[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got caught lying on my resume >be in school for 2 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 1446510959845.jpg (97 KB, 527x487) Image search: [Google]
1446510959845.jpg
97 KB, 527x487
I got caught lying on my resume

>be in school for 2 years
>graduate but can't find a job, can't even get an interview
>go unemployed for nearly 7 months, last date of my employment was nearly 3 years ago
>make up some some shit on my resume saying I was a temp. laborer for the past few months to make me seem less pathetic, I didn't think anybody would care enough to check
>finally get a job interview, it goes great
>background check finds my lies
>they call me I try to explain myself while feel like crying
>application terminated

Is suicide the only remaining option?
>>
next time, try putting down that you worked for a family-owned place that went out of business

worked for me
>>
>>24839194
>not just putting on a jive accent and saying you identify as a black man to get dat affirmative action

c'mon senpai
>>
>>24839194
oh fuck me i was going to do the same shit

you got me good and scared

guess i'll continue the NEETlyfe
>>
crime pays anon it really does
>>
>>24839194
>Lie on my resume
>Say I had a 3.5 average gpa in high school
>It really was 2.5ish
Now that I think about it, I wonder if that's why the employers I used to work with seemed to really dislike me after awhile. But it's like who the fuck cares why my gpa was? That has jack shit to do with flipping burgers.
>>
>>24839397
You can do it. Just don't get caught. Unfortunately for me inflating how long I worked at places still hasn't gotten me any hits. I haven't gone so far as to completely fabricate jobs, but I don't think my work experience is bad at all. I think the nepotism is just out of control where I live and making up work experience wouldn't help.
>>
>>24839194
What did you expect? Don't be a lying faggot next time.
>>
I lied and managed to get my current job. Feels good man
>>
>>24839709
>Need a job for experience
>Need experience to get a job
HR's retarded ways of hiring people caused this issue in the first place. In order to even get looked a lot of people are basically put into the situation of adding fluff to their resume. Or they tell the truth and just have their resume automatically placed in the trash.
>>
>>24839194
Most of the issues with people is that they apply to the easy areas. You are gonna have to flip burgers for awhile anon.
>>
bump

>You have been muted for 4 seconds, because your comment was not original

frig off
>>
>>24841009
Not without a PhD in flipology and 3 years experience
>>
>What were you doing in those three years you were unemployed?
>>
File: it_ends_now.gif (40 KB, 255x249) Image search: [Google]
it_ends_now.gif
40 KB, 255x249
>the X year gap in my employment history was caused by a family illness
>I was a fulltime, live-in caretaker for my elderly grandparents
>unfortunately, they have recently passed away so I am now re-entering the job market

It's that easy. Besides, fuck employers. Maybe people wouldn't lie on their resumes if it wasn't impossible to get a job that pays more than minimum wage without lying. I can't even get interviews for jobs where I meet every qualification they have listed.
>>
>>24839481
maybe it's because you're obviously a retard if you couldn't get above a 2.5 in high school
>>
do a 100 push ups,100 squats and 10 khm running everyday for three years
>>
Ideas for how to put a positive spin on doing two years for assault please.
>>
>>24844324
This is great advice to fuck somebody over
>>
>>24841773
>Normies start going to college
>College become diploma mills
>So much of them go to college it becomes something that "everybody" does
>Jobs start using diplomas to weed people out instead of gde's
>Normies have effectively ruined college AND people's abilities to get jobs easily.
>>
>>24844306
GPA means jack shit outside of school fucktard, I'm not going to be wasting my time and energy running in the hamster wheel of grades for a superficial "award."
>>
File: 1435338629099.jpg (101 KB, 320x315) Image search: [Google]
1435338629099.jpg
101 KB, 320x315
>no work experience
>>
>>24840768
You don't need experience for the most basic burger-flipping shit, and a lot of times people will list "experience required" just as way to filter out the lazy kids with no ambition but will still accept people who are willing and eager to learn.

as far as actual careers go, internships is where you get the experience to get the proper job.

>>24843196
>mfw it's almost two now

but at least most of one of those I was taking full-time community college courses so I can write those off as "I wanted to focus on my studies"
>>
You start out at the bottom and work up. work 2 to 3 years stacking shelves or making fries. During that time you'll get promoted to full time. If you're reliable they might even make you head stocker. I was promoted to head stocker after 7 months. I got a key to the store and came in at 5 am and told the stocking staff what section they would stock that day. I was nice and rotated. Bad head stockers take paper every day since it's easiest. After a year I started getting call backs for actual real jobs while still working.
>>
>>24844324

glad to see one punch man getting some love here
>>
>>24844443
I rather get a skilled trade and get a running start
>>
File: frog meme gun.jpg (72 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
frog meme gun.jpg
72 KB, 709x765
>>24839194
>online aplication form
>job that involves pushing shopping carts around
>"Please list three references with phone number and e-mail address"
>no thank you
>can't finish application because references are a mandatory field
>>
File: tfw_no_job.jpg (133 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tfw_no_job.jpg
133 KB, 480x360
>>24844443

>work a dead-end, bullshit job for years
>HR cocksuckers at real jobs will surely be impressed by years of cooking fries and stacking shelves

Working your way up from the bottom doesn't happen anymore, familia
>>
>>24844499
Trade jobs are nepotistic as fuck. I worked in a machine job and everyone there was there because of their dads or dads friend got them the job. Even the secretary and accountant desk jobs were saved for wives and daughters of the men working there.

Welding is the only job you can jump to without nepotism if you have the money to buy a welder truck and equipment. You need oxygen and acetylene. Welding rods. Probably longer leads than the stock ones on the machine. You'll need hoses and a cutting head. Hammer and grinder. Table saw. And tons more like hood and clothes.

It's same nepotism if you want to weld in a shop with company equipment.
>>
>>24844756
I consider management jobs real. After a year of stocking shelves I got a manger job at a store or a blue collar construction job. I chose the construction one. And yes they really did call my old boss.

This is only for dumb people like me who can't get a degree.
>>
>Unemployed for nearly 7 months
>I've been NEETing it out for 2 years now
Will I ever land a job?
>>
next time tell you have been ceo of bank of america
>>
>>24844907
NEET means No Employment Education or Training - so you've only been a NEET for 7 months
>>
>>24839194
Calling bullshit on this. Employers legally cannot tell you they declined you for this or basically any reason. And they certainly wouldn't call you to explain yourself.

>>24844756
This. The only reason one should work shit retail/store/fast food jobs is if it's your only way to quickly build some money. Employers do not care if you have these jobs, and will probably look down on you for it.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.