[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be 22 just graduated from uni a few months ago >make only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 13
File: 1387423385911.png (48 KB, 401x341) Image search: [Google]
1387423385911.png
48 KB, 401x341
>be 22 just graduated from uni a few months ago
>make only $15/hr but no expenses besides food & rent (200+350$ a month)
>go home to see my parents because time off work
>trying to get /fit/ for once in my life because tired of being skinnyfat wimp
>parents demand i eat dinner with them
>sit at the table and politely say i can't eat any of this food because i'm trying to get healthy
>mom takes it personally, starts bitching about how my job sucks and all of her friends' children make more than me starting
>tell her i'm applying elsewhere but not getting any calls back
>she insists i'm not trying hard enough and need to "figure out" what i need to get a "real job"
>tell her my job is fine and low stress which is important to me because i'm trying to focus on the gym
>she insists i dont make enough and need to get a job with health insurance and vacation
>tell her i can afford good quality food, rent, gas, and gym membership and still have extra money left over for savings
>tell her i dont have any use for health insurance (havent been to a doctor in 5 years) and i dont like travelling so i dont need vacation time, plus i basically pick my own hours (within reason)
>"but what if you get in a car accident? how are you going to buy a house? this is what you want"
>slightly annoyed now, tell her i dont want a house because i'm going to live alone and if i get seriously injured i'll probably just die
>she is visibly upset, asks where it all went wrong, says i won't be happy if i dont get a "better job"
>tell her i can't imagine how i could be any happier unless i was retired because all work sounds like torture
>go to my room and make a protein shake
>get up early and drive back to my apartment

am i the bad person here or is she in the wrong for trying to tell me how to live my life???
>>
It's a generational thing. Just ignore it, she means well but has no idea how the world works now.
>>
She wants you to make more so she can leech off you.

You make 15$/hour, just move out into a studio apartment and say goodbye to your family.

Only show up on the holidays while dressed nice and shit, make them mad. It's hilarious.
>>
I'm more interested in what food went so horribly against your macros. Also obviously what is your job, and where do you live that rent is so low? You might be able to cut down your food budget a bit, imo.
>>
>>24840966
>>24840906
>>get up early and drive back to my apartment
>>
>>24841008
ah, didn't catch that.

Just tell her to fuck off, work your current job until you get a better one rofl.

Why is this thread even here.
>>
>>24841000
it wasn't the macros. it was a bunch of whole grains, legumes, fibrous vegetables, and ground turkey.

and i live in florida 2 hours away from my parents
>>
>Be me ex Army blagged a Graduate job earning 34k a year.
>People keep asking me what i studied and what university.
>University of shut the fuck up cunt.

Just save all your money and invest it.
>>
>>24841000
ah i forgot my job is web design
>>
>>24840906

Can completely relate to this

Im a little surprised, i thought this "work is happiness, work is life" doctrine was mostly prevalent in hispanic culture, but i guess that's observation bias on my part

My mother is exactly the same. She defines "success" as getting a good job and having a lot of money

This in spite of the fact that I'm miserable because ill never be able to take part or be good at the hobbies i love due to my height (5'6"), and the fact that im non-white

I havent graduated uni yet, but I'm a 4.0 gpa math major. Everyone always asks me what i plan to do with it; i never have an answer for them, since the whole reason i started to work toward it was just to prove to myself that i could do it

Even now i struggle to work up the willpower to continue school and go about my daily routine, ive started sleeping 12+ hrs a day, no idea what im going to do with my life after college

All the while my mother just repeats this "work so you have lots of money, then you'll be happy" mantra

I dont even want money
>>
>>24841296
>This in spite of the fact that I'm miserable because ill never be able to take part or be good at the hobbies i love due to my height (5'6"), and the fact that im non-white
op here, also 5'6 [but white]
what hobby is that? basketball???
>>
File: 1444115178211.jpg (102 KB, 650x796) Image search: [Google]
1444115178211.jpg
102 KB, 650x796
>>24840906
Listen OP, if I was in your position, would've flipped my shit and told her a gold digging whore wouldn't know the definition of success or good spending. But then again I hate my parents and fully intend to follow my dreams because money was never my dream and I'm not going to be used to take people to dinner to on vacations.
>>
>>24841096
What's wrong with those things? Not accusing, genuinely want to know, I'm trying to get my diet together.
>>
>>24841296
>All the while my mother just repeats this "work so you have lots of money, then you'll be happy" mantra
this doesn't make sense to me desu. work is what takes away what little happiness i have. if i worked more or harder just to get extra money i can't imagine how it would improve my life. maybe getting a gf would help but i never had one so i don't even know if it would help.

i guess if i had a really high paying job and stayed single forever i could just retire in my 30s but if i had a lot of money and free time i would probably blow it all on drugs, OD and die
>>
>>24841711
whole grains have crap fiber that is bad for the gut
legumes are shit tier peasant protein
fibrous vegetables taste bad and have no calories

these are all plants that dont want to be eaten so they develop chemicals in them to protect against predators. goitrogens, protease inhibitors, phytoestrogens, phytates, lectins. the only plants i eat are fruit & underground veggies

as for ground turkey it's garbage tasting and the amino acid ratio is inferior to beef, pork, and chicken plus poultry fats are toxic
>>
>>24841702
>Her notes going deeper in despair as the years go by.
Pretty sure they mean higher.
>>
>>24841504

not basketball, though it's understandable that would be your first guess

It's actually more like "various hobbies" than just one:

>HEMA

stands for "historical european martial arts". Fighting with a Longsword, langes messer, polearms, daggers, etc

Being non-white isnt as huge of a barrier as being short as far as this goes, it's just that as a nonwhite hispanic it's a really "incongruous" interest, if you understand what i mean

In any case just about everyone that practices this and is good at it is very tall, 6' and above. The height difference makes it impossible for me to use many techniques/maneuvers against those opponents and vice versa. Example of avg good practitioner:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fsNmzqsYUmg

think these guys but even taller. Most tourneys take place in Norway/Denmark/Finland etc. where avg heights are near or above 6'

>boxing

My height doesnt make it IMPOSSIBLE to do this one; I can and do practice this one, or i should sa i used to, then quit

Due to height i cant realistically box above welterweight division even though im /fit/

So im stuck in welter, boxing other short guys that basically only do it because they got bullied in high school and want to learn to defend themselves

I quit when i ko'd some 5'7 and he got taken to the hospital. It isnt fun at this weight class

>swimming

Swimmers must be tall to compete, look at oly swimmers
>>
That shit is retarded. I'm /fit/ and I eat whatever the hell I want. As long as you get your micronutrients and stay at a reasonable caloric intake, it shouldn't matter at all.

Then again, I'm one of those people for whom cutting is natural but bulking is a chore. How people aren't regularly struggling to get in over even 2k calories a day is beyond me.
>>
>>24841899
meh, well at least you have an activity you enjoy, consider yourself lucky. i lift to stay in shape but i don't enjoy it at all, i just don't want to be a flabby weakling
>>
>>24840906
>>sit at the table and politely say i can't eat any of this food because i'm trying to get healthy
Your first error, females take sentences like these personal very quickly.
Should have just told them that you aren't hungry or something different than what you said.
>>
>>24841942
>Then again, I'm one of those people for whom cutting is natural but bulking is a chore. How people aren't regularly struggling to get in over even 2k calories a day is beyond me.

OP here, i'm the opposite. i gain weight easily if i didnt take DNP every day i wouldn't really be able to lose any fat
>>
>>24840906
You can literally see how she is trying to form you into a beta bux provider. Don't give in this shit. She wants you to be a good provider.
>>
>>24840906
I honestly can't imagine how you could have been more in the right.

>you're making money
>you're reasonably financially stable and you're self sufficient
most importantly

>you're happy

and to top things off

>she's feeding you unhealthy

It's shitty your mom's a bitch but you were completely in the right.
>>
>>24841983
I don't understand. Why do you constantly need to eat throughout the day? I had an egg cheese and sausage breakfast sandwich this morning. It's almost 5 pm, and I'm still not hungry. I even have been playing guitar all day and I worked out.. I still have absolutely no desire to eat anything right now.
>>
>>24841958
>tell the truth
>trying to do something good for myself
>an error

kek
>>
i started out of college making $15/hr. lived in a big city though so i was poor as fuck. got tired of that real fast.
>>
You can actually rent an apartment in the states and live relatively comfortably, minus some luxuries, on 15/hour?

must be fucking nice
>>
>>24842083
i'm not actually happy but i don't know if i could be any happier though. but i'm certain that more hours and harder work isn't going to make me anything but miserable
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>24841953

100% understand this sentiment as well

At this ooint i only work out due to a combination of vanity, pride and plain old habit

Pic related, i am in the gym right now dragging through a back workout, unfortunately no paper/writing utensil on hand for timestamp
>>
>>24842105
You don't understand, she probably didn't get mad on purpose, but his mother took that sentence as an attack on her cooking skills or she even took it as an insult to her raising skills.

Telling the truth is never an error, but some people will not react positive to it all the time.
>>
>>24842138
Fair enough. Either way, what she's suggesting would, as you say, make you less happy. It seems you got a pretty good setup right now.
>>
>>24840906

Rent + food = 350 a month. Where do you live? please tell me I want to leave chicago.
>>
>>24840906

Where do you live that $15/h at 22 is a bad wage?
>>
>>24842130

Not everywhere places like the midwest, south sure the coastal regions good fucking luck.
>>
>>24840906
>a protein shake
In case op is still reading.

You can get enough protein through cooking your food yourself and it will even be less expensive than protein shakes.
>>
>>24840906
what did you graduate with senpai?
>>
>>24842102
i wake up and take 2 scoops of protein powder (48g protein), drink a can of real sugar pepsi/dr pepper (150cal sucrose), and a low fat mozzarella cheese stick (8g protein 4g fat)
3 hours later i eat first lunch, a half lb of lean beef (50g protein) usually with some sort of starch (tortilla or bread) and a bit of cheese with OJ. i usually down 1 scoop of protein as well (24g protein)
after work i eat 2nd lunch, usually something quick like 25-40g protein with more OJ or i finish my 2nd can of real sugar soda (i drink 2 per day)

then i go to the gym, come home eat something else with protein and carbs

then before bed i eat some cheesy mashed taters with lean meat or protein powder.

some days i will make fried chicken homemade, 97% lean boneless/skinless dipped in eggs then coated in masa harina (corn flour) and deep fried in coconut oil.

i drink about a half gallon of orange juice a day
>>
>>24840906
parents always think you need to do better no matter what, just do what you wanna do OP fuck them.
>>
>>24842268

i live in toronto

1 bedroom apartments are ALWAYS north of 1,000/mth unless you're literally living in 3rd world conditions

doesn't include food, transport, etc

if i was making 15/hr after post-secondary i'd kill myself
>>
>>24842130
it could be cheaper than $350/mo but i live about a mile and a half from a university. also i have 3 roomates but we all have our own bathrooms and nobody else touches the kitchen except to microwave stuff
>>
>>24842268

>places like the Midwest
>Wisconsin 600+ for studio
>IL 700+ for studio
>costs almost as much as a mortgage
>cant put a down payment on a house
>stuck at home
>>
>>24841807

Fibrous vegs? But aren't they okay as a filler?

I dunno about turkey either, assuming it didn't have shit added to it in the store or when alive only thing I can think of is higher fat content, than chicken. Lipids are underestimated, sure people,who don't eat well eat too much, but a lot of healthy eaters seem to eat too little.

You fallow paleo, anti-inflammatory or something else? Either way good for you. Live long enough and you fall into longevity escape velocity. Then we can play there-can-be-only-one.
>>
>>24841096
I live in Florida too, in Miami, it's expensive as fuck here. I heard North Florida is really cheap
>>
>>24842186
why so illogical? i wouldn't expect someone to eat the food i cook unless i asked them first if they like it. plus my diet is pretty weird to most people so i wouldn't assume they would want to eat the same foods as me.

>>24842287
econ/business

>>24842271
not really. gold standard whey is 10lbs for $90. that's 150 servings of 24g protein for $90, or 40g per $.

93% lean ground beef is $6-7 per lb at 100g of protein per lb, or at best over twice as much per g
>>
>>24842296

mind the glicemic index

cut down on fried shit

corn isn't markedly better than wheat, it has it's own version of gluten-like protein, use nut flour etc. instead
>>
>>24842379
could be worse i guess but i dont even like the taste of them.

the amino acid ratio of turkey meat is crap compared to beef, plus ground turkey tastes bad.

i don't follow "paleo" but it's pretty similar. i eat high sugar, moderate protein, low starch, low fat and my fats are almost entirely saturated.
>>
>>24842513
>glycemic index
sugar has a lower GI than starch/glucose

>fried
i only fry in coconut oil

>corn vs wheat
meh, i dont eat enough grains for it to be a big issue. 1 or 2 servings a day, most people eat many times that. most of my carbs are sugar
>>
>>24842405
i live in gainesville. if you want cheap go to somewhere rural
>>
>>24842491
You must be living in a expensive area.

Gold Standard 100% Whey 907g 30.35EUR
per 100g 78.4g protein

907g contain 711g protein.

= 23.4g protein per EUR

Chicken breast 350g 1.29EUR
per 100g 23g protein

350g contain 80.5g

= 29.9g protein per EUR
>>
>>24842859
>EUR
how much in USD? boneless skinless chicken breast here is like $9 for 2lbs but ruminant meat is superior nutritionally
>>
>>24842405

miami checking in

lots of floridabots in this thread

i would never have expected anyone else in miami to be a robot
>>
>>24842605

look up the insulin spikes per food item. Everything higher than yam a shit.

I would never say oranges are healthy, for example, when stuff like sweet pepper has more vitamin and vit deficiency is hard to come by in general. Shit's just tree candy.

Sodas are way too acidic, you've got an alkaline organism.
>>
File: 1414141414141412414.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1414141414141412414.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
>mfw I did 3 days of security guard training and i'm earning 20 dollars per hour.

lmao what the fuck did you major in?

and I'm pretty sure I can find a better paying job upstate, but i'm comfy where I'm currently at
>>
>>24840906
Eh, normies like living in the "life is beautiful" illusion. They don't like to hear bad things, or that someone else has given up.

You're bad for telling your mom you're gonna live alone -- your success is their success. Straight up telling them you aint doing the normie milestone goals is like punching them in the face 2bh f@m.

Parents want their child to be at the top of the pyramid everyone else is clamouring to get on top of, even if you don't like it or see sense in
>>
>>24842243
Chicagoland fag reporting in.
i feel ya senpai
>>
>>24842243
rent is $350/mo with 3 roomates but we each have our own bedroom with a bathroom. we share a kitchen. food is about $200 for me a month but you could probably manage to go cheaper if you don't feast on over a lb of meat and a half gallon of OJ every day like me.

i live in gainesville, florida
>>
>>24843202
>lmao what the fuck did you major in?
economics in the school of business

>>24843077
i don't have problems with my insulin if i consume fructose with every meal. fructose has a low GI and inhibits the overstimulation of insulin by starch and protein
>>
>>24842491
>why so illogical?
Most people lack the ability to separate things, to them an argument is the person and anything said about something they did is an attack on them.
>>
>>24840906
How will you feed a family with a low income job?
To be fair, you're just starting and you'll move up the ladder if you want to. Obviously if health insurance isn't something you want, then you're free to decline and in this your mother is wrong.

Your mother just doesn't understand the fact that work is basically slave labor right now (has she worked or was she a stay-at-home mom?) and free time is much more valuable now than it was 20 years ago.
>>
>>24844530
>gainesville
How could you ever fail at getting /fit/ when you live in a place named that
>>
>>24840906
>only $15/hr
>only
>>
>>24840906
Are you happy? Yes? Good. Then tell her to shut the fuck up.
I'd only give her the benefit of the doubt if you planned on never looking for something better.
>>
>>24844751
>How will you feed a family with a low income job?
my parents combined make over $100k a year i shouldn't have to feed them

as for my brothers, i don't like them. if they're hungry my parents should feed them for creating them

>To be fair, you're just starting and you'll move up the ladder if you want to
meh i my company is kind of small, i'm already the senior employee (out of like 6 people excluding the 2 bosses) so there's nowhere to move up to. i just do the work my boss doesn't want to do

>Your mother just doesn't understand the fact that work is basically slave labor right now (has she worked or was she a stay-at-home mom?) and free time is much more valuable now than it was 20 years ago.
she's a teacher for 5 year olds. she's a woman so maybe she likes being around kids, i don't know

>>24844874
i am not happy, but i don't know how i could become happy. and i don't know what is 'better'. sure i might get paid more somewhere else but i'll have to maybe work more hours or have to wake up really early or have a long commute or have a more stressful job. right now my job is very low stress and laid back, the pay is just mediocre.
>>
>>24844926
>i shouldn't have to feed them
I mean YOUR family. Your wife and children. You're not some kind of degenerate that wants the white race dying, or are you?

>i don't know how i could become happy
It's because your indoor life is completely unnatural. The life of the big city, crowded and without any meaningful interaction with nature, is a very young occurrence. To be happy, do what humans have done happily for thousands of years. Make fire, cook meat on a self-built grill, go fishing and take walks through nature. You'll be surprised.
>>
>>24845076
>I mean YOUR family. Your wife and children. You're not some kind of degenerate that wants the white race dying, or are you?
i honestly can't imagine me ever living that life. i am a manlet, plus i would have to move because where i live whites are already a minority and the only girls that ever paid me any attention were mestizas.
not to mention it's a university town so all these girls are trying to focus on muh career and not even thinking about having a kid until their late 20's at the earliest

>It's because your indoor life is completely unnatural. The life of the big city, crowded and without any meaningful interaction with nature, is a very young occurrence. To be happy, do what humans have done happily for thousands of years. Make fire, cook meat on a self-built grill, go fishing and take walks through nature. You'll be surprised.
meh, perhaps senpai. i'm just so exhausted from the work week that i end up sleeping over half of the weekend away. that's all i have anymore
>>
>>24841996
Most mom advice to boys will make them into this. They will tell them the basic sex stuff but never how to court and how the dating world works, that's dad's advice.
>>
>>24841096
>can't eat turkey

Lad....
>>
>>24845273
>i am a manlet
I hope you're not just meming me with the /r9k/ definition of a manlet. 5'8" isn't too bad since there are lots of girls who are 5'5" or something.
>>
>>24845341
i can eat turkey (albeit i rarely do) but ground turkey just tastes like garbage to me

>>24845379
i am 5'6
>>
>>24845294
>They will tell them the basic sex stuff
the only thing my mom ever talked with me about girls was once when i was waiting for her to pick me up from community college (i was a high school student taking free courses there) was why i didn't talk to some gril that was sitting next to me because
>she is cute

yeah except she's older than me, fatter than me, and was probably the same height as me
>>
>>24844858
this, i live in one of the most expensive areas of the country and 15$ an hour at 40 hours a week is pretty damn comfortable, not rich or even middle class for a family by any means but if you're single then you're doing better than the majority of the country
>>
>>24840906
>all of her friends' children make more than me starting

your mom is just obsessed with social status and want to brag about you to her friends. your mom is an ungrateful bitch because she should be happy that at least you are not a neet.
>>
>>24840906
Eh, sounds like every conversation I've ever had with my Mum.
>>
>>24845473
Seconding this, I'm making 15/hr now with no degree and no gf. Since the latter's never happening I really don't need anything more desu
>>
your mom kinda sounds like a cunt, i'd tell her to shut up. you didn't do anything but go to college and get a job like you're supposed to, at least you made it that far
>>
>>24841096

Unless she fried that shit in lard or bacon fat that stuff is all perfectly healthy. That being said your mom took it way to personally and crossed a line for bitching at you, but health insurance is important. That's like the only benefit you need, retirement plans are just a bonus.
>>
>>24845981
it's not something i want to eat. and health insurance is useless for me i wouldn't use it. i haven't been sick in years plus i'm on my parents' until 25 cuz of Obamacare
>>
>>24845548
i'm sure that part you greentexted isn't even true at all. she just said that thinking i would give a shit. my mom is not a logical person she will make up lies as "evidence" that she's right
>>
>>24840906
She is just a consumer normie drone. You are right, anon-kun.
>>
File: 1445608964779.jpg (14 KB, 388x500) Image search: [Google]
1445608964779.jpg
14 KB, 388x500
>>24840906
>if i get seriously injured i'll probably just die
kek the smug face of edgemaster fedoralord kekeNEET unlocked
>>
>>24846461
really, though, if you're suicidal/depressed it's not like health insurance is a big draw
>>
>>24840906
Just wanted to say that with your views on diet you've stated in this thread, you're never going to make it
>>
>>24846461
in america they will just stabilize you and hand you a bill after if you get fucked up in a car crash or something. if i get some autoimmune disorder or brain cancer that is going to cost me $100,000+ to "treat" in my 20s i will just accept that i wasnt meant to make it. i would *never* get a gf and reproduce if i had such a serious condition, i would have nothing to do but work and pay off medical bills my entire youth. why the fuck wouldn't i just end it?
>>
>>24846508
literally lost 8lbs in 6 months while making decent strength gains. what do you know?
>>
>>24841735
>>24841296
>work is happiness, work is life
You guys deep south too? I'm from Texas and people seem to find it inconceivable that i'm not enthusiastic about working a shit job for minimum wage. "I heard you can get $10 an hour at wal-mart, and that's damn good money" is a phrase I hear all too often around here. It's all minimum wage unless you drive a truck or have a degree.

Why the fuck would I want to work a shit job for shit wages and then come home to my shit life?
If i'm going to work I need to make enough to at least move out on my own.
"But you could save!" only works when i'm making the bare minimum of what it would cost to live on my own anyway. I can't save up 2 grand and move out with a monthly income of $800. I'll be broke in a few months.
>>
>>24843202
How and where senpai? I've had a friend on steam who did that shit, and he would spend his shifts shitposting and playing video games. Sounds like the fucking dream since minimum wage is all I can find at the moment and that's not enough to live on.
>>
>>24846792
they think that because
1 - they are normies
2 - they enjoy doing local activities and feel a part of the culture
3 - they have a romantic or at least sexual partner to be ambitious for
>>
File: 1442595510844.jpg (6 KB, 244x250) Image search: [Google]
1442595510844.jpg
6 KB, 244x250
>>24846568
>if i get some autoimmune disorder or brain cancer
>>
>>24840906
You are a wagekek loser who tries to justify his own misery with "muh gym". Listen to your mother fag
>>
>>24846942
please explain how i will be happier with a more stressful job
my current job is already a huge annoyance
>>
OP, I want to jump to your defense but I feel like you're telling the story from your perspective and you may have skewed it slightly. Not even purposefully, just a natural side effect of being a person.

Your mom just wants you to be successful, even if that her view of success isn't the same as yours(or mine if we're getting personal). Try telling her what REALLY bothers you about her saying those things. You clearly have some ambition in life, you'd like to focus on your health and fitness for the time being.

It's not like you've resigned to the next 60 years of being a brain dead fool, you're just going at your own pace.
>>
File: 1445111038884.jpg (300 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1445111038884.jpg
300 KB, 800x600
>>24847002
more money does not equal more stress, in fact it equals less

DUDE ALL you have to do is shit out a bunch of resumes on craigslist, indeed, monster, and job sites, and people will call you it's easy as fuck

What is your degree in?
You could probably maqke twice the money you make now doing the same thing, or less shit, why wouldn't you?

Once you build a profile on most job sites all you have to do is literally click "Apply Now" and it instantly sends your information like no effort, and you can make your resume public, and job offering will come to you? She is right bro, if you already have a job, it's easy to get another one.
>>
She sounds like your typical boomer. Fuck her, live life how you want to.
>>
>>24847105
>>24847105
>more money does not equal more stress, in fact it equals less
i am fairly certain i cant find a less stressful job that pays me more than i make now.

i used to work more hours at this job, woke up earlier, IT SUCKED. no energy for the gym, hated it. now I work 5hrs a day on average and i feel so much better

> DUDE ALL you have to do is shit out a bunch of resumes on craigslist, indeed, monster, and job sites, and people will call you it's easy as fuck
i did that and got no responses so i gave up

>What is your degree in?
business/economics
>You could probably maqke twice the money you make now doing the same thing, or less shit, why wouldn't you?
not really, html and css and basic php is easy as fuck to learn. i learned it in high school, NOTHING i did at university helped me get this job except the degree saying i wasn't a bum

> Once you build a profile on most job sites all you have to do is literally click "Apply Now" and it instantly sends your information like no effort, and you can make your resume public, and job offering will come to you? She is right bro, if you already have a job, it's easy to get another one.
i did that my university has a website for that i didn't get shit back
>>
>>24841163
web design is comfy

fuck her lol
>>
>>24847399
quite. i git to work today at 11:30 :)
>>
>>24843993
Chicago is cheap as fuck to live in
>>
>>24841983
It's like you religiously follow every /fit/ fad or broscience you have ever heard, and are a high and mighty cunt about it too. Work on your social gains retard.
>>
>>24847705
>social gains
i don't care about being popular here. i'm going to move eventually, or everyone i know will because it's a uni town with very few job prospects

and DNP is not a meme it's the most effective mitochondrial uncoupler that exists. it such an effective fat burner i could cook my organs with my own fat stores and kill myself if i wanted to
>>
>>24847798
Eat your moms food when you visit. Tell her you are working on bettering yourself. Don't tell your mother you are ok with dying young. Basic stuff man. DNP is for legit morons so it all makes sense though.
>>
>>24840906
honestly its just easier for me not to work and live in a van

I also don't want a house or none of that shit or marriage

fuck all that shit I just want to relax
>>
>>24847920
>DNP is for legit morons
explain. it has only helped me
>>
>>24844571
bullshit, if you did you would be making more, op is clearly a lying fag
>>
>>24848203
It is my opinion based on the 4chan threads I read.
>>
>>24840906
Where the fuck do you get an apartment for 350? Everywhere I've looked is 1 grand at least
>>
>>24849517
gainesville florida. it's a 4 person apartment but we all have bathrooms
>>
>>24840906
I know the feels here.

My mom has been bitching at me for 2 years that I need health insurance!

This after never taking me to a doctor from age 5-18.
>>
>>24840906
your mom wants you to be her beta provider
>>
>>24841296
>no idea what im going to do with my life after college

I graduated 2 years ago. Post uni life is truly hell. Try not to take your time there for granted, friend
>>
I seriously hate parents thinking their special offspring deserves 100k starting. Fucking boomers man.
>>
>>24850538
why? my dad randomly texted me one day saying i need to go see a doctor. i responded 'why?'

i haven't been sick in 5 years. i went a year ago because i sliced my finger accidentally when i was chopping meat and i ended up paying $100 for them to wipe the dried blood off and give me some fancy bandaids and cheap antibiotic cream
>>
>>24840906
fuck her. bitch already dead anyway.
>>
Never unserstood people basing someone's wntire worth off of shekels. Who gives a fuck if you live within your means.I'm low expense and am in a similar situation to you op and I'm comfy as fuck
>>
>>24848888
thats where you went wrong man.
DNP is VERY effective has seriously helped a lot of perople. Myself included. You're only an idiot if you take extreme dosages and dont read up on it.
>>
>>24841807
My brother did the exact same thing, it was quite funny seeing him make Protein shakes, but at least he makes his own food.
I think your mom had her feelings hurt, because you didn't eat her food, its a very touchy area. Just apologise and, just say I have to live by myself for a while.
>>
File: ZFKODSNFODSNFO.png (1 MB, 1730x1052) Image search: [Google]
ZFKODSNFODSNFO.png
1 MB, 1730x1052
>>24847348

>i am fairly certain i cant find a less stressful job that pays me more than i make now.
That's bullshit dude, you can make way more than $15 with a business degree
>i used to work more hours at this job, woke up earlier, IT SUCKED.
Get a better job?
>no energy for the gym, hated it. now I work 5hrs a day on average and i feel so much better
Get higher pay, and work less hours?
>i did that and got no responses so i gave up
Dude tailor your resume to the specific job... let me tell you a little secret that will land you tons of interviews.
>FUCK LIE ON YOUR RESUME IDIOT.
> OFCOURSE YOU'RE NOT GOING TO LIE ABOUT THINGS LIKE BRAIN SURGERY.
> LIE ON YOUR RESUME, AND SAY THINGS THAT WILL LAND YOU THE INTERVIEW, AND THEN THE JOB!
> MOST PEOPLE WHO HAVE JOBS LIED ON THEIR FUCKING RESUME, AND NOBODY ADMITS IT.
> DON'T LIE ABOUT EDUCATION, OR THINGS THAT CAN BE VERIFIED THROUGH DOCUMENTATION THOUGH THAT'S JUST DUMB

>business/economics
IF YOU LIE WITH A BUSNIESS/ECONOMICS DEGREE YOU WILL LAND AN AWESOME FUCKING JOB YOU HAVE WORK EXPERIENCE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!

>not really, html and css and basic php is easy as fuck
AND CODING IS EASY TO YOU WWWTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF

>i did that my university has a website for that i didn't get shit back

UNI CAREER SITES ARE A MEME IDIOT, THEY JUST DO IT TO SAY THEY HELPED YOU GET A JOB
> INDEED AND MONSTER ARE THE BEST, 1 CLICK JOB APPLYING WHEN YOU SET UP YOUR PROFILE
> FIND THE NICHE WEBSITES RELATED TO YOUR CAREER AND SPAM RESUMES
> heres the key... UNTIL YOU LAND A FUCKING JOB

Dude you have a shitload of potential, I believe in you anon, you could be racking in those bucks so fucking easy, you could afford to get a qt personal trainer since you already like the gym... Honestly you have the credentials for a nice salary man
>>
I just wanted to chime in and say this is one of the most mature and civil threads I've ever read on /r9k/. I wish this board was used for intelligent discussion instead of the same shitposting every single day.
>>
>>24853524
>>24853524
>That's bullshit dude, you can make way more than $15 with a business degree
what about "less stressful"?
where else can i work 5hrs a day and take hour and a half lunch breaks?

>Get a better job?
like what? what the fuck am i going to get paid to do that is actually enjoyable?

>Get higher pay, and work less hours?
what company will pay me more money and let me work 5hr days? also factor in cost of living, i pay $350/mo rent

>Dude tailor your resume to the specific job... let me tell you a little secret that will land you tons of interviews.
>>FUCK LIE ON YOUR RESUME IDIOT.
what job should i lie about then? what happens when they ask me to do something and i fuck up and get fired? at least at my current job i already mastered every skill

>IF YOU LIE WITH A BUSNIESS/ECONOMICS DEGREE YOU WILL LAND AN AWESOME FUCKING JOB YOU HAVE WORK EXPERIENCE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!
where doing what?

>Dude you have a shitload of potential, I believe in you anon, you could be racking in those bucks so fucking easy, you could afford to get a qt personal trainer since you already like the gym... Honestly you have the credentials for a nice salary man
i dont need or want a personal trainer, i know what i need to do at the gym. and you still haven't told me what to lie about. i couldnt have lied about coding at my current job, if i didn't know how to code i would have been fired the first week. not sure what jobs you're referring to desu. all of my friends with jobs have to wear fancy clothes and wake up early for work. some have to get drug tested, i couldn't manage that either
>>
File: 1443111864613.jpg (86 KB, 446x373) Image search: [Google]
1443111864613.jpg
86 KB, 446x373
>>24853743
>what about "less stressful"?
>where else can i work 5hrs a day and take hour and a half lunch breaks?
>like what? what the fuck am i going to get paid to do that is actually enjoyable?
>what company will pay me more money and let me work 5hr days? also factor in cost of living, i pay $350/mo rent
You have to actually apply to answer this question, it directly correlates with your job offers, where you apply, when the applications open, where you live.

tl;dr go try first, quit your bitching if you ever want to be perceived as a man.
>what job should i lie about then? what happens when they ask me to do something and i fuck up and get fired? at least at my current job i already mastered every skill
YOU LIE by adding keywords from the job listing directly onto your resume, nothing too specific that requires a skill that will get you fired, just general shit that you might not have done, but you're capable of, this is specific to the job title, for example have you're a farmer, who lies about being able to grow a specific plant, that you can google the growth process to.

It's easier to get motivated for those jobs when you are getting a nice paycheck, and you can move out of your roomates place, and afford all your own shit, WITH healthcare, and your parents can talk shit about you, bring girls back to your place ( wah no gf ) fuck it get an escort you have money now, it's just better dude

I'm black with dreadlocks, and it's hard as fuck in the job market for people like me, you probably have it way easier than me in that regard man, just get that shit out of the way once, and it increases your entire quality of life.
>>
>>24841807

what the fuck. learn to fight instead of hitting the meme gym
>>
>>24853895
>apply to places
i did this, got nothing back, so I gave up. i feel comfortable now

>lie about basic skills that are easy to aquire
yeah sure, i already did that. but something that easy isn't going to be worth much. i could get another ENTRY LEVEL POSITION maybe, that's it. it will be moving horizontally, not up

>move out
if i don't want to see my roomates i will stay in my room. i've had one roomate for 5 months and we've said "sup" like 3x that's the extent of our interaction

>afford all your own shit
like? i have a pc, car, and tv. what else do i need?

>health insurance
useless for me desu. might as well get alien invasion insurance. i wouldn't take advantage of it.

>bring girls back
KEK no, i don't think i'm cut out for having a gf

>escort
did that once, I prefer fapping

>increases your entire quality of life.
i don't see how it would. if a million dollars fell into my lap i wouldnt know what to do with it. I would probably just OD on heroin or something. the only gf i could get would be a golddigger and the only change i would make is i would just stop cooking and get food delivered 3x a day
>>
>>24842296

>drink a can of real sugar pepsi/dr pepper

oh m y god for what purpose
>>
File: e45.jpg (56 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
e45.jpg
56 KB, 633x758
>>24853895
>I'm black with dreadlocks
I've never understood why anyone would wish to perpetuate a shitty stereotype, also why would you want that shit for hair? Buzz that shit homie, you'll be 100 times more hirable (and you're already a + for diversity quotas) and you'll stop looking like dumbass hippie stoner rasta nigger. Shit, you'd be more appealing if you had corn rows.
>>
>>24847399
definitely comfier than graphic design
>>
I'm lucky my parents are sort of hippy inclined. I said I plan on retiring as early as possible and they thought it was a good idea. I wasted 4 years and 20k in debt on a bs in psychology though. I'm back in school for nursing and should be able to pull more than 30k/yr after graduation. 70k is average, of course travel nursing and working extra days will pay much more. My first year I'll get debt free, then travel as soon as I can. Grit my teeth a few years working 4 and 5 day weeks, then retire, maybe working prn or per diem a few times a month just to keep license/certs and pad out market corrections.

Mr money mustache, jcollinsh, and early retirement extreme have been my inspiration. Who knew you could get market average just by buying everything in the market? It makes sense but I didn't realize it was so simple to do with just a couple mutual funds.

The main question is mooch off parents land or buy my own at the cost of another year or two working. Either way I want to play farmer and do all that fun homestead shit.
>>
>>24854107
a delicious, non-toxic source of carbohydrates
>>
>>24854115
not anon, but are you done spouting complete bullshit? You sound really uneducated.
>>
>been a skeleton all my life
>leave home for uni
>encouraged to get /fit/ due to peer pressure
>never eat enough because I cba to cook, so still skinny
>finally get to visit home
>always first at the table when dat Jolof Rice and chicken is ready
>destroy maybe 2/3 plates of it while my parents proudly look at me
>>
>>24841702
Is this whale real and still alive? Because holy crap this makes me kind of sad.
>>
>>24854237
nice meme, keep being delusional
>>
>>24854354
sucrose > starch
as a source of carbohydrate
>>
>>24842296
Fruit juice is the devil senpai, eat a real fruit.
>>
>>24854460
it has all of that useless fiber though. do you even know how many oranges are in a half gallon of OJ? i'll be picking orange skins for hours senpai
>>
>>24854238
Unless you plan on working for a hippie commune, a weed dispensery, as an artist or a professional sports player, dreadlocks are just not a professional hair style.
>>
>>24854238
Are you retarded? Dreadlocks pretty much bar you from being hired anywhere.
>>
File: 399629-1884-14.jpg (16 KB, 350x279) Image search: [Google]
399629-1884-14.jpg
16 KB, 350x279
>>24854087
>i did this, got nothing back, so I gave up. i feel comfortable now
You got nothing back, because your resume design, and content sucked, im not going to sugar coat it.

>ENTRY LEVEL POSITION maybe, that's it. it will be moving horizontally, not up
knowledge of coding with a business is worth more than $15 an hour, someone lied to you, or you are are just deluding yourself

>roomates
this isn't college anymore anon

>what else do i need?
your own place? and insurance?

>i don't think i'm cut out for having a gf
you are, if you get a place, you already go to the gym, and have a decent job

>increases your entire quality of life.
i don't see how it would.

Read the story of the fox and the grapes, you have that exact same problem.
It's called coginitive dissonance, it's written all over the original post of this thread.
>problem is stated
> you find justification when for why it isn't a problem, when people tell you it's clearly a problem

>>24854115
>HE HAS DREADLOCKS I DONT WANT TO HIRE HIM
> HE'S BLACK I DONT WANT TO HIRE HIM
It doesn't change anything, if you're black they like you, or they don't. Everyone tells me I look better with dreadlocks, and with all the black guys wearing the same buzzcut hairstyle, it sets me apart. It seems counter-intuitive, but it's true. Cutting my hair will do absolutely nothing, and black+dreadlocks = the illusion of "diversity". for certain companies, while not having dreadlocks i'm just another black guy.

Why would I deny my culture, and conform to work with people, who don't actually want to be around as I am in reality? It's not tattoos, it's literally a hairstyle that people from my culture wear.

pic related, if you wouldn't hire him like that, cutting his hair isn't going to do anything, you would just find a white person, or someone who fit the "image"
>>
>>24854684
how the fuck is it worth over $15? i think you never even tried to learn in. in fact, you could learn 95% of css and html in 2 weeks. yes, a skill you could *master* for free in under a month. how is that worth so much money? i learned it in high school.

>your own place? and insurance?
i think we have different definitions of need. i don't have either of those and if i did magically get them tomorrow it wouldnt improve my life in the slightest.

>you are, if you get a place, you already go to the gym, and have a decent job
no, i'm not, mentally. i never had a problem attracting decent girls physically. it's just i scared them all away with my schizoid/aspie personality

>Read the story of the fox and the grapes, you have that exact same problem.
>It's called coginitive dissonance, it's written all over the original post of this thread.
not really. i have grapes. in fact, i have so many grapes they're just collecting in my fridge at a rate that exceeds my desire to consume them.
sure, there are some fat foxes that eat extra grapes, that's their right. and there are some foxes with 10 refrigerators full of grapes, and some with 100. personally if i had that many grapes they would just sit there and rot because i have no use for them. i have enough grapes for myself, i am responsible for nobody else. sure there are some female foxes that i could fuck in exchange for grapes but i don't think that's something i even want out of life
>>
I'm in your position too OP.
Only my mom keeps saying I should go back to the UK to study, work and go live with relatives over there for whatever reason.

Pretty obvious she wants to kick me out
I pay rent and help out anyway I can when I'm not at work and I'm trying to get a better lifestyle for myself.

I never want to eat at the dinner table anymore.
>>
>>24854496
Fibre makes you shit good. Shitting good reduces your risk for colon cancer and shitty GI problems. Nobody should eat that many oranges in a day which is why you shouldn't drink that much fuckin juice. Vary your fruits too, fruit is lovely and there are so many kinds.
>>
>>24855057
not all fiber is the same. some is bad for the gut. carrot fiber is best, orange fiber has been known to cause gut irritation in some people, even if it's just pulp

that's not "too much" OJ. i need carbs for energy, i eat other fruits too and even some potatoes. fact is most people also eat >50% calories from carbs, they just fill up on wheat, corn, and rice instead of fruit. i'm not getting too many calories given that i'm losing fat
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-06-11-21-16-54~2.jpg (100 KB, 1050x1051) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-06-11-21-16-54~2.jpg
100 KB, 1050x1051
Le neet life OP
>>
>>24840906
Nah brah don't listen to the haters you focus on becoming a sikkunt and the rest will automatically follow.

there are three things in life: health, love and money. Once you are /fit/, it will only seem natural to you to want to get yhe other areas of your life in check as well. Least that is how it went for me.

Still, don't be such an autist. Just eat a bit less just so your mum doesn't get all bitter.
>>
>>24855176
>there are three things in life: health, love and money
money is useless if you have everything you want. and love can be reserved for objects or a dog or something. i don't think i'm cut out to get a girl i would want to spend my life with, if one even exists. i've already accepted that
>>
OP, it sounds like you're really doing good for yourself, you're employed, independent and actively bettering yourself and that's great. If I were your mom I would be very proud of you.
However, I have some tips for not avoiding run-ins like this in the future.
For starters, you should have eaten the meal. I know that it sounds like fat logic, but it really is one meal. In future you need to inform people ahead of time if you have dietary requirements, especially ones that aren't as expected.

Also, when it comes to questioning from parents it's better to act like you're in a job interview. Embellish the positive things in your life, and focus on the good work you're doing. Act like a lawyer too. Have a few pre prepared lines and stick to them. Things like "I'm working on it" will get you far. Talk about extra duties you're doing at work to put on your resume, working on your resume, some of the jobs you've applied for and are hoping to hear back from, how you're feeling pretty good and things keep getting better. Don't talk about negatives, like not hearing back from applications or not wanting health insurance or a family. Just keep redirecting the conversation to the positives and all the productive shit you're doing, especially working toward a fancier job since it seems important to your parents.
Good luck in the future with your parents, you're doing better than a lot of people, you're just not very good at expressing this to your mother.
>>
>>24855118
Are you one of those people who actually has that sensitivity? There are better ways than orange juice to fulfill your caloric needs. Your teeth must be sensitive at this point too.
>>
>>24855547
it's the most nutritious source of carbs i have, along with potatoes which are inferior because they lack fructose.

my teeth are fine, tooth decay is a result of nutritional deficiencies. i get plenty of k2, retinol, d3, and magnesium
>>
She is mad she can't use you as an ego boost against her equally shitty friends. People are mostly shit and everything they do is for status or appearance, she is mad she can't brag about a worthless expensive car you bought or the corporate wagekek soul-crushing job you have
>>
>>24841899
I do FMA so a different form of blade/sword work>>24841899
being short isn't a massive disadvantage for me why you ?
>>
>>24855362
Fuck that shit; money matters. Period. You know what I'm gonna do next month? Fly to Africa and climb the Kilimanjaro, because I can. I am not saying that you should be doing this, but realize that money is less about material things and more about the experiences it can get you.

And about the girls... Whatever floats your boat. May as well use money to fuck some escorts. But you sound less as if you didn't want a girl and more is if you had just given up... And that's a shame. Work on yourself. Get some game. Fuck bitches and have fun. And somewhere along the way, you might find someone you truly like.

Either way, it's your life and you get to choose what you make out of it. You're on the right path, man.
Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.