[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The older I get, the more I realize that 100% of people with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1433307305859.jpg (49 KB, 759x508) Image search: [Google]
1433307305859.jpg
49 KB, 759x508
The older I get, the more I realize that 100% of people with a job hate it and people without a job want one.

Humans are so fucking pathetic.
>>
>>24839274
>people without a job want one.
I don't, what know?
>>
>>24839274
I had a job and it was alright, but now I'm a NEET and I like that better. What now, fuccboi?
>>
>>24839448
I guess you're not pathetic then, anon

Humans only find the concept of a job tolerable because it keeps them away from their thoughts, keeps them busy. The socially conditioned material security is really just a bonus.
>>
I've been thinking about this a lot lately.

I'm in this weird limbo between having a job and not having one. I learned on November 12th I was getting fired and that my last day on my job would be January 8th. They were trying to be considerate and give me time to find a new job. I feel like I'm I purgatory.

I don't have the motivation to job hunt despite knowing that if I dont find a job I'm fucked. I'm mostly resentful that I was only at this job for five months and now I have to go through the whole bullshit painstaking job hunt process all over again. And not having a job looks terrible on paper.
>>
We cant seem to find a good balance between being free and being a slave.

A 6 hour work day is ideal.

>24 hours in a day
>6 spent working
>8 hours of sleep
>10 hours of freedom
>>
Has that guy ever come out and explained why his hair is like that?
>>
File: thin men.png (55 KB, 405x305) Image search: [Google]
thin men.png
55 KB, 405x305
>>24839274
>100% of people with a job hate it
this is completely untrue
>>
On mentalbux currently.. but, as much as I'd like to contribute towards society, I find volunteer work the most fulfilling, as I'm not trading my hours for income. Though I never want a family because of my mental instability, being in perpetual poverty as I am doesn't seem too alluring and I need conventional progression at some point or another.

>>24839536
Keynes' prediction of the 21st century ridding itself of the oppressive 40 hour work week and instead making it the norm to work 15 hour work weeks would've been great. A shame not all his predictions came to fruition.
>>
>>24839536
that's Marxism, anon. You're a commie for believing in sensible and respectful organization of personal time above sheer maximized work efficiency
>>
fuk u op I like my job

>>24839591
>ivory tower asshat makes bad prediction about the conditions of the lower classes
color me shocked

>>24839536
tbqh every job I've ever had except one has been a 6 hour work day
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 248x241) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 248x241
>>24839274
That's because

A: most people don't see any alternative because they've essentially been brainwashed since birth into thinking 'working' for someone else's interests is actually honourable

B: the vast majority of people wouldn't be able to survive without 'contributing' to 'society', as they've been forced to learn utterly worthless information in the schools instead of learning survivalist skills, since that would allow them to fend for themselves without Big Brother, something that the elite can't allow to happen.

C: as a result, most people are genuinely terrified of freedom, since most know that they wouldn't stand a chance. The addition of modern technology makes this even more of a problem, since the Internet and video games are so fucking addictive. One can easily waste hours doing these things even if they know it's a terrible idea.

Tl;dr everyone's to blame, and in the next few decades this shit will hopefully come to a head when all the other problems in western society erupt at more or less similar time periods.

Until then, the best thing that you can do is convince people that they shouldn't be 'proud' of having a job, although if you can't provide a real alternative, most people will just label you as a 'loo-zer.'

Hope that helped, pal.
>>
>tfw unemployed
>tfw don't want your job
>mfw I have no face
>>
I like my job because all I do is fuck off and post on 4chan all day while I make extra cash to spend on frivolous shit
>>
>>24839550
I'm sure any explanation that has been given as probably been given in person and to people he is around on a day to day basis. I highly doubt he gives a shit about what people on the internet think.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.