[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /cyborg/ here? >forced to blend in with normies and socialize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12
File: 1449459180180.gif (44 KB, 711x885) Image search: [Google]
1449459180180.gif
44 KB, 711x885
Who /cyborg/ here?

>forced to blend in with normies and socialize despite crippling anxiety
>too much self-respect and anxiety to be a full blown weirdo who has stopped caring about appearances
>too awkward and introverted to be a normie
>normies talk to you but feel literally nothing towards you, basically a non-person in their eyes
>described with non-descript nothing adjectives like "nice" or "quiet"
>only group of friends you have is from extremely long ago and only gotten smaller over time as people drift apart
>shallow relationships with friends, they enjoy your company when you're around but never actively want to do anything with you
>tfw you will never be noticed
>tfw you will never be respected
>>
I think I am a cyborg leaning towards the robot side of the spectrum

I mean i have no friends, i cut off contact with people who i could have called friends long ago

but i believe i can talk ok to people sometimes
enough that i can convince people i am not autistic
>>
Enjoy normperks too much to ever go full 'bot

Love my shithole parentless apartment and the pizza delivery and the freedom to fart

Just slap on my fake smile and squint the old eyeholes and keep the checks rolling in
>>
Yup, sounds a lot like me.
>>
Yeah, this is pretty much me. Mind you, if I didnt have uni Id be a full blown robot
>>
/r9k/ is mostly like this desu only a small portion are full blown neets/robots
>>
File: 1446854079317.jpg (193 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1446854079317.jpg
193 KB, 645x773
>>24833284
truIy a fate worse than death
>>
Give it time you'll stop caring
>>
>>24833605
But I can't stop caring. I want to make real bonds with people. It's all I want. They don't feel the same.

Do I smell? Is that why you pretend I'm not here? Am I a rude person? Am I just ugly? Is my hair stupid? I just want some kind of feedback, I want to be more than a piece of furniture in a room.
>>
File: 1411601525736.png (23 KB, 599x740) Image search: [Google]
1411601525736.png
23 KB, 599x740
>tfw after years spent on /pol/ its hard for me to hold a conversation with people without going into full redpill mode
>>
>shallow relationships with friends, they enjoy your company when you're around but never actively want to do anything with you
Getting so sick of this. It gives me false hope every time. I start to think I'm making a decent friend, and next thing you know it's read but no reply followed by a two word answer.
>>
If you're not kv then you're a normalfag, not a robot. Just so you know.

I can socialize alright sometimes, especially while drunk. I think i seem a bit normal but i'm not sure what they think of me.
>>
File: Sherk.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Sherk.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>tfw you will never be noticed
>tfw you will never be respected
Too close from home
>>
>tfw you can't tell if you're actually friends with someone
>>
File: XCyjSvl.png (35 KB, 612x722) Image search: [Google]
XCyjSvl.png
35 KB, 612x722
All I want is to experience reciprocated love.
>>
>>24834367
>>24834512
My psychiatrist is the one who told me that I don't have friends and that I only have acquaintances....
>>
File: 0ee.jpg (538 KB, 750x3380) Image search: [Google]
0ee.jpg
538 KB, 750x3380
My biggest fear is being completely alone. But that seems to be the path I'm headed down.
>>
File: 1433059277588.jpg (419 KB, 750x769) Image search: [Google]
1433059277588.jpg
419 KB, 750x769
>>24833284
I know how you feel brother, everything you have said is accurate but at least, if you get really lucky you can find love or at least enjoy small but good/happy times.

So im glad to be a cyborg for i've at least experienced love at least once in my life time, don't know if its going to happen again or for how long but there's hope.
>>
>>24833284
>thinking self respect correlates with self-image
lol this is why you're like this
>>
Cyborg here,
I have gf also cutted all contact with "friends" and most of people, I am pretty confident and can talk with people and open and start interesting conversation more than most of "chads"
(cause now when I reached this level of cofidence I see that most people you call Chads are insecure falsely overconfident people that just try to hard and it works on stupid girls.)

I just dont feel like trying to act in certain way to gain "respect", and that I "should" go to club "should" hang out in pubs "should" talk about stupid stuff in order to gain some reputation.
I just see that as nonsense game that people play which actually puts you behind in actual progress and happines.
I dont want to waste half of my time pretending to be something in order to JUST impress and leave good impression on people of being "normal"

Being Normie is actually defect that society has created.
Best thing is to become Cyborg
>>
>>24833637

I've been dealing with similar issues, and I've found the best way to address this is to work on yourself. People say they like confidence or whatever but that's just because confidence is an indicator that someone has a strong character and independant personality. It's not super easy to do on your own, most people come by at least some of this self assurance naturally because they usually have enough friends to be able to have options as to which one to socialize with, but all you really have to do is not come off needy.

Develop your own interests and try to accept the fact that while friends are desirable there is nothing wrong with being alone. Find hobbies and interests to enjoy, don't be afraid to go and eat out or see a movie on your own. When you do meet people take it easy and don't think you have to perform for them or do something to get them to like you, just be classy and try not to make waves, at least at first. Other than that you can't do much to affect whether people like you or not so just go with the flow, and try to recognize that if they don't like you and you haven't done anything wrong maybe there's something wrong with them, and that maybe they aren't worth your time instead.
>>
This post pretty much described my life 99%. I usually try to be the cringiest idiot at high school so I can atleast have a good laugh with the normalfags. But then again I go out like 2 times a month with my old childhoohd friend whcih I don't keep that much contact with. Also no one takes anything I say seriuosly when I'm 100% serious. FeelsBadMan
>>
>>24835210
which post??
>>
>>24835268
Clearly op you dumb cunt.
>>
>>24834855
Your fucking psychiatrist said that? That's pretty brutal.
>>
>>24835402
If anyone has to be brutally honest, a psychiatrist should. Being honest about the issue is the first step to solving it.
>>
File: 1425603107060.jpg (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1425603107060.jpg
50 KB, 500x500
>mfw friends but no gf
So elusive
>>
>>24835402
Better than lying to you to make you feel momentarily better

>>24834855
How could he tell
>>
I was until I had a failed suicide attempt and was reported missing for a week. Now I'm a full blown NEET.
>>
Do you guys ever wonder about the girls who might have had a crush on you without you knowing? I found out years later and it makes me think about what could have been if I knew.
>>
>smile and nod
>momentarily think I may care about a person
>it goes away and I realize that pretty much everyone disgusts me
>>
File: index.jpg (72 KB, 558x515) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
72 KB, 558x515
>can easily do the "meeting new people" thing, standard small-talk, seeming enthusiastic, etc
>no ability to interact with people I know as colleagues or acquaintances

It's so shit, I started a new job and everything was fine for the first few weeks because I didn't know anyone, but now I have to spend all this time with people I "sort of " know but not very well, I literally get a churning stomach and cold sweats when there's a lull in the conversation and I can't think of anything to fill it with.
>>
>>24833284
same here bro.

The difference is I think i have purposefully abandoned self respect. I do things I am not comfortable with to push my comfort zone. I am brutally honest with myself and always try to look for ways for how I could have done something better, or thought about a situation differently. Nothing makes me too sad because I believe I will become a great man, but I have so much work to do on myself still. I am a fucking coward for not being able to talk to women without my voice shaking and my palms sweating, and I worry about never being able to over come it.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6214306

I'm too autistic to be a Cyborg socially but I look normal enough - wear skinny jeans, vans and long sleeve shirts - to not look autistic
>>
Cyborg seems to be something Failed Normies call themselves.

Why not admit that you are, Failed, and Normies. Not robots.
>>
>>24838333
It's not about knowing and then pursuing them; it's about having the confidence to approach enough females that you'd by process of elmination eventually end up asking someone who already maintained an unspoken attraction to you.

As they say
>if you're not getting rejected, you're not asking enough women
>>
>>24833664
I think I may have freaked out my parents when I met them last week for lunch. I started to talk about these armchair philosophers who say that the world is overpopulated and that Americans need to stop having children. The line that did it was when I said they should go to a place with a higher unchecked birthrate like Africa, where a lot of the people don't give a fuck about the long-term effects of their birthrates and just see kids as fallback plans for when they're old.

To be fair I was talking about this while I was driving us to the restaurant; borderline eugenics isn't exactly great dinner conversation.
>>
>>24840706
>dinner

lunch, I mean
>>
File: 1446708070616.jpg (27 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1446708070616.jpg
27 KB, 184x184
>always think I'm completely unattractive to women
>never notice signs
>tfw thinking back at missed opportunities
>tfw no gf
>>
>>24833284

I got a gf, can function properly around colleagues, just got minimal contact with anyone else, I talk to my family a bit...

I wish I had someone to share life with, but whatever.
>>
Cyborg here
Anyone else lonely in a crowd? All people I know arent even friends just acquaintances rather. We can talk about things and stuff, but I have nothing in common with them and dont really feel like we some kind of close friends. I kissed once with drunk girl on a party but otherwise I got rejected on every party at least four times.
>>
>>24841997
>Anyone else lonely in a crowd?

I know how you feel, it's just disgusting, at least for me since there is nothing interesting to do and you can't leave the party because everyone gets buttblasted for some reason if you decide to leave early.

Like no one is talking to you but as soon as you decide to leave everyone goes "HEY COME ON MAN, YOU CAN'T DO THIS, DON'T LEAVE, SUCH A PUSSY DUUUUUUUUDE YOU SHOULD STAY A LITTLE LONGER"

I just don't fucking get this attitude.
>>
>>24833284
>>shallow relationships with friends, they enjoy your company when you're around but never actively want to do anything with you

fucking this
hold me
>>
>>24834855
Tfw literally said the same thing to me
Britbot?
I realised I had acquaintances because I was smart, people pretended to like me, ask how my day was, then ask "so about that homework". I deleted my normiebook, ignore everyone, even wear headphones in class with my hood up to avoid talking/chit chat.

Only half a year left robots!
>>
File: REEEEEEEEE.gif (452 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEE.gif
452 KB, 650x650
>Hang out with a lot of normies at work
>Everyone loves me because I joke all the time
>I'm told ten times a day that I am the best, I should have been a humorist
>Tell a lot of sex jokes to girls, even fucking 3/10 reject me because I'm ugly but I have to keep a smile and say that it's OK because I am the clown
>At the end of the day I have never seen the people I work with outside of work even if I know they are all partying together
>"We can't invite you anon but keep making us laugh, seriously you're the best"
>>
>>24842767
JESUS CHRIST ARE YOU ME?
Literally same fucking shit. We dont talk after classes, we never hang out together. But I still get called to parties. Im almost always laughing and smilling (Im not trying to be funny all the time tho). Parties are pretty shit but go there because it s better than sitting at home.
>>
>>24833284
>tfw superficial relationships
ahhhhhhhhhhh!
>>
>>24833284
You gotta give it time. You cannot just run into people, have a few drinks in a pub with them and suddenly become friends, that's not how it works. Real friendship takes years to develop. And try to suggest something yourself instead of being dead weight waiting to be invited and treated like a king.
>>
This describes me perfectly, except I have weird body porportions so I tend to get made fun of for that
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.