[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you all aware that the feelings of depression and unhappiness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: 1444142218148.gif (2 MB, 395x310) Image search: [Google]
1444142218148.gif
2 MB, 395x310
Are you all aware that the feelings of depression and unhappiness that you are feeling are only increased by spending time here? What sort of man deserves help when he will not attempt to help himself?

Even if you don't believe in some deity, the cosmic forces are with those try
>>
>>24829557
i think you mean "with those that try"

either way i agree
>>
k.. not original
>>
>>24829557
>What sort of man deserves help when he will not attempt to help himself?
I agree. All men should just die if they can't find a reason to live.
>>
>>24829605
But are you conscious that these feelings that we all incessantly whine about are only made even worse by subjecting ourselves to it 24/7?
>>
>>24829645
What then? What would you yourself do to solve this problem?
>>
>>24829698
He just beeed himself.
It worked for him every time.
>>
>>24829698
>>24829724
you guys make it sound like it's so goddam hard.

Beeeee yourself but beeee respectful of others at the same time. If you are nice and kind to others, but they shun you for who you are, then fuck them, they aren't worth your time.

When we were in highschool everyone praised the handsome jocks. You know who does that now? No one, except for tiny community colleges where those jocks who did fuck all are desperately trying to recreate their glory days.

Being into anime and video games is now culturally popular. Discuss with other human beings how you feel about shit, and be respectful of them at the same time. No one gives a shit about looks anymore, everyone's too old and too ugly to try to look pretty anymore.
>>
>>24829770
You're an idiot and you don't understand anything about me or my problems.
You sound like you have a bit of a distorted view of reality as well.
When high school is finished, you might start to understand some stuff then.
>>
"Oh man I sure am giving a care for those people I was shit back to in high school lemme post about this on Facebook, Stacy's already on my dick but I'm sure she'll think I'm even cooler"
Fuck off Chad, you weren't wanted last shooting and you're not wanted now
Fucking going on about "anime and gaming is now culturally popular" WELL FUCK ME RUNNING, THE TWO PLACES I WENT TO GET AWAY FROM NORMALSHITS ARE NOW CHOCK FUCKING FULL OF THEM. EXCELLENT. THIS FIXES EVERY PROBLEM IN MY LIFE, I'M SURE I'LL BE ABLE TO TALK TO CHAD AND TYRONE ABOUT WHY I GET A PAIN IN MY CHEST WHILE READING KOE NO KITACHI THEY'LL DEFINITELY GIVE A FUCK JUST BECAUSE THEY "SHARE MY INTERESTS" (WHICH MAY I REMIND YOU OP IS THEM LIKING THINGS BECAUSE IT'S POPULAR AT THE MOMENT ON NORMIEBOOK)
Fuck you, fuck "beeeeing yourself", fuck "beeeeing respectful", and fuck off.
>>
File: Tired of people.jpg (86 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
Tired of people.jpg
86 KB, 640x852
>>24829557
What make you think a human deserve my presence. Why would I waste time with some people that always expect something out of me and fail to have my expectation met. If you suggest the idea that a cosmic force exist to those that try. Explain to me, the fact that someone have failed to get his life together after trying at least 100 times and got no other result than shitty people being angry at you and expecting you to do all the hard work every time but in the end, that same person get no benefit out of it. It is time that I start to please myself and let the world know that they can fuck off if they're not satisfied.
>>
>>24829557
>Even if you don't believe in some deity, the cosmic forces are with those try
No, nobody chooses to take control of their life and to improve.
Free will, which you are implying here, does not exist in this form (sadly).
>>
This place is the only one where I can forget how lonely I am... I've tried to face depression by myself already, but it's even worse than coping...
>>
File: BeeAllThatYouCanBee.webm (324 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
BeeAllThatYouCanBee.webm
324 KB, 512x512
>>24833666
No, he is right.
What every man eventually has to do is take control of his life, be himself and good things will come to him.
You're just lazy and blaming the world for the consequences of your poor choices. Own your life, faggot.
>>
>>24833727
You are just phrasing sentences without even thinking about what I said.
>>
File: weeredditnao.jpg (161 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
weeredditnao.jpg
161 KB, 550x535
>>24833745
Be yourself, that's what I said.
You said people can't be themselves when that's clearly not true. Lazy and defeatist, that's what you are.
>>
>>24833666
Dubs and trips... To an unworthy anon have been given. Free will exists kid, to think otherwise is foolish.

I used to think it didnt, but Ive recently realized the truth
>>
>>24833807
I am not defeatist, I acknowledge that you cannot be something without acquiring certain skills through hard work. But you still just spew lies about having the free will to decide all this.

Its easier to talk about success if you are born with the right genetics and environment to support your success. You just keep talking like this because you don't want to admit that you cannot take credit for your or anyone's success.
>>
File: goofysmile.png (152 KB, 935x855) Image search: [Google]
goofysmile.png
152 KB, 935x855
I spent most of my time on reddit
It actually made me sick. People on there are genuinely horrible creatures. They boast entitlement, play into confirmation bias, and rave about how good/ original they are.
I always held a slew of unpopular opinions and motives, and people would outright ask me "why say that if you know most people won't agree with you"

It feels good to be somewhere that starts from the very bottom and works their way up.
All posts share equal value, no one holds an identity so ad hominem and personal pride don't get in the way. Hilarious shitposts, rage bait, personal discussions and rants- all this is far more human and spiritually fulfilling than the judgemental circlejerking.

Despite the horrible shit on here, it feels real. More connected to reality. Some people are overly negative, racist, or sexist. Most of the time I just pretend they're being ironic, but I hear all the valid points, the bad points, and I also get equal opportunity to hear the opposing side.

I literally learned MORE valid stuff about the feminist movement and whatever problems females face on here than I have anywhere else surprisingly. That is insane for a vietnamese crate manufacturing forum.

I feel happier, sadder, angrier and more peaceful. Despite being called robots, I feel more human than most of my peers.
>>
File: pepecault.jpg (39 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
pepecault.jpg
39 KB, 500x348
>>24833872
I feel bad now, you seem like a good guy.
I agree with you 100%, the notion of free will is incompatible with causality.
>>
>>24833872
The thing you have to realize is that these people talking to you aren't genetically lucky normies.
If they ended up on 4chan they probably have that sick sense of humour; the one that makes fun of the world and all the petty people in it. It's that... Bred up hate, that superiority complex.

Those are symptoms of being an ultimate loser. Someone no one wants to talk to, someone who doesn't fit in anywhere, someone who seems like a lost cause.

Chances are all these people telling you to not be so down on yourself have legitimately tried suicide countless times, maybe for reasons more prominent or more petty than yours.

I was like that; I hated life. Well, it wasn't life I hated; I loved nature, loved goofy animals, loved group banter (although I hardly got to be a part of it and just mostly listened)
I fucking loved the shit out of videogames, imagination- stuff like that.
Like if someone came up to me and called me pathetic worthless scum, I'd agree.
But if they came up and said that nature or nebulas were gay, I'd instantly rage

Dunno, I didn't always think about the cool shit. More often than not when my life was complete shit and had no future, videogames and youtube were simply distractions from what my mind WANTED to focus on: how pathetic and hopeless I was.
I'd shit on small opportunities to change myself just to spite myself and the world. Fuck this shitty world, fuck me, I don't deserve this world and they don't even deserve me. This is bullshit, everything is bullshit, this is so unfair. Why is everyone else happy and I'm all alone? Is this on purpose? This must be. Because I'm a nice person. I have... Some nice qualities. Fuck.

But as soon as I was put into contexts where my innate abilities came into play, the ones I thought were detrimental or forgot existed, I don't know, it all changed. It felt like I could do anything.

Perhaps the free will shit is a symptom of feeling good. Dunno.
(May cont.)
>>
>>24834038
You can check out >>24833916 and go from there. Our best theory about reality is described by determinism and it prevents things like free will to exist in its most common definition.

I believe that you can feel happy without any kind of free will and that becoming a defeatist is not an attribute of believing in determinism, but rather a broken state of ones psyche that leads to a defeatist mindset.

I am not saying that I won't change for the better and leave my NEET lifestyle to become a functional member of society. I really don't know, but I fear that its not truly up to me.
>>
>>24834038
Also I am not really hateful towards people.
I am hateful towards the general opinion of people that comfort is mostly a higher priority than knowing the truth and acting accordingly to it.
>>
>>24834191
>functional member of society
I never saw the appeal of this

I'm of the free will mindset, but come on why the fuck would you waste your life conforming to rules that don't benefit you
Path of least resistance + cosmic goals
My cosmic goal is to create and share stories, cause I have intensely vivid imagination that I'm sure plenty of people on here also have

Functional member of society just puts you into this "We take what we can out of you, we give you superficial prizes"- there is no point beyond getting your essential commodities to survive. No one will remember you even if you are the super CEO of big national branch. They can all burn in hell for I care, they have never created any bit of happiness through their existence, not ever nor will they ever.

Fuck you, this made me angry, fucking faggots wanting to be "functional member of society"
Just go for "humane" if anything. You go farther with empathy and real feelings while simultaneously being aware of cruelty.
>>
>>24834385
I have a irrational fear of being put into jail for my neet lifestyle.
Also I fear societies backlash on a 50yo neat if I continue this for 30 years.

I just want to become a wageslave that can pay his rent and his internet bills, nothing more.
>>
>>24834418
>I have a irrational fear of being put into jail for my neet lifestyle.
>Also I fear societies backlash on a 50yo neat if I continue this for 30 years.
You have yet to discover how impartial the world is, my friend
You are not an enemy until you paint yourself as a target

That is what most people on 4chan have fun with, and the more autistic users take this form of humour into the real world and get themselves into trouble with over the top trolling

But, inherently we have a need to feel wanted, or having a place. We also have a need to see things made, build things, have projects.
Which is why creating + internet is the best thing to aim for imo. Youtube videos, animations, indie games, websites, drawings- anything
Makes you feel like you have purpose, makes you feel good when you get like 3,000+ people watching you, makes you feel validated when someone shits on your work and gives backlash
>>
>>24834524
>get like 3,000+ people watching you
Funny because I used to program little games during my last semesters in senior hs and people were impressed by it.
>>
this is the only place where I can actually talk to other 'people' about how much of a fuckup I am

I'd rather be miserable than alone and miserable
>>
>>24834578
This. I think most of my sanity actually comes from visiting this place. I dunno what I would do without it.
>>
File: 32f.jpg (42 KB, 1024x736) Image search: [Google]
32f.jpg
42 KB, 1024x736
>>24829557

HOLY SHIT GET ANDERSON FUCKING COOPER ON THE LINE THIS GUY JUST SOLVED ALL ROBOTS PROBLEMS WITH HIS PROFOUND PHILOSOPHY
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.