[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is gaming life always better than real life? Even if you are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 10
File: idiot.jpg (34 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
idiot.jpg
34 KB, 500x400
Is gaming life always better than real life? Even if you are a big shot, such a Cnad and CEO. Your life still sucks compared to the one you'd live in video games. Compare adventures in Fallout or Skyrim, perhaps a supreme general in some total war game. To the real life version, going to college, getting a Masters and then sucking your way up, and who you know.

What about Chad meeting Stacy? The video game/anime girls are flawless cause they aren't real. They really do like you for the in game choices you make. Not for looking good or who you know.

Does life always suck more? Even for Chad and rich suceessfull people?
>>
File: 1441468150036.png (13 KB, 528x404) Image search: [Google]
1441468150036.png
13 KB, 528x404
>>24841103
I'm dogshit at both so doesn't really matter :DD
>>
File: tali.jpg (36 KB, 500x266) Image search: [Google]
tali.jpg
36 KB, 500x266
Anyone? I really need to know this.
>>
I've always thought that video games were partly responsible for pussifying men/boys. After Middle School you really shouldn't be playing video games all the time. Especially if you use them to escape your problems in real life.

I'm not saying I know what's best for everyone, but most of the guys I know that play a ton of games are poorly adjusted and don't quite have their priorities straight.

Games are ok in moderation, but they're not a healthy hobby at all.
>>
>>24841103
>Even if you are a big shot, such a Cnad and CEO. Your life still sucks compared to the one you'd live in video games
That may be true to some extent, but still, no one on this board right now will live long enough to see games become as immersive as real life.
>They really do like you for the in game choices you make
Limited choices with nothing to lose, also, they're only programed to like you. If those characters knew you were a fat, delusional neckbeard, they wouldn't like you either.
>Does life always suck more? Even for Chad and rich suceessfull people?
Nothing stops successfull people from playing games. And as a matter of fact, people who are successful in real life are also successful in games.
Take a look at any MLG team from any game you want, if you don't cherrypick, you'll see most of them are fit/skinny, generally good or at least average looking, without acne, and with qt gamer girlfriends to livestream with.

If you are a stupid neckbeard IRL, you'll be a stupid neckbeard on the gaming world, even if you disguise yourself as an edgy anime character.
>>
File: 1445123625385.jpg (52 KB, 800x435) Image search: [Google]
1445123625385.jpg
52 KB, 800x435
>>24841103
>They really do like you for the in game choices you make

Holy shit, I hope you don't actually make yourself believe this.
>>
File: 605903.jpg (102 KB, 521x640) Image search: [Google]
605903.jpg
102 KB, 521x640
>>24841103
WRPGS are poison,
It's basically dudes you wish you were and girls you wish you could bang mindsets.
You customize the character to be a perfect or idealized version of yourself or the ideal of the opposite sex. The gameplay also illustrates that with it's open ended nature. None of these tales inspire anyone, collecting wolf pelts and loot only leads to a life of larping, mountain dew, and excrement bottles.

Play JRPGS instead

I am referring to all of the shonen tales in which the hero has a goal or obstacle to overcome and see them struggle at first; but through many trails and tribulations they attain their dreams through pure perseverance. Also I am also alluding to many tales in which the heroes never give up despite insurmountable odds.
>>
>>24841553
Well, it's what happens when parents don't actually don't take care of their children and let them sit in front of a screen all day.
>>
>>24841553

But there's no way to actually be a man in today's society except with the exception of being a criminal. White collar criminals (aka every successful businessman), and blue collar criminals both can be men, but for the rest of us, all we have is servitude. There's no wild west, no oceans to explore. This is a woman's world, and men have no place in it
>>
File: 1445385924339.jpg (13 KB, 224x216) Image search: [Google]
1445385924339.jpg
13 KB, 224x216
>manchildren actually think video games are "art"
>manchildren actually think video games are a "hobby"

video games:
>shorten your attention span
>rob you of your time
>lead to a sedentary lifestyle
>teach you to put women on a pedestal

I'm no chad, but at least I'm not a fat, dumb, pussy-worshiping "gamer".
>>
File: james_cameron.jpg (47 KB, 307x409) Image search: [Google]
james_cameron.jpg
47 KB, 307x409
>>24842040
>no oceans to explore

Come down to my research vessel and say that to my face, see what happens faggot.
>>
>>24842063
>manchildren actually think video games are "art"
It's often manchildrens who neglect games as art.
>rob you of your time
kek
>>
>>24842040
>This is a woman's world, and men have no place in it

Literally kuked beyond belief. This is the attitude that put us in the situation you just described.
>>
File: 1448290059855.jpg (183 KB, 1070x868) Image search: [Google]
1448290059855.jpg
183 KB, 1070x868
I submerged myself in games and anime because my life in school sucked, I just wanted it to be over to I could go home and return to my world.

But economic pressure and family trouble robed me of my NEET hood and I've been a wage slave with little down time for the things I lived to do.

Somehow at 19 I was ended up has head of household, father had epilepsy and could not work, mom only had a part time.

I'm 24 now Work to pay the bills, rent, food, auto costs, all the cars I we had I bougth, I have very little money for myslef, people deppend on me, I can't into suicide. Fucking sucks
>>
File: 1435526712771.png (293 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1435526712771.png
293 KB, 633x758
>>24841769
>normalshits are more successful than you even in your own turf
that hurt me a lot Anon, im not even a delusional neckbeard, but seeing those fucking good looking gaming celebrities makes my blood boil.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.