[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say you acquire a gf somehow. And somehow you manage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1406230451746.jpg (122 KB, 1278x1181) Image search: [Google]
1406230451746.jpg
122 KB, 1278x1181
Let's say you acquire a gf somehow.
And somehow you manage to keep her for a few years and marry her at some point.

Your wife now asks you when you guys are making a joint bank account, i.e. put both your bank accounts into one.

What do you do? Do you say no and risk a fight, or do you say yes and risk losing lots of money every month due to her irresponsibility with buying clothing?
>>
I'd ask her why we need a joint bank account. If she can't give me a good reason then it's not happening. I feel like this happened to OP and he caved.
>>
just one of the many reasons i can't ever see myself getting married

it's hard enough to motivate myself to do my job that i hate every day, the fact that i would no longer even control 100% of my income would be extremely demotivating to keep doing said job
>>
Why don't you already have two personal bank acounts? Just merge the one
>>
>>24830058
Get a joint account for shared expenses, keep the remainder on a personnal account.

There's absolutely no way I'd use a fully shared account.
>>
>>24830058
>marrying

well ok in this hypothetical, since it's clearly unrealistic, I cuntpunt her to Pluto and download a new wife over the internet and get stuck for hours installing wife mods and trying to deal with mod conflicts and load orders before booting up a new wife that doesn't ask for a joint back account.
>>
>>24830058

If that's a concern, then you should have never married her in the first place.

Same thing goes with pre-nuptuial agreeemnts - if it crosses your mind, you shouldn't be getting married
>>
Am married and have a joint account. My wife makes all the money though, so really it's her that took the risk.
>>
Me and my girlfriend don't have a joint account, but we still pretty much share all the money. It's just a matter of trust and picking a girl who can be responsible. Then you two can work as a team instead of you treating her like an enemy.
>>
This is something that should be discussed before you get married. You don't wait until you're years in to the marriage to talk about what you want to do with finances.

If you're dating someone and you disagree about how to finance the marriage, then they're not right for you, and you should get out.
>>
Either change the subject and postpone it forever or join the accounts and never deposit anymore money into it.
It's generally a bad idea to have all of your money in one place anyways.
>>
>>24830058
When I first started visiting r9k as a reprieve from /b/ it seemed full of intelligent thinkers possibly in their early 20s. Now it seems like a bunch of 18-21 year old self saboteurs with incredibly closed minds. Maybe it was because I was only 20 and getting drunk and high every day. Either I grew up or you fucks grew way down. Probably a little of both.

Anyways this is stupid. You don't get married until you're in a relationship with a girl you trust with your money. You're trusting her to spend the rest of your life together, possibly mother your children, be by your side supporting you always, and you're worried about trusting her with your money? If she spend likea super mario then you don't marry her. Itsa that easy anon/b//r9k/obot

You guys need to meet different/any women seriously. Yeah most women are fuckcunts. Most men are Chadbrochills. We can relate more to the douche bag guys because at least we're both men. Women are different and even cool women are tough to deal with sometimes, but they can make great companions if you learn how to properly relate with one.

>This is shit I worried about when I was 19 because I only hung around college chicks.
>Got older
>Realized I controlled the kind of women I met and attracted.
>Shit is so ca$h
>>
>>24830229
>Same thing goes with pre-nuptuial agreeemnts - if it crosses your mind, you shouldn't be getting married

Really, dude? It's this type of thinking that causes men to lose all their money in the divorce. Not that I care what happens to you idiots. If you normie shits want to trust women then I'll be here for the inevitable greentext sob story years down the line.
>>
File: 1384106886085.jpg (54 KB, 389x366) Image search: [Google]
1384106886085.jpg
54 KB, 389x366
>>24830058
>Do you say no and risk a fight

This is why you don't have a girlfriend.
This right here.
This fear of making women angry.
This fear of offending the mighty vagina.
This complete inability to enforce your boundaries.
This compulsion to be a shitty passive bitch doormat
This is profoundly unattractive and you need to fix it.

Also you're fucked financially anyway if you already married her.
>>
Say yes and use all of our combined income to bet on risky bio-tech stocks
>>
I would never marry and would always have separate personal accounts.

This is something I would actually bring up and put my foot down on very early on if living together.

Only reason why their would be a joint account is if we were running a small business together or something and the business account was in both our names as founding/controlling members. Even then it would be better to at least switch it to a LLC as soon as possible.
>>
File: 1443594114744.gif (832 KB, 252x188) Image search: [Google]
1443594114744.gif
832 KB, 252x188
>"sure honey lets do that"

>tfw she doesn't know about the other private account
>>
>>24830271
>This is something that should be discussed before you get married.
This.
>>
>>24830194
>>24830201

These right here.

2 accounts: 1 personal for your own throwaway spending and separate savings, and 1 shared for mutual expenses like rent, groceries, car payments if you share it, etc.
>>
File: tmyk.png (87 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
tmyk.png
87 KB, 277x182
>>24830345

Yes, really. You shouldn't enter a life long, legally binding commitment with another person if any doubts, financial or otherwise, come into play.

If more people took this advice, there would be far less divorces.

You can still fuck and live together without entering a legally binding marriage.
>>
>>24830428
this man has it figured out. What they dont know doesnt hurt them
>>
>>24830213
smae senpai
>>
File: 0099 - 7h2SHTm.png (403 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
0099 - 7h2SHTm.png
403 KB, 1500x1500
>>24830058
i would say yes because im a NEET
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.