[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get how this could be possible in 1969.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 13
File: Moon-landing-2.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Moon-landing-2.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
I don't get how this could be possible in 1969.
>>
I really think we should go back. We have modern space stations now, I don't see why we wouldn't have more moon voyages. especially since it can all be filmed and documented.
>>
>>24826247
Because there's literally no point, the only reason america went there in the first place was the dick measuring contest with Russia which they ultimately lost anyway.
>>
>>24826247
but m-muh defense spending
>>
Because fuck communism

Seriously though we used to be unified as a country in sticking it to other people, then after landing on the moon and playing golf and catch and doing donuts in rovers we got complacent, then we got fat

We need an old style war again and a real rival to make this country great again
>>
>flag is waving
>when theres no wind in space

Hate to break it to you, but the moon landing was fake as fuck guys.
>>
You probably don't believe it happened without doing any research on it at all other than what you've read on the internet.
>>
File: enough.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
>>24826216
Holy shit you are RIGHT OP! All the Aerospace engineers had it wrong, and it was FILMED. Where the fuck would we be without people who have no education higher than state college philosophy classes disproving these advancements!
>>
>>24826305
Do you even get tired of being retarded?
>>
>>24826305
>he doesn't see the stick at the top of the flag holding it out
>>
>>24826272
the space race was a massive factor I know, and we have samples, so the moon is practically done with in terms of examination, mars on the horizon etc. etc.

but if we're planning on having a man on mars in 20 years, a country should really prove all of those moon landing cynics wrong.
>>
File: 1443964447407.jpg (42 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1443964447407.jpg
42 KB, 413x395
>>24826276
The upcoming war with islam will bring about a new golden age.
>>
>>24826338
Why would the government give a shit about lunatics (oh the irony)?
Also, mars colonization is a meme
>>
>>24826216
Is this >>>/x/?
>>
>>24826376
>mars colonization is a meme
it is all talk.

I'm just amazed how boring this time is, yet so pivotal in our race's future desu
>>
women and the black still knew their place back then

At least compared with today
>>
>>24826272
>which they ultimately lost anyway.
u wot
>>
>>24826247
>I don't see why we wouldn't have more moon voyages

because why?

Before humanity actually got there it was assumed that the moon would contain space sex-slaves or space-oil or space-gold or something. Instead it's just fucking rocks and dust.

Maybe if all the multi-billionaires in the world get bored they might get together and start a youtube or twitch channel based on showing poor people what it's like to go to the moon, but otherwise eh?

Even things like SpaceX are more concerened with getting rockets to land back on the ground properly first, and help with the ISS, rather than literally aim for the moon
>>
>>24826356
I said real rivals, not sand niggers talking about aloha snackbar
>>
>>24826376
>Also, mars colonization is a meme
Our planet is dying. We're fucking up the climate, extracting all the resources. We have to come up with some amazing new energy quickly, and start to get resources from other worlds as soon as possible.
>>
Nobody has ever been to space.
Nobody has even circumnavigated the world.
The world is a flat disc, surrounded by a wall of ice.
The Illuminated Ones keep this from the world, to prevent us from escaping to the paradise beyond the ice wall.
>>
>>24826329
butthurt amerilard kek
>>
File: 1445525040470.jpg (298 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1445525040470.jpg
298 KB, 960x960
>>24826445
The bulk of physical conflict in the Cold War was against whom?

Gooks, norks, hungry spics from Central American countries that no one's heard of, mindless African "freedom fighters" financed by the Soviet Union?

Which of those are your real rivals?
>>
>>24826272
you... you know that the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991 right?
>>
>>24826331
>implying they have sticks on the moon
nice try
>>
>>24826449
or, instead of terraforming mars we could try terraforming earth.

and instead of learning nothing and going digging for resources on Mars we could instead not turn the resources on earth into new iphones every year.
>>
>>24826216
It never happened. It has been proven that it was fake already.
>>
>>24826439
It's got some frozen hydrogen or frozen oxygen or something up there that we could eventually mine for fuel. Far future. but it's not worth it yet, not until we are sending pioneers to Mars on the regular or something.
>>
>>24826759
>proven
I love this meme
>>
>>24826759
TRAIN BY DAY
JOE ROGAN PODCAST BY NIGHT
ALL DAY
>>
>>24826216
the program from mercury to apollo cost about a trillion dollars

since 1965 we have spent 22 trillion on welfare

imagine if we had spent that welfare money on our space program

instead we flushed it down the toilet

proud that I watched the 1969 landing when it happened

glad I will be gone before this country completely becomes a third world nation
>>
>>24826777
so we could mine fuel that would be used for the rockets that bring back nothing or even a negative worth because they'd use more fuel than they could bring back.

I mean it would be great and useful for scientific exploratory purposes, eventually turn it into a refueling station, but nothing worth to save the planet or any thing like that.
>>
>>24826848
>proud that I watched the 1969 landing when it happened

Methuselah leave
>>
>>24826216
The moon doesn't even exist, its just a sticker in the sky
>>
File: crying eagle.gif (190 KB, 400x272) Image search: [Google]
crying eagle.gif
190 KB, 400x272
>>24826848
Cool, that much was spent on "defense" since 2010.
>>
>>24826710
I'm not talking about terraforming Mars, but we need to start space mining soon.

Yes, we should probably stop wasting money on shit like iphones, but unless we genocide 80% of the population, we're not going to be able to halt the tide of mass resource wasting.
>>
>>24826848
Those are good points, grandpa.

I want to live in a world where the focus is on science, instead of shit like war and religion. Unfortunately, the greatest scientific accomplishment that we've pulled off (moon landing), was only accomplished because we were at war.
>>
where is some proof this didnt happen
>>
>>24826324
Well I mean it technically was filmed :)
>>
>>24827007
>but unless we genocide 80% of the population, we're not going to be able to halt the tide of mass resource wasting.

The problem isn't the number of people at all, far far far far from it, it's how resources are spent and consumed. People want to live in a world where they grow oranges and have golf courses in the middle of literal deserts, and they act like an African village that consumes less water than their toilet is the problem.

I'm not saying we should all be living in African mudhuts and halt all progress to accommodate more people, but there's a middle ground between the two options.
>>
>>24827347
I think it's a combination. If there were only 500 million people on this planet, I think that we would be stable in terms of resources (for a long while at least). But yes, if we didn't buy our second car, swim in our heated pools, and then AC our garages while fixing our Hummers, then yes that would help.

Unfortunately, we will always want the next iphone model, trash our functional used cars, and have our clothes shipped from bangladesh because it's a couple dollars cheaper.
>>
>>24826865
>rockets that bring back nothing

Right, because they're going away to other planets / moons. FAR future. It might not save the planet but it might save humanity, some day.
>>
>>24826865
Look up the rocket equation. If you're not retarded, you'll see the mining fuel like that is essential for the next phase of exploration.
>>
>>24826602
And yet, America still needs Russia for space travel.
Tfw kekes by your own space industry.
>>
>>24826920
How do you know the sky even exists?
>>
File: 1449121755301.jpg (146 KB, 534x579) Image search: [Google]
1449121755301.jpg
146 KB, 534x579
>Born too early to be a space debris collector

Curse this nothing generation.
>>
>>24827459
Most people who use resources are Westerners, and EU population is about half a bil as is, so its a moot point.
>>
look up lunar soil and how toxic it is and how it damages equipment. china sent a rover to the moon i think in 2013 it was the first one sent to the moon since the apollo missions and it malfunctioned because of lunar dust.
>>
>>24827682
Wanna know a secret anon? No matter how cool your job may be, if it doesn't pay you enough to do more than simply live off of (i.e.-living paycheck to paycheck) it eventually gets pretty damn old.
>>
>>24828617
Get fucked tripshit, I want to work in space.
>>
>>https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=hzZJh96ZFbA
>>
>>24826216
It never happened OP. The Soviets couldn't call us out otherwise we'd call them out for their hoaxes. It was an elaborate ruse and a lot of people fell for it. If we actually had done it, then we would have already been mining it for shekels.
>>
That's the nutty thing. You've got a more sophisticated technology in your 4chan machine than they did to accomplish the moon landing. We sent live human beings up there in what essentially amounted to a tin can barreling through the vacuum of space, they did a lot of the math on paper, and we put somebody up there in a protective suit. In the 60's.

For chrissakes, if we can walk in molten lava and plunge people safely into the depths of the Mariana trench, we can put somebody safely on the surface of the moon. What's astonishing is that we did it with technology like that. in all seriousness, real space exploration is a genuine possibility right now. We just don't have the balls to condemn entire generations to space travel, cut off from wi-fi.
I'm somebody who believes in chemtrails, a planned demolition on 9/11, UFOs, false flags, robot armies, DUMBs, actual brainwashing, secret societies, subliminal messaging, and the possibility of HIV being a manmade virus. Even I think that we put a dude on the moon. As far as conspiracy theories go, the moon landing one just doesn't have much oomph for me.
>>
Because all you need to get to the moon is Newtonian physics and rockets, both of which were pretty matured in the 1960s.
>>
>>24830113
>real space exploration is a genuine possibility right now
No it's not. We can barely explore out own solar system, let alone anything outside of it.
It took Voyager 30 years to get into interstellar space.
>>
>>24827764
>look up lunar soil and how toxic it is

already learned that from cave johnson to be honest
>>
>>24826216
What's so difficult about getting to the moon? Getting out of the atmosphere? Staying alive in space? Each problem on its own isn't that difficult to solve. Making it all come together though took time and money but each piece of technology was in line with the other developments in the decade.
>>
>>24827623
You are silly
>>
>>24826432
russia was first to space burgerfriend
>>
>>24831347
And USA was literally first to everything else. EVA, rendezvous, space stations, moon landings, fucking everything. Fuck off ruskie
>>
>>24826960
You do realize NASA piggybacks on the military
>>
File: 1449510971808-0.png (220 KB, 438x392) Image search: [Google]
1449510971808-0.png
220 KB, 438x392
There is a reason there are so many excuses as to why no one attempts to go back. It never happened.
>>
>>24826305
>what are compression waves
>what is matter
>>
>>24826848
There more deserving things to spend money on than NASA imo.
>>
>>24831017
Mostly radiation senpai. That is what I don't understand. It is our biggest block to Mars. Yet I never hear of any astronauts suffering from even super mild radiation poisoning.
>>
>>24826216
>I don't get how this could be possible in 1969.

The head down to your local library and read a book on the topic to understand.
That is what I did when I was 10.
It is ok that you are a little slow, you can still learn.
>>
>>24831683
The ISS is within earth's magnetic field, they get cosmic rays but it's not a lot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGXTF6bs1IU
>>
File: silenthillkek.jpg (64 KB, 709x538) Image search: [Google]
silenthillkek.jpg
64 KB, 709x538
>>24826702
holy mother of kek

fukkin robot bs
>>
>>24831347
And that race/others bankrupted vodkas and lead to the demise of their shitty political system
>>
File: but...sputnik.jpg (230 KB, 838x740) Image search: [Google]
but...sputnik.jpg
230 KB, 838x740
>>24831579
>inb4 history lesson
>>
File: chartres.jpg (46 KB, 404x300) Image search: [Google]
chartres.jpg
46 KB, 404x300
>>24827073
>and religion
yes indeed what a shame
r/atheism pls leave

ultimately probably the biggest waste of money is welfare and niggers
for the return, they simple aren't worth helping
nor is anyone below 100iq
>>
>>24832028
>believes in god
>thinks he has iq above 100
>>
File: bascillica of hagia sophia.jpg (64 KB, 542x313) Image search: [Google]
bascillica of hagia sophia.jpg
64 KB, 542x313
>>24832044
who said i believed in god
youre just an idiot is all
>>
File: 1439201202558.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1439201202558.gif
1 MB, 400x225
Just a friendly reminder that there will be the first manned orbiting of the moon for the first time since Apollo 17 three years from now by a NASA on a fraction of the budget it was on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Launch_System#SLS_program_mission_schedule
>>
File: st denis.jpg (235 KB, 774x1032) Image search: [Google]
st denis.jpg
235 KB, 774x1032
>>24832044
i have more examples of wasted money if your interested
i never get to dump my cathedrals
>>
>>24827073
This is really what you call "the greatest scientific accomplishment"?
Amerilards delusional as always.
>>
>>24831017
The two issues are hitting the damn thing and a oiding that your moonship breaks on impact.
>>
Do you believe we went to space?

If so, then landing on the moon isn't that hard to do when you think about it. The hard part is just getting out of the atmosphere.

But once we enter space, it's all just a matter of pointing the ship in the right direction.

I think it requires some serious mental gymnastics to think we got into space but weren't able to go to the moon.
>>
>>24827347
>>24827459
You guys aren't really bringing up the fact that industry are the ones wasting consumers don't have a say in what they buy.
The people who make money, own the money and give the money are the ones to blame.
They make ads on tv telling you how you're destroying the rain forests and shitting on the world yet how many lumber jacks do you know?
More importantly just look at any charity, people donate millions and literally none of it ends up in the hands of the poor that were exploited for the charity.
>Landed on the moon
My fucking balls you did. They've discovered a radiation layer that surrounds our planet that would kill any person that traveled through. They were so excited about the news they even went and told everyone, they just forgot the fact that they've been sending people outside our planet for decades 'apparently'.
Just look at the way a rocket takes off, mass explosion tons of fucking fuel, drop the fuel tanks break off more, more fuel, and dropping more weight. So you made it to the moon, now how the fuck do you get back? You just set off a nuke to launch yourself and now you've got less than what you came with and you want to fly back? Not only that but you can't push off anything in space, once you're out of the atmosphere you can't propel because there's nothing to propel from.
>>
>>24830113
You're just being selective cos you love sci-fi
>>
>>24832529
Holy fuck you're retarded, come back when you finish year 10 physics.
>>
>>24831579
>EVA
I thought that was Japan
>>
>>24832529
>You just set off a nuke to launch yourself
What the fuck am I reading
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.