[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it get better after High school? Please tell me it does.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: FB_IMG_1449415901370.jpg (79 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449415901370.jpg
79 KB, 960x960
Does it get better after High school? Please tell me it does.
>>
>>24827314
not for you it doesn't
>>
it gets better, but more alone, which might make it worse.
>>
I genuinely want to know this too.
>>
My life is easier after high school, but i'm just as depressed and lonely as i was. I literally wake up, play vidya and go to sleep. I still have no life and it did not magically get better
>>
it did not for me.
>>
Nah it gets worse

You know all the experiences you are missing right now? Well people will judge you even more harshly for not having them and you'll be seen as defective and even more ostracized
>>
>>24827314
>>24827332
Define better. Depending on your situation you get a ton more freedom, but if you're not ready for it it could crush you. Also, if peer group problems are what's got you down it gets both better and worse in college, and worse if you go straight into the workforce.

Pick your poison.
>>
Its really different senpai

I hardly remember my life and "inner life" during high school.

But I cant say it gets better.
>>
if thats you i think you're beautiful.
>>
>>24827314
is that Obamas daughter?
>>
>>24827314
It has the potential to get better, for sure, people are more mature at least, and a lot of those shitty attitudes people have in high school go away to some degree. People don't pick on other people for no reason as much, because they're not forced to be around them and the social hierarchies are less forced, so if people are being cunts but were the popular kids, they tend to not be anymore, groups start to fracture as results of that.

You do have to mature as well though, take the time you get after high school and before whatever you want to do to be able to pick up a few hobbies.
>>
>>24827314
dress like that around me and yer just begging to get raped
>>
it never gets better. if you're lucky, your life will stay around the same level, but it's more likely to be like a rollercoaster; lots of highs, but many more lows, and both get lower each time
>>
File: 1440407227464.gif (954 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1440407227464.gif
954 KB, 320x240
>Does it get better after High school? Please tell me it does.

I'm 29 years old and being 18/19 were the best years of my life. That being said, no matter how bad you had it, it gets much worse after 25. Sorry.
>>
File: 1428033264923.jpg (186 KB, 1023x986) Image search: [Google]
1428033264923.jpg
186 KB, 1023x986
>>24827314

It does get better, you just hav 2 b urself. :^)
>>
File: lowselfesteem.png (639 KB, 580x603) Image search: [Google]
lowselfesteem.png
639 KB, 580x603
>>24827332
Not if you're a tripfag
>>
I always thought that the best years of my life were wasted being abused. I thought if I wasn't able to enjoy the part of my life that was easy, with no responsibilities, then I could never be a happy adult.

But at 25 I'm happy to say I'm a happy adult and making steps toward stability and a bright future everyday. I know it sounds cheesy as fuck, but hang in there, it can get better.
>>
>>24827314
lolno

much worse.
you will lose what few friends you have one by one
you won't be able to form friendships with people in college like you do in high school.

you will be much more lonely
you will be much more depressed, and you will spend all your days on here wasting away because you cannot fit into society and make something of yourself
you will also lose what social skills you have now, possibly reverting to how you were before high school or possibly worse

every day will eventually blend together so perfectly you will not be able to tell the difference
days, weeks,months and finally years will fall off the calendar while you do nothing but wonder what life would have been like, had you been born into a different family, or a different gender, or a different state or city, or if you had at least a sibling to befriend, talk to and share your troubles with growing up

life out of high school is much more difficult and terrifying than anything you can possibly imagine, and it's a reality you will not be able to escape forever. the only comfort you will have in life is gained through this website, masturbating, video games or anime.
you will never be ready for the soul-crushing responsibility and experience of wageslaving or the years in college ahead of you.

(Wealthy NEETS or chads need not apply)
>>
File: 1416707461307.jpg (69 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1416707461307.jpg
69 KB, 500x484
>tfw zero future plans for after HS
I'm fucked
>>
Highschool times where fun and I had dream.

Now I'm mostly dead inside.
>>
>>24827614
>Pretty much this

it is amazing how purposeless life outside high school was for me. I was never much popular but at least I knew where I fitted in the social structure. And there was a goal in my life - finish high school.
>>
>>24827614
>every day will eventually blend together so perfectly you will not be able to tell the difference
days, weeks,months and finally years will fall off the calendar while you do nothing but wonder what life would have been like, had you been born into a different family, or a different gender, or a different state or city, or if you had at least a sibling to befriend, talk to and share your troubles with growing up

this hit me right in the feels
>>
>"High school was the best time of my life!"

How much of a depressing sack of shit do you have to be to say this? You either:
a) are a normalfag who spent high school partying and having lots of sex
b) don't remember how shitty it was and are romanticizing it post facto (I fell into this camp for a while)
c) are a fuckup
>>
File: 1416440048112.png (219 KB, 1199x444) Image search: [Google]
1416440048112.png
219 KB, 1199x444
>>24827894
>are a fuckup
On /r9k/? No way.
>>
>>24827614
projecting: the post
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.