[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw normalfags who talk about depression, while having friends,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 16
>mfw normalfags who talk about depression, while having friends, a loving family, good looks and generally a fulfilling life
>>
It's almost like depression is an illness of the brain and not only a product of one's surroundings.
>>
>>24830971
It is an illness of the brain, yes. But you can't get it by being a normalfag.
You can't get HIV by fapping either.
>>
File: 1446161813637.png (60 KB, 180x242) Image search: [Google]
1446161813637.png
60 KB, 180x242
Youre like... Kindof... An idiot. Ya know that?
>>
>>24830971
What is being said is that someone with massive depression would not have the energy or drive to create/take advantage of the opportunities or work required to develop a family/friend/loverbase etc.

Both may have the 'depresshun' but one of them certainly has a much more debilitating form.

But normies enjoy telling people how to get their shit together because it makes them feel like the wise advicegiver and that's worth atleast 4 facebook points.
>>
>My depression is more important than yours
This is like when normalfags say you cant suffer because some niglet in africa is starving.
Why are you such an attention whore?
>>
File: 1394377516514.png (130 KB, 396x381) Image search: [Google]
1394377516514.png
130 KB, 396x381
>Females who refer to themselves as "nerds" yet have very similar and common interests as their peers.
>>
>>24831042
You have to differentiate. People like us suffer from actual depression, driving us to suicide at some point. That's because, in most cases, depression can not be healed.

What normalfags experience and call "depression", is just a short period of their life in which they failed something. They're just sad for a while, nothing more.
>>
File: kekekekek.jpg (31 KB, 600x548) Image search: [Google]
kekekekek.jpg
31 KB, 600x548
>tfw your brain lost the ability to feel depression or any negative emotions due to a rare type of epilepsy
the holy fucking grail
>>
File: 1436428467242.jpg (112 KB, 800x595) Image search: [Google]
1436428467242.jpg
112 KB, 800x595
>>24831034
I doubt one is more debilitating than the other. people develop healthy habits early in their lives and are able to get through the day like normal. this does not mean the pain is less real when compared to one who is a commonplace, sedentary bum.

the 'normies' I've met who struggle with depression are the ones who are heavily addicted to drugs, alcohol, and bad relationships.
>>
File: 1432527881417.jpg (128 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1432527881417.jpg
128 KB, 500x280
>>24831081
obvious bait

or

so detached from reality and can't see beyond himself

sad, really
>>
>>24831034
It should be a given that every person with a mental illness experiences it differently just like everyone else thinks and feels differently.

We can't blame people for their ignorance or be mad at them for not being sick, especially when they are trying to help to be nice.
>>
>someone tells me they'll always be there for me if I need to talk
>finally work up the courage to tell them about my problems and they just go offline halfway through
>wake up the next morning and I'm deleted
>>
>>24831110
Yes, one is actual, real depression, while the shit from normalfags is just a phase.

At the very least normalfags can't experience depression at the same level as us because they have people and things to fall back on. They have outside support. People care about them and try to help them.

People like us have literally nothing and no one. We are all by ourselves and thus suffer much more. Normalfags didn't experience traumatizing and personality-changing shit all throughout their lives. (which is why they are normalfags in the first place).

Accept it.

>>24831142
Shut your mouth.
>>
>depression
Literally special snowflake the syndrome

I dont care who you are, save me the sob story. All depressedfags are attentionwhores. Thats why r9k has the most soc tier threads, you guys just cant help posting your ugly faces in exchange for one minute of attention.
>>
>>24831172
I feel you man.
Even if people tell you that they are there for you - don't trust or believe them.
Except for close family members literally no one cares about your problems.
They just don't want to bother. It annoys them.

Never tell your problems to anyone. If anything, it'll only make things worse.
>>
>>24831190
You're mistaking actual robots from rebbit attentionwhores. Are you stupid?
>>
>>24831081

Explain to me ultra successful and rich people who top themselves then.
>>
File: 1423593005980.jpg (41 KB, 429x377) Image search: [Google]
1423593005980.jpg
41 KB, 429x377
>>24831181
>>24831181
you truly are detached from reality.

I will pray for your soul in hopes that you find true happiness in this lifetime, robot.
>>
>>24831228
Who "top" themselves? Do you mean off themselves? As in, suicide?
>>
>>24831216
Like I said, i dont care who you are. All people who identify as depressed are the same to me.
You have good times and you have bad times. Bitch about the bad times all you want but dont claim your imaginary mind disorder is anymore valid than the next cunt.
>>
>>24831252
Instead of praying for me, you should explain to me why you think I am wrong. I am open for discussion.
>>
>>24831260

Yes.

Like an anon said earlier, it's almost as if depression is a disease of the brain that doesn't respect status.
>>
>>24831275
>legitimately proven illness
>imaginary mind disorder

lmao, this is how stupid normos are.
>>
>>24831275
Except the people in these rate me threads aren't depressed. They don't even say that they're depressed. And even if they do say so, it's the normalfag "depression" shit that I talked about in my other posts.
>>
File: 1432586988268.jpg (59 KB, 896x921) Image search: [Google]
1432586988268.jpg
59 KB, 896x921
>on twitter
>random generic tumblr girl clone #557
>"omg my life sucks so much kill me :(!!!!"
>5 posts down
>pictures with chad and stacy
>nice house
>is generally good looking
>has friends
>etc

there is no possible way these people are depressed they are attention seeking whores. shut and closed. normals CANNOT be depressed.
>>
>>24831280
Not that anon but there's not much to discuss. You've made up your mind. Anyone who you perceive as a normie can't "really" be depressed. But whatever, I'm a baitable fag anyway. Have you considered that fiends and family form a support network, and therefore are part of a "treatment" for depression rather than a part of the original illness? In other words, normies can be just as or more depressed than robots at the base level, but they just have more tools to cope with it.
>>
Depression is totally hijacked by the normies at this point.

It's a normie meme, just remember all the screencaps of #the worst thing about depression etc.

Even if you are incredibly sad and suicidal, do not say you have depression, because you are falling in a normie trap.

What you have to do to piss of the normies is to claim depression IS NOT real. Which it probably isn't anyway. Fucking pharma marketing campaign all of it.

Especially roasties claiming to be depressed WILL get their titties in a bunch if you say depression isn't real.

It's worth leaving the word 'depression' behind to achieve this prize.

Just use sadness, or melancholia or feels instead. And if the normies claim that too, use something else.

So to sum up:
Depression isn't real, you attention seeking whore!!!
>>
>>24831286
First of all, these people usually don't kill themselves. There might be a few exceptions here and there, not gonna deny that, but the vast majority live a happy life.

Now let's get to these people who do kill themselves, even though they have a conventionally "good" life.

My thesis is that these people feel alienated from others due to their money and status. They suspect everyone to only be after their money and status. They can't trust most people because everyone will just befriend those people for their own, personal gain.
And then they feel lonely, which is very understandable. And these people have very few, if any, people to turn to because, as I said, they'd suspect everyone to just be a fake friend.
>>
File: 1421822748156.jpg (96 KB, 599x602) Image search: [Google]
1421822748156.jpg
96 KB, 599x602
>>24831280
it wouldn't be worth the effort because you have a very small view of the world and its people. all logic and basic empathy is truncated by your emotions.
>>
>>24831081

It's funny because you have it the other way around.

The medical definition of depression is feelings of dread or misery for no reason at all no matter what you do to help it.

If you got a girlfriend or a job or a nice house or whatever, you wouldn't be feeling depressed anymore. That just means you were sad that you didn't have things in life and that's very common.

If you had real depression, no matter how much money you had or how many friends you had, you would still have those oppressive feelings of dread.

Don't use the term "depression" as a synonym for "being sad". It's completely different
>>
>>24831034
Maybe I'm just trying to earn enough GBP so that when I go home from school for the holidays I can sit alone in my room in the dark and shitpost in peace while people think I'm studying or something
>>
>>24831335
I haven't made up my mind. I can be convinced, which is why I offered him to explain his thoughts.

What you said about the tools is a good argument and I have to agree partly. But then again, as I said in this post >>24831181, normalfags will never get to the same "level" of depression as us. Because they have the tools and means to cure their sad phase. (note: I said sad phase instead of depression because depression can't be healed - what they experience is just a sad phase!)
>>
>>24831292
>>24831290
I dont differentiate between what you think as true robot and normalfag. In your mind that might matter but to me youre just another soft cunt who cant handle the harsh realities of life. Natural selection says your genetic deficiency will result in the end of your lineage. Everything else is just chatter
>>
>>24831432
>I dont differentiate between what you think as true robot and normalfag
>youre just another soft cunt who cant handle the harsh realities of life
>mental illness caused by different chemical imbalances within the brain
>lol ur jus soft kunt bruv giv us a durry and b urself lad ullay

Crash your commie lad.
>>
>>24831374
Okay then.

>>24831386
No, depression doesn't pop up out of nowhere. It has reasons. Read up on it.
It can be caused by life events.
>>
>>24831459
This is why you will always remain untermensch. You actively seek out excuses instead of weathering the storm and looking straight ahead. Everyones got problems dipshit, some more than others. But you know what? Thats just how life is. You think a snake signed up to be devoured by an eagle? Whatever problems you have are your own and you should keep them to yourself instead of tryig to outdo everyone else in a sad cunt competition. No one wants to listen to your sob story
>>
File: 13.png (384 KB, 648x783) Image search: [Google]
13.png
384 KB, 648x783
>>24831531
>jus lookin 4 excuse bruh

Actually I was just telling you how you're retarded.
>>
I have everything. My mind wont let me accept it. I've tried to kill myself 3 times. It's all shit.
>>
>>24831420
If you concede that depression and the tools used to treat depression are indeed separate, then you've proved my point.

Let's say A is how depressed you are, B are your tools for dealing with depression, and C is the end result of how you feel.
Then it's as simple as A - B = C.

Now, in most cases, you're right, C will be much bigger for robots since they have less tools to deal with depression. However, there's really nothing stopping A from being really, really large for a normie. Thus it's possible that even with friends and a supportive family, a normie could still be more depressed than a robot. Is it likely? Not very. But it's definitely possible and occurs more often than you think.
>>
File: supahot.jpg (51 KB, 800x435) Image search: [Google]
supahot.jpg
51 KB, 800x435
>>24831009
there are people who live normalfag lives and kill themselves out of nowhere from depression, famo
>>
>>24831555
Thats what it always boils down to. And why would it not? Theres a reason for every excuse. It might not be pleasant, but it's a reason nonetheless. Eagle eats snake because it's a superior creature. I know what causes depression, whether it be psychological or biological. Im just saying that at the end of the day, people dont care. Whining won't solve anything. If you werent meant to pass down your genes, thats just too bad.
>>
>>24830959
>thinks that depression is caused by circumstances

You probably also get mad when normies tell you "cheer up lots of people have it worse than you".
>>
File: 170.png (73 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
170.png
73 KB, 454x453
>mfw some roastie nearby said she is "depressed"
>>
>>24831110
>addicted to drugs, alcohol, and bad relationships.

How the fuck do you have so many relationships that you get addicted to it?
Meanwhile, true robots will never even know one.

The normie privilege is unreal.
>>
>>24831680
>Meanwhile true robots will never even know one.
Probably because you put relationships on a pedestal. Same way most people on this board alternate between hating normalfags and lamenting the fact that they dont have any friends or gf.
>>
How is that different from your normal food chewing face
>>
>>24831181
>People like us
Please stop trying to be inclusive in your delusions.
Depression is a mental illness that doesn't differentiate based on success or "privelige". If you are depressed and change places with a "normalfag", you will still be depressed. The illness can be triggered by life events, but it is by no means dependant on its victim being a socially inept fuckwit.
>>
>>24831365
Oh right i forgot that these random assertions about mental illness are totally unfounded and unsupported by anything except your belief that "normalfags can't be as sad as i am".
I totally agree that the popular understanding of depression is warped and the word is chronically misused, but to then say that therefore normal people can't be depressed is retarded.
>>
>>24831940
>>24831981
Yeah? Explain why almost all of the people who commit suicide are losers. Explain that.
>>
>I'm a sad sack of shit therefore I am depressed
>how dare normies claim they are depressed

Fuck you all who think like this.
>>
>>24831999
It's almost like hating yourself, feeling miserable all the time, and the constant desire to commit suicide will make a person more of an introvert than an extrovert, and have a serious impact on all aspects of their life. Heck, it might even be enough to make otherwise outgoing people, "Losers".
I really hope this whole thread is bait and you aren't as much of a dildo as it seems.
>>
>>24831999
Also where are you getting any of this information from. Literally none of it has been backed up by anything other than you hating both yourself and anyone who isn't a fucking loser like you.
>Explain why almost all
How about you tell me what qualifies as almost all you stupid cunt?
>>
>>24831081
>People like us
We are not like you, idiot. A lot of r9k has some intelligence at lest
>>
File: image_8.jpg (47 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
image_8.jpg
47 KB, 768x432
>>24830959
No, FUCK YOU
The sheer amount of times I see posts like this just straight up infuriates me
>6ft5
>8ish looks
>deep voice
>7.5inch
>loving but disappointed mother
>handful of "real" friends
"Reee normie out how can u be a robot reeee" Guess fucking what
>forced to drop out at 13 due to financial problems of my parents
>can't go to public schools because foreign country and I don't speak the language above beginner lvl
>the only girl I ever had any feelings for or could relate to kills herself 3 years into our relationship
>can't afford to put down our family dog that was with us for years so watch him suffer with babesiosis until I kill him myself
>dog I had with me since I was 10 dies of cancer just when I finally saved up some money for anything he might need
>cancer untreatable
>see everyone I ever met surpass me in every way on normiebook
>see everyone being happy with their fucking lives
>end up deleting normiebook
I'm 19 now with the /r9k/ standard (it seems) clinical depression, severe social anxiety and suicidal tendencies
I was on escitalopram but I'm down to my last 2 pills and we can't afford the psychologist/psychiatrist so I'll probably end up offing myself soon as they run out since the only thing those shit pills did was halt everyday fantasies of suicide
I should add I've been working probably unhealthy jobs for my age at the time and still do + learn what I can off of the internet
>>
>>24832148
Now this is a dose of reality. Unfortunately a lot of angry robots are going to belittle you and claim their insignificant problems are much worse than yours.
>>
>>24830959
Shit life is shit life and not depression. Depression is an illness

>>24832148
You're just 19, you'll get a new dog someday
>>
File: comeon.png (193 KB, 316x346) Image search: [Google]
comeon.png
193 KB, 316x346
>mfw normalfags complain about loneliness despite of having gf/bf
>>
>>24830959
>have many friends
>family's somewhat broken but ones I live with love me
>NEET sack of shit
>not bad looking
>still get sex every so often
>still diagnosed with major depression which left me bed-bound for three months straight
>>
File: jesus.png (168 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
jesus.png
168 KB, 1366x768
Have had an incurable stutter since I was a kid, getting a job has been a nightmare, seeing recruiters wince as I can sense how they're going to tell me I'm not suited for a position never gets old. When I'm not reminded of that life is ok for me I guess.

But I see things like pic related and I don't understand. Not to get all No True Scotsman but if you can get employment and a life partner I couldn't imagine fishing for sympathy
>>
OP feel is why I can't take Have a Nice Life seriously
>>
>>24832550
>>24832796
You just have to understand that, as a lot of anons itt already pointed out, psychological problems and a shitty life are not the same. They often go hand in hand, but not always

A stutter btw is hardly a reason for having no job
>>
>>24832972
>A stutter btw is hardly a reason for having no job

It's not like I'm incapable of physically working or mentally incompetent but recruiters and employers have said my communication skills are very, very poor. Takes me 30 seconds to get out what most can in 5. Not mad at them though, wouldn't want someone who sounds like a fucked up car starting to have a role interacting with clients or relaying info to other team members
>>
>>24833338
there are jobs that don't need much talking
>>
>>24830959
Having friends, family, wife/husband, a job.....it all carries a new set of problems. I don't see how you can think of all the aforementioned as salvation or a solution

I can smell your inexperience from here, man
>>
ITT normalfags are offended because they think they're deeeeeeeeeeeeeepressed
>>
>>24833474
>I can smell your inexperience from here, man
this, OP is a teen who don't know nothing about life or depression
>>
>>24832314
Loneliness is mental, you can "feel" lonely without actually being physically lonely.
>>
>>24830959
Do you guys not have any friends at all? Not even 1?
>>
>>24832085
fuck off you kikelord
>>
>>24830959
>mfw rich white kids in first world country complaining about how hard life is for them
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.