[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw gonna go to college from home JUST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10
File: wake up.jpg (145 KB, 735x787) Image search: [Google]
wake up.jpg
145 KB, 735x787
>tfw gonna go to college from home
JUST
>>
>>24838188
please don't, it's fucking shit.

rent a place near your uni.
>>
>>24838253
Not fucking worth it. I live 20km from the city that I currently go to school to. A quick drive, now i just take the bus. It's not enough to justify the cost of renting a place.
>>
>>24838188
It's not a big deal. If your university is such shit that they allow you to attend 1st year without the residential requirement, you should just attend from home.

In addition, you are already posting on /r9k/. Your robot status was not going to magically change in college. Did you really think that some magical waifu is going to fall in love with you and kiss the pain away?
>>
>>24838301
> If your university is such shit that they allow you to attend 1st year without the residential requirement, you should just attend from home.

My country does not have this requirement at any year.

>Your robot status was not going to magically change in college

I'm not a robot
>>
>>24838286
oh, a 20 minute drive is close. I thought you were like me and had to take an hour and a half long bus trip.
>>
>>24838337
Where are you from?
>NOT ORIGINAL COMMENT, WLKWJERLKASLF
>>
>>24838301
>tfw that's exactly what happened to me
>met two asian qts in college cuddled with both and made out with one

:3
>>
>>24838369
>cuddled
>made out
that's cute but then they went home with Chad.

>thanks for keeping them warm, Anon!
>>
File: 1448937078714.jpg (37 KB, 452x359) Image search: [Google]
1448937078714.jpg
37 KB, 452x359
>>24838188
I currently bus two hours one way to college. It is ruining my life and I am probably going to fail out because I'm too tired to study.

Getting up at 5:30am and coming back at 5:30pm is HELL. And then they expect me to do more work at home? Fuck this shit. DON'T LIVE AT HOME.

Can't even work on the bus because it's way too fucking cramped.
>>
>>24838342
Too bad man, some of my current classmates have to do that. It's pretty exhausting.

>>24838357
Croatia, college is free here and I'll very, very likely get in.

We choose our high schools according to the profession we want to work in. I've been studying electrotechnics, so it's mostly dudes in my class (2 grills though). If i went to a generic high school with a mix of normies i would have probably become bitter and grow to hate the world. This way I met good friends with common interests.
>>
>>24838427
holy shit dude. i feel you on this, i get up at 5:30 to go to school (every other week though). but two hours? god damn.

what's stopping you from getting an apartment? funds?
>>
File: 1427870748881.png (102 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
1427870748881.png
102 KB, 680x583
>>24838472
My parents are overprotective and think I would die if I lived alone. I'm moving out next semester for sure, fuck this shit. I'm not failing out of college because my parents don't trust me.

I get more than enough money from OSAP to get a place.
>>
>>24838573
Same here, anon. Good luck! Hope it works out for ya'

I'll probably ride it out trough college, make it up by traveling and not being home as much.
>>
>>24838369
get
THE
GET
THE
THE FUCK
OUT
>>
>>24838188
It's much worse. You will get worse grades because you won't know anyone to go to study groups with. You won't have any friends.
>>
>>24839042
I won't? A lot of people from my school are going to that same college after. I can talk to people and meeting new people is always cool, as I'm sure if we're studying the same thing we must have SOME common thing to talk about. I don't think you're right
>>
Just drive up to uni.
Works our cheaper than getting a shitty flatshare with some random dickheads.
>>
>>24839446
This, living with your parents is better than you think. Just establish certain rules, you'll be fine. You can still spend a lot of time at friend's apartments that go to that college. At least that's what my uni friend who was living with his parents did.
>>
>>24838286
>"Let's go back to your place anon!"
>Ok but we'll have to be quiet I don't want to way mummi---MOM wake MOM!"
your life from now on
>>
>>24839691
...fuck
Any way to go around this?
>>
It's good if you legitimately don't like normies and want to mind your own business. I live at home and drive to uni. Go straight to class, maybe study in library for a bit, and go back home. I have little debt and my grades are excellent. No need to deal with watching other people do their normie shit, see girls you like get pumped by chad (or hear them) and no asshole roomates.

You do need to have a decent relationship with your parents though.
>>
>>24839843
I feel like i have one. They have always been supportive and done the most they can to help me out. They can be a bit of a pain though, at home, if I haven't had some sort of 'outside of school' social contact for some time, I'd get anxious just being around them, as if to remind me that i'm a little bit of a loser.
>>
>>24838431
>If i went to a generic high school with a mix of normies i would have probably become bitter and grow to hate the world.

This is me.
>>
>>24839992
>This is me.
In what way? You went to a generic school or you did something different and you were happier?
>>
>>24840119
It was a generic Canadian high school. Ended up dropping the important courses before graduation but still pass. Can't apply to anything because I don't have credentials for anything or the passion for anything. Bitter and don't have any friends or future aspirations.
>>
>>24838188
Doing the same thing since I was a fuck up druggie and spent 2 years after high school doing heroin until I got clean when I was 20 and went back to school at 21 did my first 2 years at a community college and had my own apartment and transferred to the main uni this year and moved back in with my parents since I didn't want to take out loans this year for living. I don't drink or do drugs anymore because of my past drug problem so it's not like I'm missing out on parties/ bars and besides I'm like 4 years older than most students anyway. Gonna end up saving about 25,000 by going this route but man If I hadn't been a fuck up and could have gone to uni like a normie and lived on campus and gone to parties and stuff it would have been way more fun. It's a lot harder fucking chicks when you don't go to parties, I've slept with 0 this semester so far any anons have advice for meeting girls at uni without going to parties/ bars? I already go to the uni gym every once in awhile and just joined the coding club.
>>
>>24840258
Genuinely hope you find something that you like to do and want to do and go from there. North American high schools sounds like hell on earth.
>>
>>24840403
They are. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>24838427
fucking lol. i commute an hour and thought i had it bad
>>
>>24838573
>I get more than enough money from OSAP to get a place.
how man? my family is poor as fuck, i dont spend money on anything and OSAP still doesnt give enough money to move out
>>
Bump, maybe someone finds this topic interesting
>>
>move to new town, go to uni there
>live at home and go to college
>no friends
>no social life
>40 minute commute
>>
>>24838188
get you own place I am going to uni from home it sucks so much please learn from my suffering
>>
File: pepded.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
pepded.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
>>24841573
>mommy bitching at me
>grandma bitching at me
>have to hide my drug habit
>can't invite friends or grills over
>1,5 hour commute everyday

I mean in high school I was in a boarding school, basically did whatever I wanted. now Im back with my mom and regressing into a fucking loser pls send help
>>
>>24841573
>>24841716
I'm probably gonna get my own place at some point during college, as soon as i feel like i have the time to get a job and work too.
>>
>>24842412
I dont have a job and I feel like a fucking loser, probably am.
please op put in the extra work, get you own place or rent a place together with someone
>>
living on residence is a fucking meme

i went back to school at 22 as a commuter and was able to save so much more money and get better grades because i'm not drinking with morons every fucking night

it's not great if you're trying to get the "university experience" and fuck around and all that stuff, but somehow i don't think anyone on this board is going to have that problem anyways

school is for education and joining clubs/extracurricular activities, not fucking dumb sluts and getting drunk every night, not if you're PAYING for your education

you wanna party? take a year or so off school and live it up for free, not when you're paying to attend school
>>
>>24842459
After making this thread and pondering for a while, me and a friend discussed the idea, he said wanted the same. Looking forward to it all, it's just hard to plan so far ahead
>>
>>24838431
Let me guess, Tesla?
>>
>>24842600
Not Tesla, whatever that is. A school I presume?
>>
File: re.jpg (6 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
re.jpg
6 KB, 184x184
>"share" room with older NEET druggie thief brother
>sleep in living room only go in for clothes
>going to uni next year

How could I possibly commute to college and do my schoolwork at the same time? There is no place that is actually mine. I'm actually indefinitely postponing the construction of a PC because the only place for it is my own room where it will inevitably be appropriated by my brother.
>>
>>24842707
That is a legitimately good reason to strive to get your own place. Hope you can study and do your work at the college itself. I share a room with my younger brother, and it's manageable. Usually when one's in the room the other one isn't.

>tfw never had own room
>>
It takes me a little over an hour from home to college. It's killing me.
>>
>>24838369
Why
>those two characters ARE SIBLINGS
>SIBLINGS
>>
>>24839691

As if I've spoken to any girls past three years.
>>
>tfw live a 10minute subway ride from uni
>tfw free public transportation
>tfw onlu expenses are clothes etc.
feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>24842505
i dont get this, i study during the day and 'party' in the evening, it works out, maybe because i dont drink
>>
>>24838188
>have to commute 4 hours a day for college
What a blessed life people who live nearby must live, I'd love to be able to just go back to fucking bed or something.
>>
I did the same thing and it actually worked out great
>>
As someone who has an hour commute to a local state school, I prefer commuting. I can't stand the people who attend my school
>>
3 hours commute here. It's not that bad since I skip most of my classes so that I only go 2/3 times a week. Plus the train has tables where I can study at.

Moving back to campus next quarter though, since the money saved isn't worth the time lost.
>>
File: hehe.jpg (350 KB, 800x1203) Image search: [Google]
hehe.jpg
350 KB, 800x1203
>>24838188
>tfw had to move back home AFTER college

truly JUST reporting in.
>>
>>24838286
>driving

sell your fucking car and pay your rent with that. dont you want to be normal? uni is ur last shot and living at home is fucking you over
>>
>>24838427
2 hours to and from

I feel you, mate
>>
>>24839042
>study groups
are you a dumb ass anon
>>
File: (19).jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
(19).jpg
45 KB, 409x409
>>24838427
Mfw reading this and neet
>>
>>24838369
>tfw Satsuki will never dom you
>>24843059
Stop posting
>>
>>24845856
Enjoy poverty and being worse than an immigrant lol
>>
>>24840488
OSAP also only gives shekels based on parents income and your likeability to pay back
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.