[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you robots believe will happen after you an hero?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 850x850
What do you robots believe will happen after you an hero?
>>
Optimistically I'll reincarnate as a non manlet. Pessimistically I'll be tortured for all eternity because there's a god and he's a total psycho. Most likely my consciousness will simply cease to exist.
>>
>>24831873

What is so bad about being short? I don't even get it.

I understand there's social stigma but I just have a hard time believing if I were a few inches shorter my life would be so much worse than it is now.
>>
>>24831880
You'll make less money, people won't respect you and no women will ever find you genuinely attractive.
>>
Same thing that happened last time. We go to non-life then come back into life in a seemingly random body with no memory of the last life. If we're lucky we won't come back as a nigger or Arab or something equally shitty.
>>
>>24831873
That about sums it up.
>nothing will actually happen and I'll cease to exist

>that small nagging fear that some psychopathic deity is real and is determined to make everyone suffer in the afterlife
>>
>>24831910
I was under the impression that we incarnated along a certain bloodline. If not I'd never kill myself as I'd likely come back Indian and who the fuck wants that.
>>
The world goes on and humanity perpetuates the meaningless struggle for meaning and advancement in an infinite universe until the eventual meltdown of existence.
>>
Hell is for real.
>>
>>24831906

>You'll make less money,

Statistically, not definitively in your particular case. There are short men who make way more money than the next random tall man off the street.

Statistics aren't everything. There are many exceptions to that rule.

>people won't respect you

Assholes will find any reason to disrespect you.

>and no women will ever find you genuinely attractive.

Find a woman who will love you for your personality. Not all women care more for height than personality.
>>
>>24831930

I'm Indian and I'm less unhappy about being Indian than some of these (presumably white) guys here are about being short.
>>
Hopefully nothing for eternity. Complete oblivion. Time stops and never turns back on
>>
>>24831917

I hate this. fuck being raised catholic. I can't even kill myself comfortably even after I finally get over my fear of the void.
>>
>>24831987
>personality

This is a meme. Life is not a Disney movie. Just because women say they give a shit about personality doesn't mean they do, just spend a few days lurking woman hate threads and you'll see how much personality matters.
>>
All of you guys wishing for reincarnation aren't real robots please leave
>>
I'll either be reincarnated or start my journey in the spirit world. Worst case scenario I'll just stop existing, which I imagine is like sleeping without dreaming
>>
>>24831880
I'm really not surprised manlets want to kill themselves. Look at the amount of shit they get for something completely out of their control.

http://someimage.com/FZ4n
>>
Absolutely nothing. Can't wait, sounds blissful.
>>
>>24832125

You're wrong, though.

>Life is not a Disney movie.

Exactly. Not everyone who's successful is physically perfect.

>Just because women say they give a shit about personality doesn't mean they do, just spend a few days lurking woman hate threads and you'll see how much personality matters.

Not all women become the subject of hate threads on the Internet.

A lot of women do care about personality. This "women only care about looks/height/money/alpha traits" is the meme.

It has some basis in reality in that SOME women are like that. Not all.

This way of thinking is both factually incorrect and will drive you to hate yourself and the world and fuck up your mental health--and it's not even true.
>>
>>24832178

Solution? Stay away from shallow vapid bitches, find a nice girl (who might not look exactly like you want her to--maybe she'll be chubby or something. but if she can overlook your height, maybe you can overlook her weight. that's just one example).

Done.

If she stays with you, great. You won the game.

If she leaves you, find another one.

Or take the third option and wallow in misery just because ten women or ten thousand women, or ten million women, would all tell you that you suck.

It really doesn't matter that much what many or even most people think. Most people who will be relevant to your life comprise a tiny, tiny subset of the human population.
>>
>>24832185
Absolutely nothing is as absurd as heaven or hell. If there is absolutely nothing then how are we here now?
>>
>>24832245
Lol this board is for 18+ underage pls leave

Inb4 I type like a 12 year old girl adults can do what they want you little shit
>>
>>24832252
Thanks for the great retort and great conversation fucking idiot
>>
>>24831853
>Only the sleep eternal
>In an eternal night
There's nothing after death
Our brain will pass out if our death is painful, so our consciousness will just 'switch off' (you can experience this by passing out in a non-lethal way). If it's not -- then we'll be slowly losing our consciousness, the same thing you can experience by slowly falling into the sleep.
After that the primary functions of our body will be slowly/quickly stopping, depends on the type of injury you did to yourself. But the first thing to die will definetly be the brain, since our braincells are very oxygen-dependent and all the ways to become an-hero prevent our body from consuming oxygen one way or another. After that, the links in this complex neuron system will break, the information they were containing will therefore be lost and the entropy of the universe will grow. Because of that, this neuron system will never restore on itself, since in our world entropy cannot spontaneously decrease. Our brain cells will die in the next few hours, and there'll be one human less in our universe.
tl;dr: what will happen to your consciousness? it will be destroyed, there'll be nothing left, since nothing can define this consciousness. Blackness, emptiness, nothingness.
>>
>>24832271
Ok you want me to respond to your /highly intelligent post/?

>Wahhh wahhh nothingness scary there must be something beyond what I can see on this rock floating through a howling abyss which is itself surrounded by an infinite void! I must be special because my mummy says so and ergo I cannot die when I finally do, my consciousness must live on into infinity!

Actually no wait I can't respond to that I'm not your fucking mother. Like I said underage please get out. Don't you have school tomorrow?
>>
>>24832245

Consciousness arises from electrical activity in the brain. When you die, this activity stops. Therefore, your consciousness does not exist after you die. Being that you are nothing more than your consciousness, you do not continue to exist after you die.

This is as far as science can really go right now. Anything other than this is pure conjecture or wishful thinking that has no basis in rationality.
>>
>>24832344

Why and how does consciousness come, though?

I mean, if it's electrical activity, why does the electrical activity in our brain cause consciousness, as opposed to...not?
>>
>>24832057
Same, dude. There's not a single fiber in me that's still Catholic, except for that one nagging fear that I'd spend the rest of time regretting suicide.
>>
>>24832215
How reasonable.
>>
>>24832344
You cannot prove that conciousness "arises" from electrical activity in the brain

Yes it seems to be the cause of conciousness but what if the electrical activity in the brain allows us 'access" to the conciousness rather than directly being the source of it

what if the source is from a source outside of this reality

you seek to understand the impossible which you cannot
>>
>>24832368
Because evolution
Because anthropic principle
You're only able to ask those questions because you exist. You exist because of evolution. Evolution happened because long time ago some molecules were strange enough to start replicating themselves and turn out they started multiplicating.

It's kinda stupid to ask those questions when the chain of events that lead us to become who we are is almost fully defined. It's like asking: 'D-dad, why are we falling to the earth and not to the sky???' Because this world is like that. And if there would be a world where object were falling to the sky, there'll be no 'humans' in this world since our planet, even if it'd exist, would have no atmosphere.

Those questions really start to trigger me since the answer is so obvious.
>>
>>24832457
>the answer is obvious

that question isn't "stupid"

the answer is only obvious because you fucking grew up in a world where the answer was already discovered thanks to fucking Newton

before him the answer wasn't "obvious"

You are the definition of a pop-sci pseudo-intellectual faggot
>>
>>24832368

Consciousness is just ridiculously complex behavior that manifests due to the unholy metric fuckton of synaptic connections that the human brain has.

But, this is still one of the biggest mysteries of our time. We can't quantify it, so we can't truly study it. That doesn't mean it's magic or the work of a deity though. That's just the god of the gaps fallacy.
>>
I'd go straight to hell of course.
>>
>>24832485
Yes that's why he's honestly answering a question asked by a 14 year old so good job figuring that out

I'm shitposting at you but I do agree with your post
>>
>>24832344
>>24832457
>Anything other than this is pure conjecture or wishful thinking that has no basis in rationality.
>Evolution happened because long time ago some molecules were strange enough to start replicating themselves and turn out they started multiplicating.

pop-sci faggots everybody

>>24832488
it doesn't discount that it could possibly be from a deity though
>>
>>24832485
>pseudo
nice sperg our f.am
you're just mad at me because im right
>>
>>24832510
you're wrong and you're so incredibly short-sighted
>>
>>24832125
I'm a female and there are a lot of short men that I find more attractive than tall men because of their personalities. Who wants a tall guy if he's a total geek and doesn't lift? I'd rather have a short guy who knows how to be a man. Yes I'm speaking from experience. I'd marry said manlet today if he asked me.
>>
>>24832344
>consciousness arises from electrical activity in the brain
Maybe it takes part in the process, but surely you can't mean it's the sole basis for consciousness. Our thoughts are how we access objective reality (objective laws of thought such as laws of logic and absolute truth), but if our thoughts are based solely on electrochemical reactions then they can never be objective. And if your brain can't be objective then any truth claim you make is inherently false. Materialism is irrational; it's a self-denying philosophy.
>>
File: e6rlvqj.png (5 KB, 329x362) Image search: [Google]
e6rlvqj.png
5 KB, 329x362
>>24832507
>your argument is invalid
totally proven your point senpai ;^)
>>
>>24832452

>what if the source is from a source outside of this reality

If it's outside of our "reality", then it doesn't exist. That's literally the definition of whether something exists or not.

Everything else you said is pure speculative thinking. There is nothing but your own imagination that would lead you to those conclusions. If you're trying to find the source of consciousness, start from phenomena that actually exist and work your way from there.
>>
File: redditor.png (621 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
redditor.png
621 KB, 900x900
>>24831987
> Not all women care more for height than personality.
>>
>>24832507
>it doesn't discount that it could possibly be from a deity though

Nothing could ever discount that, since these theoretical deities exist outside of the rules of our universe. And if we can't apply our universe's logic to it to try and understand it better, then what's the fucking point of bringing it up in the first place?
>>
>>24831853
Im a registered voter in Chicago so ill prolly still be voting in elections albeit for the candidate that i most likely wouldnt support.

Also fuck this hivemind /r9k/ has why does this have to be the first thread on the page when i wake up in a sweat and decide to just relax and browse the 4chan?
>>
>>24832620
wow...wrong thread faggot
>>
do you faggots actually believe this stupid bullshit?
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 416x431) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 416x431
>>24831873
Fuck off atheist

Hell is great. Keep people In Line
>>
>>24832620
>Not browsing the catalog exclusively

F U C K E D U P
>>
>>24832668
yo sometimes i feel adventurous
>>
File: image.jpg (647 KB, 900x6491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
647 KB, 900x6491
>>24831873
>>24831917
>>24832057
>>24832372
Enjoy!

This is what awaits you

Sleep tight
>>
>>24831853
It'll probably be like before you were born. Nothingness
>>
>>24832536
>but if our thoughts are based solely on electrochemical reactions then they can never be objective

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but this seems like a logical leap.

Our brains are inherently subjective, but through subjective overlap with the thoughts of others we can attempt to better understand objective reality. Of course we can never fully understand the full extent of objective reality, but we can try.

And about materialism being self defeating, are you trying to say that determinism naturally follows a materialistic viewpoint?
>>
>>24832215
To be fair women only care about personality traits that no robot here would have like confidence and charisma.
>>
Define consciousness.
>>
>>24832764
I'm not the best communicator and the wording can be hard since we're dealing with very basic matters of our thoughts.

Anyways, let me try to reiterate. If we do not within each of ourselves have access to objectivity, we can never make any objective statements. Everything cannot be subjective because the statement itself "everything is subjective" is an objective claim about reality. This is a self-denial (i.e. contradiction).

And it applies to materialism because, as you said, our brains are subjective. They are material. They extend in space. They do not transcend the material realm like laws of thought do.

This is why the soul is the necessary component for us to have access to objectivity, since the soul transcends the material realm, as do laws of thought such as laws of logic.

This is what I mean when I say materialism is self-defeating. Our thoughts cannot be the sole product of our brain, otherwise our thoughts are no longer objective and we lose access to objective things such as the laws of logic.

I'm not sure about that subjective overlap leading to objectivity. All humans inherently (unless they're clinically insane) assume laws of logic to be objective (i.e. always true). It is on this basis that we can communicate or think or do anything. But if everything is subjective, then you're trying to argue against the laws of logic. The irrationality here is that you're arguing (using laws of logic) that everyone only has a subjective mind, which means we cannot use the laws of logic since those laws are objective.

It also sounds like trying to gain truth via probability (induction was it?), which David Hume had a lot to write about.
>>
>>24832215
oh I love you chad! You sure showed those virgins!
>>
File: 14068139569932.png (822 KB, 3300x300) Image search: [Google]
14068139569932.png
822 KB, 3300x300
>>24831853
I'll go to heaven, a higher plane of existence, or whatever you want to call it. There life will become fair: people who had a hard life will have it easy and vice versa.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.