[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to find happiness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: just bee.jpg (31 KB, 396x381) Image search: [Google]
just bee.jpg
31 KB, 396x381
How to find happiness?
>>
Get money.
>>
Get more money.
>>
>>24840440
Wish it upon a shooting star
>>
How would i know ? I'm browsing /r9k/

Look under the pile of shit in your room.
>>
File: 1427282726872.png (98 KB, 284x276) Image search: [Google]
1427282726872.png
98 KB, 284x276
Does anyone care? I need to know.
Don't know about the happiness thing, I think you need to be lucky.
>>
You gotta start by looking
>>
WASSUP

MONEY
MONEY
MONEY
>>
Either lower your standards
or get rich.
>>
Don't think too much, just do things.

You got to think about it this way. Is the average normie smart? No? Then how could the solution possible be something complex or hard to get.
>>
here's the good news OP: you are caught in a state of despair.
Why is that good? Because it means you have a chance of escaping unhappiness permanently.
Normies, who ride the emotional rollercoaster of happiness, sadness, happiness, sadness, never suffer enough to arrive at a full understanding of their suffering.
You need to start by thorough introspection of your wants, needs, desires, pains; your longing, your existential dread, your hopelessness. What is the common thread that underlies all of these? You cannot work to correct these problems unless you first understand their cause.
I can't claim to know the cause of your problems, but as a Buddhist I believe that all suffering is fundamentally a product of clinging, attachment, and a refusal to accept the impermanent nature of all things. Now that I understand the source of my suffering, I can work to alleviate it by slowly removing my attachments.
You may find your own answer in another religion, or another philosophy. Try Nietzche, Wittgenstein or perhaps Spinoza. Don't worry about finding big-T Truth. Just find little-t truth, personal truths that resonate with your own felt experience. Good luck.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.