one?
I just wanna play Arkham Knight ;__;
>>
>>24848130
Looks nice for something made in furry fuck simulator
>>
>>24848130
Fuck off, shill. Did this post earn you an extra shekel?
>>
I haven't really played any new games in 5 years or so. don't know anything about any new games or consoles and just occasionally play on a private WoW server. I actually prefer to not care about them anymore
>>
>>24844621
Just find some good older games.
Try emulation if you haven't already.
Or get remastered games Like RE4, or getting into a series you've never tried like Megaman X.
>>
Play battletoads, normie fgt
>>
File: 1441391846743s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1441391846743s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>24844621
I gave them up it's great when i bored or stressed instead of staring at a screen all day i either state at a screen all day reading/watching things or i go on long walks (just came back from a 3 hour one because im stressed about finals or if im lucky i do something with friends

Seriously give them up, put away the desktop and transfer all your music to your laptop. Start living the life where you can not only be pretentious about video games you used to play but now you can say oh i don't play those anymore, a complete waste of time

plus video games fucking suck, it's annoying to pirate steam is cheap and easy but only for old games. All for games that give you less enjoyment then jacking off because you've played basically the same game with a different skin 12 times before.
>>
File: 1439726874087.gif (185 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1439726874087.gif
185 KB, 320x240
>>24848440
Not there anymore. The Dream has faded.

I recommend it because it helped me so much when I had no time for a real social life. It will help you.
>>
File: 1431378880271.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1431378880271.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>love rpgs
>love action games
>play the shit out of dark souls and demon's souls
>dragon's dogma is transcendent
>sengoku basara and dynasty warriors gundam are ejaculating in my ears
>I even pre-order dark souls 2, more hype than anything ever
>get it, immediately feel cheated
>latest dynasty warriors gundam is garbage water filled with dlc
>pick up black ops 2 super cheap just to have something to relate to normies
>have not bought a new video game since
I don't think i will either. I'm cautiously optimistic for dark souls 3, and I'd love to play bloodborne, but I am not buying a ps4 for two games. I just feel so dead inside lately, all video games suck.
>>
>>24845219
join master race >>24848787
>>
File: 1379695939609.gif (1 MB, 358x216) Image search: [Google]
1379695939609.gif
1 MB, 358x216
Anons, can you give me some game suggestions? I love dungeon crawlers, rpgs, and currently have a ps3, ps2, all variety of emulators, etc.
>>
Only betas lose to a roastie in vidya
>>
File: Life.png (379 KB, 600x469) Image search: [Google]
Life.png
379 KB, 600x469
>>24848995

Mainstream Releases: Dishonored, Walking Dead, Darkness II, Spec Ops The Line. Indies: Hotline Miami 1 and 2, Bastion, Transistor, Freedom Planet.
>>
File: Witcher 3 Graph.jpg (375 KB, 1524x1664) Image search: [Google]
Witcher 3 Graph.jpg
375 KB, 1524x1664
>>24848995

Oh fuck I didn't realize you mentioned dungeon crawlers and RPGs, my bad. In that case: Dark Souls 1/2, Darkest Dungeon, Xenoblade Chronicles, and the upcoming Dragon's Dogma pc port. And if you can overlook some simplified combat, Witcher 3 - although I personally hated it but seemed like everyone else loved it.
>>
>>24844933
Ever jump into the Moba Genre?
Dota 2 and League of Legends aren't exactly Pc intensive games, and have some of the best depth I've seen in ages.
Best part being that the meta constantly changes, meaning that the rules are dynamic.
>Tourny's to give your NEET life a little bit of a goal
>Limitless Depth
>Free
>Dynamic Development and Community
>Easy on the Pc
If you have the time (which you likely do) I recommend these games. Or even the Moba genre in general.
>>
>>24849317
>>24849366
>write a gigantic detailed post about each game and whether or not I would like it based on bullshit
>see your second post
>I have 2k hours in DaS1, 1k in DaS2 and 500ish in DeS
>have a perfect stats beast in the dark arisen
>bought a wii just for xenoblade and the RE4 port
I haven't played darkest dungeon, but the combat in witcher would probably drive me nuts. How is it anon?
>>
If you like 2D platformers, Shovel Knight is a great game. Bravely Default if you like JRPGs.
>>
>>24844621

if your whole life revolves around 'escapism'

it's no longer escaping
>>
>>24849506
BRAVERY DEFAULT! I've wanted to play that game for a hella long time but totally forgot what it was called. I'm going to go buy that shit right now.
>>
>>24849445
Each time I try playing these games there's just so much going on and so many items and characters and shit that I just end up giving up and getting bored of it.
>>
>>24848995
Jagged Alliance 2 1.13
>>
>>24844621
have you ever consider that maybe, just maybe, fallout 4 isn't that good?
>>
>>24849506
I forgot all about Shovel Knight, I beat it a while back and now its kinda rotting in my steam account.
Might boot it up again now that you reminded me.
Thank you based shovel robot.
>>
>>24849445
>Best part being that the meta constantly changes, meaning that the rules are dynamic.

MOBAs are shit stop endlessly wasting your time on something your going to end up quiting anyway. Stop playing Vidya.
>>
>>24849548
Airy is the main antagonist and Ringabel isn't from your universe. You have to repeat everything you did before 5 times. No one gets together and Ranger is the most overpowered class to the point where you don't have to pick anything else.
>>
>>24849552
>Jagged Alliance 2
You are a man after my own heart. How did you know I love that shit?
>>
>>24849549
You gotta invest time in it, if you want true escapism. Learn one of the games, and trust me the time will just melt away.
I mean hell, I feel pathetic for saying this but I got 2.8k hours in Dota 2 and its still interesting.
Partially due to the fact that it takes ages to truly master certain characters.
>>
>>24849605
oh boy, you sure showed him, huh!
>>
>He's one of those people that actually plays all the shitty AAA games and not just the good games.

Hey idiot, maybe you barely have any motivation to play the games because they aren't good and you don't enjoy playing them? Maybe, just maybe, you should stop playing video games? I mean, why is it that you HAVE to play video games? Can't you do something else?

Why waste your time playing games you know are shit? Do something else.
>>
>>24849596
How are they shit, seriously give me a good argument here, and not some bullshit like "If you don't know already you should quit vidya"
>>
>>24849608
A true man of genius exudes the divine even in the most mundane of exchanges.
>>
>>24844621
Recently my friend sold his console to me which came with Fallout 4, BO3, and Battlefront + about 40ish games and I can't enjoy any of them.

The only game I've even remotely binge played is Super Mystery Dungeon. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or need to take a break.
>>
File: AHHHH.png (304 KB, 499x375) Image search: [Google]
AHHHH.png
304 KB, 499x375
>>24849605
WHY?! WHY DID YOU TELL ME THAT?! You just killed all of my hype in a single post. I've been avoiding all information about it so I could enter virgin and not Dark Souls quality build with pyromancy. Fuck you, you saved me some money, but fuck you.
>>
>>24846670

>albums

fuck yourself rockist
>>
>>24849630
yeah I did.

one less unfinished game bought so I guess I'm the good guy
>>
>>24847378
delaying matches to make the pinoys on their hour time limit forced to leave is what i live for
>>
>>24849605
fucking shit man, what is up with Japan and time loops?
>>
I can only enjoy online multiplayer games these days, and even then only for like 90 mins max per session, and a total of like 3 hrs/week
>>
>>24849752
Well what happened was they couldn't afford to produce the second half of the game. So when you go to next universe it's the same but a little different dialogue. Once you break 4 crystals you need to go break them again across world 4 more times. Upon last ones, the final boss appears.
>>
>>24849752

They are desperate to return to a time when they were relevant and wealthy (the 80s)
>>
im waiting for HITMAN and M&BII. should be fun enough

i downloaded a bunch of games and theyre all boring except Besiege, pretty nice game but i dont really play

DayZ is fun also but i dont know why i dont play
>>
>>24849661
I'm saying you're going to quit video game entirely. I used to feel sad when i didn't put in like 15 hours a week into lol and when i quit i found that wow there's plenty of other things to f o. Videogames are like cigarettes each time you play them that's another 45 minutes you will never get back for a game that you won't remember.

Also lol in specific: the changing of the meta to sell characters is annoying, the trolls hold you hostage, every game is 20-60 minutes long plus the time it takes to get through queue. It's unnecessary and doesn't help you in anyway, in fact people look down on you for being an asshole playing video games everyday. Also just rito in general sucks, they can't balance shit and just kick your favorite character for the curb for an indeterminate length of time.
>>
>>24844621
>fallout 4 by Bethesda studios
>undertale

I've identified the problem, OP. You have shitty taste in games and you have been playing fucking garbage.
>>
>>24849792
There's already a Men in Black 2 game though.
>>
there's lots of games i haven't played..
i think maybe it's good i haven't played them, because the quality of new games seems to be getting worse and worse and there seems to not be much decent games...
And there's not many new PC games, most the new decent looking games are going to consoles for exclusive shekels. they've taken away modding in most PC games, which is what made PC the best.
>>
>>24849813

mount and blade 2
>>
>2015
>ever getting tired of running down the street punching normies in the face until you get shot by the police in gta 5
>>
>>24849807
new vegas > f4
>>
File: 1399142301852.gif (1015 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
1399142301852.gif
1015 KB, 500x278
Im playing vanilla wow and browsing the 'chon while i wait for tw warhammer even though it'll probably suck.
>>
You're growing up, finally

I also stopped playing games for a while now, like a year maybe
Got more into movies and music, playing videogames became a chore and I just stopped enjoying it
I also hate the whole gamer culture and every faggot in it, including /v/
>>
>tfw vidya will never be as fun as when you were a kid
>tfw will never again open up a N64 or PS1 on Christmas and spend the rest of the day playing new vidya
>tfw will never again excitedly beg your parents to take you to the store on Tuesday to purchase a newly-released game
>tfw will never explore Azeroth for the first time again

Why even live.
>>
Last game I enjoyed was the last of us 2 years ago. I can't enjoy them anymore for some reason. Drugs and the outdoors are much more enjoyable 2bhonest famfam
>>
>>24850027
>you will never rent a video game from blockbuster again
>>
>>24850058
>drugs
This tbqhfam. I used to buy into all the degenerate maymays and spend my days shitposting and being a recluse and generally being depressed until I loosened up and became a degenerate, now I'm much happier and couldn't care less about my former, broken, moral compass.
>>
>>24850290
What's your poison, anon?
Stims, alcohol, and opiates here. Occasionally smoke and drop cid
>>
>>24844621
>video game thread on /r9k/

Please fucking stop. You fucking normalfaggot plebs have utter shit taste in games.
>>
>>24850182
>when normies damage the disk and you hire it only to get home to have game freeze midway through playing
>>
>>24844621
I haven't quit altogether, but I much prefer spending my 60 bucks on a bunch of shorter and very different experiences, as a larger game often bores me after maybe 10 hours anyway. I still buy many of those expensive games anyway, but a year later when there's a deep steam sale. Then I get the discounted relevant dlc if there is some worth getting.
A big part of why I quit is that most normal games now days seem like cash grabs and I generally ignore them on principal even though I could easily afford it. As much as I'd love to keep playing some of my former favorites like call of duty etc, the dlc selling turns me right off unless I actually feel like I'm getting a full game at the start. I'm not paying 100 dollars to play it with all it's season pass bullshit content.
God damn was I ever hyped for the new star wars battlefront game too, but like usual, all it took was a quick glance at gameplay to see it was going to get old fast. I'd have had to spend 120 bucks from the start if I want everything anyway.
>>
>>24846445
Have you heard of The Last of Us?
>>
>>24850916
That's an amazing game along with uncharted games for the most part, and I don't even have a ps4. A buddy introduced me to them and let me play it through.
The controls can be a bit wonky without a mouse and keyboard, but it was too fun to let that get in the way.
>>
>>24844933
The only game out of that list that i've played is Team Fortress. Do you think you're wasting your life putting countless hours into shitty side quests?
>>
>>24844621
play world of warcraft, your troubles will be solved.
>>
Play Gothic 1 and 2, the most immersive games ever imo.
>>
Buy a Wii U and Xenoblade Chronicles X. One of the best games of the year imo
>>
If a game ever gets boring, play it with a buddy
>>
>>24849803
Dota 2 player, virtually none of these problems except for the trolls, and the 45 minute statement.
I try to have variety too, so I'm not a total Neet atleast. One day gaming, another doing something to better myself, After works hours of course.
>>
File: 1429716145262.jpg (81 KB, 406x406) Image search: [Google]
1429716145262.jpg
81 KB, 406x406
>>24844621
OP it's not the video games, it's you. If you're losing interest in something you once loved, you're changing. It can't be helped. You're deleveling. It's okay. To retain your childlike imagination and qualities is to stay at level 100. Each day for some of us, they lose a level. It's up to you to go on a journey and find yourself again; time to grind and level up OP.

>>24846577
>. It's just a bunch of the same video games tropes over and over again just with slightly better graphics.
Sounds just like books.
>>
>>24851316
>One day gaming, another doing something to better myself
no matter what you do you'll still look back and think how silly i was to play that game so much
>>
>>24851358
>no matter what you do you'll still look back and think how silly i was to play that game so much
Only c-ucks think this way. I have zero regrets about all the video games I played and finished. They have become a part of me and a part of who I am. They were my childhood, they were my everything.
I always find a way to fit video games into my life and balance it along with my other hobbies and interests. But at the end of the day, if I had to make a choice, I know what I will choose.
>>
>>24851405
What will you choose?
>>
File: letgo.png (305 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
letgo.png
305 KB, 500x500
>>24851405
>they were my everything
>>
>>24851405
Just wait, if you ever end up getting a life you figure out videogames aren't worth it. It's like giving a baby a toy to amuse itself with when everything else is 10x better. Get a girlfriend go watch netflix with her. Go to the club with friends. 2 games of dota in the time it takes to have a life changing experience isn't worth it.
>>
File: hxaxshyw21rdy3s5o1_500.jpg (92 KB, 500x698) Image search: [Google]
hxaxshyw21rdy3s5o1_500.jpg
92 KB, 500x698
>>24851460
Demons Souls for Ps3.
>>
>>24851337
Gotta love those book graphics
>>
>>24851489
>Just wait, if you ever end up getting a life you figure out videogames aren't worth it.
I've tried to integrate myself into having a "life" and keeping busy. It was shit
>It's like giving a baby a toy to amuse itself with when everything else is 10x better.
This is such an elementary analogy. Would you not have thought of anything besides comparing it to the vague definition of a "game" to toy? If you don't like video games that is okay, it's not your thing. But insulting it is uncalled for. An infants toy is nothing likened to that of a complex game.
>Get a girlfriend go watch netflix with her.
Myself comes before others. I need to make sure I am in good condition before I start taking responsibility for the lives of others. I also don't feel like babysitting a woman and being on end to keep her happy while she whines about how boring Lord of The Rings is. Also I have Netflix and can watch it and enjoy the shows by myself.
>Go to the club with friends.
Why would I want to hear music that is not of my tastes, be around people doing drugs, getting disgustingly drunk, doing stupid things while intoxicated and being highly sexual? I would rather go on a mountain hike or go to concerts as I've done before by myself.
>2 games of dota in the time it takes to have a life changing experience isn't worth it.
Life changing experience? You act as if life changing experiences happen all the time. I know one common life changing experience that happens after parties and clubs: car accidents. And that is something I don't need in my life.
There is nothing lifechanging about getting shitfaced, sorry, if you think I have not left my room before, you are wrong. Museums, live performances, traveling to other countries, spending time with nature, indulging in literature, creating my own literature; these are things I have experienced on my own, and they are far better than going to clubs, you uncultured savage.
>>
>>24844621
gaming has been shit lately. itll come back. I just got into online poker, been getting some decent money too
>>
>>24851692
>The anger that comes with denial sets in

First of all yes a game is like a toy it has no connection or use anywhere else it's meant to entertain and nothing else. (inb4 good for your brain, well so is communicating with friends, sex, and pretty much everything else) Also getting shitfaced isn't required to go to the club, it shows how much experience you have with it. Third yes doing social things was what i was saying, but from your list you don't do anything social on the regular.

Fouth:
>I also don't feel like babysitting a woman and being on end to keep her happy while she whines about how boring Lord of The Rings is.
I love this website, but since you probably can't understand why i'll spoon feed it to you. Women are just as desperate as men, they are very emotional in fact more emotional then men. If you find a good one they will want to keep you happy and it won't be a one way relationship. But that would require 1. not being horrendous to look at 2. not being a loser 3. actually meeting her 4. not being out shadowed by a guy worth his salt which seems unlikely from your defense of video games.
>>
File: gtfonormieeee.jpg (53 KB, 378x380) Image search: [Google]
gtfonormieeee.jpg
53 KB, 378x380
>>24844621
I just bought myself a wii u and going to play all the zeldas and marios and other good nintendos again. honestly competitive gaming for consoles is fucking shit right now and that is what i loved. I never got into pc gaming sadly at least they still have dota lol and csgo. console has nothing. h5 shit, siege shit, blops shit. Did fucking normies kill gaming?
>>
>>24851905
tl;dr be Chad or die-
>>
>>24851945
Video games killed video games. It's a dying media for teenage boys what do you expect.
>>
>>24846670
dank bro. lemme guess. dark side of the moon? blaze up 420 faggot
>>
>>24844621
As you get older it is hard to get into single player games, i think because we have all played every type of single player there is. What you need to get into is multiplayer online. The experience is never the same, its energizing to dominate people and be the best. It is the pinnacle of gaming. If you look to single player for entertainment you are a fucking pleb.
>>
>>24844621
Play better games.
>Mount and Blade
>early Total War
>Fallout New Vegas
>Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Everything that came out after 08 has been a letdown.
>>
>>24851951
No you don't need to be chad you just shouldn't be a fucking loser. The fact that you go to that huge leap in logic show deep inside your safe comfortable pathetic way living you are. Try it don't worry about playing games for like a week, tell yourself you just won't do it. It's liberating it's no longer part of your subconscious it's just gone, it's honestly a addiction that only stopping will allow you to truly reflect on how worthless it is.
>>
>>24844621

Yes. I'm 24 and have been playing games since i was like 5. Try smoking weed, that helps you get into it more.
>>
I for one stopped playing vidya years ago thanks to games becoming samey, being screwed by the industry with day 1 DLC shit and all sorts of other junk, and SJW nonsense.
>>
>>24851945
dude me too. I think I am going to full autism and start practicing and running OoT speedruns.
>>
>>24847378
>>24849734
>getting off on pissing off 10 year old filipino kids
a truly pathetic existence, very sad indeed.
>>
>>24851905
>First of all yes a game is like a toy it has no connection or use anywhere else it's meant to entertain and nothing else
Novels don't have a connection to anywhere else either. Reading at a 4th grade reading level isn't anything to brag about. And a toy is not a game, a toy is an object that is what you make of it. A game is combined with many objectives and interactions that you can't get with staring at a toy.
>it shows how much experience you have with it.
Then please enlighten me about how not idiotic it is to waste your time at a club, as far as all the people I know who go to clubs always come back with the dumbest stories of how they stuck their faces in someone elses boobs or was twerking.
>but from your list you don't do anything social on the regular.
My list is having actual interests and hobbies. Going to clubs isn't a hobby or interest and is least productive and more destructive than video games. Honestly, there is absolutely nothing good about going to a club without ulterior motives.

>they are very emotional in fact more emotional then men
This is their problem, they won't shut the fuck up about themselves.
>they will want to keep you happy and it won't be a one way relationship.
Oh right because cooking meals and folding my shirts is really going to make me happy. Then afterwards they expect gifts and for me to listen to their whining, drive them around, cater to their interests even though they have not to mine. I'm the wrong person you want to tell about women to anon, I know more about them and have dealt with them on levels that would disgust you.
>1. not being horrendous to look at 2. not being a loser 3. actually meeting her
1. I'm not going to get plastic surgery so I can please a woman. 2. Loser is subjective in the social sense. 3. I meet women in person all the time
> 4. seems unlikely from your defense of video games.
I already told you to keep your opinions to yourself if you have nothing correct to say.
>>
>>24852037
Hey faggot my response is right here >>24852128

Can you really not tell the difference? Sounds like you've been to too many clubs.
>>
>>24852037
Pretty sure you're worthless too, so yeah.
>>
The trick is to stop playing shitty western trash, most importantly.

Then, you only play Japanese games that you actually want to play.

The only thing coming out this month you should care about is Yakuza 5. That should have enough content to last you a while. Do other shit aside from playing video games, you gay-ass nerd.
>>
>>24851945
>tfw you got into LoL almost 5 years ago
I can't even touch other MOBAs because it takes so fucking long to unlock the heroes.
>>
all games made in the past 10 years are shit prove me wrong
>>
>>24852183
As a gamer, they're not all shit. But most of them are. You really need to wade in a pool of shit to find the good ones. The quality has indeed decreased, probably because they're too focused on utilizing the graphics.
>>
I'm an INFP so I'm immune to a lack of wonder.

The disadvantage to that is I cannot develop intellectually as well as others. Not handicapped just constantly distracted by emotion and humanistic concepts.
>>
Losing the ability to derive joy from your hobbies is a symptom of depression

I'm a gun nut, it used to bring me immense joy just to hold one of my guns, now I can't motivate myself to walk across the room and mess with one
>>
Learn japanese so you can play more games ya dingus.
>>
>>24852128
Never said shit about novels, but at least they have an end and aren't socially rejected.

Sleeping with random women is a waste but time spent meeting new people and getting better at interacting with people is actually productive. And again the club was just an example.

And that who thing with women like where do i even begin. It's like someone successfully convinced you women have cooties. Okay first:
>Implying
>implying
>implying
to every false assumptions you made about women

>Oh right because cooking meals and folding my shirts is really going to make me happy. Then afterwards they expect gifts and for me to listen to their whining, drive them around, cater to their interests even though they have not to mine. I'm the wrong person you want to tell about women to anon, I know more about them and have dealt with them on levels that would disgust you.

You must watch a lot of soap operas or something because this isn't how it works in real life kiddo, she doesn't cook and clean for you this isn't mad men.

>1. I'm not going to get plastic surgery so I can please a woman. 2. Loser is subjective in the social sense. 3. I meet women in person all the time
kek, kek, kek

>I already told you to keep your opinions to yourself if you have nothing correct to say.
kek

>>24852155
I am, thanks
>>
>anyone else starting to lose interest in videogames in general?

>proceeds too list only the most memeist fotm shit

>wonders why he is losing interest

learn to think for yourself and look for games on your own without the influence of what you see posted all the time on the internet
>>
>>24852237
Is it weird if I like cleaning my weapons more than shooting them sometimes?
>>
>>24852367
I'm kind of the same, I enjoy shooting them, but something about their engineering is what really gets my rocks off.

Or did, I should say
>>
When I lost interest in video games I turned to visual novels.
It gets monotone when you start playing VNs every day but every once in a while it's a good way to forget real life exists, and completing them 100% will take a lot of time usually. Right now I'm playing Demonbane, it's like the third or fourth VN I've played this year but I've wasted at least 100 hours on them already.
>>
File: 1449339133487_2.jpg (12 KB, 208x208) Image search: [Google]
1449339133487_2.jpg
12 KB, 208x208
>400 steam games alone
>not even counting console games
>barely play anymore yet I keep buying them
>>
>>24852443
Liberate yourself. stop playing games. Stop associating with these idiots.
>>
>>24852237
No a lot of recent games are legitimately shitty.
Also OP may not know how to find good games. The days of Nintendo Power and Gamepro are long gone. The main source of information on new games is opinionated faggots and paid shills from the internet.

OP doesn't have friends so he ends up listening to fags from /v/ like >>24852172 who hate everything NOT JAPANEESU.
>>
>>24852417
Same, dude. I started to realize that I honestly didn't really care about the gameplay elements and was more interested in the story of things. If there was good gameplay but a shitty story I really couldn't get into a game.

The visual novels I really got hooked on were higurashi and umineko, the story, characters and soundtrack made those VNs pretty much unforgettable to me.
>>
>>24852363
>but at least they have an end and aren't socially rejected.
Irrelevant. Whatever happens socially has nothing to do with your happiness and fulfillment as a person. And it definitely does not constitute success.
> time spent meeting new people and getting better at interacting with people is actually productive
Not productive at all unless you are networking for business and career matters. Otherwise you're doing absolutely nothing important. Next.
>to every false assumptions you made about women
Alright, hate to break it to you, but I am a woman, and I am always around women. They don't hide their true faces, they speak what they actually mean. So all that shit about them being entitled or belittling men and using them? All true. I hear it from their own mouths. Doubt you, a literal man would ever know unless you were gay. You think a woman is going to tell you the truth? She'll lie to get you to give her attention and lie to get your money. Don't fool yourself kiddo.

>She doesn't cook and clean for you this isn't mad men.
Then what fucking use is she? Sex? Unnecessary. I'd rather not hear her daily bullshit. It's hard to find a woman these days with actual interests and not netflix n chill or drinking.

Kek is not an argument, so if you're not going to refute it then I'm correct. What you stated are what men need to do to please women, essentially meaning you'll be putting more effort into the relationship than the woman trying to even get her to look at you for more than 2 minutes. A loser defined by society does not govern your happiness. Actually you'd probably be a much better person if you aren't listening to "Turn Down For What" or complaining about gender roles.
And lastly, as I stated before my reasoning, I am an active person. Not a NEET. I have a job, I go to college, I have my interests that I engage in inside and outside of my home. I know what social life is like, and I have heard and seen enough of the "club" life or "bar" life.
>>
>>24852443
I hope those are good games from the past. Please don't tell me you bought 400 indie games.
>>
>>24852471
I'm probably going to just stop buying them until I get through my backlog which will be never. I play vidya about 2 hours like every other day so it isn't too bad. Finally gonna get my reading done I think.
>>
File: 1390251315898.png (1 MB, 1098x947) Image search: [Google]
1390251315898.png
1 MB, 1098x947
>Did Uni living at home with no job, played video games 5 days a week
>Get completely sick of video games
>Finished degree, immediately got a job
>Suddenly working 36+ hours a week
>No time for games because I need to do work at home as well
>Suddenly enjoy games a lot more when I can play them.

Huh... seems like there's some sort of correlation between doing something too much and getting bored of it.

Who would have thunk.

Do something else for awhile until you actually feel the urge to play something. Forcing yourself is the worst thing you can do.
>>
>>24852531
Some are indie shit from humble but most are old RPG's and shit.
>>
>>24852558
On my 3 month vacation from Uni I played video games every single day, woke up at 8am and went to sleep after 18-20 hours. I didn't get tired of it at all. Maybe it's because it was an MMO.
>>
I lost interest in games for a while a few years ago when I was about 25. Took a break to just focus on my art and would seldomly play them. It just seemed like so many games that are open world gave you so much shit to do that it felt daunting to pick them up and play for an hour. Now I only play a few games with my friend that lives out of state once or twice a week because it's the only thing we can do together. It's fun playing with someone else and most of the time we just play whatever free indie game came out for PS+ that month.

If I play a game by myself, I usually get this incredible sense of guilt because I know I should be painting instead. Then I just get depressed and don't want to play anymore.
>>
File: bluemountain.jpg (364 KB, 680x800) Image search: [Google]
bluemountain.jpg
364 KB, 680x800
>>24852482

The only good games released in the past 10 years or so have been Japanese. All of the terrible trends that have ruined the hobby emerged from the west anyway, and the west never made much of anything good in the first place. The only GREAT western games I can think of are Doom, System Shock 2 and maybe Half-Life.

The west has all sorts of good media (all of the best television, film and literature is from the west), but video games? Please just kill yourself.
>>
>>24852443
>gets raped wageslaving only to waste rape money on games he doesn't even play.
wagekvcks are truly dumb
>>
>>24852595

You probably have some degree of an addictive personality, or you didn't get sick of them by burning yourself out on them like a lot of us 20 somethings when we were teens.
>>
>>24844621
It's not like you have to like every game. Normies ruined most of them anyways so you're not missing out on much.
>>
>>24852636
Work part time from my folks house, hardly getting "raped" there bud
>>
File: gta is kill.jpg (128 KB, 1279x720) Image search: [Google]
gta is kill.jpg
128 KB, 1279x720
I just want to say RIP GTA.
The ultimate freestyle REMOVE NORMIE simulator has become an online game for normies to buy stuff with real money.

Who needs $20 expansions with a full story campaign when you can sell absolutely nothing for $99.99 USD
>>
>>24852693
still a waste, especially when u can pirate it all for free. faggot give me the money, i'll make wiser decisions with money, you obviously have no sense of management.
>>
What was the last game you played?

DA: I, last year
>>
>gamergate fails
>normies win
>Japanese game makers literally not shipping games to US
>games slowly getting more bland, homogenized, and PC
>you're starting to realize that games are becoming worse and worse
>meme-tier games are showered with praise and cutting edge games are completely ignored

Don't say we didn't warn you
>>
>>24852750
Bloodborne. Monday.
>>
>tfw you'll never meet a gf in WoW
>tfw you'll never lose your virginity
>>
>>24852530
>Irrelevant. Whatever happens socially has nothing to do with your happiness and fulfillment as a person. And it definitely does not constitute success.
>Not productive at all unless you are networking for business and career matters. Otherwise you're doing absolutely nothing important. Next.
In denial, humans are social creatures knowing who and how to talk to people is a vital part of life unless you want to continue just playing video games and nothing else for the rest of your life

>I am a woman
Even if i did believe that you sound like a chubby girl who thinks too highly of herself. Decent women don't come your way.

>Then what fucking use is she? Sex? Unnecessary. I'd rather not hear her daily bullshit. It's hard to find a woman these days with actual interests and not netflix n chill or drinking.
They are used to help you out and in return you help them out. Hopefully you aren't dating yourself and you get exposed to different experinces and hobbies. Also they should be good at something that is useful to you. I want someone who will push me to do the things i should do and in return i will help them do what ever they want me to do. If it had no purpose other then momentary pleasure it would be not better then jacking off but it isn't.

Do I really need to argue over you saying to not look horrendous you need plastic surgery, or saying that being a loser is according to the frame of reference. Something only people in denial resort to."Well in some cultures being fat is beautiful" well then fuck of to that culture because no one considers you beautiful here and that's what matters.

This started out as trashing video games but wow somehow this has gotten into trashing your personal life. This is fun.
>>
>>24852733
Yeah that sounds like a deal. Give me your bank info and social and ill wire it to you.
>>
>>24844621
You're just getting older, which is a good thing when you bring an attractive woman over and she won't think you're a loser who wastes his time playing games.
>>
File: 1431646369528.png (212 KB, 386x362) Image search: [Google]
1431646369528.png
212 KB, 386x362
>>24849803
>Videogames are like cigarettes each time you play them that's another 45 minutes you will never get back for a game that you won't remember.
>>
>>24844621

Here's what i do ;

>get bored with gaming
>play guitar, watch movies or anime, read books or draw for a while
>over half the time, the enjoyment from video games comes back again
>>
>>24852829
>knowing who and how to talk to people is a vital part of life
There's no denial, you learn how to do this in elementary school. If you didn't I'd get your head checked.
>Even if i did believe that
Yeah, as if you can actually classify a persons physical appearance based on the words they type.
>They are used to help you out and in return you help them out. Hopefully you aren't dating yourself and you get exposed to different experinces and hobbies. Also they should be good at something that is useful to you. I want someone who will push me to do the things i should do and in return i will help them do what ever they want me to do. If it had no purpose other then momentary pleasure it would be not better then jacking off but it isn't.
Sounds like a childish codependency. You don't need anybody to do anything for you, take care of yourself.
>Something only people in denial resort to
I'm not in denial, you need to stop assuming that. I have not mentioned my looks or "some cultures" nor have I said anything about weight. It's like as soon as I say my gender you start adding in physical appearance, first you assume I'm chubby, then you use "fat is beautiful" as an example.

This is less of trashing my personal life and more of you making an ass of yourself.
>>
>>24844621

fallout 4 is shit
>>
>>24844621
take a long break from playing them seriously and frequently, or even at all
when you come back, it will be easier for you to appreciate vidya, it's still a part of you which is why you keep trying to enjoy it, but you've overdone it and burned it out. also, you'll find new interests along the way, as long as you look seriously
>>
File: doa xtreme 3.jpg (47 KB, 504x283) Image search: [Google]
doa xtreme 3.jpg
47 KB, 504x283
>>24852755
Japan doesn't care about Amerimonkeys.
>get translator to interpret burger runes
>"ooga booga sexist"
>fat retards that don't speak my language hate my game? wow i sure give a fuck
>>
>>24853034
I've tried this multiple times, and it didn't work.

I just can't get into gaming again. I think the biggest reason is wageslaving, it takes so much time that I struggle justifying spending my sparse free time on a game.

Not that fucking around online is any better, but there's no time commitment.
>>
>>24844621
Play old games. I'm a loser who only this year found out how great every metal gear game was. I'm sure there are actual gems from the past that someone with taste could find.

Or you could sink your life into an mmo.
>>
>>24844933

Have you not tried jumping into dark souls?

Seriously....
Seriously.
>>
>>24852988
>There's no denial, you learn how to do this in elementary school. If you didn't I'd get your head checked.
You don't learn how to make people like you in elementary school, tell me how many people like you? Or are those people just the mindless pigs or something. Everyone has an excuse for why they aren't doing better in life.

>Yeah, as if you can actually classify a persons physical appearance based on the words they type.
So spot on?

>Sounds like a childish codependency. You don't need anybody to do anything for you, take care of yourself.
What a waste of a life, never growing, never interacting with people. Just playing fucking dota.

>then you use "fat is beautiful" as an example.
Yes because it's a parallel to the idea that what's defined as good or bad isn't good or bad in every culture or whatever you were saying. Are metaphors making you mad?

>This is less of trashing my personal life and more of you making an ass of yourself.
Oh no, all i've done is tell you why i think video games are a waste of time and you got mad. You seem to be playing this way cooler in your own head.
>>
>>24844621

Don't play just-AAA-shit. Play some old gems too. You'll find them alot more fun
>>
>>24853071
you should be striving towards something flexible and fulfilling that allows to live a robotish lifestyle as well as pay the bills
this is the only reason you should ever wageslave, in pursuit of that goal
otherwise it's already over for you
>>
>>24853104
>You don't learn how to make people like you in elementary school, tell me how many people like you?
>What a waste of a life, never growing, never interacting with people. Just playing fucking dota.
Honestly, I've said enough to let you know that I'm perfectly social, but through experience I can determine which interactions are insignificant.
>So spot on?
My physical appearance isn't relevant, but you're wrong anyways.
>Yes because it's a parallel to the idea that what's defined as good or bad isn't good or bad in every culture or whatever you were saying. Are metaphors making you mad?
Point is that isn't even relevant to what we are talking about because I never said anything about it. You made up that argument by yourself and are arguing with yourself about that.
>Oh no, all i've done is tell you why i think video games are a waste of time and you got mad. You seem to be playing this way cooler in your own head.
Like I said, you're making an ass of yourself. This isn't even an argument anymore, you're just trying to insult me or something.

I told you that I am well established and have an abundance of experiences the average person doesn't have (from the people I've spoken to about my experiences they tell me I'm lucky). However, I have distinguished that as a hobby, video games are no more a waste of time than reading a book, watching a movie, talking to a person about "social events" and reading a book etc.
It is also technically wrong to say a toy is a game or like one.
>>
>>24853212
>Honestly, I've said enough to let you know that I'm perfectly social, but through experience I can determine which interactions are insignificant.
you really haven't. You sounds like a person with maybe on or two close friends, highschool, no boyfriends.

>My physical appearance isn't relevant, but you're wrong anyways.
sure

>Point is that isn't even relevant to what we are talking about because I never said anything about it. You made up that argument by yourself and are arguing with yourself about that.
it is relent you said don't just say kek so i said it was an argument people made when in denial and give a example to clarify.

>Like I said, you're making an ass of yourself. This isn't even an argument anymore, you're just trying to insult me or something.
It's honestly not, if you look back the only low blow was assuming you didn't have a life >>24851489 which you even confirmed you didn't consider yourself as having one when you replied. Since then it's been a back and forth over the points of women, video games being like baby toys, and the club. You're just making a fool of yourself defending something that's impossible to defend with shitty logic and trying to turn the argument on me. Other then that i gave a reason as to why you didn't know what most girls would behave like in a relationship and that's because just like 90% of the people on here you aren't physically attractive and therefore wouldn't associate with them.
>>
>>24844621
Happened to me a good 3 years ago op i feel your pain the last time i had fun playing a video game was when i replayed metro 2033
>>
>be me
>buy Dark souls for five bucks on summer sale
>two years later
>still haven't got to Anor Londo

Dark Souls is the game for me
>>
>>24853428
>you really haven't.
I have said quite a lot and there's nothing more to that.
>i said it was an argument people made when in denial and give a example to clarify.
You have no evidence or fact to support the claim that what I said is what people say in denial. In fact "culture" and beauty standards are horrendously far from our topic and cannot be compared, especially since they aren't tangible.
>which you even confirmed you didn't consider yourself as having one when you replied
I confirmed I did have one.
>You're just making a fool of yourself defending something that's impossible to defend with shitty logic and trying to turn the argument on me.
Nope, that's just your opinion that gets in the way of fact and cannot be swayed or altered. You dislike video games so arguing further is pointless. I stated objective truths whether you like it or not. Lastly you've barely been arguing and have been focusing on trying to hash out insults, in which I responded to those as well. Anyways, there is no reason why I have direct personal relationships with women and not know what they behave like in a relationship when they have no reason to hide things from me as a friend and fellow woman. You're probably a kek, and what I look like is irrelevant since relationships aren't all about attractiveness either. You sound like all your examples came off from the internet because in the real world most people look like shit or average but that doesn't stop them from developing relationships.

Whatever social life you have is less than productive and has only given you fallacies. Try studying real knowledge for once in your life. See you.
>>
>>24849561
>>24849506
Shovel Knight is seriously one of my favorite games of the past couple years. Just great platforming with no bullshit.
>>
File: image.png (196 KB, 339x319) Image search: [Google]
image.png
196 KB, 339x319
>>24845339
Augustine is a bit of a humblebragging fuccboi tho
>>
>>24844621
most video games are boring anyway,
>>
>>24853604
> 2. Loser is subjective in the social sense
That's a argument people use when they think of them self as being above culture, they are almost always in denial and are either below it or equal to it.

>I confirmed I did have one
And then you said you stopped meaning at this present time you consider yourself to not have a life as per "I've tried to integrate myself into having a "life" and keeping busy. It was shit"

> I stated objective truths whether you like it or not.
Name one objective truth stated in this argument by you, Hardmode: it has to be a objective truth about video games.

>You sound like all your examples came off from the internet because in the real world most people look like shit or average but that doesn't stop them from developing relationships.
What examples? What examples that included forming relationships? Was it my idea of what a good relationship would look like? I'm confused and if so you really need to spend time around people in relationships because that's what i see them doing whether it works or not, they help each other according to what they are good at.

>Whatever social life you have is less than productive and has only given you fallacies. Try studying real knowledge for once in your life. See you.
You are literally the dumbest i never used a fallacy, i only pointed your use of anecdotal evidence
>>
>>24853604
you remind me of myself in the 9th grade, thought i was so smart. Tried arguing with people older then me and just kind of tried to say no i won you lost despite me complexly losing. You'll get there one day.
>>
Play CS:GO and never be good enough to stop playing
>>
>>24853989
>you remind me of myself in the 9th grade, thought i was so smart. Tried arguing with people older then me and just kind of tried to say no i won you lost despite me complexly losing. You'll get there one day.
nigga who da fuck are you
>>
>>24854063
I'm me bitch
>>
>>24854103
you mad shady nigga
>>
File: help.jpg (23 KB, 456x628) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
23 KB, 456x628
>haven't beaten a game in a year aside from playing Paper Mario again

what's happening to me?
>>
It's called growing up, faggot.
>>
>>24845261
Not >>24844716, but if you feel like they are all the same then you've probably watched the wrong ones, anon. I've seen more than 100, yet I still find anime enjoyable, though these days I mostly just rewatch older series.
>>
i play the same shit games (coh2 csgo gw2 arma 3) and ive barely just upgraded to dx12 and 64 bit a few days ago to be able to play more games
>>
>>24844621

Witcher 3 is really good, you should give that a go.
>>
>>24844621
i think its time to start programming
>>
File: 1448833738017.png (397 KB, 912x802) Image search: [Google]
1448833738017.png
397 KB, 912x802
The games are over, friend.
>>
>>24844621
I just watched a let's play with Epic Mickey's boss fights, a walktrough of Earthworm Jim 2 and got reminded that Deception (that game where you put torture traps in a haunted castle) exists.

The interest is still there, but in other sense.

>videogames
>playing them
>2015
>>
>>24853649
Couldn't agree more, he's fucking insufferable.
>>
>>24846549
requesting lifetime bam for this nigger.
>>
I quit playing video games 2 years ago after they started to slowly get more and more boring
I don't regret it one bit, I've saved shitloads of money and time and I've become more of an extrovert
>>
>>24851337
>Sounds just like books.

If you're reading shitty genre fiction.
>>
>>24844933
I love Tomb Raider Anniversary.
Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.