[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone tried zoloft? i wasn't prescribed any but i have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1440782511493.jpg (42 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1440782511493.jpg
42 KB, 500x667
anyone tried zoloft?

i wasn't prescribed any but i have some.. iv got the r9k starter pack (anxiety/depresion) and wondering about taking them
>>
>>24834044
It's a shit drug. Try it but don't fall for the "anti depressants start working when you do them every day for x weeks", it's just an attempt to get you hooked, and when you do get hooked you can't get off it due to the brain zaps and hangovers.
>>
>>24834044

I was put on it from 10 to 14

Don't remember the effects, nor why they even put me on it in the first place as it was nearly 12 years ago. But I wouldn't mind getting some again cause I'm in a pretty depressive state these days
>>
>>24834184
i got them off someone else. if i run out, or get withdrawal can i just go to my GP and get more? should i just go to my GP anyway? im a britbong, i guess i should google availability of meds..

withdrawals would be alrite probably cause i don't do anything anyway
>>
File: 1449353424165.jpg (74 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
1449353424165.jpg
74 KB, 500x493
>>24834044
anyone got tips at what point you should turn to meds?

i'v been pretty isolated, neet, apathetic, depressed, numb for over a year. i tried CBT, meditation, excercise, and i feel like iv always had anxiety i just forced myself to go out or give myself pep-talks..etc but its always been pretty shitty and fucked almost all chances at relationships so i just gave up the last couple years and sit in my room.

i dont know how hard you're supposed to try non-med ways until you give in and take the meds, and im cautious about long term side effects..
>>
Im on it now, dont feel any sympathy for these nofappers because I cant jack off for shit anymore. I think its been about a week, and only because i snorted adderall to get the willpower.

In any case, it does wonders for my obsessive thoughts, borderline OCD when im not on it.

I dont remember if ive always been an emotionless shell or if zoloft has made me one though, im 19 and have been on it since 15.

Either way, i dont feel sad ever, or happy though, i feel neutral all the time, not necessarily empty, just nothing in a not good or bad way
>>
>>24834044

There isnt really any point taking them unless you have enough for good couple of months.
>>
>>24834399
>In any case, it does wonders for my obsessive thoughts, borderline OCD when im not on it.

Can you go into more details on this? I too have some OCD-like symptoms and therapy doesn't seem to be working too well for me. I'm not too sure about taking medication for this. What kind of symptoms/thoughts were you experiencing? How does the medicine make them go away?
>>
>>24834399
do SSRI's just manage the anxiety/dep, but never cure it? so you have to take it for life..

i just dunno when to turn to meds, and when to keep fighting. i felt like before i was anxious, i didn't know that this is what it was, i kept fighting it to do normie shit but it kept fucking me up, id always have to pretend to be confident/relaxed when i wasnt, and never felt i fit in. then i just fucking gave up last few years because i really cant be fucked to live like that, id rather do nothing if thats what it takes for me to feel alright. i also have never had a job, or learnt to drive because of it.

therapist said mild anxiety, moderate depression. cbt didn't help
>>
Recently stopped taking it, just made me dull enough to not care about my anxiety
>>
>>24834464

>do SSRI's just manage the anxiety/dep, but never cure it? so you have to take it for life..

They dont fix anything, they just cut off the edge so that you can learn to deal with shit in some positive manner.
>>
>>24834456
I used to have to lock and unlock my door a thousand or so times before I went to bed, face twitches constantly, always focusing on blinking, being ridiculously clean which is somewhat of a good thing, getting my train of thought hijacked by ridiculous things.

For example, want to learn programming, get bogged down in the ideas of how binary is the fundamental level of it all and I'm only manipulating the chip in a prepackaged way, it just throws my whole life off balance with these sorts of things.

In middle school I got Fs and Ds but in High School I got As and Bs since I started taking it.
>>
I took it for a few years, I became almost totally impotent, I couldn't think clearly, I had terrible shits after I took my dose every time, and when I went of it I had withdrawals that lasted months where I became psychotically depressed and heard a voice telling me to kill myself every time I woke up. Also during withdrawals my impotence turned into severe premature ejaculation where I would have a shitty orgasm with seconds with almost no cum.

I would have fixed my depression by changing my living situation and getting a hobby, Zoloft just fucked me up.
>>
>>24834631
This kind of shit is what terrifies me about taking medication. I don't know if not suffering through some of the mental problems I have is worth risking all the shitty side effects that can happen
>>
>>24834631
yeah but is any of that stuff long term? i can deal with that kind of shit, just as long as it doesn't fuck my shit up forever family

> fixed my depression by changing my living situation and getting a hobby
but depressed people can't do this, or keep a hobby
>>
Literally Jew: the drug
Never take this shit
Listen to this anon>>24834631
My brain is permanently fried thanks to it
Also have nerve damage from my shoulders to fingertips
>>
I took it for a few months and then quit cold turkey. After telling my doctor I felt no change from zoloft he put me on lexapro and I took that for several months. I also quit that cold turkey and now don't take any meds. I don't believe this shit works. Never felt any different when I took them.
>>
>>24834044
>prescribed zoloft for anxiety
>beg doctor for something else because i don't want to become a zombie
>doctor tries to convince me that won't happen
>a month later
>can't cry
>can't laugh
>more suicidal than ever
>>
>>24834044
Ssri barely work at all, took many of them for months and didn't feel shit
>>
Reminder to never take the capsulate jew
>>
>>24836449
Ssri left me in a psychatric ward after using it for a month, dont underestimate it.
>>
>>24836835
You gotta elaborate on that.
>>
>>24836406
If drug addicts din't exist then you'd get your xanax/kolonopin on the first visit.
Just don't take them and tell him they don't work untill you get one of those.
And he'll probably give you over a dozen antidepresants untill you get something that actually has an affect.
>>
>>24834044
Those anti-depressants will fuck you up into the long run. Sure they might stop your depressionand anxiety, but the cost is your soul. You will find that you lose that *spark* that makes you who you are, and you'll drift farther into zombie mode every day. Take them at your own risk. Just remember that these pills are made in a lab and their effects are not fullt understood.

Here is my recommendatioN. Eat healtht. Fruits veggies and lean meats. Exercise 5 times a week. Even just going for a long walk is plenty. Also, you might want to try weed. Don't become a stoner, but instead use weed as medicine. Take a hit every now and then when you're stressed to take the edge off. Weed when used in strict moderation will do more good than any prescription you'll get.
>>
>>24834216

Do not go on SSRIs if you don't have a regular supply of them. The withdrawal is hell and can make depression and suicidal tendencies even worse.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.