[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>literally mentally retarded >still want to be successful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 5
File: gandy.jpg (15 KB, 236x343) Image search: [Google]
gandy.jpg
15 KB, 236x343
>literally mentally retarded
>still want to be successful but never will be
Who /lowIQ/ here?
>>
If you understood your high school material, your IQ is not low and you are being falsely modest.
>>
>>24828407
I have a low IQ. I'm determined to be successful. Being dumb just makes everything more difficult to learn. I really have to put in the work in order to pass tests.
>>
>>24828432
I graduated high school 6 years ago and I've been bouncing between minimum wage jobs ever since.
I try to do more but I am too stupid to understand anything beyond the most simple and menial tasks, so I just stagnate in continuous failure and misery.
>>
>>24828432
Also, when I was in high school, I was a terrible student that almost dropped out but I was instead transferred to a delinquent school where I finished my junior and senior years.
So that pretty much means I am a retard.
>>
Sometimes I really wish I was dumb or even retarded.

I'm think I'm pretty smart, not extremely so, but smarter than average by quite a large margin. I worry about everything. I can't stop worrying about stuff and I'm never happy.

When I was poor I thought that if I made a lot of money I would be happy. I now make $100k+ a year online and all I do is worry about when it's gonna end, worry about taxes or worry about moving to countries with lower taxes.

Then I walk around and I see dumb or even retarded people and they seem to be far happier than I am. What's the purpose of being smart if you're unhappy, happiness is the only thing that matters.
>>
>>24828597
>Sometimes I really wish I was dumb or even retarded.

If you *literally* walked one mile in our shoes, as in, if you literally lived a life of a low-IQ person for fifteen minutes, you would want to kill yourself.
>>
>>24828597
>What's the purpose of being smart if you're unhappy, happiness is the only thing that matters.

Also, another of the billions of people who don't understand the concept of predictive power. Typical.
>>
that means you most likely feel less embarrassment than the average person which means you're more willing to try certain things which gives you an advantage
>>
>IQ
>Meaningful

My IQ was 153 when last measured and I'm a total fucking retard. It's a red herring of a measurement, it measures your ability to recognize patterns and nothing more.
>>
>>24828631

wow you really are retarded

that's not what literally means.
>>
>>24828407
I barely did any work in HS compared to my classmates, and I still pulled through with ok grades at a good school. The problem is that now at uni, I failed to get rid of my old habits and keep getting bad grades because I can't be bothered to work hard. Intelligence is wasted if you don't use it to your benefit. Besides, anyone can do well if they work hard enough. Talent is only a tiny part of it.

My message is: don't give up, anon. There is still time.
>>
>>24828407
Actual mentally retarded people with disabilities have average brain function, just slow memory process.
You're just a lazy twat
>>
>>24828684
Suck my ducking dick you faggot you happy now?
>>
>>24828660
>it measures your ability to recognize patterns and nothing more

Not only do you insult us stupid people by saying you are a retard.

Not only are you profoundly wrong by implying that pattern recognition is only relevant in test taking.

You are literally harming the society by obscuring through insistence of meaninglessness of IQ the myriads of ways in which the lot of people who have been born stupid could have been better if eugenic steps had been taken, of which ways you're unaware because you haven't done your reading.

I'm out. It is always a mistake to enter IQ threads -- a painful, bitter, futile mistake.
>>
>>24828684
>Intelligence is wasted if you don't use it to your benefit. Besides, anyone can do well if they work hard enough. Talent is only a tiny part of it.

Another insulting, wrong, harmful, predictive power-oblivious poster.

Out. Out. Out.
>>
>>24828631
My sister is borderline retarded. She has some sort of autism that gives her a learning disability. I can say with 99% certainty that she's happier than I am.

What good is it that I am smarter than her if she's happier than I am.

I'm not saying that being dumber necessarily makes her happier. But if I were dumber I would probably not worry/overthink as much, which might make me happier.
>>
>>24828743
>I'm tall, but miserable
>but yes, still, being tall is pretty nice

>I'm healthy, but miserable
>but yes, still, being healthy is pretty nice

>I'm handsome, but miserable
>but yes, still, being handsome is pretty nice

>I'm intelligent, but miserable
>WHICH MEANS INTELLIGENCE IS WORTHLESS IN ITSELF ONLY LOSERS CARE ABOUT INTELLIGENCE INTELLIGENCE MEANS NOTHING UNLESS YOU TRY PEOPLE WHO OBSESS OVER INTELLIGENCE ARE IDIOTS EFFORT TRUMPS INTELLIGENCE
>>
>>24828798
>>24828743
But I am supposed to forgive you. You haven't done your reading on IQ, you will never recognize the goalpost-moving of 'well, yes, okay, intelligence has *some* uses, but...', you are just a regular human being.
>>
>>24828597
OP here.
I'm continually on the verge of eviction, in debt, and live on scraps due to the fact that my low IQ keeps me from achieving more.
If I made that kind of money, my life would be perfect for another 15 years at least.
>>
My memory is shit. It has always been shit. I had good grades in school because I studied three times as hard as anyone else. But real life is not about cramming for a test. Real life skills involve learning and remembering things for a really long time. I've been depressed since I was like 7, so that's probably the main culprit for my terrible memory.
>>
>>24828895
>My memory is shit. It has always been shit. I had good grades in school [...]

I almost wanted to say I stopped reading and tell you to literally kill yourself, but then I read on. I feel for you, anon. I too studied hard -- not as hard as I should have -- and only had mediocre grades.
>>
>>24828798
Tall, healthy and handsome are different from intelligence in my opinion though.

I'm not saying that intelligence can't be a great thing for some people. All I'm saying is that I might be happier if I would worry less or think less. Having a lower intelligence might accomplish that and I would gladly be less smart if as a result it made me overthink/worry less and made me happier.

I also never said that effort trumps intelligence. It doesn't. When I was in college there were people that claimed they spent over 40 hours a week on their studies. I got better grades than they did while only spending about 5-6 hours a week.

>>24828876
I'm sorry to hear that.
>>
>>24828407
I have a tested IQ of about 68. This was a four hour test facilitated by some company who is licensed to give out the damn things anyway. So I know what you mean OP, life is really difficult. I graduated high school by working my ass off and still barely obtaining C's while the rest of my class seemed to never even do their homework while they got A's. I'm currently in community college looking to become a welder though, the whole trade is really fascinating to me and you don't have to be overly smart to be one, just follow the damn instructions.

Seriously though, if you are like 5 points above being literally retarded like me, find an easy trade to go into and you can make decent money.
>>
>>24829015
Oh my god you fell for the skilled trade meme! Quick! The new thing is entrepreneurship.
>>
>>24828947
>All I'm saying is that I might be happier if I would worry less or think less.

You fucker. You are still talking about things you don't understand and I'm still supposed to forgive you your unwitting insolence. I literally hate you.

You aren't aware of what you're saying. You're toying with the idea of intelligence, 'oh, I would gladly sacrifice my intelligence, intelligence is perfectly sacrifice-able, [small print]all I ask for is just that I have happiness in return, that's a small, reasonable request after all, isn't it?[/small print]'. And you are ignorant of the fact that it's like, like another anon above implied, asking to be poor, because poor people have cool, Diogenes-mode lives, free from worry, free from materialism, except you arbitrarily dismiss in your fancy of poor/stupid lives all the factors that IN REALITY come with being poor/stupid. Bad health. Being conned. Accidents. Embarrassment. Being the butt of jokes. General insecurity, financial and other. Bad relationships. And thousands, thousands more.

And there is always the insult that you are whole SDs smarter than me and it is *I* who have to educate *YOU* on the subject of *my* inferiority and *your* false modesty which *you* misappropriate to the effect of *my* loss.

I loathe you and you wish you to die painfully.
>>
>>24829015
My sister's IQ was tested and is around 69 and she would never be able to formulate a post like that.

Are you sure that your IQ is only 68?
>>
>>24829040
This post is incoherent, but posts of intelligent people who try to speak about intelligence are so thoroughly misconception- and fallacy-ridden, it's almost pointless to try to explain the truth properly.

If I could just get people to shut up on the subject.
>>
>>24829045
It was tested and true from what I know. Words have always been fairly easy for me though, that and like visual stuff I can see (mechanics in cars, welding, etc). My problem is that when someone tells me about something and doesn't write it out word for word slowly in front of me or shows me directly how to do it I get completely lost. I was lucky enough my parents could afford a specialized tutor for me in high school so I could communicate so people understood me. It still takes me a while to think of the right sentences to post here so you all can understand because what makes sense in my head doesnt make sense to other people a lot
>>24829034
I just went into a trade because I didn't want to have to work. I really am liking learning it though as most of the stuff is hands on and I can see everything and the class is designed for slow learners like me
>>
>>24829040
You do seem very angry. I'm just trying to explain why I said I might be happier if I was a bit dumber. I honestly don't understand why it makes you so mad.

Are you mad because you are considered to be dumb and you feel like I don't appreciate being smart? I'm really trying to understand where your anger comes from.

You say that there's a lot of negatives that come with being stupid and while that might be true in some cases, like being conned more easily (although who's gonna con someone with no money). I don't understand why you bring up some of the other stuff like health or relationships. I think I would actually do better in relationships if I would think less.

I also don't think that dumber people are more vulnerable to embarrassment, insecurity or accidents.
>>
>>24829269
>that might be true in some cases
>>24829269
>I also don't think that dumber people are more vulnerable to embarrassment, insecurity or accidents.

THEN DO YOUR FUCKING READING BEFORE SPEAKING.
>>
>>24829269
>I honestly don't understand why it makes you so mad.

You're the equivalent of the people making the joke that schizophrenia is nice because you're never lonely, except you're being serious.
>>
>>24829331
>>24829288
>>24829269
But, sure, sure, let's try... let's try to imagine that YOU imagine how it feels to know that you'll never learn a foreign language, or an instrument, or learn to draw, or read a novel a month (not a day or a week), or own a car or a house, or have a gf, or have nice clothes, or know the history of your own country, or be interested by a fucking newspaper, or have a hobby such as building or programming something, or know how elevators or engines or fucking electricity works...

No. Won't happen. You won't imagine that.
>>
>>24829405
And then you'll spite in my face with your 'but at least you're happy'.
>>
>>24829424
>spite
*spit
>>
>>24829288
I don't know how to play and instrument, can't draw, don't have a hobby building or programming something (don't really have any hobbies at all), don't own a house or a car (can't even drive because I'm too socially retarded to get lessons), have no clue how elevators/engines/electricity works and the last time I bought clothes was over a year ago because I'm too socially retarded to go buy clothes.

My problems mainly stem from being socially retarded which I think I am because I worry too much and overthink stuff. All I'm trying to say is that if I were a little less intelligent (not talking about a huge drop in intelligence) I might be less of a social retard which I think would make me happier overall and I still do not understand why you get so mad when I say that, but maybe I'm just not as intelligent as I think I am.

And yes, I know that I mentioned being retarded before as something that might make me happier. All I mean by that is that retards seem to be pretty happy because they seem to be incapable of worrying about stuff.

>>24829424
No I won't because I don't know if you're happy. You are the only person here getting really mad and spitting in people's faces. I'm just trying to understand you. I never said that being dumb automatically makes you happy person. All I said that in my case being a little dumber or even retarded might increase my overall happiness.
>>
>>24829601
>a little less
>>24829601
>might
>>24829601
>just trying to understand

You could have tried to redeem yourself by at least choosing not to backpedal.

You didn't even do that. You just insulted every single stupid person and you're too cowardly to even own up to this fact.
>>
>>24829601
>don't really have any hobbies at all

I hate people like you. Ever eager to call others out on fake depression, fake anxiety, fake ugliness, fake this fake that in other people, but when it comes to hobbies, you suddenly are 'so boring, I have no interests at all, I'm just interested in Renaissance music, electronics, Romanesque architecture, rainforest fauna, robotics, and Balkan history'.

Literally drown at a sewage plant.
>>
>>24829601
I'm the guy from earlier who was tested at a 68 for my IQ. No, you don't want to be stupid like me. Everything takes longer and people get impatient with you no matter how hard you try. Just because I'm dumb doesn't mean I have an easy way to get girls or hobbies either. In fact I'm a kv and r9k is one of my only hobbies. If you want to be dumb just because you think we don't get bored or are ignorant to all the pain in the world you are also wrong, I think we are just too busy trying to struggle with our own difficulties we can't focus on those things.
>>
>>24828407
Autistic/retard here, want me to post some green texts?

Anyhow yeah its horrible, esp when you see normies/robots wasting their intelligence when you can make great use out of it.
>>
>>24829744
>when you see normies/robots wasting their intelligence when you can make great use out of it

Fucking this.

I would achieve so much if I had an IQ of 115. Maybe invented a language. Wrote all the programming projects I had ideas for. Maybe wrote a song or two. Wrote out my thoughts which I lack the raw brainpower to combine.

>'JUST TRY HARDER!'

Scum who say this never know the feeling of your brain literally erasing itself as soon as you struggle to grasp something... you then try to focus, to recatch it, tho clarify the idea, to remember... to understand... and it evades you again. 'JUST TRY AGAIN!', the normalfaggots cry. So, okay, so I will, again and again... and again... and again... and again... and fail yet again. But I won't give up... so... again, and... what, three hours have passed already?
>>
>>24829641
How did I insult every stupid person in this thread? And if I did so why would I be too cowardly to own up to it on an anonymous image board? It's not like anyone will remember once this thread 404's.

I'm not backpedaling? I still think that I would probably happier if I would be a little dumber.

You're just quoting random words that show some sort of doubt because I was making an honest attempt to understand what you're saying but you do not seem to want me to understand you anyway.

I thought that that was the entire point of reading and actually writing a response that's based on their post. To consider what they've wrote and to try to understand their point of view.

You don't address anything I wrote at all.

>>24829717
There you go again with your assumptions. How do you even get the idea that I call people out on fake depression, fake anxiety and fake ugliness? I honestly do not really have hobbies. All I do all day is play World of Warcraft and browse /r9k/. You could call those hobbies but it's not like I really enjoy them. I just do it because I have nothing better to do.

>>24829725
I'll happily agree that I would not trade my intelligence with your intelligence if your IQ is really 68. That's a point where being dumb would probably really suck.

Don't you think you'd be happier if you'd be legitimately mentally retarded though?
>>
>>24829744
>>24829810
As I have explained many times, the worst humiliation is when people call stupid, but motivated people smart, but lazy. This is the ultimate injustice.
>>
>being stupid
>the single most meme condition
it's something on the level of being born without a dick lol
>>
>>24829849
>Don't you think you'd be happier if you'd be legitimately mentally retarded though?

ANOTHER way in which you insult stupid people is how you imply that only happiness matters. 'Oh yes, all those things you want to do, your wishes that you were smart, that you knew and understood and appreciated and remembered things -- you know? those things don't mean shit. I'm just going to shit on your desires by devaluing them and telling you that what I have, and what you envy, is worthless.'
>>
>>24829949
And then, after you have your way with our values, our desires to self-improve, because 'intelligence is meaningless if you're miserable', you have the nerve to accuse us of 'not trying' and 'being lazy'.
>>
>>24829849
If I were stupid enough to qualify for government assistance for people who are retarded then yes I would be much happier. Or if I was so stupid I couldn't understand what was going on around me I think I would be content but not happy. The point is the ceiling for me is very present and very clear literally every time I try and do something and if thats not a valid reason to be completely depressed I don't know what is. The only thing I can really be thankful for is that both of my parents love me and still appreciate me as long as I try hard
>>
>>24829997
>The point is the ceiling for me is very present and very clear literally every time I try

This. I can see that you know what you're talking about. The 'ignorance is bliss' thing smart people have invented and believe is a myth. You can't notice having a smaller vocabulary, having nothing to add to in discussions, not following other people when they e.g. plan where to drive or how to split a bill or something, and so on.
>>
>>24830041
>nothing to add to
*nothing to add

>You can't notice
*you can't NOT notice
>>
>>24829949
Dude, different things can matter to different people. The thing that matters to me most is happiness.

In your case, being more intelligent would probably make you happy judging from your posts. Why else would you want to be more intelligent? You want to be more intelligent because that would make you happier.

Your argument is basically mine in reverse. You want to be smarter, I want to be dumber. In the end it all comes down to happiness. You think you will be happier smarter, I think I will be happier dumber. The difference is that I am not attacking you for wanting to be smarter (you are constantly accusing me of doing so though).

>>24829987
I never once called you lazy or accused you of not trying. You have a real habit of making stuff up.
>>
Who /if you don't use it, use you lost it/ ? When I was in middle / high school I was pretty good at academia but I dropped out and got a GED within a month and have only gotten dumber. Now 24 and trying to learn anything new is a massive fucking task. Used to love video games and played near everything but, the past few times I've tried playing new games (mainly moba / RTS) I've just found the idea of learning how to play these games to be a massive chore with no reward and quit nearly the same day I start
>>
>>24829949
It's ok anon I think he just sees things from a different perspective than you do and thats fine. True happiness is something rarely obtained by anybody though and assuming someone is happier just because we don't know what we are missing out on is almost as retarded as I am. Everyone I know always wishes they could be someone else, no matter how good they have it in life. We wish we had functioning brains and he wishes he could have the bliss of not overthinking.
>>
>>24830068
You're just depressed. Get fixed and get lost, this is not the thread for you. Your condition is not permanent.
>>
File: 14476405412.png (40 KB, 633x973) Image search: [Google]
14476405412.png
40 KB, 633x973
>extremely high IQ
>apathetic towards everything
>>
>>24830115
'Waah waah none of thousands of things I know and can do and do I feel as enthusiastic as I'd like to woe woe.'
>>
>>24830085
I dunno m8, I can be smart with some stuff and then just completely fucking clueless with other things. If someone shows me how to do something that isn't that hard, it might take me twice as many or more tries to get it right over someone else. I think motivation and a real burning desire to learn something is more important than a lower iq
>>
>>24830041
I mean at a certain point I can see why people think being retarded is bliss, but that point is so far down the line that I'm not even sure the people afflicted can feel anything. I have a cousin literally born with half a brain and she seems "happy" all the time but I'm sure she doesn't even know that she actually exists. For just stupid people its the struggle of knowing that we are stupid enough to be limited in everything we do but smart enough to know that we are failing somehow.

Sorry on response times I'm trying to make it so everyone can understand me, I usually don't get into discussions like this one
>>
>>24830141
>I think motivation and a real burning desire to learn something is more important than a lower iq

Another one. Get the fuck out until you understand the concept of predictive power and worthlessness of 'IQ doesn't matter if you don't apply it' which has zero to do with reality.
>>
>>24830141
Because spending 8 hrs a day on math for a year and never being able to get past algebra 2 surely shows how motivation > intelligence .

It's like the fags arguing nature vs nuture when we have severly retarded people , clearly genetics matter the most
>>
The worst is you're not able to express your thoughts and feelings. It's like I'm trapped in my own head. Takes me so long to rewrite and reword my sentences.
>>
File: 1444016391623.jpg (17 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
1444016391623.jpg
17 KB, 275x200
>>24830171
you're saying you're the stupid one yet I have a hard time understanding what you just said
>>
>>24830178
What really sucks is the situation that I'm in genetically. My Mom and Dad are literally the Stcay and Beta Bucks of real life. My Dad is smart and a nerd and awful around people but has lots of money, and my mom has basically been a Stacy/model/housewife all her life. I got my Dad's looks and a dumb version of my Mom's brain.

I never even made it past anything more than "geometry for dummies" at my high school because numbers don;t make any fucking sense.
>>
>>24830178
>Because spending 8 hrs a day on math for a year and never being able to get past algebra 2 surely shows how motivation > intelligence .

This. I was the same way with programming. I literally spent ten years trying to get into it, often spending whole days non-stop writing, and I still don't remember basic function definitions, look up syntaxes all time, and only once or twice came up with a nontrivial algorithm. I have no meaningful sites or programs to my name. A non-retarded person would achieve three times more in three times less the time.

'But', the smartfags will say, 'you still learned something!'

Except I have literally wasted my life. I have sunk countless hours into it, I have no other skills, have had nearly no social contact, and so on.
>>
This thread is so fucking real right now. Y'all just need to chill out. Being retarded sucks, but so does not being regarded. Let's just agree that it all sucks.

>but it only sucks when compared with some vague idea of what it could be.

>I could be happy if I was retarded
>I could have a fulfilling life if I was intelligent

It's the same shit as
>if I just had money I could be happy
>if I just lost weight I'd be happy
>if I just got a gf I'd be happy

Happiness doesn't come externally. It has to come from within. Plans are only useful to those who can live in the present moment. If you can't be happy how things are, you probably won't be happy with things differently. Focus on being happy where you are instead of tirelessly chasing some vision of potential happiness. Life happens in the present, don't miss it.
>>
>>24830142
I understand what you mean and I agree.
>>
>>24830235
>three times more in three times less the time

Actually, more like five times ... five times.

>>24830202
I mean that your 'effort is everything' is a bullshit tautology. 'You can learn as much as a person with high IQ if you just try harder.' There are hard limits to motivation. No one will try and want to learn something if they just. Can't. Get. It. This is pure fiction. No one is going to invest effort into e.g. learning guitar if he fails and fails and fails over and over. You can, and will, dumbly insist that 'we're just quitters, we're just giving up', but you yourself would probably give up even sooner. Nobody does things if doing yields zero benefit. It is intelligence that determines is a process of learning something, such as a language or a skill, yields observable results and makes further learning pleasant and feasible.
>>
>>24830235
>started programming a bit over a year ago
>now work for one of the biggest tech companies in the world, making fat stacks, working no more than 7h a day (including travelling)
>sure is nice to be smart :^)
>>
>>24830290
In other words, smartfags' 'just try harder!!!' is a way for them to quell their inner discomfort at the thought that they're wasting their potential which others would do a lot for. They don't want to acknowledge that they can do things other people will never be able to, so they delude themselves that 'everyone can, they just need to want really hard'. But this is just not feasible. This is just not going to happen. But fortunately for the person saying it, it is a tautology, and as such, it can't be disproven. So they'll continue to accuse others of laziness ('you just don't want to try!') while being hypocritical (because it is themselves who don't want to take responsibility for their intelligence).
>>
>>24830258
See >>24829949 and >>24829987. Fucking coward. Rather then face the reality of the plight of stupid people, you will rather degenerate every one of us who still want and try to achieve something by telling us to 'chill' and 'accept'.
>>
>>24830290
can you factor in early childhood development into all that? A lot of people including myself did well as children but eventually fell off the brain train due to using time to learn things. Some kid growing up who is learning and learning and learning is obviously gonna do better than the guy who was learning, got bored and stopped learning and then wants to start trying to learn again 10 years later
>>
>>24830360
I don't even care about money. I just want to be good at it. I want to be able to understand algorithms, understand what C headers are about, understand what is this functional programming thing, and so on. And I never will.
>>
File: 1116848881500550420271.jpg (11 KB, 429x271) Image search: [Google]
1116848881500550420271.jpg
11 KB, 429x271
I've never had my intelligence tested but i feel like im in the average intelligence range.

My problem is i missed the life changing class on discipline and cant motivate myself to do fucking anything.

I'm working toward and ME degree but this is almost my second time trying to make it above calculus and shit.

Two years ago spaceX was my dream. Now ill be lucky if the gas station will hire me.
>>
>>24830451
>ME

Engineering?

Oh, another 'average' person. Get out. We don't want to hear about your 'surprise' and the result being 'clearly an accident' when you're score 130.
>>
>>24830482
>>24830451
Or about how you're 'still a total idiot in some things'.
>>
>>24830427
Baby steps, mate.

Also, there are literally thousands of online materials, which I know may be daunting at first, but as I said, baby steps.

I'd suggest you first identify what you are interested in - enterprise programming, administration, security/networking, web, android/embedded, etc. Programming itself should be, sort of, complementary to your theoretical knowledge.

Good "programmers" typically understand the underlying principles, so they can pick up (almost) any programming language and be good with it.
>>
>>24830547
>I'd suggest you first identify what you are interested in - enterprise programming, administration, security/networking, web, android/embedded, etc.

NOTHING.

You... you...

NOTHING.

That's the POINT. That it BORES me. I find NO enjoyment in it. It is a chore. But I TRY NONETHELESS. Because there used to be this inking that has been always nagging me, 'don't give up, don't give up, do try to understand, do stick to it', even when my brain has been failing me dozens of times, when I lost focus and reread the same paragraph three times, when I had to switch tabs three times because I forgot the syntax I looked up, when I opened the same page thirty times per day because I forgot what I had read.

This is the 'motivation' you're saying I need. I have displayed it for ever. For nothing.
>>
>>24830604
And, of course, >inb4 that's not your thing.

The answer to that normalfag claim has always been, nothing is my thing. Literally every hobby of mine at which I failed was the same way. Linguistics. Art. Countless hours sunk into it, for nothing.
>>
>>24830547
>Baby steps

You too should literally drown painfully.

What do you think I was trying to do? Write a RDBMS or a kernel module?

OF COURSE I was struggling with the basic webdev crap.
>>
>>24830630
>tabula your good at video games
>only double ak in csgo after 700 hrs.
>>
>>24830482
Hey you know what thats ok. Everything i try turns out shit but im not going to try and prove i belong here.
>>
>>24828407
I am. I'm lazy as fuck, my family tells me I'm smart but they're just saying that to make me feel better.
>>
>>24830682
Just get out.
>>
>>24830678
Hey at least you're not stuck at Nova 4.

I only have like 130 hours though.
>>
File: 1447053893864.jpg (131 KB, 808x728) Image search: [Google]
1447053893864.jpg
131 KB, 808x728
Plot twist: Everybody that has posted in this thread is retarded, including myself.
>>
>>24830741
I don't want to omit anyone, but I don't think there are more than four or so retarded people ITT.
>>
>>24830667
>inb4 if you know what a kernel module is, this means you're not retarded

How about entering the Wiki article on Linux, leaving it, entering it again, learning no more about it, reading an article elsewhere on the Internet, (repeat five hundred times over ten years), and finally getting a small notion?
>>
>>24830689
but why?

original comment is here.
>>
>>24830873
Because >>24829717 & >>24830235 & >>24830290 &c.

extracontent
>>
>>24830919
I don't see why you gotta be so mean..
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.