[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suicide, arguments for/against, go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: received_943368422379290.jpg (41 KB, 600x1066) Image search: [Google]
received_943368422379290.jpg
41 KB, 600x1066
Suicide, arguments for/against, go
>>
If you kill yourself you won't be able to shitpost on 4 chan anymore
>>
It all ends with death.
>>
all arguments are strictly personal anon.
I believe there are personal circumstances when suicide is the only way out and I, in principle, wouldn't deny someone this right or judge them for choosing it.

Still, there's no checklist, no law and no external observation that can determine these circumstances. Only you can do that.

But if you think others can give you "pros and cons" for suicide then maybe you shouldn't do it because there's still a bit you need to learn about yourself. you should know the answer
>>
>>24842694
this desu

dont do it
>>
Every place you've ever been would have been different without you, anon. Including here.

We'll miss you.
>>
>>24842947
>Every place you've ever been would have been different without you
not if you're a wallflower (or a lurker)
>>
You're gonna die anyways
>>
For: It's your life, and at the end of the day you have the power to make decisions for yourself.

Against: This is all you get, and it's oblivion forever once it's over. Why throw it all away and not see if it really does improve later?
>>
>>24842678
if you're not in constant physical pain or paralyzed or some shit then it's pretty stupid tbhfam
>>
>>24842678
You're a piece of shitty shit
>>
File: skulls.jpg (41 KB, 600x369) Image search: [Google]
skulls.jpg
41 KB, 600x369
>>24842678
For:
Existence is a trap.
It's the only way out.
You leave on your own accord, it's your own choice, not some genetic mishap in a cell that turn on your body and starts replicating and finally kills you, not some freak accident where your brain is ejected from your head, not some balloon popping in your head, sealing your fate in a matter of minutes.
Your very own choice.

We should probably do it as a human race, like all the alien races we never met, that must have done it, voluntarily, freely.

Pic is a human and a neanderthal skull.
>>
>>24843096
>it's oblivion forever once it's over

You sound like you're placing a value judgement on oblivion- calling it a bad thing.

It's not a bad thing. If anything it's infinitely neutral and I'd go beyond that and call it a good thing, a divine thing.

It's the only certainty anon, the only perfection if by perfection we mean something that lacks nothing. Nothingness lacks nothing. Nothingness is perfect.

I am not suicidal but I'll rejoice when I finally return to its perfection
>>
>>24843292
>You sound like you're placing a value judgement on oblivion- calling it a bad thing.
>Proceeds to place opposite value judgement

Anyway, the point is, once you go into the blackness, you don't come back, so it's unwise to go too soon.
>>
For: It will end your suffering and reveal the truth about life and death to you.

Against: You'll never know if you could have turned things around.
>>24843096
>This is all you get, and it's oblivion forever once it's over.
You can't know that.
>>
>pro
Life sucks
>cons
Being dead might suck more
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MajfZIyHP8U

This is a three-part series of some professor in Yale lecturing about why suicide, in some cases, should be allowed and not a stigma and should be accepted. I watched all of it but basically it's three videos worth of content to get his point across when it should have taken one. But apparently it's an actual class.
>>
>>24843451
>You can't know that.
solipsist-tier argument
>>
>>24843511
Tell me, anon what objective information do you have about what one experiences after death if anything at all?
>>
>>24843543
Not him but realistically wouldn't death be equivalent to pre-birth?
>>
>>24842678
for:
no taxes
no alimony
no normans
no work
no pressure
no feminism
no diseases
no ugliness
no sadness
no apathy
no loneliness
media is slowly getting shitter/diluted
no getting old
no loud neighbours
no Facebook
no children
no lies
no need for gf
no loneliness
might meet your waifu?

cons
no shitposting
no nice food
no anime
scary - possible hell fire (hot)
hurts? not comfy
might miss out on space wild west which is basically the best time to ever be alive
you shit yourself
sad family?
JUST FUCK MY SHITPOSTING UP SENPAI
>>
>>24843567
That's baseless conjecture broheim.
>>
>>24842678
If you're christian it would be considered murder, since you're taking a person's life when you have no authority to do so. You'd end up in hell. On the other hand god is kind of a dick for creating a robot then expecting you to not off yourself when no friends, family, gf, nothing ever works out for you, and you have no life or future.
>>
>>24843543
>objective information
you mean subjective

objectively our brains rot and we cease to exist, it's absolutely foolish to think that there's any objective reason to believe otherwise, which is why "You can't know if there is something after death" is such a stupid argument.

The only way it could be true was if we are not our minds, and this universe is an illusion, as if we're in the matrix or something, and the burden of proof is on you for telling me why you would ever believe that, or that there is anything after death.
>>
>>24843586
Not baseless, you know the base just as well as anyone

>no brain before birth
>no brain after birth
>we are our brains
>therefore prebirth = death
>>
>>24843649
>>no brain after birth
meant *death
>>
>>24843622
>>24843649
I'm saying that you don't/can't know if there is an afterlife of not.
>>
>>24843871
true but you also can't know if there isn't a large invisible intangible helicopter flying around you at all times. the only reason that you'd accept the possibility of it, though, is if you were being a wishful thinker.
>>
>>24843905
>the only reason that you'd accept the possibility of it, though, is if you were being an unbiased thinker.
fixed.
Entertaining the possibility is just a mental exercise as a reasonable person I'm not changing my life to accommodate the afterlife or immaterial helies.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.