[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do the terms "chad" and "stacey" come from?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 1439524239482.png (64 KB, 603x1671) Image search: [Google]
1439524239482.png
64 KB, 603x1671
Where do the terms "chad" and "stacey" come from?
>>
You couldn't connect the dots?
>>
>>24830831

chad is the undisputed chad name, stacy was created as the antithesis

you whore
>>
They don't have longer versions of their names
>>
>>24830831
Chad:
Charismatic
Handsome
Able
Dominant

I forget what stacey was.
>>
>>24830958
Stacey:

Sucking
The
Ample
Cock
Of
Chad
>>
>>24830977
Stacoc?

How the fuck can a cock be ample?
>>
>>24830977
holy shit nice.
>>
>>24830991
You haven't sucked enough dicks, have you?
>>
I know Chad Thundercock must be pretty old. I remember hearing it years before it became big on here.
>>
File: 1312268149276.png (12 KB, 417x500) Image search: [Google]
1312268149276.png
12 KB, 417x500
>>24830831
Because a lot of wealthy WASP baby boomers named their children Chad and Stacey, and they grew up to be the archetypal normies due to their status-level in the class system.
>>
>>24831033
>WASP baby boomers
When will this meme die. WASPs make up like 10% of the country at best. Most people are of a mixed European ancestry along with hispanic and other shit. Literally shut the fuck up about WASPs as some "ebil" part of the population.
>>
File: thisfuckingguy.jpg (78 KB, 478x359) Image search: [Google]
thisfuckingguy.jpg
78 KB, 478x359
>>24831053
What the fuck are you complaining about? "Chad" and "Stacy" make up about < 10% of the population, so it kind of fits, doesn't it?
Out of your high school senior class, how many people got be the homecoming king and queen? Two did. Two out of potentially hundreds of people. Those two were "Chad" and "Stacy" unless your school somehow pulled a Carrie. They are a minority. Not every normie male is a Chad, nor is every normie female a Stacy; only the most popular and most successful normies fit those terms, and they often have upper-class WASP parents, you twat.
>>
>>24831004

"Chad Thundercock" started being used sometime in 2010. Before that we just said "alphas".

Also, Chad thundercock used to refer to the top ~5% of guys that get laid by a different girl on a weekly basis. Nowadays it seems to mean any guy who has consistent sex.
>>
>>24831192
I have a friend like this. It's amazing to watch him work, because he literally has no fucking idea how he does it.
>>
>>24831033
This man, every time I ever came across some well to do asshole piece of shit kid in school that lived in a gated neighborhood and his parents had him pampered to hell, he was some WASP.
They pretty much just buy their way through life.
Thank god they're going to go extinct soon. You can even see it in our politics. The now German-american plurality wants to elect a fascist president.
Good on.
>>
I vote they should be filtered to "Brad" and "Janet"
>>
>>24831237
>Janet
Thats the name of the "foreign" girl that played the clarinet and always had a cold and sniffles, and her only friend was a fat annoyin girl.

Like, some eastern european or a Jew. That is what janet sounds like.
>>
>>24831237
Brad and Janet are the Chad and Stacy of the 1970s
>>
What about Lara?
>>
>>24831213

The highest concentration of WASPs are in West Virginia fam8
>>
>>24831004
I saw Chad for the first time in an /r9k/ sitcom thread in August or September 2012. It was proposed to be the name of the normalfag antagonist of the sitcom. I don't remember if it was this thread or another one, but some anon or anons said Chad is a good name because popular and successful men in movies are often named Chad.

In Chicago slang, Chad has been a word for socially and sexually successful male in his 20s and 30s since at least the 90s.

I don't know the origin of the name Thundercock.
>>
>>24832251
Lara Croft
>>
>>24832998
>I don't know the origin of the name Thundercock.

I think it's a regendering of "thundercunt". I've been hearing that one since early middle school so it's definitely been around for a while.
>>
Chad and Stacey are a generation too old

It should be Tyler or Madison
>>
>>24833077
tyler is not a chad name
madison maybe
>>
File: 1416342673917.jpg (956 KB, 2046x1946) Image search: [Google]
1416342673917.jpg
956 KB, 2046x1946
>>24830831
>Where do the terms "chad" and "stacey" come from?
Real life.
>>
Chad is a masculine given name of Anglo-Saxon/Welsh origins. It is the modernized form of the Old English given name Ceadda, possibly influenced by the Welsh word cad meaning "battle". Ceadda was a 7th-century English saint.

Until the 20th century, Chad was very rarely used as a given name. According to the Social Security Administration, Chad first entered the top 1000 names for male children in the United States in 1945, when it was the 997th most popular name. Its popularity suddenly peaked beginning in the mid 1960s, reaching rank 25 in 1972 and 1973. From the mid 1970s, its popularity began a gradual decline, reaching rank 236 in 2000 and rank 667 as of 2013.

Stacy, sometimes spelled Stacey, Staci, Staecy, or Stacie, is a common first name for women, and occasionally men. The most common male spelling is "Stacy".

The meaning of the name is disputed. Baby-naming guides cite two alternative English derivations of Greek origins; Anastasia meaning "resurrection" for girls, and Eustace (Eustachios) meaning "bountiful grain" for boys.[1]

Other related names include Eustacia, Stasia, and Stasha.
>>
Non burger here.
What is a WASP? some type of rich baby boomer?
>>
>>24834165
Go back to school faggot
>>
People with the name Chad and Stacey usually do live up to how /r9k/ sees them. Literally 99% of them do.
>>
>>24834181
>hurr i cant read
sorry i don't know your terms for shit you amerilard
>>
>>24834211
WASP means White Anglo-Saxon Protestant, I learned this in Dutch middle school
>>
>>24833077
jesus christ, and I thought nig nog american names were terrible.

>>24834165
google
>>
>>24833211
I agree. Tyler is a beta or "that kid".
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.