[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people afford LA Miami or nyc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
How do people afford LA Miami or nyc
>>
>>24843380
They're not neets
>>
>>24843380
Add MD, DC, n VA to the list as well.. proportional pay / not being a basement dwelling kek is how m8
>>
>>24843525
Basement dwelling Kek **
>>
>>24843540
Fuck me. Kek!
>>
>>24843552
Cvck? What the fuck I'm on a plane and southwest bans /b/ so I'm here.. is there some sort of shit thay replaces Cvck with Kek ?
>>
So if I just go there and work full time I'll be good
>>
>>24843576
hownu.ru
>>
>>24843701
you'll definitely survive
>>
gibsmedats and jews
>>
>>24843380
People can afford Louisiana quite easily.
>>
Professional people live in the cities. Doctors lawyers celebrities and so on. The poor people live in the poorer outskirts that are technically different cities but still "attached" to the big city. They drive 45mins to an hour to actually get to the big city.
>>
>>24843784
So you mean like San Bernardino how that is to LA? That still doesn't sound bad.
>>
>>24843849
San Bernardino is nowhere near Louisiana.
>>
>tfw no city bf to let me live in his apartment as his personal maid
>>
better question, why would they want to?

LA is a shithole filled with human vermin, Miami (or just florida in general) has horrible humid weather and shitty bugs all over, and NYC is just London but with Americans.
>>
>>24844066
This.
Central United States is better. I live in s rural but nice place close to the woods and big hills and wonderful scenery. Its the perfect getaway from city normies.
>>
>>24843784
There's also section8 all over the cities to make them more diverse so it doesn't look like it's just a wealthy city for white people only.

Then there are the trendy young people who pack 3 or 4 people into a studio apartment so they can say they live in the city.
>>
>>24844130
I'd aim for the same if I was in the US
Never been a fan of big cities
the people are all around arrogant, everything is overpriced, and it takes all the fun out of driving
>>
>>24844066
I can't even look at Europeans

They're all grey skins
>>
NYCfag here

>don't live in the more iconic neighborhoods
>education is crucial for any non industrial/fast food job
>spend your money fiscally, shopping at Costco is a great thing for robots and normies alike
>refrain from using taxis or automobiles, get one of those timed MTA cards
>don't breed (an automatic check for robots)

Also it's basically run by normies and/or minorities, avoid hipster hellholes like Williamsburg or Astoria, shits expensive af yo
>>
>>24844252
I don't know what you mean by grey skins
>>
>>24844158
Is that the only way to afford it? 3 people in a studio sounds like a NYC thing or something a bunch of stoner kids with part time jobs do.
>>
>>24843576
Spotted the retard. Looks like we all know who the basement dwelling faggot is.
>>
File: image.jpg (598 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
598 KB, 1600x1200
>>24844066
Live in LA (Hollywood) can confirm. LA's shitty but it does have its charm (although not much), areas like Santa Monica, Malibu are nice (if you can ignore the snobby rich people). The Valley sucks, I grew up there. My favorite area is Topanga. It's this town inside of all of these mountains and canyons and there's tons of areas to hike and nice little restaurants. Whenever I drive through there I always feel like I'm in some small secluded place away from all the craziness of the valley and everywhere else around here.

I've always wanted to try living in NYC but it's so expensive. Even though it's a shithole I think I could probably appreciate and enjoy it. I love the idea of being able to walk around at 5am and find stuff to do/places to eat. The only thing that would upset me is the lack of nature-ish stuff (besides Central Park)

I might be moving to Miami In a couple months, I'd be living with family so rent, if any, would be affordable. I'd be living in a town called Surfside. Any other robots live there? What's it like?
>>
>>24844254
What if you aren't qualified for a lot? I have high school and a vocational program in a useless field and some college I woiuldnt really mind if I had to work full time jobs and only have enough to eat after rent
>>
>>24844346
You could probably try an industrial job that doesn't require much, just be prepared for long commutes
>>
File: LA.png (937 KB, 1246x322) Image search: [Google]
LA.png
937 KB, 1246x322
>>24843380
judging from aerial view, like most densely populated areas of earth, just run around with a raging boner, squirting jizz on everything that moves
>>
>>24844394
Forgot to mention that the expenses aren't as bad as people make it out to be, say you make 29k a year, taking off rent expenses that's about 13.4k (using this as a reference: http://streeteasy.com/rental/1691200 ) left for you, which you could do whatever with.
>>
>>24844459
Not sure about Miami but I'm pretty sure most LA/NY-ers would beat your ass to a pulp if you tried that
>>
>>24843849
No he means Southcentral/San Gabriel Valley/San Fernando Valley to go to Central LA or the Westside
>>
Live with parents or apartment-mates.
>>
>>24844307

>hatin' on the valley

fuck you nigga
>>
>>24843380
For most people, they spend more than 50% of their take home on rent.

No ideal, but that's the price to pay if you want to live somewhere desirable. I live in Vancouver and it's the same here. Most people are either housepoor, or rentpoor
>>
>>24844686
the valley is shit tho t b h
>>
I make like 53k and live in LA. My studio is really small, but you can't beat 900 a month with utilities.
>>
>>24843380
they live with their parents/off their parent's money until they become homeless or die

t. i live in la with my parents
>>
>>24844686
Car-less people are fucked in the valley. The only regular bus service in the valley is on Ventura and Van Nuys blvds, also that OrangeLine busway, otherwise the bus runs rarely throughout the day and stops after 7pm or so.

Here in West LA there is 24 hour frequent bus service east-west, often till 10pm-midnight in other areas, and the whole Santa Monica-Venice area is very walkable and lots of interesting places to stroll through . When I was in Sherman Oaks it was just miles and miles or boring streets, except for that cozy area by Chandler blvd, and of course the winding hilly streets south of Ventura where the super richfags live.
>>
>>24843380
Everything costs more but most people make more. And for those of us who don't, we live far away from work.

I live in LA (and have 8 minutes before I get off work so I'll make this quick). I make about 55k/year (accounting). My Steam friend from Kentucky thinks I'm rich since I make 2x more than him. I'm not "rich", not even close. I can't afford to live in LA so I live about 20 miles away and have a 1 bedroom apartment and commute in every day.

Even though I make 55k and he makes 30k, we both have about the same amount of actual "wealth".

The best strategy to living here is to live as far below your means as possible. Live with roommates, eat ramen and crap food for a few years and build a savings base. Then move to a different part of the country. Say that I was smart and lived like this out of college when I was 22 and the day I was 30 decided to say "fuck this shit, I'm out".

I would have built up a savings bank of about 200k. You can barely get a 1 bed/1ba condo around here for that but in the South or other places you could set yourself up with a nice house.

Unfortunately I realized this a few years too late. I'm trying to start now but it would have been better had I started 5 years ago.

C'est la vie.
>>
>>24843940
Here's your (you).
I'm sure you thought you were clever but nobody thinks that "LA" refers to Louisiana. It's like the college football fags in the SEC who think "USC" means South Carolina. Your part of the country is irrelevant, deal with it.
>>
Any female robots in New York that want to go out with me to a very public place and go on a blind date?
I'm so lonely, I just want to make a girl feel special and loved.
>>
>>24844972
tl;dr you are normie as fuck gtfo
>>
File: winter paradise.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1408) Image search: [Google]
winter paradise.jpg
325 KB, 1920x1408
Isn't Alaska hard to live in as well?
I heard land and property is cheap but goods are expensive af
>>
>>24845044
Not even him
waaaaaaaah people with actual jobs post here, this isn't muh seekrit club no more waaaaaaaaaah
Back to your blanket thread, kid.
>>
>>24845103
you can go too kek defender. you niggers have no idea what being a robot is obviously and there are plenty of other boards for you to shit up
>>
>>24845139
What the fuck is your issue? He offered only information entirely relevant to the thread and didn't even mention his friends or any sort of relationship partner. If you're going to be a whiny bitch because not everybody is a pathetic, worthless NEET like you, fuck off to the NEET containment threads.
>>
>>24845139
waaaaaaaaaaaah
NEETs gonna bleat.
waaaaaaaaaaaah
>>
>>24843849
Lol, no, more like riverside
>>
>>24843701
Roomates help too.
>>
>>24844556

What about regular expenses like food? Insurance? Utilities? Going out money?
>>
File: 1449334645568.jpg (91 KB, 1437x908) Image search: [Google]
1449334645568.jpg
91 KB, 1437x908
>>24845103
>>24845181

we are here for you
>>
NYC here

>moved young, right out of college
>sales (not retail duh)
>live semi boho in then cheap Brooklyn
>make money, live beneath my means, save
>invest in real estate in my adopted neighborhood

tfw when you now live in a multi-million dollar townhouse
>>
>>24845342
This pic would have relevance if the original NEET hadn't sperged out in jealousy that the one anon had a professional job.
Back to your blanket thread, shoo shoo.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.