[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, Lucid Dreaming. I wanted to know if its possible to achieve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: lnoektUzOM1qcamkqo1_1280.jpg (120 KB, 848x943) Image search: [Google]
lnoektUzOM1qcamkqo1_1280.jpg
120 KB, 848x943
So, Lucid Dreaming.

I wanted to know if its possible to achieve an "Addiction" level of lucid dreaming?

I want to turn lucid dreaming into the ultimate drug that i can use to escape real life and turn it on at will without anyone stopping me from doing it. No government, no regulations, no laws or rules, no moral barriers, no side effects or illnesses.
>>
>noko
I didn't expect anyone on this cancerous board to know what noko is.
>>
>>24828204
..people don't know what noko is?
>>24828191
yes, it's possible.
you're lucid dreaming and can create whatever you want.
I've only managed to lucid dream once, and the dream fall apart as soon as I realised. It's annoying often I can realise i'm dreaming and just wake up, but I can never then proceed to lucid dreaming, I just wake up. Haven't had a nightmare in years because I can just tell it's a dream and wake myself up.
>>
>>24828253
No, afaik that feature got removed a few years ago, hence 90% of this board doesn't know about it. (because they all came from rebbit between 2014-2015, which is why the quality of posts here has such dramatically decreased)
>>
>>24828290
I came in like 2011, to /b and then branched out, and i'm pretty sure the quality of posts is just as shit as it's always been.
>>
>>24828319
Maybe on /b/ but certainly not on /r9k/.
There used to be a lot less b8 and crap threads. And the best thing was - people weren't so stupid to reply to it.
That's what makes me mad the most. That the userbase here is so god damn stupid and retarded that they take every bait and reply to it. I wish they'd all just leave.
>>
>>24828387

>Not realizing we are replying post-ironically

haha stupid quasi-oldfag
>>
>>24828253
This sounds terrible. As soon as i realize its a dream i will wake up.

I guess ill have to practice...
>>
>>24828429
Nah it just takes practice.
And i'm not using any lucid dreaming techniques i'm just going to sleep and hoping for the best.
You could try the whole reality check stuff, or trying to stay conscious as you fall asleep.
>>
>>24828427
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
Pretending to be retarded still makes you retarded.

So yeah, kindly fuck off.
>>
>>24828457
you're letting off a lot of bad energy mate
i think you need to go find your center and realign your chi
>>
File: 1441921549315.jpg (65 KB, 639x640) Image search: [Google]
1441921549315.jpg
65 KB, 639x640
I've never tried consciously to lucid dream, but I quit smoking cigarettes for a year once and it caused me to have lucid dreams almost every night for months.

Since I was drinking a lot at this time I was really worried about getting drunk and having a smoke, but I stayed pretty strict with myself and managed to avoid. Then I started waking up in the mornings with this shitty anxious feeling, remembering that I'd smoked the night before. Then I'd think about it a little more and realize it was just part of a dream. (In the dreams I usually caught myself smoking or suddenly realized that I'd lit one up as if it was out of my control.) These dreams were very, very vivid.

This started happening almost every morning, I'd wake up with this really clear memory of breaking down and smoking at some bar from the night before, and I'd have to think really hard about whether it really happened.

Eventually whenever I "noticed" I was smoking or had recently smoked a cigarette I would automatically get this anxious feeling, like something was off, and it would trigger me to realize I was in a dream. This all lasted maybe four or five months. It tapered off as I (assume) I started smoking in my dreams less often, or my anxiety about smoking lessened after I got over the hump.

TL;DR: I quit smoking in real life but kept smoking in dreams, when I realized that "smoking" became my trigger for lucid dreaming for about 4 months.

(BTW I had very little success controlling the dreams, I would become more and less lucid within dreams but directing dreams is like trying to kick water up a hill.)
>>
You have to dream sparingly or the effects will diminish.
>>
I have lucid dreamt several times a week since I was about four years old, no addiction in the sense that I physically become sick if I don't, but I would miss it terribly if I stopped. It would be like giving up books.
>>
I've had many lucid dreams before but my favorite one was when I figured out it was a dream and I believed the only way to wake up was by going to sleep in the dream. This ended up with me having a dream inside a dream. In the dream in a dream I could fly around a giant snowy valley. When I woke from the dream in a dream, I was in a fake reality and went through my day in my old house when I was a young child. After preparing a bowl of cereal in my fake reality, I finally woke up. It was the longest dream I can remember and I can never forget it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.